Author Topic: Episode 15: The Avatar of Gold at the End of the Rainbow  (Read 4608 times)

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 15
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2019, 06:23:31 pm »
To answer your question, Derpy and Rainbow discovered Onitama has a chat program
So the players are allowed to use the live chat to communicate, I guess was the novelty to me.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2019, 06:37:51 pm »
whos gonna boot

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2019, 06:57:22 pm »
That result really surprised me. I'd mark anypony down for a 50 word sentence! Surprised djs advantage didn't advance him further, him chrys and coco aced this, I thought.

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2019, 07:01:04 pm »
Yeah, DJ was my personal pick.

For the record, Kathryn's ratings went  from favorite to least favorite: Cosmic Wonder, Karla Maxine, Honeysuckle, Princess Heart, Vanilla Daydream, Faded Sparkle, Buntail, Snapplebapple

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 07:10:36 pm »
It did get him second place as opposed to not even close.

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 07:39:29 pm »

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2019, 04:30:22 am »
Rainbow Dash is preparing a split vote that hinges on a fairly close tie between the sides.

Rarity, meanwhile, doesn't have a vote this TC.

This should get interesting.
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2019, 05:00:43 am »
I typed up a post here a few times but threw it out without posting, about how even though Rarity missed the best opportunity to activate the ring (Starlight vote), this was a good moment because it was an even number and it's a strong advantage, and as long as everypony assumes she has a vote and doesn't want to vote into a tie, it's no loss.  Glad I didn't post that and you all didn't see that I might have had a wrong opinion.

Fluttershy

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2019, 06:30:30 am »
I said pinkie was playing well like a round before she exploded and died so  ::) spectating is hard

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2019, 07:03:49 am »
The swing on this vote will potentially come from Coco & Chrysalis. I guess if Coco does swing she might take Granny with her though.

Should be rainbow & pear voting Soarin (although they might do DJ because of derpy's assumption of soarin knowing who has an idol being DJ) and as we already have seen DJ & Soarin voting rainbow, that side isn't going to change.

Rarity's figurative vote is also against Soarin/dj

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2019, 07:05:04 am »
But I assume Rarity has activated the ring now because she believes she'll be losing her second vote (rainbow) this round.

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2019, 07:25:05 am »
I kinda also assumed it was a way for her to nope out of any responsibility re: voting rainbow out?

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2019, 12:21:54 pm »
aaaand with DJ playing her first challenge advantage I no longer have motivation to vote her out soon! If you played that early on purpose then that was a really smart play DJ, those items made you a much bigger threat. I didn't want to vote you out just yet <3

Recalculating . . .
Nice move by DJ, who basically said that was why they were playing the advantage.

Looks like the movement against DJ/Soarin would need Rarity's vote just to get to 4-4... Looking like a Dash boot is likely.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2019, 12:26:19 pm »
If Coco wanted her gone she'd be gone, if Coco is pulling out then DJ should rock on a little longer :bless:
It might be delaying the inevitable though

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2019, 01:33:03 pm »
Dash getting the boot at this stage of the game was expected but was kinda hoping they'd manipulate their way to the end.

If Dash didn't get Soarin and DJ angry at them, would they have survived this round?

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2019, 01:35:34 pm »
It's hard to say, but its far more likely is an obvious thing to say here. Considering DJ realizing they want to make moves on Coco, if Rainbow had been legit I think they would have tried to go to Rainbow/Rarity about doing things instead of what's happening now. tl;dr lying to DJ/Soarin about roping them into a big move was a huge mistake.

Flim and Flam

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2019, 01:38:46 pm »
Especially since they figured out Queen still has the item to make Coco powerless, they know they have the power to make a big move.
It also doesn't help Rarity is giving away the vote, but it's such bad timing for Rainbow it almost has to be intentional on Rarity's part.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2019, 01:49:17 pm »
It's hard to say, but its far more likely is an obvious thing to say here. Considering DJ realizing they want to make moves on Coco, if Rainbow had been legit I think they would have tried to go to Rainbow/Rarity about doing things instead of what's happening now. tl;dr lying to DJ/Soarin about roping them into a big move was a huge mistake.
They were even talking about working with Rainbow here on this vote, and then found out Rainbow was plotting against them.

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2019, 02:10:09 pm »
And apparently rainbow has been freezing chrys out of the vote splitting plan too? I don't get this round .