Author Topic: Episode 11: The Sting  (Read 4284 times)

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
Episode 11: The Sting
« on: April 27, 2019, 05:42:42 pm »
It took forever, but we're finally at the merge!  Anything can happen in Survivor!

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 11
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 05:44:19 pm »
<-- hype

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 05:51:41 pm »
Starlight using the legacy advantage to save Derpy and some other big name getting blindsided.

Or it'll be a straight forward Flim and Flam elimination.

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 06:09:29 pm »
Merge idol is hidden.

We also hid a hint for the V idol in the Mod Contact thread.

Twilight Sparkle

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 06:21:34 pm »
Merge at 12? Huh.
:sparkles:

Fluttershy

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 06:31:09 pm »
Controversial opinion, but I love it when the first merge boot is a pre-juror. I think it adds to the game.

I assume that's what's happening here and not some weird tiebreaker being in place.

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 06:33:38 pm »
That is indeed correct.  We didn't want to merge at 13 because we wanted three TCs in the last phase, but four TCs in a five-person-tribe phase is obviously unfeasible so 11 was out too.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 06:44:09 pm »
The jury doesn't start until the next elimination, so the last boot here will be joining us in specland.

Buried Lede

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 07:40:09 pm »
Give critiques please.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 08:16:08 pm »
not enough pictures of Spiderpony

Buried Lede

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 08:25:29 pm »
That contradicts what you said on Discord.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 09:21:55 pm »
everypony assuming the font choices are deliberate is a new idol clue is fun, but I don't think anypony will end up solving the v line

Buried Lede

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 09:57:36 pm »
I lined it up multiple times but didn't look closely enough :( I looked at words instead of letters.

Buried Lede

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 11:10:56 pm »
Holy shit, I thought Pear was just some inactive dude that trusted me. Never would've guessed he has a F3 with Dash and Rarity or how well-connected he is in general.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 11:26:00 pm »
Give critiques please.

You slowed down too much and couldn't match the friendship intensity that others were aiming for. Also your auction item somehow caused you to be targetted. You were an item that needed to be checked off to raise others' resumes. You were a social butterfly and you were too far away from your strongest alliances. I think in the fivesome of Rarity-Rainbow-Pear-Flim-Buried, it was clear that you were linked to Rarity/Rainbow more from the flutter vote and because you were linked to Flim and Pear you were the bonus fifth vote. If you had been closer with Rainbow strategically instead of only comically, you would've had a chance. Rainbow was a fickle player and was your downfall this game. Had you managed Rainbow better than Pear did, things could've been different. You were well liked amongst everypony, it seemed, but it didn't translate into the alliances you needed (except with Starlight or Flim).

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 05:45:32 am »
So there seems to be coco and followers and rainbow dash and followers? With derpy and starlight on the far outs.

Coco: granny, DJ, flim, soarin (by proxy)
Rd: rarity, grand, pinkie, queen

So everypony bands together to vote out one of the outcasts instead of making a big move and next tribal is huge?

Also coco getting the idol. :D

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 06:21:13 am »
Where was Coco finding that Idol when it could have saved me? :P

I see DJ has gone the direct approach with granny as well with thoughts as to what could have happened at that last tribal council. I wonder if it's in the same condescending tone I received on crystal.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 06:33:17 am »
Did coco just find rainbow dash's idol?

The idol that rainbow dash is being targeted by derpy for?

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 07:20:23 am »
I feel bad for Rainbow Dash. Won the idol clue, everypony found out and assumed she has it, and then somepony she's not even allied with gets it.

Though I guess Coco could have solved it without the clue.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 07:20:52 am »
Mods buried lede's confessional avatar is still in color and it's

rUiNiNg mY ImMeRsIoN

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 07:29:14 am »
So there seems to be coco and followers and rainbow dash and followers? With derpy and starlight on the far outs.

Coco: granny, DJ, flim, soarin (by proxy)
Rd: rarity, grand, pinkie, queen

So everypony bands together to vote out one of the outcasts instead of making a big move and next tribal is huge?

Also coco getting the idol. :D
I can see that happening, although the Granny/Coco pair are close to the Rainbow/Rarity pair.

Twilight Sparkle

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 07:32:19 am »
Mods buried lede's confessional avatar is still in color and it's

rUiNiNg mY ImMeRsIoN
aww I wanted to see how long until they'd notice
:sparkles:

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:07 am »
Buried, totally agree with Mrs that rainbow was kinda your downfall here, and underestimating grand pear. I don't blame you for that - his and Pinkie's continued success is both baffling and frustrating!

