Author Topic: Episode 1: Apples to Oranges  (Read 2003 times)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Episode 1: Apples to Oranges
« on: March 31, 2019, 05:27:07 pm »
I think this swap is probably good news for me, as now it makes sense for me to have been slow starting to talk with others, I won't even need to try and force those conversations to continue.
If we also got the bottom 2 friendship rankings from each tribe, then that's presumably even better for making progress in the game and I totally had the strategy of not talking all that much worked out.

I will make it through here a new changeling.

No need to bother with any of the dragon scrolls either.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 1: Apples to Oranges
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 05:32:10 pm »
Tribal first up doesn't sound nice though.

Bang go my plans of getting off the computer.

new tribes probably therefore have nothing to do with the friendship list, but instead this challenge, well I guess at least that's something.
Well both really. Either way, I will need to leave the safety of the confessional and get into the inbox.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 05:33:51 pm »
I will silly telling Twilight that I didn't believe we would have a swap now though. I don't know why mods bother with having to go through all those permissions to spring early swaps on their players.

Princess Celestia

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 06:55:29 pm »
I don't know why mods bother with having to go through all those permissions to spring early swaps on their players.
I'm starting to wonder that myself.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 07:12:05 pm »
I feel like Shadoweh is playing with us by editing all these different posts.
Unless I've completely missed an idol.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 07:29:13 pm »
Quote from: Flim
I'm Flim ahaha I'm here with my husband Flam

I had no idea it was legal to marry your twin brother.

Trouble Shoes

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 07:55:35 pm »
maybe you can in Alabamare
I knew you were trouble shoes when you walked in

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 08:16:48 pm »
They're from Manehatten though.

I see Celeistia has removed the big dot from the image in moderator contact information, was that important? who knows? fairly sure the two small ones that are there in a new tab aren't at least.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 08:57:23 pm »
I am very confused with this defunct tribes catergory, where's the section hide button?
Nevermind found it, that was easy, it might not be a direct button, but the thing of just clicking on it works.

I think I've happy with the Alt + S style of submitting my posts as well on these forums, I can just use my keyboard to navigate the whole site now

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 08:58:06 pm »
Also I feel like I'm going to want to vote out Flim but not Flam.

Those two are obviously made for each other.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 09:24:13 pm »
I just accidentally found a way I can add notes to my messages.
Clicking on reply on one of the ones I've sent myself previously produced a result of just sending it to myself but adding it to the conversation.

This should be able to help me in the eventual state of "what on earth was I talking about here" state my messages generally arrive at.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 09:32:43 pm »
I think I like Flim now, yay progress.

The rest of the ponies I've talked to are good as well, Timezones will suck with being able to communicate with Coco, or will at least while I'm not staying up late.

Ended up cross messaging with Granny Smith, because well that happens at some stage, I'm going with their chain because I didn't get it going in both directions quickly enough, and like normal had no idea about what I'm talking about in my own.
Haven't talked to Grand Pear yet, so yay?

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 11:41:09 pm »
Quote from: Twilight
I haven't been really trying, worried that I'd seem like a mastermind if I did too much.

This is how we all die.

Am I already getting thrown under the bus for being a lazy good for nothing? Or is this seriously just the type of content I'm going to have to stick with until I get thrown under the bus because I get sick of people not wanting to talk game.
I think based on the whatever happens, it's probably just they haven't done game.

nopony wants the game face, so really the tribe should be a piece of cake, but I fill like I just went and ate all the cake, and now there's no cake and I want to place myself at the bottom, which makes me procrastinate instead of idk actually not being on the bottom as I have no reason to be on the bottom of this tribe. What am I going to do, just get myself voted out for knowing what I'm doing?
I mean knowing what I'm doing but not actually doing it is a surefire way of getting people to not trust me.

Florina Tart

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 12:02:40 am »
I just accidentally found a way I can add notes to my messages.
Clicking on reply on one of the ones I've sent myself previously produced a result of just sending it to myself but adding it to the conversation.

