Author Topic: Episode 5: School's out  (Read 921 times)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Episode 5: School's out
« on: April 10, 2019, 05:49:53 pm »
https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=

Final Exams in the school of friendship, right.

New tribe happening after the returnee presumably, knew it was coming, which is going to put myself in the position of having a lot of work to do to keep myself in a good position, as assuming that's happening in 48 hours, I'll be missing for 9 hours before I'm able to talk to anypony. (it would just be rude to me using my phone during them to talk here, there's people I should be probably discussing stuff with in real life during those hours), 3 hours to send a message to everypony when I get home, and then another 5 hours after the challenge (assuming it starts straight away) where I'm stuck with the real life stuff again.
At least I suppose getting on at 1am edt on sunday will still have some ponies to talk to a bit faster. But in general not looking forward to this weekend.

Although I guess as a bonus, the school term here does actually end. Which would have been useful if I was doing any school.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 5: School's out
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:26:08 pm »
I don't know if you can tell, but I read the first story way too quickly and didn't absorb any of the details.
The later stories I allowed myself a better chance at remembering stuff as I then actually knew how it worked.

I don't think I want a dragon scroll anyway, so doing the challenge was always just for fun anyway. Well unless I somehow win with what were practically guesses for the first story, and a few others that I didn't recall. I believe I lost the answer to the final question because I didn't recall the answer to the first of round 6 as well.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 12:20:03 am »
So after encouraging Flam to throw out some smelly moldy bread by instilling that it could turn into a sentient monster, I've apparently decided that it's a good subject to use for experiments into the stickiness of food. (I can't actually remember what my theory is any more, but it must be good because I'm trying to milk it), so I've stolen it from their bin.
Once I've done with my experiments, I'm then going to give it to Buried Lede so he can use it to repel some birds he's fueding with.

I can't see the cycle continuing, but I just want to imagine the fueding birds is another player.

This would also make much more sense if I had a group conversation with them.

It would also be more fun if it had happened between more than two accounts.

Maybe I'll just let Flim and Flam know I'm been investigating their trash to "help" with their cousbandship. Complete the circle.

and then bring it up as a reference to somepony else.

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 01:12:52 am »
Answer my questions Thory :<

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:13:52 am »
I guess you posted in the old episode thread before I made this one, I guess I can therefore do that.
I'll get to it when I move back to the computer.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 04:22:11 am »
Although I know I'll have more to say in this thread soon and I could just bump episode 4's thread to answer the questions and nothing would end up changing, but they're going to belong here. I might just use that lock topic button I see on these ones in the future because next time you bring questions I probably won't have readied the new episode thread, it's hard to know words you might hear and say in advance. But with some luck maybe I'll stumble into it being said. Apples to Oranges was only 1 episode late in getting said!

Hello my sweet pony babies. I know you've all got so much to say so I, the magnificent and impeccable Princess Luna am gracing you with more glorious questions. No need to kiss my hoof in appreciation, the gesture is as always implied.

{5}  You're locked in a room with Beyonce for about an hour. What do you do?
{6}  Who is your favourite player that is not yourself, and why?
{7}  Pineapple on pizza. Thoughts?
{8}  Have you accomplished anything so far?
{9}  What are your thoughts on the Redemption players and the Redemption challenge?
{10} Who is the mole?

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 04:33:16 am »
{5} Try to talk to her probably, no idea what about because there's no way I can hold a conversation for about an hour. I guess she'd have to sing or something as entertainment. I'm assuming nothing besides the two of us are in this room. No idea why I would go into such a room.

{6} Buried Lede. That conversation is so random that I can't just help enjoying it so much. It takes a while to respond to him because I just keep bursting into laughter while trying to think of how I should actually be responding.

{7} Yes. Pineapple on everything.

{8} I did the fastest time on a jigsaw puzzle, that feels like an accomplishment when being second fastest on one has sent me home before. I've enjoyed my game, and yet to actually get on anypony's direct bad side that they're considering me as the first option to remove at a tribal council. To my memory, that only previously happened for this long in BotB, and even then I wasn't anypony's first option.

{9} Cheese Sandwich should have been there to come 7th. I can't give clear thoughts on that matter until tomorrow when there's only 3 left. I don't personally know four of them, and the two I have met I helped vote out, and I don't think they'd be appreciative of me, so I'd rather they didn't return.

{10} This question still belongs in the other game where the joke was made, yes MS wants a mole game to be designed, and it does not fit with survivor.
Although it might be my Imago.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 04:35:12 am »
I think I answered about my thoughts about the redemption challenge itself earlier in the thread. I'm sure you'd be able to remember that though.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 04:54:44 am »
Okay Coco's only just gone full alliance with me, I could have sworn I'd done that already.