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 09:45:34 am »
Pinkie is much more frustrating since she seems to be actively refusing to tell the specs anything

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2019, 10:32:32 am »
I wonder if she knows that moderators can literally pick and choose who they want in their games in the future...?

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2019, 10:42:18 am »
She also didn't appreciate Filthy Rich's pun based questions. Which were simply amazing puns and questions.

Soarin is finding out about the Fluttershy vote, and it feels like one of the reasons Rainbow Dash teamed up with SAA was due to Flim and Flam. And guess who Soarin is pretty closely allied to? :(
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2019, 11:27:55 am »

Coco is currently winning the challenge.

Rarity's random choices means that she would have run into every other pony along the way (instead, she just takes out Pear)

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2019, 11:46:34 am »
Thanks Flurry! Pinkie was a lot more rootable when she was fighting to get back in. It seems like she's played a pretty solid game since then, but we can't see any of it.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 12:44:23 pm »
Well, we can see from other people she's in a number of trios.

Also never expected myself to lowkey be rooting for flimflam but here we are.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2019, 04:30:03 pm »
I'd just like to say that Flim and Flam changing their answer within the last hour of this challenge is incredibly annoying.

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 04:30:56 pm »
They also changed the winner, assuming nopony else modifies their answers.

Princess Cadance

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2019, 04:36:16 pm »
They also changed the winner, assuming nopony else modifies their answers.

Technically they didn't change the winner, they changed having a winner

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2019, 04:40:44 pm »
SPOILERS even though the specs can see literally every submission and can do the math themselves

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2019, 04:43:39 pm »
I only do pointless maths, who wins this doesn't matter.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2019, 04:44:13 pm »
I am impressed at how Rainbow Dash managed the challenge. Her network of alliances was incredibly helpful here.

Almost.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 04:50:40 pm »
Starlight's fake idol quote is actually kinda bad. If you're going to fake that it is limited, she should've done one later instead of one earlier. If Queen ever reveals that it's for merge or F8, then people may try to vote out Starlight at F9 so that it never gets used. Plus F8 is a weird number. Instead Starlight should've said F6. That way people intentionally target Starlight at F7 and then Starlight can actually use it. And F6 is a logical time to have a time limited idol. Either way, it's probably going to be used tonight anyway. Or, at least, it is in Starlight's best interests to probably use it now, unless she can finagle a good alliance here.

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2019, 07:50:24 pm »
I really like Soarin and want him to do well, but I keep feeling like he's outside a lot of alliances and is eventually going to push for the wrong pony to vote out at some point.

The story basically goes that she had lied about the points that she was going to spend for the auction by quite a bit, so we were going to TC even though a lot of us very specifically did not vote on items so that we wouldn't have to go.

I wonder if Rarity actually believes it was Fluttershy spending too much in the auction that caused them to go to TC, or if she knows it's a lie.

Because Rainbow spent all of her bits on the Idol Clue (which Coco eventually found anyway)

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2019, 09:19:23 pm »
I think Soarin's making a mistake in focusing so much on the Fluttershy boot. Even QC has gotten over it by now, and I don't think interrogating Everfree is a good look, especially when he doesn't have many connections.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2019, 02:45:04 am »
I would boot rainbow and rarity from his perspective too tbh, i just wouldn't tell them about it

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2019, 05:23:53 am »
Agreed

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2019, 07:51:18 am »
I think Soarin's making a mistake in focusing so much on the Fluttershy boot. Even QC has gotten over it by now, and I don't think interrogating Everfree is a good look, especially when he doesn't have many connections.
yeah this is my feeling as well.  I think RD and Rarity are actually pretty connected right now, and it's probably better to cozy up to them a bit for at least the first merge boot or so, which I think Soarin could successfully do.  Then with his DJ/Coco stuff on the other side he'd be covered until while everypony tries to figure out which way this thing is gonna go

Fluttershy

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2019, 08:01:20 am »
Soarin noooooo you gotta play nice  :(

I really hope this isn't what causes his downfall. Even though I would love to see him get revenge

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2019, 08:26:56 am »

Yeah, joining up with them, for at least a little while, would be a smart move.

