Author Topic: Episode 19: Grandma Got Run Over By A Whole Bunch Of Animals  (Read 2060 times)

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
I hate it when CC is right  >:(

Fluttershy

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 19
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:49:54 pm »
Soarin  :'(

You're a wonderful person and you played an amazing game. I hope this doesn't discourage you from playing again. Maybe we'll be allies again in another world!

<3 <3 <3

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 05:58:20 pm »
Oh soarin.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 07:14:35 pm »
Coco basically dominated merge, especially after securing two idols.

That's not exactly a bad thing, but it does mean everypony else has played, at best, rather middle of the road. Granny at least realized that Coco needed to go, and probably would have pushed for Coco to be voted out if not for that last bit of immunity. And, well, Rarity got all the items, then let them rot.

Soarin did kind of take a few things personally, especially the in depth examination of Fluttershy being voted out. That probably hurt him at merge more than it should have, and made it really hard for him to join with Rainbow and Rarity.
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 06:38:52 am »
That's a shame but not a surprise.. :( rest in pony Soarin. You were one of my favourite confessionals to secretly lurk.

In other news Rarity's torchwalks are iiinteresting
Reading between the lines I'm concerned she's playing too much into the negative image she's concerned about having. I hope she can turn that frown upside down for FTC if she makes it!

Still feel like Granny stands the second strongest chance behind Coco. That being said Coco has kicked so much butt I wonder if her not winning would feel weird. :P

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 06:45:14 am »
I hope the FTC shakes things up a little. I totally *feel* the Coco vs. Granny battle for who will sweep, but it just feels like such a shame to consider both Pear and Rarity write-offs.

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 09:25:30 am »

Fluttershy

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 12:26:15 pm »
when you assign characters do you go like "hmm I bet this character would work for this person" or like does everypony just pick characters that naturally work for them

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 03:00:03 pm »
I think people should get whatever they pick pesonally

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 03:29:04 pm »
I don't think anypony except for the mods know who any of the characters are though.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 05:49:45 pm »
Going by my avatar rankings, the best eliminations for dead quality are Rarity > Granny > Coco > Pear

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 05:52:00 pm »
I think people should get whatever they pick pesonally
I assume she means when you have competing choices.

And presumably you had a way of choosing Thorax for me.
(Which now having seen all of his episodes (I think), feels like it was deliberate)

Twilight Sparkle

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 06:03:03 pm »
Going by my avatar rankings, the best eliminations for dead quality are Rarity > Granny > Coco > Pear
You guys will post the three FTC players' eliminated avatars here, right?
:sparkles:

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 06:29:37 pm »
Oh ya I forgot to ask, if you win who'll you take?
I haven' decided yet. If I decided to keep mah immunity, probably Rarity?
holy shit Grammy is considering throwing off the necklace to kill Coco herself if she has to

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 08:01:58 pm »
good

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 08:45:04 pm »
Reading through these torchwalks and I'm realising how little people actually told pear, like if his opinions of why things were happening were more the case, I think he'd actually have a shot of winning. So if he can word those correctly, and somehow avoid the reason behind him being targeted by DJ & Soarin was Rarity (that's going to be the sticker, the lack of him helping the alternate vote at all, it might work pre-merge to allow yourself to be considered the "easy-vote", but it's not something you want actually happening post-merge, as it shows your alliance is with you only because they think you're an easy beat at the end.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 12:04:42 am »
And presumably you had a way of choosing Thorax for me.
(Which now having seen all of his episodes (I think), feels like it was deliberate)
somepony who dropped out really early chose Thorax and since we already had the avatars done anyways.. besides I personally thought it suited you. ;)

You guys will post the three FTC players' eliminated avatars here, right?

Of course!

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 07:54:31 pm »
Wow, Granny Smith almost had it; she had a full six minutes upon hearing she didn't complete the word find that still would have won it for her.

Will Rarity actually take Coco? I think it's a bad move, but she's talked about doing it already and I can also see doing it as a "fuck you" to Soarin.

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 07:59:47 pm »
Mmm love me a good spite move.

I just read Coco's torchwalks and now I love her too. Yikes she's dangerous :o

edit: Done with all the torchwalks now and Granny Smith remains my fav tho tbh<3

edit again: ugghh Granny begging Rarity to let her 1v1 Coco is so spicy. If Rarity does take Coco and it's just Pear vs. Granny in the elimination I'd feel sad.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 01:30:39 am »
If I trust the word of Rarity answering the princess's questions in the lead up, it's likely it does end up being Granny vs Pear, which will just be a sad end.

I'm now wondering if that happens if Granny throws the firemaking to Pear so she doesn't have to go through the FTC and end up defeated. (I doubt it, but it's a possibility I'm reading in her post)

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 03:48:59 am »
When one of the competitors is literally begging you to take somepony else so she can fight Coco that's like..... lol
I'm now wondering if that happens if Granny throws the firemaking to Pear so she doesn't have to go through the FTC and end up defeated. (I doubt it, but it's a possibility I'm reading in her post)
I don't think I would, but I would be so fucking tempted if I was in Granny's position and that happened

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 06:05:35 am »
I hope Rarity does take Coco tbh. It would be funny, and Coco losing Onitama would be the least satisfying ending for this game.

Also, how did Soarin get so convinced that Pear would have voted for Coco?

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 06:57:53 am »
Watching Granny and Coco FTC it out would be faarr more entertaining but I am concerned about what will happen to Granny's urge to win if she is dragged there.

It's a good pickup by Thorax; she gives off the feeling like she really believes this is her chance. And unfortunately being forced to go up against Pear for a spot in the FTC wouldn't be much of a Big Move.

It might be interesting to see how Pear would go if he beat Granny in that challenge. Gut tells me it wouldn't be particularly meaningful overall. Maybe I'm just wondering if I've underestimated Pear in general.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 08:11:14 am »
Will Rarity actually take Coco? I think it's a bad move, but she's talked about doing it already and I can also see doing it as a "fuck you" to Soarin.
That'd be true to form.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2019, 08:14:44 am »
the possibilities

Rarity takes Pear
- This opens the door for Granny to defeat Coco, which is just the move she needs to cap her game and cement the win
- Coco bumps out Granny and wins unanimously
^ Basically an Onitama match to see who wins the game

Rarity takes Granny
- Pear defeats Coco, cements "challenge beast" status, Granny likely wins but not a total slam dunk
- Coco defeats Pear and has an even stronger case to win

Rarity takes Coco
- Pear knocks out Granny but still doesn't have quite the case to win
- Granny knocks out Pear, not a big boost, but can steal some votes possibly

Rarity gives the necklace away and challenges somepony
- This is the kind of desperate act Rarity kind of needs to pull to have any sort of shot here

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2019, 02:30:40 pm »
"Pear thinks he would make a good pick, Coco wants me to pick her so one of us wins, Granny said DO NOT PICK ME MAKE ME FIGHT COCO"
TBH It's too bad Grand Pear vs Granny Smith would be the worst choice b/c we could probably find the best art for it

Twilight Sparkle

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2019, 03:29:29 pm »
Is firemaking a live challenge?
:sparkles:

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 03:39:01 pm »
Yes it is

Aquaburst

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 04:05:40 pm »
Looks like we get our Coco vs. Granny duel!

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 05:07:44 pm »
Coco is so gosh darn nice