Author Topic: Soarin  (Read 2420 times)

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
Soarin
« on: May 17, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »
Goodnight, sweet prince

wait is Soarin a stallion or not i thought everypony on this show was a mare tbh

Queen Chrysalis

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Soarin
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:18:47 pm »
Soarin is a boy, well done.

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 05:20:59 pm »
I will never understand these ponies

Are they in a cult?

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 05:26:58 pm »
So I was talking with Granny before TC began and she was 100% down to taking out Coco. I talked about it with Pear too and he said he'd think about it, so it was fairly probable that Coco would've been voted out, but she won immunity so yeah that plan went out the window.

Granny told me that Rarity was thinking about voting for Pear but I didn't really buy it and it would probably fuck up my chances of winning anyhow. So basically I approached Pear and Rarity and was like "hey, I'm not nearly as big of a threat as Coco's making me out to be, I played like complete shit, you both will 100% lose against Granny and Coco if you vote me out." Pear said he'd think about it but Rarity just didn't message me and at all, and then one of them spilled the beans to Granny that I was targeting her and I'm thinking it was Rarity. And I even exposed the alliance I had between me/DJ/Granny/Coco and how basically 90% of what I've been doing this game has just been following them, but they still voted me out for some reason? I'm thinking Rarity had some vendetta against me or something.
We're sooooarin', flyyyyyin', there's not a staar in heeeeaven that weee can't reach~

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 05:30:14 pm »
well I already wasn't going to vote rarity but this just cements it

SENT USING PONYPHONE
ALWAYS I WANT TO BE WITH YOU MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 05:44:50 pm »
Do you get why rarity didnt keep me?

Also very sorry to see you here dude

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 05:45:53 pm »
Maybe the big twist in this game is that granny has 3 accounts

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 06:15:20 pm »
If Rarity/Pear had an F2 I'd vote for Pear. If Rarity had an F1 I'd vote for the stool she's sitting on. Her game has just been so inconceivably horrendous that I don't even know where to begin.

Like I kind of get why Pear was opposed to keeping me. For some reason after the Rainbow TC I just decided not to talk to anypony out of my alliance, even though I was planning to backstab them, b/c I was afraid they'd go tell Granny/Coco, even though I was planning to backstab them. That was just dumb and really bad survivor gameplay on my end. But with Rarity she knew all this stuff the TC before. I approached her basically revealing my alliance and how we need to take out Granny -> Coco, and she was like "well that's cool and all but I think we should target Pear b/c he's a dark horse challenge beast that'll fare well against the jury" and I'm like ???. I tried to insist on Granny but I got the impression she talked to DJ about it and they were cool with it so I just gave in. Turns out it was one of those grand, useless blindsiding schemes she adores for some reason, and I'm thinking "well played Rarity, way to go trashing your game even further lmfao". Rarity messaged me after the vote and said "well I wanted to vote out Pear but Granny and Coco were worried about DJ's advantage and didn't feel important in their plans" and it's like jfc Rarity why the fuck do you care so much about what Granny and Coco think? And she already spilled that they were going after DJ b/c of his advantage so that excuse didn't even make sense.

Stream rolls are pretty interesting b/c while they're fairly boring to watch play out it's awing to go back after the fact and see just how successfully they maneuvered through the game. At the end of the day after I spilled everything I don't think I should've been voted out over Granny, but props on her and Coco for choosing the right ponies to take to the end. I have nothing but respect for the games Coco and Granny played, and I'll be fairly disappointed if Coco doesn't take home this whole thing.
We're sooooarin', flyyyyyin', there's not a staar in heeeeaven that weee can't reach~

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 06:40:22 pm »
it should've been a derpy hooves steamroll instead

SENT USING PONYPHONE
ALWAYS I WANT TO BE WITH YOU MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 01:51:39 am »
It's a weird feeling to have your entire alliance make F4 after voting you out in 8th =/

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 01:56:19 am »
I am interested in how Rarity explains what she's been doing. I don't think this is the worst F4 for her (Coco is not the right person to take to the end, but due to advantages/immunities/firemaking twist the last opportunity to vote her out of the game was F7), but I don't get why she's been so focused on targeting Pear specifically if she was intending to go to the end with this group.

Rainbow Dash

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 01:59:32 am »
She and I did have a doctrine of trying to stay in the middle on votes so we could dictate which way things went each round and so that we weren't on the block - I wonder if this was her continuing that

But being able to dictate the result doesn't really help your case much if you choose status quo every time

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 08:56:05 am »
Yeah atm I don't see myself voting Rarity unless they have a strong case to be made

They had the most power and ability to shake up the game with all their advantages, even the double vote wasn't used effectively

Was there much talk of Jury threats and who everypony was worried would win if they got to the FTC?

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 09:47:59 am »
I feel like shes thrown the game away by refusing to vote granny out

I dont know if she wins in an FTC against pear and me or pear and soarin but at least she has a chance

Shes talked to me quite a few times about thinking she had already lost and how she wasnt really trying to win anymore or something and unless she says that was a strategy to get me to underestimate her I'm gonna have a real hard time with that

She also presented herself to me as desperate to vote in the majority no matter what and unwilling to take any stand for anything, which I see as cowardly (I know this word gets misused in survivor but she literally used the word afraid multiple times) and sheeplike. Same applies here, shes going to have to disavow this before I even think about voting for her

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 11:59:48 am »
Sidenote: is anypony else also doing a torchwalk? I'm gonna put one in my confessional, figured it might be nice to do it, anypony else wanna join me on it?

