Author Topic: Finale - Friendship is Tragic  (Read 1693 times)

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Finale - Friendship is Tragic
« on: May 16, 2019, 12:25:42 am »
FINAL 5

With Dash, Chrysalis and DJ now all gone, mah hitlist of threats is down to jus' one, perhaps the mighties' threat of 'em all.

COCO POMMEL

Thankfully before DJ went, she had this big rant 'bout how Coco is a massive threat to win the game, which I already knew, but it means that I'm not gonna have to work as hard to make ponies see it.

In fact, Soarin has already approached me, kinda as predicted (I knew Rarity was wrong!):

Quote from: Soarin
Yeah, we were thinking about voting for you. The reason I asked was that I was considering flipping to vote DJ out, but I changed my mind by deadline. As time went by it dawned on me that DJ was a big threat, but I was conflicted b/c she was my favorite pony left and I know if I couldn't make it to the end I wanted her to. We had so many fun conversations and had our share of ups and downs. Targeting you was essentially my alternative to voting out DJ, but deep down I knew it was unlikely both of us could make it to the end. What happened with the Pear vote was that me and DJ talked to Rarity and she wanted to vote out Pear so she told DJ she'd use her ring to vote him out by 4-3. She did end using her ring, but only to add an extra vote to DJ apparently. That was pretty weird, and unnecessary.

I was hoping to talk to you about this before deadline, but I understand you had work and all. I completely understand why you voted out DJ, and I don't fault you or anypony for doing that. I am bitter towards Rarity for leading me astray and needlessly blindsiding me yet again, using her ring anyways just for a tease, but she wrecked her own game with that play so I'm not awfully concerned. But if there's any upside to DJ leaving, it's that I can look at this game with a cleaner lens again. I feel both of us are at an even playing level. You're probably at a bit of an edge since you've been blindsided less often. But there's one pony here that's clearly outclassed us all, and that's Coco Pommel.

She's been the clear leader of our alliance, and it's not just b/c she was the founder. Whenever me/DJ and you/Coco had a disagreement she was always the one pushing her case the hardest, and we could tell. She formed solid connections with everypony and was consistently leaking info from all corners of the tribe. She took risks and was rewarded for them, whether it was revealing her idol all the way back in the Pinkie TC or taking a shot at one of her own. She's played a strong and consistent game that noone can outclass. DJ practically has her vote locked in for Coco, and we still have two boots 'till F3. If she makes it to FTC she will decimate everypony here, and with how often she's been practicing fire-making it's very likely she will if she makes F4. That's why I want to vote her out before she has a chance to make it there.

I understand if you don't feel the same way. I imagine you're probably as close with Coco as I was with DJ. She's been a great friend to me as well, and seeing her go would sting a little. But in my opinion the best shot for either of us to win would be take her out next TC, b/c if she scores a seat in F3 she wins the game, hands-down.

So that's convenient.

Mah guesss is that Rarity would probably vote Coco too, but I'm not as sure 'bout that.

I'm reminded of why I never got that close to Rarity. She's jus' very unreliable! She's nice and everythin' but quite a significant portion of her messagin' to me is exaggerated or untrue that it's jus' hard to tell when she's actually neighin' what she means. Mah guess is that she actually might wanna go to the end with me but how do I tell?

It's difficult to know whether Pear is entirely in Coco's pocket or not, but the safest assumption is that he probably is. If Coco doesn' win immunity I'll probably do mah best to turn him against her but I don' know if he'll be keen.

I think I have a decent chance of winnin' here, but I jus' need to make sure that Coco doesn' win immunity.

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
Re: Finale - Friendship is Tragic
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 12:26:54 am »
I think I have a decent chance of winnin'

Hah! Who am I foalin'?

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:55:54 am »
It kinda sucks that I've gotten this far 'cause I'm feelin' that desperate desire to win and if it doesn' work out I'm gonna be jus' a lil' bit crushed.

'Specially if I have to go through FTC only to not win.

That would be TOO MUCH.

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 04:42:10 am »
UGH I SEE A POTENTIAL PATH TO VICTORY HERE AND I JUS' NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 09:34:27 pm »
That was very unfortunate

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 03:14:01 am »
SOOOO

I really really wanted to vote Coco

Why did she have to beat me in the challenge!

