Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 365 times)

Holly Short

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to your confessional!
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:49:54 am »
Oh my! Who do we have here? A new officer joining the ranks?

Well thank the fairy heavens for that! The last new recruit we had was Sherly and he’s still bumbling about thinking of himself as a consulting detective. Pff!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes!

Welcome! We’re excited to have you here.

This is your confessional, where you can post whatever you want. Your thoughts, your ideas, your deepest, darkest feelings! No evidence can be used against you here.

Please make a post in this thread to confirm that you’re still up for the task of joining the force. I wish you the best of luck!

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 09:06:31 am »
Still very much up to join the force!

Scooby-Doo

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 01:08:41 am »
You can't solve this all by yourself, with out a raggy who would be your second in command?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 03:24:51 am »
Oh hi, Scooby Doo. Nice to see a fellow crime-fighting dog out here. Come to think of it, there are three in this game alone.

Anyways, I feel like I've been able to narrow down my potential 'second in command' to three options at this point, and my opinions have majorly changed since the game first began. I'll just give a list with my top three and explain why the other three aren't on the top.

Top Three (In no particular order):
Lennie:
Pros: Lennie seems really eager to open up and establish an alliance. He's the person I've had the most game talk with by a bit of a long shot, and as far as I can tell, he seems honest about his intentions?
Cons: As far as I can tell, he's a bit quick to the draw with giving away information and alliance proposals. I'll have to watch what I say carefully around him, because there's no telling if he could leak it or not.

Jake:
Pros: Excellent conversationalist. I really feel like I can connect with him and share my thoughts on the state of the game and my opinions on others, which is really nice!
Cons: He's doing the same thing with pretty much everyone else on the tribe, almost guaranteed. His first opening message to everyone was the same, so I've been watching his back a bit and making sure that he's not unintentionally targeted for potentially saying something he shouldn't, and have been putting in a good word for him to earn myself some goodwill with someone who has a lot of power over this tribe already. Minor con-- he seems reluctant to actually cement anything game-related, which can be a tad frustrating when the game is going by at a mile a minute. Like, we can at least pretend to agree that we want to work together, right? (Which I do.)

Leon:
Pros: New to the game (apparently), and with that, should maybe be inexperienced? I want to help show him the ropes and make his first experience a good one-- not to mention that he's open and super easy to talk to. I've already broached the topic of working together, and I feel like he's really into it!
Cons: He could totally be lying and I'd look like an idiot. Also has the same problem as Lennie where he leaks information, intentionally or unintentionally, but I haven't heard anything of that nature yet.

-

My other three will just have a summary of why they're not in my top three.
Hannah - Sort of boring to talk to. We haven't really gotten to know each other beyond initial first impressions, and if this was a contest for who has engaged me the least, it would probably be her as my first choice to go. Still, people seem to like her, so she might be sticking around.
Paul - Actually a funny and decent dude. However, his pros are nowhere near as good as that of the top three, and on top of that, people seem to find him sort of bland and passive? He might be a candidate for first boot from our tribe if nobody decides that they want to stick their neck out for him.
Ace - A total wild card. Sends what are easily the shortest messages, and I have no idea what his opinions on people are nor what other people think of him. Could also be a potential first boot from our tribe if people don't think that they can trust him going forwards.

-

That said, there's been discussion between Lennie and I about a 'Good Old Boys' alliance between ourselves and Jake-- us three make up the core. Then, we drag two more people (Leon and... Hannah???) in to make a majority no matter what. Then, when we get down to five, the initial core will have control and we can potentially take out Hannah to protect ourselves. Hopefully it doesn't actually come to that, but I have faith that this could potentially work out to be a good thing! I'm also hoping that this isn't an elaborate ruse and I've actually made a good first impression on people.

Hope that answers your questions, Scoob!

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 03:29:30 am »
Hang on a second, this is the wrong channel! By jove, you've jebaited me into responding in my moderator confessional instead of the designated thread for confessionals!