Author Topic: Final Episode  (Read 1283 times)

Offline The Shiv

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
Re: Final Episode
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2020, 04:59:37 pm »
carmine's going to win because crystal can't answer any question without dunking on herself

It’s really depressing how true this is because honestly Crystal is the entire reason Carmine is actually here...

Like without Crystal, carmine goes at f6. Without Crystal, carmine is toast at f3...

But clearly Carmine is articulating himself better in this scenario.

I mean FTC skills are an important part of survivor, it's literally where the game is decided and is never a surprise. While the person with the best FTC does not necessarily win survivor, answering questions while both giving yourself neither too much or too little credit is something that you need to know how to do. Unfortunately, it's also not something that's easy to learn or theorize about until you are well, at FTC and even then you don't always get good feedback.

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2020, 05:22:09 pm »
Okay but for real postgame shin needs to realize his tactic of telling people he will be voting on tribe lines when he is in the majority tribe is objectively a bad idea

I mean fair but again this is “get my vote” time and crystal kinda needs all the votes she can get, not alienate. Especially from people who have very clearly stated this is their first time playing and don’t necessarily have the mindset that a vet jury member would have. Like there is a time and a place to call someone out for something and on a jury this small, alienating votes by calling people out for things they aren’t ready to hear yet is not how youse win.

Postgame. Postgame. FTC is not postgame.

Offline Lefty Lincolnshire

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 08:36:03 pm »
Reading the FTC so far, Carmine is leaps and bounds better... even though Bobfather asked him to detail all the things they did together so people would know and then contradicted most of it afterward.
Yeah I don't even really know what Bobfather is looking for here. I know Bobfather isn't like obligated to be rooting for Carmine or whatever but he's kinda not doing any favors with some of these responses. Carmine's doing a pretty good job of responding, all the same.

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 06:03:50 am »
It was Bill that took out Bobfather by winning an immunity, right? Feels like another point Crystal should have over Carmine who tried to vote out Bill before Viola.

Offline Lefty Lincolnshire

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2020, 10:31:47 am »
It was Bill that took out Bobfather by winning an immunity, right? Feels like another point Crystal should have over Carmine who tried to vote out Bill before Viola.
I guess if you think Bobfather would have beaten Crystal at the FIC, sure, but there's a good chance it's a moot point

Offline Giacomo Siciliano

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2020, 10:49:19 am »
carmine's going to win because crystal can't answer any question without dunking on herself

It’s really depressing how true this is because honestly Crystal is the entire reason Carmine is actually here...

Like without Crystal, carmine goes at f6. Without Crystal, carmine is toast at f3...

But clearly Carmine is articulating himself better in this scenario.

I mean FTC skills are an important part of survivor, it's literally where the game is decided and is never a surprise. While the person with the best FTC does not necessarily win survivor, answering questions while both giving yourself neither too much or too little credit is something that you need to know how to do. Unfortunately, it's also not something that's easy to learn or theorize about until you are well, at FTC and even then you don't always get good feedback.

Knowing who Crystal is, I think the last point is extremely relevant. It's hard to truly get better at FTC without some practice. I've been to several FTCs and I'd say I'm still not amazing at it, because my tendency is to sell my own game too hard. I think Crystal has the opposite problem, and I hope that win or lose, she can learn from this experience.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2020, 10:52:24 am »
Also I do think Shin overreacted to Crystal saying that, but Crystal doesn't seem to have the instinct of wanting to suck up to the Jury and be super careful what she says, which I like about her because I think it makes her seem genuine, but at the same time, when you're not in that mode, I think you can make minor mistakes like that, even though it wasn't her main point and probably just slipped out.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2020, 03:50:16 pm »
Crystal’s closing speech made me laugh lol. I think its pretty good hah.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2020, 04:42:00 pm »
Their restraint to have such short speeches is incredible to me, but probably not an awful thing. I just can't imagine putting over a month of time into something and not having more to say about it.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2020, 05:03:11 pm »
Brevity is the soul of wit etc. etc.

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2020, 07:23:23 pm »
Crystal’s closing speech made me laugh lol. I think its pretty good hah.
I thought it was good too. I like how she kept it short and hit the most important points. Those really are the three main reasons why she should maybe win.

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2020, 08:38:09 pm »
I definitely prefer it to Carmine's speech, which isn't bad strictly speaking but kind of just a nothing of a speech? Like I don't think it is a positive or a negative. Crystal's I see as a slight positive, but the Jurors probably can do whatever they feel like doing here. I could see it going either way.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2020, 10:05:24 am »
So not to hype anyone up but this one is gonna be a nail-biter.

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2020, 10:09:49 am »
i feel like a closing speech should be, idk, a speech, lol

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2020, 11:27:47 am »
So not to hype anyone up but this one is gonna be a nail-biter.
Get hyped yall