Author Topic: Final Episode  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Lefty Lincolnshire

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
Re: Final Episode
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2020, 08:01:24 pm »
Welp Crystal's half speech I think still shows more game awareness than Carmine's non speech. Buuuuuut we shall see.
It's weird, Carmine gave a broad introduction but no details, Crystal had details (ish) but no overview. I'm sympathetic to Crystal not having time to do a full speech but I'll admit I cracked up at "sorry, I'm running out of time" for Bill.

So far I like Carmine's general response style, he doesn't have the most amazing game to point to, but he's doing what he can and articulating things pretty well for what there is imho.

Offline Don Pianta

• Sleeping With The Fishes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2020, 04:09:24 am »
I like Carmine's speech!

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 08:08:01 am »
Welp Crystal's half speech I think still shows more game awareness than Carmine's non speech. Buuuuuut we shall see.
lmao that "sorry, I'm running out of time" was in the officially posted speech.  Legend

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2020, 08:16:53 am »
It's weird, Carmine gave a broad introduction but no details, Crystal had details (ish) but no overview. I'm sympathetic to Crystal not having time to do a full speech but I'll admit I cracked up at "sorry, I'm running out of time" for Bill.

So far I like Carmine's general response style, he doesn't have the most amazing game to point to, but he's doing what he can and articulating things pretty well for what there is imho.
First time for specs to really see what Carmine is like.

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2020, 09:39:05 am »
Crystal, since you ran out of time to finish your opening speech this thread seems like the appropriate place expand where you'd like to and to conclude it.
Ok, right. I was deliberating what final things I should put in the end there. I was thinking about saying something about how my straightforwardness could be an asset in getting people to trust me, but I think the influence of that may have been muted by my social failures in the later game.
Asked directly by Bill to complete the speech that fizzled out when it got to Bill, and she just vaguely gestures at what she would've written and doesn't mention Bill at all. 

Reading the FTC so far, Carmine is leaps and bounds better... even though Bobfather asked him to detail all the things they did together so people would know and then contradicted most of it afterward.

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2020, 10:47:47 am »
carmine's going to win because crystal can't answer any question without dunking on herself

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 10:53:43 am »
carmine's going to win because crystal can't answer any question without dunking on herself

this

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 11:22:42 am »

It’s really depressing how true this is because honestly Crystal is the entire reason Carmine is actually here...

Like without Crystal, carmine goes at f6. Without Crystal, carmine is toast at f3...

But clearly Carmine is articulating himself better in this scenario.

Offline Giacomo Siciliano

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 12:15:28 pm »
Wow these opening speeches were...not great. And I'm sympathetic that writing a good opening speech is tough, but man, they really aren't the best.

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 12:23:48 pm »

It’s really depressing how true this is because honestly Crystal is the entire reason Carmine is actually here...

Like without Crystal, carmine goes at f6. Without Crystal, carmine is toast at f3...

But clearly Carmine is articulating himself better in this scenario.

you mean like if bill won final immunity?

Offline Giacomo Siciliano

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 12:34:37 pm »
I like that Crystal is starting to claim control over the F6 a little, because I do think that was her move even if she didn't have the power to make it Paulie specifically. That's definitely her best move of the game, and to me the way Carmine tried to claim responsibility for it and she clapped back looked good.

Carmine is strictly speaking better at explaining himself, but I still think Crystal could win.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 03:28:17 pm »
Oooooh shady shin with the zinger at Crystal...probably not the best idea to call out someone whose vote youse are trying to earn haha.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:31:14 pm by Don Corneo »

Offline Chameleon

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 03:38:24 pm »
idk i feel like saying "x player made a mistake" when he absolutely 400% did should be something he can own

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 03:40:04 pm »
Okay but for real postgame shin needs to realize his tactic of telling people he will be voting on tribe lines when he is in the majority tribe is objectively a bad idea

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 04:26:47 pm »
Okay but for real postgame shin needs to realize his tactic of telling people he will be voting on tribe lines when he is in the majority tribe is objectively a bad idea

I mean fair but again this is “get my vote” time and crystal kinda needs all the votes she can get, not alienate. Especially from people who have very clearly stated this is their first time playing and don’t necessarily have the mindset that a vet jury member would have. Like there is a time and a place to call someone out for something and on a jury this small, alienating votes by calling people out for things they aren’t ready to hear yet is not how youse win.