This should be able to help me in the eventual state of "what on earth was I talking about here" state my messages generally arrive at.
Have you put it into practice yet?

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 12:15:01 am »
Sadly i haven't been able to, because the state of 'what on earth am i talking about' arrived before I even submitted the message, and then I felt pressure to move on to the next message, so I just submitted and ran and left it for some other pony to deal with the mess I'm leaving.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 02:57:06 pm »
I think I like this board, somehow I still had stuff I wrote for a PM after losing power.

Just as well I didn't automatically press send, it would have gone off into a different pm (I'd already assumed it was lost and rewritten it by phone anyway, but now I can see how my second need of rewriting it turned out differently)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 06:00:51 pm »
As half expected, Twilight has come up as a potential vote, I think that just means I will ignore Phillydelphia as a thing that could totally of otherwise stuck together.

I don't even want to trust my study group for future alliances, as I don't think Cheese Sandwich will last that long.

speaking of cheese sandwichs, I think I might go make myself one.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 06:30:30 pm »
Paranoia time, no messages have come in since the challenge was ended.

stupid 2nd place in the challenge, so close to feeling extra safe. But that wouldn't do.

as long as somepony comes asking for my feelers, and I then provide answers, well either it's a plan or we're all doomed anyway.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 06:53:07 pm »
okay paranoia gone, but no idea who we're going to vote off even still. I'm sure when I applied for this game I asked for an easy vote off to start the game with, better get too it and actually discuss options.

Fairly sure it will end up being twilight from my prospective, but I don't really want to do that, they sound like they've had trouble in the past getting through early stages.
All well I think I'm going to put the whole game on the backburner for like an hour.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 09:16:45 pm »
Somehow that turned into 2 hours and failing to take a nap.

I'm back to being very confused with Flimflam, and not liking Flim, although Flam is still great.

I think at the moment I need to see how potentially tight Buried Lede and Pinkie Pie are, can't see much, but I don't think that conversation made it too far.

My assumption is that Flam, Granny and Coco won't want to vote me out at the moment
Lede, Pear and Twilight are probably ones that would do it if they heard my name
If I placed up trust rankings, I'd probably have Pinkie as the one most likely to suggest voting me out, so I'd therefore like to send her out, and just because I failed to find she existed earlier doesn't give her an excuse to survive. The game of survivor is brutal. Would really like somepony else to say they haven't got anywhere with Pinkie before that happens though.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 10:31:18 pm »
I think with answering questions with gifs I might actually have to force an opinion now.

After I try to interpret Pinkie's answers to what they mean.

actually that sounds like fun, I should just do that.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 12:15:03 am »
well I just tried to alt+S something to post it on MS, it deleted the contents of the quick reply box before trying to submit it, well I guess that was relatively close to working.

Florina Tart

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 12:52:06 am »
not sure i understand but sounds annoying. my condolences

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 01:16:23 am »
It was a stupid sentence and easiely retyped, if that happened to a wall I was creating here, well then there's problems.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 01:44:55 am »
More importantly, it's time for the start of the Thorax reads other ponies minds when answering tribal council questions section of this confessional. If the question stay coming, I'm going to just attempt to do this every tribal council.

Questions for reference
1) Did the early swap help you or hurt you?
2) Were you able to form decent connections with your Study Group?
3) Granny Smith won immunity tonight. Did she need it?
4) What is the number one factor behind your vote tonight?
5) How strong are the pairings from the original tribes? Are they still there or have those lines blurred?
6) Will the person who is voted out tonight see it coming?
[close]

1. Think it was hurt, maybe. Not sure.
2. Kind of, I think we did work together well.
3. Probably not? I'm not sure.
5. Not entirely sure what's going on with other people, but it's been somewhat like just a new tribe for me.
6. If they do, that probably means I won't be voted out.
1. I am unsure as to whether I can trust Thorax, is he by my side?
2. We didn't talk game.
3. I wouldn't be placed my vote on Granny Smith.
5. I barely had time to talk to Thorax on my old tribe, he's still new to me. I haven't asked about the other tribes.
6. I see no reason for people to vote for me, I'm as active as possible, people just love these quickfire PMs I'm sending out.