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 12:20:06 pm »
Cool, because I barely interacted with the people currently doing torchwalks other than Granny during premerge, really. I might do it as well, I've never done torchwalks before, always get thrown out before.

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 12:57:46 pm »
Yeah that's partly why I'm doing them too, I think it'd be nice if all the Jury did it

Queen Chrysalis

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 01:55:58 pm »
That's actually a sweet idea, I'll join in on that.

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 02:12:44 pm »
I will assign everypony a song from the donkey kong country tv song

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 02:23:15 pm »
I feel like we should make this a thing for all games going forward haha

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 02:39:34 pm »
I just realised, out of all of the many many items...me and Derpy were the only ones who used their items effectively

My idol for Pinkie to get Flim Flam out
Derpy's challenge advantage saved him from that vote

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 02:51:40 pm »
and my totally real idol senser (tm) which I used on coco

SENT USING PONYPHONE

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 03:02:28 pm »
I mean cocos idol existing prevented any number of possible moves against her without actually doing anything

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 03:08:49 pm »
Out of question, if you guys were in my shoes, and given that for the most part I was under the impression that I was the only one who knew the information from AppleJacks idol map thing and also given that I myself had an idol

Would you have lied and manipulated that information? I was trying to think on how I could use that information to my advantage

As for Cocos idol, did Rarity know about it? She could've used the items to stop Coco from playing the idol and get her out

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 03:55:17 pm »
I dont know if she wins in an FTC against pear and me or pear and soarin but at least she has a chance
That was basically my pitch to Rarity/Pear last TC, b/c the TC before Rarity also moaned to me that she felt she had no chance against me/DJ and wanted to throw the game to us (what bs that was), so I made sure to emphasize my downfalls and play up Granny's game. I felt I did a decent job outlining why they'd have a better chance against me compared to Granny, but I guess Rarity didn't buy it or was already committed to throwing her game to the apples. Rarity 100% knew about the idol. I told her about how Coco revealed it to me/DJ back in the Pinkie TC when I was explaining how big of a threat she is and how she'd sweep the game if nopony did anything about her. Part of me was worried she'd get excited and want to take a shot at Coco using her items, but yeah the exact opposite happened, lol. I'm not sure if it would've been best for my game since DJ likely would've won the next challenge and I'd probably finish in the same place, but it'd certainly be better for hers, and the way she was talking about how Coco was immune that TC b/c of her idol lead me to believe she didn't actually have the items I thought she had after all, but I guess she did? I'm just completely puzzled.

As for everypony else, I don't feel Pear has a great case to make for himself outside of immunity wins. Granny's played a pretty good game but it might be tough to contest against Coco's, since even she's aware she mostly played in Coco's shadows. I actually don't really see a scenario Coco doesn't make F3? I wouldn't be surprised if Rarity throws Onitama to Coco or chooses her to tag along if she wins FIC given her behavior these past rounds, but Coco's pretty good at Onitama so she'd have a decent shot at beating anypony, which is unfortunate for Granny.

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 04:20:36 pm »
I would vote pear in a coco-pear-rarity tc

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 08:11:49 pm »
I hope rarity picks coco that would be hilarious lmao

SENT USING PONYPHONE

DJ Pon-3

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 10:59:31 pm »
It would be a fitting capstone for the game she played

Derpy Hooves

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 04:30:29 pm »
how lame

SENT USING PONYPHONE

Queen Chrysalis

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 05:13:40 pm »
I mean, did we really actually expect her to choose anypony else? It was always going to be Pear.

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 06:13:10 pm »
Quote from: Soarin
Granny's played a pretty good game but it might be tough to contest against Coco's, since even she's aware she mostly played in Coco's shadows. I actually don't really see a scenario Coco doesn't make F3? I wouldn't be surprised if Rarity throws Onitama to Coco or chooses her to tag along if she wins FIC given her behavior these past rounds, but Coco's pretty good at Onitama so she'd have a decent shot at beating anypony, which is unfortunate for Granny.

Basically mah life story this game. :'(

Starlight Glimmer

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2019, 06:27:17 pm »
See idk if I'd see it like that, I personally felt more like Coco was playing in Granny's shadows

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2019, 06:33:49 pm »
Yesss that is how I wish the world would see it too. I jus' had her doin' the grunt work while I sat back and chatted with ponies 'bout cinnamon buns and Spy Ponies.

But yeah I was convinced that I needed to take Coco out if I wanted to win the game.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2019, 06:38:40 pm »
From my experience Coco was pushing the boots she wanted (like Derpy & Chrysalis) much harder than Granny was. She was feeding me a lot more information than Granny was too. I wouldn't be surprised if she had tidbits from every pony to pull up whenever convenient, or was otherwise a good enough liar to pull it off. For me, Granny was clearly playing in Coco's shadows. It's nothing against Granny either b/c outside of Pear/Rarity I was pretty much playing in everypony else's shadows, and it's usually the ponies that are playing out in the sun that get booted out down the road, but that didn't happen this game.