What am I doing talking her up to everypony if that wasn't actually the case.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 05:10:15 am »
Also the returnee challenge says stuff about there being 6 stories, but there's only 3.
6 sets of questions, but each lot is based on a half story.
The challenge lied to me.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 04:33:26 pm »
Why did I decide to start mumbling in text, I know that's how I'm feeling about what I was typing and if I was speaking my thoughts it would have been a mumble, and I just typed my thoughts, but surely going to sleep instead of writing it last night does not give me a reason to mumble over the stuff now, I have time now, I can send out coherent messages, so why choose to mumble? I just don't understand myself sometimes

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 04:37:53 pm »
I think it's probably the stress of knowing a swap is coming soon. Not that you've said anything about a swap, but a swap is coming very soon.
And while I may have deliberately forgotten to reply to a text asking if I was available tomorrow for work yesterday by an hour so that I didn't get the shift (that had nothing to do with the game, I just didn't feel like dealing with the other consequences going to work today would have brought), I'm still out of action this weekend.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 04:44:16 pm »
and then half the other messages I've lied about some minor life experiences and I just don't even know where those are going. It's just the life I wish I had, instead of this boring old nothing life I have now.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 05:17:08 pm »
Reading Twixie's plea there makes me think the best choice to bring back into the game is going to be twiligh, because basically we did the same thing to Pinkie as Trixie's tribe did to her, except Pinkie never actually tried to convince us it was time to take out a threat.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 05:30:31 pm »
I am scared of the appeals being done by tribe even more. Are we actually going to stay in these tribes after this?
I know I'm complaining about a swap, but I also want one at the same time
1+1=1 etc

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 05:55:23 pm »
I have opinions here, but I'm not sure I want to be sharing them with the whole tribe.
I'll probably just end up talking about these ponies behind their back.

I don't like that Trixie went out for trying to take out an early threat, that's just not good planning with returnees being a thing that would happen.
I want to tell Pinkie that she was targeted long before that tribal, but it just doesn't feel safe when she's claiming to not want to plot revenge.
Twilight is resigned to trying to get votes from the other tribes. Is what Pinkie said true about her wanting revenge though? I know that I feel like I really backstabbed Twilight though, and all these choices just feel bad.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 06:05:34 pm »
24 hours to convince you that they should be the ones returning for a second chance
hmm...
we will reveal the lucky pony returning to the game
Okay maybe that's just me being critical of grammar.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 07:30:32 pm »
These questions and stuff make this current period feel like a FTC. I'm limiting myself on some thoughts because we're still playing the game though.

Regardless of who returns though, I think I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself that I'll be in the future willing to work with anypony that returns.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 07:50:34 pm »
oh great have we turned twilight into a gamebot? I do think she has the most to offer out of them though. Also the easiest to probably remove again if it's not working out.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 09:49:28 pm »
I now have reason to keep Flim and Flam around more, Flim is harder to understand than me!

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 10:08:03 pm »
I don't like this open format at all, because it's clear to me that I'm just going to end up telling all three that I am voting for them to return.
So as long as all the conversations don't open up afterwards, I might be fine, but the entire tribe here will be able to see what I'm doing.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 04:44:48 am »
I don't expect my vote to win out. I'll probably tell everypony I did vote Trixie, well except whoever returns, I voted for them. Yes.

I know I already cast my vote, and gave reasons there, but you need more here.

Trixie will be chaotic, I see this as a good thing, as it gives me someplace to hide. Even without doing two days of learning the new scouting method tomorrow and sunday and then working all day monday, Chaos will rule the day. Maybe even entertain the specators.
Twilight is new, and deserves a second chance, but I can't see it working in this scenario well, everypony is in position and I don't think Twilight would actually benefit from a second time coming in this game. If she survives to merge after returning, it's as somepony's goat, and that somepony would not be me. (also no negative campaigning is also a good thing)
Pinkie makes the most sense with her pleas for why she should come back, and it was a tribal council we'd rather have not attended, but with elsewhere in my confessional, I don't think I can actually trust her to the extent I'd like out of somepony I've voted out of the game. I expect her to return though, so I'm going to have to work on building up what trust might have been left there. If she's honest in how she replied to me, I already have more than I deserve.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 12:16:50 pm »
I don't think I like this whole two tribes uniting against carousel thing that's come through. How is that going to work out on having Flim voted out during a swap so I don't have to worry about it. Maybe I should try to bring back pinkie instead, or at least cast my vote there. As I don't think the integration of the game stays as tight with Trixie coming back. But probably some of sugar cube also see it as their way of surviving longer in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they're also sent a similar letter to carousel tbh.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 12:57:25 pm »
Grand Pear also apparently received a dragon scroll from Rarity saying the same thing as the one Coco posted. I think this means Trixie is returning anyway, I might as well keep my vote in the majority.
Everypony I've heard have interactions with starlight didn't actually like her, so I guess that is why all of this is happening. I'll still tell all ponies what I think they want to hear though