well u see when i wuz a littl poni i was told 2 neva talk 2 stranger and it true! I never did so ofc dat mens i talk to no on on las trib but i did so i was lie to and strangers r guud! thus early swap make me see not all strange bad! it maked me like ponis heeree 2 bcuz yay dey all fun stranges ahaha.

studions is 4 square ponis. i not square poni nope. connecticuts are unly suppose to be mad wif friens n friens is magik ahaha muah. my trib is my connec an so only decent is wif dem cuz dats where i is ahah.

i tink teh grannies she was smithin wud has come bak wif vengence so she need to be protec from dose grannies so yas.

a factor is dat math thing rite? so yea ill prob procrastination bcuz math sux!

5) How strong are the pairings from the original tribes? Are they still there or have those lines blurred?

Pear Grande is a snek bcuz he not give me Arianna tikets  >:( >:( >:( >:( but its k cuz he stil a poni and ponifriens is magik muah.

were ponis not persons  >:( >:( >:( u mods get rong.
1. I was helped out as Flam had done all the talking on the previous tribe.
2. We only talked challenge.
3. Granny is aligned with me, I am happy that it was won by an ally.
4. Whatever everypony else says
5. Either way will work in my favour.
6. I haven't decided whether or not I'll tell them or not.

Oo ooo ooooo! Question time!

1. It surprised me, but it turned out good.
2. Yes, although I don't want this tribe to know that.
3. No, but she deserved it
4. Where I can't find a connection
5. They tolerate each other, but they will be blurred
6. They don't currently see it coming.

It hurt me emotionally.

What happens in study group stays in study group.

Pinkie and I barely talked on our original tribe, so it's not like we came into this as a strong pair. Thinking about this tribe through the lens of our original tribes would be pretty dumb anyway, considering the 2-2-2-2 split.
1. I liked the other members of my old tribe.
2. Yes, I believe I will be able to get them as friends later.
5. Completed blurred, I have no worries if the tribe votes out Pinkie Pie.

I wasn't expecting it, so I guess that means it hurt, but new friends are always good friends.

More new friends, always new friends!

Nopony should ever need immunity. Especially this early on, if you need it in the first round, well you're not lasting long anyway.

We're at tribal council.

Grand Pear is probably the strongest Pear here, I don't think any of other original tribes had any pears to be honest.

There's 3 ponies getting voted out tonight, Whoever is voted out here probably won't see the other two coming.
1. Helped me, I did not like how I started this game off, nothing wrong with that tribe though.
2. No. (attempt at making other believe I actually did anything resembling trying to connect with them)
3. No, thank you for allowing my two potential targets to not win immunity. I'm jealous being on the second place team.
4. Members of the tribe know my opinion through messages, I don't want to bother with going through the rigmarole of explaining I don't feel connected to somepony. Also willing to sheep anypony that has an opinion here.
5. The lines have blurred. I have no loyalty to my old tribe.
6. I'm not telling them they're going home.

I'll try to mind read the other ponies answers once they're posted.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 06:04:09 am »
Quote from: Twilight
I kinda feel like alliances will end up being drawn along tribe lines just because nopony else knows how to vote.
Is this an alliance offer I see before me?

Kill it with fire!
Or manage to convince people to vote out Pinkie, it's possible
but as I told Granny Smith (who I believe has now posted their vote)
I can't see Twilight surviving to merge with the impressions she's been leaving everypony, therefore she's of no use as an ally to me.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 08:02:37 am »
I'm sort of feeling cruel that I'm not telling Twilight her name is out there, but I don't really care.
If she provides me with information I want, then well maybe I'll think about changing things around in the morning.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 03:08:48 pm »
And we're back, we have more answers to attempt to read between the lines of

Not at all, we all seemed to be on at different times.

