Author Topic: Survivor Scores  (Read 785 times)

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
Survivor Scores
« on: October 31, 2020, 12:15:38 pm »
An old classic returned! Just don't ask why it smells like cadavers. That's a family secret. The process is simple but lengthy. Listen good, because you only get to hear this once or you'll be sleeping with the fishes.

At the end of every Tribal Council, I'll determine whether it was stable or dynamic. This is how that will be determined:

Once a TC is determined as stable or dynamic, every member that took part will get scored appropriately:

With one exception. A player that is voted out receives a score proportional to the number of votes they didn't get. (EX.If someone gets voted out 4-1, they score 0.2). A player's current score is their average score multiplied by 20. (So a player that scores nothing but 5s has a score of 100).

When a player is eliminated, their current score is then multiplied by a variable amount:

Offline Snowman

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor Scores
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 12:17:14 pm »
I'm so happy to see this back again <3 <3 <3 <3

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 12:19:05 pm »
I don't understand why it wasn't, honestly. It's not that much work.

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 12:22:17 pm »
Let me guess, someone's made a spreadsheet that does this automatically.

Offline Snowman

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 12:24:15 pm »
There's a spreadsheet that stores scores, but as it's dependant on what happens in the game and sometimes needs slight judgement calls, can't quite automate all of it.

Offline Giacomo Siciliano

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 10:35:10 am »
Oh I love this! I've missed it being a thing. When was the last game to use it? It's been a minute.

Offline The Shiv

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 10:50:21 am »
Oh I love this! I've missed it being a thing. When was the last game to use it? It's been a minute.

Last game was Expect the Expected. So it's about 2 years old. Hopefully we'll be able to retroactively do stuff but vote charts only can do so much so input from people in game/modding them with good memories would be able to help (for dealing with strategic minority votes and the like).

Offline Snowman

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 11:55:37 am »
Well last one that Crazy calculated was EtE, but the games that had threads for it that I could find were: DBZ, #2016, League, Hyrule, Nexus, Ned's, and MLS. So it has been a while since it's been talked about. Crazy was adjusting it and doing it in the background anyways

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 05:07:15 pm »
A 6-2 votes calls this vote as interesting as it is not unanimous, but we also have something to talk about:

What happens when someone votes in fear of an idol play.

To put it succinctly, if they specify that their vote is in fear of an idol, then they score as if they voted for the person going home. And since the vote is classified as a dynamic vote, everyone who survived earns 5 points - perfect scores abound!

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 12:34:51 pm »

As much as I feel for Graham, a player who gets medevac'd counts the TC as a stable one for the entire tribe.

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 06:14:13 pm »

Two things - I did O-Renn's score - she should have had 2 for having two votes, not a 5. Also RIP :(

Secondly, Bill inherits Don Pianta's score. I had to ask Crazy personally on that one!

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 06:02:13 pm »

An easy, unanimous TC - it's stable, so everyone but Tommy gets a 4.

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 09:57:20 pm »

One swap later, - 1 Al Capone :(. But at least the TC was interesting! 5s for Bobfather, Carmine, and Viola. 3 for Meyer for voting in the minority, and 2 for Ventriloquist for getting 2 votes.

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2020, 06:03:55 pm »

While the vote is unanimous, and therefore stable, the vote itself was anything but!

Vincent goes out at 16.32, but if he forgot to vote it would have been 16 even.

Offline John Gotti

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 06:04:00 pm »

Firstly, Shady Shin should've gotten a 3 last round for receiving votes. Oops.

Secondly, the Ventriloquist vote passes the Pagong Test but not the Landslide Test, so the vote is stable. Vent ends just above a 20 score.