Author Topic: Episode 15: Always the target (or not?)  (Read 496 times)

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
Episode 15: Always the target (or not?)
« on: May 16, 2019, 12:38:33 pm »
Dj and Soarin voted me and tried to get Rarity to flip on me. These ponies never learn that you can't vote out Grand Pear. So many ponies have tried and they've all failed.

Anyway this is the last immunity challenge before the F4 and the FIC! My plan is basically to just vote out Soarin, so I don't want him to win immunity.

Soarin came to me, after not talking to me the entire previous TC, with a story about his Alliance with Coco, Granny and DJ and about how he knew about the idol and tbh, I couldn't care less right now. I've tried multiple times to try and get him to work with me, I reached out multiple times and every time he tried to vote me out. I don't care if Coco wins this game and I get 0 votes tbh. At least Coco had my back the entire game. I'm happy to lose to Coco but I don't want somepony who tried to vote me out the entire game to even get a shot at winning this game.

So obviously I just went to Coco and told her about Soarin's plans and now I'll get to enjoy Coco and Soarin going at each other and hopefully, nopony is going to target me this round.

Sooooo close to the end. I'm not sure you specs enjoyed my game as much as I did, but I had a great time. Maybe you thought I played a boring game, but it wasn't boring to me, at all. I think I made the right decisions at the right times. I've made the connections I needed to, and those connections kept me around when my enemies tried to vote me out multiple times. I'm not sure if I'm going to have a shot at winning, but I think I do have a story to tell. I've positioned myself in a great way the entire game, I cut down one of my closest allies(Buried Lede), to get closer to the ponies I wanted to play the endgame with, and it worked out in the best way possible. Despite my limited availability, which did hurt me, I'm very aware of that, I've managed to play a game where most people thought I was on the bottom, but at the same time, I had solid connections that kept me around when I was believed to be an easy target, and they all payed for it. Fluttershy(maybe to a lesser extent), Pinkie, Derpy, DJ, they all got voted out while targeting me, and the numbers I had, were Always pretty big!

That's the story I'll bring at FTC, and I hope at least some ponies appreciate that enough to give me their votes.

Buuuut first I'll need to make it there. ;D

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 15: Always the target (or not?)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 12:45:00 pm »
And at the final TC, I'm actually NOT the target here.

Soarin is trying to convince me to vote out Granny and try to get rid of Coco next round. He's giving me a whole speech of how I'm probably not able to beat either of them. I don't necessarily agree with that, although I'm probably a big underdog going in. If this is a salty jury, I think I might have a shot at it. It'll depend how much they actually respect the game I played too. It's not the most exciting game to watch, probably, but it was a great game for me and that's what matters.

And to be fair, if I take Soarin to the end, he is probably the biggest favorite to win. Betraying the ponies I've been working with for this long is probably also going to hurt me really badly. So not a good way for me to approach this TC.

It looks like I can FINALLY write a torchwalk this game. How I've been waiting for that moment to arrive. ;D

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 12:54:28 pm »
I see FlimFlam is online and dammit I miss that weirdo :'(

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 06:51:55 pm »
Congratulations for making it past the voting phase! As you head into the last part of the game I just have a few questions left for you cutieponies.

1: Who are you hoping wins the Final Immunity Challenge if it isn't you? I assume you're rooting for yourself first obviously.
2: Who do you think would pick you to come to the Final 3 with them if they won?
3: Who do you hope loses the Fire-Making Challenge?