Author Topic: Episode 6: Must be Ausvivor  (Read 1238 times)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Episode 6: Must be Ausvivor
« on: April 12, 2019, 03:55:42 pm »
Insert how [returnee's name] is the best/worst thing to have just happened.

Also panic about the perceived tribe swap and me not being here.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6: Must be Ausvivor
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 10:02:06 pm »
I guess pinkie ended up on the other tribe, probably a good thing.
No chance to send as many messages as I'd like though

And because I need to try it because of new swap https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 12:08:14 am »
I finished today's stuff earlier than expected.

But there's still nopony online when I'm able to get to the computer, so it doesn't really help.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 12:11:11 am »
Wait it's 3am EDT, that's kind of expected.

Guess in my mind I was still converting acdt to est when I thought about this yesterday and what time I thought I'd be getting home

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 01:35:03 am »
I think I was right about ranking DJ Pon-3 as the second worse in Fillydelphia, the way he greeted me on us being in the same tribe again did not impress.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 01:36:55 am »
Soarin on the other hand greeted me like a friendship could have existed between us.

I can't rank my own replies to them, but these opinions I have of this tribe regarding previous ponies I've talked to looks correct.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 01:38:23 am »
Coco Pummel and Granny Smith are going to stay as my biggest allies for this tribe, at least for the time being, but that's unsurprising, even if I had been around during the day today after the swap I'd be considering that.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 01:43:50 am »
As for the new ponies I'm meeting for the first time (study group and matchups don't count, even if I've mentioned those)

Derpy has the chance of getting interesting conversation from his opener
Starlight I'm completely unsure of, she looks fun for now, but I know she's going to be somepony I will need to watch out for.
Sunburst should be a good pony to be able to connect with, most interesting opener, I'm now learning about the Thorax (in humans, although my name is based on the Thorax part of insects that holds the legs and wings).
Applejack made me have to send the opener. I don't know anything about her yet.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 01:57:43 am »
Can't go all in on tribal immunity, it's not worth enough when I have good allies on the other tribe.

Not going to take a gander at anything important because of the whole knowing who won the items you bid on thing.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 05:04:03 am »
I can't tell if Coco and Granny are actually allies from the group conversation I made, or if they were both just trying to hang tight to me.
If it's the latter, I'm confused, I'm not that big a threat socially.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 05:19:10 am »
It might be though, Granny brought up the challenge to me in our private conversation. Where I decided to tell her what I had bid on.

Anypony else and I'm 100% tribe immunity.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 02:43:38 pm »
I think this tribe going to tribal will end up voting Applejack.
Or at least that's where I think the votes might be easiest to build up a majority on based around what I've heard from the sweet Apple ponies. (Including Lede's impression of her)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 04:25:17 pm »
Also sunburst is a possibility I guess. I can't really trust a "I'm lax on sending things" mentality when that's literally all I've seen.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 09:17:47 pm »
now that there's a new idol clue out, I guess I need to look at stuff again, even if I don't have the clue.
Let's take a look at https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid= again just in case.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 09:20:50 pm »
I'm also slightly annoyed by Derpy Hooves continually saying sent by ponyphone on the end of all their messages. Like I'm going to actually care if you're stuck on your phone the whole game.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 12:52:19 am »
Quote from: DJ Pon-3
Shame, but short of a crystal mirror,little can be verified
Hmm, did he put 5 bits on that?
I'll put a reference in about gummy in return.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 02:35:52 am »
My reference was terrible, I couldn't find a good reason to put it there, so I used it as a pun.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 02:41:16 am »
Also note to self, if I want to connect with Applejack I'm probably going to have to lead the conversation and start asking questions. That's not something I do though

She has picked up on what I've said, and if I find the right level of truth I'm willing to tell I can probably become invested in it, but I'd rather it not all become about me.

The simple rule of if you ask a question, and it gets answered, answer your own question in reply as well if the answer you receive doesn't give a good conversation. This is especially the case of you're asking about how a day went.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 03:28:11 am »
It's probably actually just a case of me deciding to be vague about something, it just attracts the 'oh tell me more information' question. Which is then horrible to respond to because I don't want to go into detail, it's why I left it vague to begin with.
Withholding information about real life is just part of the act, you need to earn the trust to receive it.

On the flip side not answering the question just looks bad. and again why I never put somepony into that position.

