Author Topic: Episode 10: Merge  (Read 975 times)

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
Episode 10: Merge
« on: April 27, 2019, 10:13:25 pm »
My confessional has not been kept up to date, I'm sorry.

Anyway the reason to vote out Lede was mostly just to keep Granny around. Granny has connections I'd like to use and I can hopefully become a part of. If I can get on Derpy's good side, then I think I have a good shot at making it pretty far! I've played the bottom really well so far, but I'm not sure how I'm being perceived right now. I'm going to try and play the bottom again, so most people think I won't be a threat.

Really excited for the endgame. I didn't think my RL would allow me to go this deep.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 10: Merge
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 11:20:40 pm »
Who's in yer current trust cluster?

Filthy Rich

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 12:07:34 am »
1. What names have you herd so far for the merge vote?
2. What’s your attitude going to be for the first merge vote? As-long-as-it-aint-me, or will you jockey for position?
3. Who is your mane ally?
4. Who is the dark horse to win the game?
5. Who’s somepony that you’re allied with now, but is going to stirrup trouble for you in the long run?
6. Who needs to get off their high horse?
7. How stable is your position?
8. What percent chance do you have of whinnying this game?

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 12:58:04 am »
Who's in yer current trust cluster?

Coco
Granny
FlimFlam
Dash
Rarity
Pinkie

I think all of those are probably open to work with me.

DJ, Soarin and Glimmer I haven't previously talked to. Soaring seems pretty cool already so I'm hoping to find an opening there.
Glimmer apparently tried to throw the challenge to vote out FlimFlam, so I'm not sure I can make much progress there.

No idea where Derpy is at or if she even considers working with me.

Chrys, I'm very doubtful she'll include me in her longterm plans after we voted out Flutter and McColt and she was the next to go there.

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 01:03:02 am »
1. What names have you herd so far for the merge vote?
None yet really
2. What’s your attitude going to be for the first merge vote? As-long-as-it-aint-me, or will you jockey for position?
I'm not really planning on doing anything big yet, I'm fine pretending to be on the bottom. If it could be somepony like Chrys going out first, that would be nice. I'm going to try and keep the target off my trust cluster(see previous answer)
3. Who is your mane ally?
Dash-Rarity
4. Who is the dark horse to win the game?
Granny
5. Who’s somepony that you’re allied with now, but is going to stirrup trouble for you in the long run?
Hopefully none of them?
6. Who needs to get off their high horse?
Starlight Glimmer
7. How stable is your position?
It kinda depends on what the "new ponies" think about me? If I don't seem like much of a threat, I don't think I should be in trouble early on?
8. What percent chance do you have of whinnying this game?
1 in 13?

Princess Luna

• Royal Alicorns
  • Shadooweh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 02:48:31 am »
Hello Luna has been very sleepy and paid 0 attention, what's going on with the vote and stuff?

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 10:26:44 am »
who knows I was working

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 11:45:50 am »
This is turning into quite the shitshow. Pinkie has tried to pit Derpy and FlimFlam against each other, and now those 2 are targeting Pinkie? I guess that's not a horrible vote?

I'm working on getting something going with Soarin, he's really great to talk to.
Derpy also seems leave an opening for me?
Starlight Glimmer pretty much immediately suggested that we work together.

There's also a new Circle of 5 being set up. Dash suggested to me and Rarity that we can pick up Granny and Coco for a new group of 5 and we still have Flim Flam on the side.

The amount of positioning Dash has been doing since we got swapped together is pretty scary. It's nice to be in the inner circle, but do I really want to compete with Dash at FTC?
Rarity seems like the perfect one to bring to FTC with me. Not too vocal.

We'll see how this TC ends up but I don't think I'm going to be in any danger. I'm building new connections and maintaining the old ones. I really like where I'm at right now.

Ms. Harshwhinny

• Spectators
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 07:36:37 pm »
Who's the biggest threat to your immediate survival? How do you feel about your resume so far?

Flurry Heart

• Royal Alicorns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 09:09:29 pm »
Congratulations on winning immunity! Which Disney park are you going to visit?

Oh, and what are your thoughts on Flim being idoled out?
Equestria's cutest spectator mod.

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 01:49:35 pm »
I'll need to answer these tomorrow, I've been out all day and need to do TC stuff

Seems to be Pinkie vs Soarin. Weird

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 03:46:39 am »
Who's the biggest threat to your immediate survival? How do you feel about your resume so far?

I think a combination of Derpy/Starlight/DJ is the biggest threat to me right now. I'd like to think Soarin likes having me around, I don't know about the other 3.

Actually I think I've played a great game. I've pretended to be at the bottom this entire game, but I've had so many connections that most people don't seem to think I'm a threat. This might be a pretty boring UTR game, but it's working.

Lede-FlimFlam-me
Granny-Coco-me
Dash-Rarity-me

I've always been a part of groups of three that pretty much guaranteed my survival without much effort. And even now, we have a group of 5, with 10 ponies left. I think I should be able to survive until the endgame. Hopefully I can make it all the way!

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 03:48:24 am »
Congratulations on winning immunity! Which Disney park are you going to visit?

Oh, and what are your thoughts on Flim being idoled out?

Wherever you will take me baby!

FlimFlam getting idoled out kinda sucked, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I think most ponies thought he was pretty close to me so it's not something they can use to question my loyalty anymore. I think I have enough connections right now that doesn't make this a major setback, although I will miss having them around!

Grand Pear

• Canterlot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 03:53:48 am »
Another thing: Pinkie sort of threatened me to idol me out at a later stage if I didn't vote with her:

I really do hope you're on my side, I'd like us to get far together, and I really don't want to have to idol you out too 😕 FlimFlam really broke my heart last round.

This is what made me flip and not vote Soarin. I also used it to make sure everypony else voted for Pinkie as well. I didn't think it was a very big deal, just a bad play. But somehow this seems to have been blown out of proportion and a lot of ponies are sending me comforting words. I'm using it to my advantage as much as I can now, but I feel a bit like a jerk for doing so.

Anyway, Pinkie, no hard feelings, I wasn't upset but I did use it to vote you out. Sorry!