AAAARRGGGHAAHGHRARGHGARGHAARGHHRAGHARGH

Maybe I wouldn' even have been able to get Rarity to vote for her, but A GIRL CAN DREAM

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 03:31:05 am »
So now I kinda wanna vote Pear, 'cause that would set up an okay Final 4 for me.

If I won immunity, I pick Rarity and Soarin hopefully beats Coco in Onitama 'cause apparently he's beast.

Rarity wins immunity, she probably picks me? Soarin hopefully beats Coco in Onitama 'cause apparently he's beast.

Soarin wins immunity, he picks me or Rarity, I probably ask him to pick Rarity so that it's me vs. Coco in Onitama.

Coco wins immunity... I DON' WANNA THINK 'BOUT IT

--

But if I vote Soarin out, then that's somepony who can probably beat Coco in Onitama.... GONE!

And it would jus' be another good move for Coco to add to all of her other good moves.

I thought that Rarity might wanna vote Pear 'cause she was pushin' for him so hard last time but apparently she's votin' for Soarin now what? I'm takin' a risk by actually tellin' Rarity that I wanna vote Pear but I'm desperate now 'cause I don' wanna be against Coco at the end.

I love Coco, but everypony loves Coco.

And in any situation other than this, that would be fine.

But it's Survivor.

I've lost enough Final Tribal Councils

I don' think I can lose another one

Maybe they're actually votin' me out tonight. Who can neigh?

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 03:11:08 pm »
Soarin is targetin' me, which makes sense for him I guess.

SO HE'S GOT TO GO

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 03:26:28 pm »
"Friendship is Tragic" is soooo good

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 04:31:49 pm »
Well it is!

'Specially here 'cause Coco has been such an amazin' friend in this game but I NEED HER OUT AARGHARGHARGHHAHAH

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 05:06:37 pm »
Oh dear I'm still in the game.

Well time to practice Onitama I guess!!!

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 06:52:05 pm »
Congratulations for making it past the voting phase! As you head into the last part of the game I just have a few questions left for you cutieponies.

1: Who are you hoping wins the Final Immunity Challenge if it isn't you? I assume you're rooting for yourself first obviously.
2: Who do you think would pick you to come to the Final 3 with them if they won?
3: Who do you hope loses the Fire-Making Challenge?

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 04:01:36 am »
1. So ya know, I'm not necessarily rootin' for mahself first. 'Cause I NEED a F3 of mahself, Rarity and Pear here. I need to make sure Coco doesn' make it through. Maybe I'll want to be the one to battle Coco in Onitama so that it's me or her that makes it through. But most of all, it's important that Coco doesn' win immunity.

2. It's possible Rarity would pick me, I don' know, but I've been practicin'!!

Onitama
[close]

3. I'm sorry Coco :(

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 06:22:48 am »
Jus’ as a heads up, I may not be able to have mah torchwalk done by the time FIC starts. I definitely will have it all done by the time the F4 round is over though, if that’s okay. Apologies.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 11:30:51 am »
It's okay, I understand when you get to your age it's hard to get around as much as the young ponies

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 11:31:48 am »
Oh ya I forgot to ask, if you win who'll you take?

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 03:19:53 pm »
Oh ya I forgot to ask, if you win who'll you take?
I haven' decided yet. If I decided to keep mah immunity, probably Rarity?

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 05:10:02 pm »
The challenge is posted, but please don't start it until your torchwalk is complete.

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 05:56:11 pm »
I'm finishin' mah torchwalk right now and then I'm gonna do the challenge!

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 11:11:43 pm »
I'M ASKIN' RARITY TO TAKE PEAR TO THE END

'CAUSE I'M NOT WILLIN' TO FIGHT AGAINST COCO

IT'S HER OR ME!!!!

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 07:07:04 pm »
Time for me to sleep!!!!

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 03:58:19 am »
How good is not bein' at FTC?

I'm kinda serious.

I've had to struggle through FTC in the last three survivor games I've played (two of 'em not on MS) and this is comparatively a breath of fresh air.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2019, 06:05:10 am »
Being at FTC certainly looks stressful, having to defend your game from everypony you eliminated.
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2019, 08:50:08 am »
I think Pear has lost mah vote probably.

Granny Smith

• Ponyrosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2019, 05:02:55 pm »
Yeah I jus’ find Pear’s answers kinda dismissive