If I'm vague it means this subject doesn't actually interest me as I topic to talk about, please try again.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 03:37:05 am »
I also feel like I've losing trust with granny smith because of the auction as well
Like it literally doesn't matter that DJ has Gummy. So why am I hiding it as stuff like (dj), where if she's on say her phone, she's not going to even notice that I did reveal it.
Maybe she did see and is respecting the other words where I typed that I wasn't going to do it just yet, as it's just not actually going to be relevant.
DJ doesn't know I know he has it yet, well unless he sees through my clever wordplay, and it's not like I'm going to be the only pony that knows DJ has it, it would have attracted other bids as well, a useful item that's of no use yet, why not.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 12:09:35 pm »
Hmm, no information about the upcoming challenge, I'm therefore assuming it will either be a double tribal council, to ensure the alicorn amulet etc are used before merge, or it's one that you're going to take the average of everypony in the tribe.
Either way I suspect the new Idol clue that was given in the auction is pointing towards something in the upcoming challenge. I'm therefore sad that I won't be able to do said challenge asap.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2019, 01:04:42 pm »
Doesn't stop me from thinking that the Idol clue could lead to something in the challenge.
I don't even know rainbow dash though, so it's not like I'm going to receive any information on it

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 01:26:49 pm »
As expected my poorly inserted gummy reference just confused DJ.
But I have no reason to want to blackmail him, so for now I'll just blame my phone.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 02:26:42 pm »
No okay he noticed.

Challenge is still going to potentially have an idol hidden in it though.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 05:56:36 pm »
I thought I was going to be making a new thread now. All this content that would have to have been skipped in the edit to fit the returnee, a swap and a tie vote in the same episode, pretty sure I was therefore right in making it a new episode.

Can I use the mirror to look at the tribal council that just happened over there, or do I need to wait until it's over?

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 05:57:23 pm »
I'm hoping it was a lost vote thing rather than buried lede having to use his double vote though, but that's why I'll be looking.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 06:17:21 pm »
That's an amazing question but you'll have to wait until it's over. ;)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »
Makes sense to me that it would only work once somepony is voted out.

That means my input at their tribal would only exist if somepony asked for it via dragon scroll, and I don't think anypony would do that.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 08:15:19 pm »
The choice between choosing who to send messages to while you have a lunch break and only have time to maybe send 1 message is meant to end in no messages sent right?
I'm having trouble deciding who is most worthy of this limited message time, and appear to end up just avoiding the decision.
Probably because there's nothing of importance currently happening, so choosing whatever the random conversation is that happening in that message at the time doesn't work.
Probably only now have time to reply to Applejack, but that's still like the worst conversation to get creative with.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 08:19:28 pm »
The answer of course is to just hide in your confessional and deal with it later, I'm not a current likely vote of we suddenly went to tribal, I therefore don't care about delaying the first message by 4 hours.
If I knew when anypony would be online again first, well then maybe that pony would be worth the effort of sending the message to.

Definitely won't get any sent out now. Thank you for being my time waster of choice confessional.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 08:41:19 pm »
Nice home you've got here in your confessional.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 12:30:16 am »
Break times just always seem smaller when I've got stuff I want to do in them, as well as eating food. I think that was the problem there, I didn't want to talk with my mouth full.

But work isn't going to be a problem from here playing this game, I suppose I might get a shift Wednesday, but after that it shuts down for Easter and Anzac Day.

Well now the computer is on I'd better go send everypony the messages they're waiting for, who cares that they're actually asleep rn.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 02:05:07 am »
hm, Derpy likes question, at least he probably does? anything with a question mark is a question, right?

okay I think I've just gone overboard with doing that, but it seemed to be the case. idk maybe because I was using him as an argument clinic.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 02:06:50 am »
Sunburst may not dislike me by not sending me messages, but it sure does make it hard to like him.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 03:52:28 pm »
As sort of expected, the biggest future threats on this tribe are Derpy and Starlight. This is potentially because of Trixie's words, or they're just the most social anyway.

I think DJ will also be a threat to my game, and be wanting to take me out at some stage, but for now my allies like him, and well I'm actually thinking that I can trust him as well.
Which is weird when he's sold me as a no-hope to his previous tribe. Maybe that's actually why.

Apple Dumpling

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 04:43:10 pm »
This is a good confessional. You're alright for a moose.