Author Topic: Episode 19 [Posting From The Dead]  (Read 1101 times)

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Episode 19 [Posting From The Dead]
« on: May 17, 2019, 05:04:52 pm »
My jury avatar's pretty sweet. Can't wait to reconnect with everypony back on Ponyrosa.  ;D
We're sooooarin', flyyyyyin', there's not a staar in heeeeaven that weee can't reach~

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 19 [Posting From The Dead]
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:06:27 pm »
I'm sorry to see you go! Watching you was a blast.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 05:30:28 pm »
Aw, thank you! Not sure if/when I'd play again but the positive feedback certainly helps. :)
We're sooooarin', flyyyyyin', there's not a staar in heeeeaven that weee can't reach~

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 06:54:45 pm »
You played an excellent game, and you should definitely be proud of making it as far as you did. There really wasn't much you could do with Coco winning immunity, but you tried to figure something out, and that counts for something.

Your confessional was also an excellent read.
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 07:14:19 pm »
Thanks ;D. I feel I played an alright game overall. Like had Coco not won immunity and we'd taken her out I felt I would've gotten the bulk of the credit for that move, but if Granny won a spot in FTC I'd have a tough time against her so it'd still take a specific set of circumstances for me to win. I'm reading through the jury forum and I'm almost baffled I made it this far? Like it sounded like everypony had all these crazy inroads meanwhile I was stuck with basically the Fillymares and Golden Oak Strikesquad and Derpy on the side. And it sounded like a lot of ponies had the intention of getting me out early but it just fell flat for one reason or another. I probably wouldn't have given myself enough credit for the Pinkie boot, and looking back I wish I played like that more consistently. And the way it played out gave a lot of ponies the impression that I was sticking up for Derpy that TC, but I was more pissed about the fact that Pinkie was lying about the circumstances surrounding Flim targeting Derpy (which I realized was more Starlight's fault), and that somehow stopped Derpy from going after me and we became really good allies afterwards? It's just so bizarre how that all unfolded.

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 12:08:05 pm »
You really should play again, babe.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 06:51:16 am »
I might take a break depending on how soon the next Survivor game. B/c the thing is while it can be fun sometimes it's such a huge time sink. I found it hard to detach myself from the game w/o getting anxious, and the deadlines are just so tight sometimes. It's usually hard for me to keep up a good social game, and there's countless days I didn't feel like messaging anypony at all but then there's a tribal the next day so I just force myself to. But I feel there's a part of me that'd always keep trying until I win, and I was just so close to tasting the finish line. If Coco hadn't won immunity and Granny lost fire then I had a great shot at winning against Rarity and Pear. After losing Fluttershy early (and potentially Buried since he was allied with Flim) and Flim being idoled, not doing anything to save Derpy, voting out Chrysalis over Granny, not taking a shot at Coco earlier... it's wild I was still this close from potentially winning. If luck's more on my side next time and I'm more proactive about pushing my reads and creating side-bonds I'll have a good shot at going deep again. If I won this game I'd probably be content not playing for a while, but yeah now that's there's still that goal post looming in the air I'm bound to do one of these again someday.

And just for funsies... I'm going to try my hand at the FIC challenge. :D

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:41 am »
BASALT
SERFDOM
SEAMEN
CHAOTIC
ORANGE

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 08:08:19 am »
I posted the previous post just as I was submitting the form so I guess I finished in just under an hour 10? Word scrambles are the bane of my existence. The quiz was easy although for some reason I thought Pear might've gotten more votes so I had to double check (lol).

Also this question is BS. After the format you used before I thought New X was New X X = [the rest of the equation]. I had to go all the way across the maze because I missed that. And it's stupid b/c no equation in the world is ever set up like that anyways. It was needlessly confusing imo.

I'd be very surprised if I had the best time there. I mean if Coco wins I guess I'll take solace in the fact I wouldn't have won anyways even if I successfully booted Granny. Maybe I could've pitched myself as playing a mostly loyal game that's not as big of a snake? I don't know.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 09:58:51 pm »
Lol, I would've came dead last. Rarity is the last pony who needed that win. If she does choose Coco at least I'd take solace in the fact I never had a chance even if Granny is lynched. But that would be borderline gamethrowing and I'd actually be fairly pissed.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 07:19:00 pm »
Yeah this F3 is very straightforward. Jeez is Coco good at Onitama. I definitely wouldn't have bean her there, so yeah even if Granny was booted I would've just been bumped up one place, so it's no big deal. I was hoping you guys would do it like Legendary did where each of the jurors got their own topic. Where am I going to put my jury speech now?

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 07:20:11 pm »
Fun fact that is actually one of the factors behind why I don't like that jury format!

I do have a ton of philosophical opinions behind the FTC formats which you probably aren't interested in but I can share them post-game if you want.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 07:26:47 pm »
What's so bad about jury speeches? :(

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 09:45:02 am »
Posting of private messages is allowed in speeches and the jury forum.
Ooh, this'll be fun! Boy do I have a lot of receipts up my sleeve.

Soarin

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 09:56:31 am »
I'm trying to think of the angle Pear will shoot for at FTC. He'll certainly bank on his challenge wins, that's for sure. He's probably going to talk about how his laid back "you can talk to me any time" attitude was to encourage ponies to talk to him so he could process all the info to make the best decisions moving forward. If that was his intention it didn't really work for me but maybe it could convince other ponies? I don't think he's played a terrible game but he doesn't have a shot against Coco. There's a chance Rarity could be self-aware and recognize that she messed up the past few TCs. But I'm sure she's going to put some bullshit revisionist spin on it and I'm not buying anything coming out of her mouth for one second. My biggest criticism of Coco is that she didn't play incredibly well to get to the end provided she needed an idol, an immunity win, and fire to make it to the end, but otherwise she's played so well I can't really justify not giving her my vote, especially against Pear/Rarity. Pear's the only pony who could really sort of surprise me, but the only way he gets my vote over Coco is if Coco severely undervalues her game or otherwise completely flunks her FTC.