Though it seems a few ponies are starting to throw out Rarity as an option, which might work, except for the fact that Rainbow is connected to everypony in the game. This vote is still completely up in the air, and I expect it will be one of those that happens within the last few hours.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2019, 09:00:10 am »
now caught up. So weird that Flim and Starlight have kissed and made up.  After all that time on the same tribe and never bonding and in fact one even throwing to try to vote the other out!  I wonder if they can get Rarity or, now it looks like, Pinkie out.  I guess?  RD/Rarity might be more on the back foot than I thought, or maybe just the people writing in their confessionals atm aren't the ones connected to them

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2019, 09:24:12 am »
Hey this game is lit

Funny how rarity is getting her name thrown around instead of rdash who you think would he the dominant one of that pair.

Discord

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2019, 09:46:52 am »
There’s no heat on ANY of the people I’ve been pegging as winner contenders right now, but I expect that to change in a couple rounds. A lot of this looks like the B-tier players going after each other and failing to see the big picture.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2019, 11:23:04 am »
I can't see pinkie getting out of this. Time zones have created a target this early and the people who could shift off pinkie are not on. Dash and rarity could still rebound with losing pinkie.

Their best bet is to further the flim, derpy, starlight paranoia but I think it magically resolved when flim went against pinkie. And it's a smart move for flim because it's taking out a dash disciple which could also free up queen for the taking with film's new alliance.

Also granny with the clutch analysis.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2019, 11:28:09 am »
I don't know, I think Flim felt like they were on the bottom of our last tribe and wants revenge

Atm it's like like it's Derpy v Flim v Pinkie, I think we should turn this into Flim v Pinkie and target Flim
Derpy and Starlight are so lost at sea right now.  The two most disconnected players in the game whose one hope is that they can attach themselves to a bigger alliance is having trouble diverting their sights from Flim Flam, who's a key part of the alliance they have the option of joining

Like people said about the pre-merge, throwing and voting somepony out might seem like a forward looking move, but when it's just narrowing down your small list of potential allies even further, it's actually very short-term thinking.  This is further short-term thinking if they're trying to settle a feud instead of hop on board something and then get talking with the other parties of the bus they're boarding.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2019, 11:54:06 am »
"So I'm pretty sure that Pinkie is deliberately looking to create a fight between Derpy and FlimFlam. She's misrepping both of them as strongly wanting the other out when in fact it seems to me like both pushes were actually her idea."

lmao what they totally hate each other and were going after each other, this is why people are voting her?

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2019, 01:08:30 pm »
Today DJ is teaching me the dictionary DX

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2019, 01:10:45 pm »
Dude it feels so good watching pinkie get misrepped and screwed like this when she was rude to the specs

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2019, 02:49:08 pm »
I did not see this pinkie wagon forming, but I like it.

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2019, 03:04:24 pm »
I thought the pinkie v flimflam vote would have been happening on everfree, but I guess the first merge vote works for it.
Live Tribal though. How am I meant to now go deal with other things m

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2019, 03:09:21 pm »
Quote from: Rainbow
Oh my god this tribal

I just sent this message to DJ

"This round is so ridiculously stressful and I'm not even a target. I still have no idea which way to vote on it."

I'D TOLD DJ I WAS IN A TIGHT ALLIANCE WITH FLIMFLAM I LOST TRACK OF WHO I'D TOLD WHAT

HOW THE HELL DO I JUSTIFY NOT KNOWING WHICH WAY TO VOTE WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT ONE OF THE OPTIONS WAS MY CLOSEST ALLY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ahahahahahahahahahaha

Princess Cadance

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2019, 03:10:46 pm »
Lying is bad kiddos

Suri Polomare

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2019, 03:20:25 pm »
what is rainbiw doing?

also, i'm sad that pinkie made a lovely confesh and then...whatever the fuck this tribal was happened

Iron Will

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2019, 03:24:51 pm »
Lying is bad kiddos
Possible counterpoint?

i tol starlite i votin for her still to troll her an she tellin everypony dat i trying to regroop all ponies against her.
dj an soarin officially think starlite is crazy xD

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2019, 03:27:13 pm »
lying isn't always bad in this game, princess.

lol at flimflam's entire game. the actual madman exploiting poor starlight like that.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2019, 03:28:50 pm »
dude soarin's confessional HAHAHAHA

the new advanced strategy of: lie to a paranoid person to get them to blow up their whole game and make their allies distrust them.

That's GOLDEN