I don't think she did

I don't think spending 24 in another tribe means that much, so yeah, they're blurred.

2. European timezones suck, I couldn't do anything with how busy I was for forming a connection.
3. Old folk sticking together
5. I don't trust Flim and Flam to save my life if my name comes up on the chopping block

Now I know a lot of ponies are neighin' that I didn' need it, but I beg to differ.

I don' know if y'all noticed, and I don' think I've been too open 'bout this or anythin', but I'm actually quite old.

It's okay, I wouldn't have guessed it either, what with mah smooth skin and trendy scarf.

But I hear that there's this pony flu epidemic happenin' in Canterlot and while it's not in Ponyville yet, mah immune system really ain't what it used to be and I'm just grateful to this immunity for lettin' me stay alive for at least another round.

--

Oh sugar cube, the way I see things, the lines are always blurred.

--

I don' know what a person is, but as I neighed, my eyesight ain't too good. Maybe I won't see this person thingumabob comin' if that's what you mean.
3. 'm very happy to have the ability to not be paranoia that there is a chance of the other ponies wanting me out.
5. I will be sticking with my old tribe for the time being.
6. I probably won't directly tell them.

and now we return to the ad breaks, join us soon when we return with Coco Pummel's answers. (well assuming she posts some)

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2019, 03:22:46 pm »
I'm trying real hard here to be a bully and not let ponies know they're going home, it should mean if they return well they'll be after me, and if I've got my group together, easier to have a reason to send the returnee packing again.
It's quite hard to just carry on a conversation with the target trying to say I have no idea where anypony elses head is at though, but when I tried to suggest something at the start of the tribal council it got mostly ignored, so either they'd have already worked out their the target, somepony else has told them, or twilight really is this ignorant as to what is happening, if they're trying to blindside me then the whole tribe is playing a huge act, so fairly sure that's not happening, as most ponies do have a conscious.

I'm tempted to just throw a vote so that I actually look truthful to Twilight, but that doesn't really work for continuing to work with the rest of the tribe.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2019, 03:54:58 pm »
I gave up and just basically said it's doomed, because I couldn't work out how to fake doing stuff. I don't know how well read they already are, but voting out friend ponies is never good.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2019, 03:57:52 pm »
The final attempt at mind reading the first council.

Probably! There's know way of knowing for sure, though.

We definitely bonded over placing dead last in that challenge!

nopony needed immunity! Whoever gets voted out here still has a chance to get back in the game, so nopony needs immunity to survive. Silly mods, forgetting your own rules!

Well you know Jeff, anything can happen in Survivor!

24 extra hours isn't long enough for significant differences in communication to be there. Those lines are only going to blur more and more as the game goes on.

Whoever it is, they should see it coming as the votes for them are being read out!
1. I'm unsure of my placement on the old tribe, it was a long time ago
2. I'm not going to be able to trust any of them at the moment.
3. The immunity necklace is irrelevant as to who has it today.
4. I am joining everypony else and not revealing secrets
5. Original tribes fake tribes.
6. I've mentioned it to them.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 05:04:48 pm »
https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=.

well I guess that's all the hidden letters that currently exist anywhere, pretty sure I can't do anything with them though.

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2019, 05:05:11 pm »

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2019, 05:06:08 pm »
I guess that means it's been found already, makes sense, that took me way to long to locate the O

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2019, 05:15:43 pm »
although since I guess the word also relates to me, I'm going to try anagramming it
imago

Thorax

• The Glue Factory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2019, 05:18:47 pm »
and now I'm just going to test other possibilities because you always got to test stuff like this

Language   Ways to say friend
Albanian   mik
Basque   Lagun
Belarusian   сябар
Bosnian   prijatelj
Bulgarian   приятел
Catalan   amic
Croatian   prijatelj
Czech   přítel
Danish   ven
Dutch   vriend
Estonian   sõber