Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 4663 times)

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2020, 05:30:07 pm »
If Rust goes here, then they all have a shot depending on FTC.

Rust wins here if Lucifer doesn't remove him bc Rust has been the premier Jury threat since Jake left the game and should win by virtue of not being eliminated.
Do not call me Joody Hoops!

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2020, 05:30:54 pm »
I think Lucifer had a lot more awareness of things than he really let on to most people, but he's not a super flashy person. He's more of a watch and wait and collect information kind of guy. From my perspective anyways, we'll see if he can manage to bring any of that into FTC with him. It's entirely possible he doesn't just take out Poirot as the hugest obvious threat who has to leave, but rather takes out one of the quieter ones. Perhaps he sees that Poirot has a lot of blood on his hands and if we're a bitter jury, could hold that against him. I don't think he'll take this decision lightly.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2020, 05:37:23 pm »
I mean, Leon loves Rust too, it may be a case of Lucifer recognising Rust's threat and forcing rocks if Leon can't be convinced to vote Rust.

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2020, 05:37:43 pm »
Or is it challenge bc of how late we are?

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2020, 07:52:03 pm »
Guys I need to confess something. I guess both tribes at the time might be upset at me when I say this. But do you remember the puzzle challenge? I lied about losing power, I was legitimately trying to throw the challenge in attempt to help save Chase. It didn’t work because we somehow still won that challenge. Nick was the only one I told iirc.

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2020, 08:04:32 pm »
Hilarious considering at no point was Chase going to go that that TC.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2020, 08:49:19 pm »
Speaking of challenge throwing— why did Grouch get such a high score in the money challenge?

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2020, 08:55:10 pm »
The funny thing is it still would have indirectly saved Chase though, because we wouldn't have gone to that 4th TC.

« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2020, 08:59:19 pm »
Who did the Puzzle for SVU by the way?

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2020, 09:30:29 pm »
Blart

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2020, 09:32:32 pm »
The funny thing is it still would have indirectly saved Chase though, because we wouldn't have gone to that 4th TC.

True true

I will say that I didn't expect or think about how Blarts idol play must have looked to the other tribe not knowing Kate was idoled out. If Chase had made it out of the tribe, it would have been much easier to talk about how it wasn't any sort of extermination of the tribe happening.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2020, 09:33:40 pm »
Guys I need to confess something. I guess both tribes at the time might be upset at me when I say this. But do you remember the puzzle challenge? I lied about losing power, I was legitimately trying to throw the challenge in attempt to help save Chase. It didn’t work because we somehow still won that challenge. Nick was the only one I told iirc.
Oh... uh, that's actually kinda hilarious. At the time that happened, I had sent an awful lot of messages saying it was awfully unfair to penalize us all for something completely out of our control like a power outage and I was going to be absolutely livid if that's what we lost because of. So that's super fun. Sorry mods for all of those messages.

Speaking of challenge throwing— why did Grouch get such a high score in the money challenge?
I've never thrown a challenge, I'm just not super good at many challenges. Some I have a good chance at, but not too many. And ones with math, lol no.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2020, 09:43:48 pm »
Maybe you guys are vastly more up on international exchange rates but the way the scoring worked seemed like it added a lot of potential variance, because it wasn't really measuring how accurate your estimates of exchange rates were, since if you overestimated one and underestimated another, they could balance out. I think by having vastly larger quantities for a few currencies helped to balance that a little but it would have made more sense using absolute values or squares of the differences. I think we probably would have lost anyway, but I was really surprised at how low Narcotics Unit's scores were.

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2020, 10:54:44 pm »
I mean, Leon loves Rust too, it may be a case of Lucifer recognising Rust's threat and forcing rocks if Leon can't be convinced to vote Rust.
BTW, on this point, does Leon actually love anyone? I seriously don't think he has had any lasting loyalty to anyone in the game save maybe Scruff. I know that during the merge Rust and Leon seemed to have to rebuild their relationship to some extent (I guess after the Pikachu vote?), and maybe that was fake but I don't think so. I know Leon and Rust liked each other on the Narcotics Unit but Rust seemed to be unsure about their relationship.

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2020, 11:16:47 pm »
BTW, on this point, does Leon actually love anyone? I seriously don't think he has had any lasting loyalty to anyone in the game save maybe Scruff. I know that during the merge Rust and Leon seemed to have to rebuild their relationship to some extent (I guess after the Pikachu vote?), and maybe that was fake but I don't think so. I know Leon and Rust liked each other on the Narcotics Unit but Rust seemed to be unsure about their relationship.

I believe so, I expect to learn he didn't want to vote me at 6, just I went awol, which I did. I felt safe in that vote had I not slept early and through pretty much the entire phase.