Author Topic: Your Confessional  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
Your Confessional
« on: October 06, 2020, 09:13:20 pm »
Welcome To The Family! We have created a safe space for youse.

Only youse, the Moderators and the Spectators will see what you post here. However everyone will have access to it postgame. Feel free to share your thoughts and point of view on the game. Spectators will also ask you questions on occasion, feel free to answer them. There are no guidelines to what you can post in your confessional. Otherwise, the amount of bodies you decide to rack up is the limit! Roam the streets in search of jobs to bring glory to the Dons and our Family.

Offline Giovanni

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
Re: Your Confessional
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 04:30:11 pm »
Is this Triple Threat Triad territory?

Offline Shady Shin

• Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 05:59:25 pm »
The real first challenge was figuring out how to enable Flash.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 06:12:01 pm »
The real first challenge was figuring out how to enable Flash.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I believe youse just download it and then it works?  Try a random flash game with it once you've downloaded it?

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 10:40:14 am »
1. Welcome to Survivor: Flash Mob, youse have now been in the game a little over 24 hours. Have youse had time to get to know your other Family members? Rank them on who youse enjoy most to who youse enjoy least.

2. Have youse had time to check out the fabulous Cosa Note-stra? Perhaps the construction site is of some interest to youse?

3. Have youse noticed any sort of drama starting on your Family? Does anyone in your Family seem to have any sort of beef with other members yet?

4. If youse were going to go to tribal now, no questions asked, who would you vote out and why?

5. Please tell us something youse would say if youse were a Godfather and youse had to tell a crony to off someone.

Offline Shady Shin

• Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 01:02:20 pm »
The download worked, I just had to click the button to "enable Flash on this page".

I've sent everyone a message though haven't heard back from everyone. I don't think I could really rank anyone yet; I'll get back to you on that. I will say Ventriliquist's typing gimmick is annoying and also they rudely made fun of my name :(

I have checked it out. Might put in some practice on the game later.

Not yet! Hope that doesn't mean I'm totally clueless.

Ventriloquist, see above.

I wouldn't say anything. We would have a secret handshake for that kinda thing, but it would be very close in method to another secret handshake which means "go pick me up lunch from the Chipotle". Plausible deniability, yakno.

Offline Snowman

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 01:04:53 pm »
I will say Ventriliquist's typing gimmick is annoying
Could you elaborate on this please?

Offline Shady Shin

• Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 02:33:56 pm »
They're replacing b's with g's. It makes it hard to read.

Offline Shady Shin

• Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 04:03:35 pm »
This is the part of the confessional where I reveal I have noooooooooooo ideeeeaaaaaa what I'm doing. I'm just making an effort to ingratiate myself and not seem like a total outsider in the group for now. Am I supposed to like, be making alliances at this point? Who can say. Scientists disagree, I'm sure.

Offline Snowman

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 04:11:29 pm »
Do you think it's working?

Offline Shady Shin

• Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 06:16:06 pm »
I hope so! I've been trying to broach more gamey subjects with a few players now; Bob, Crystal, and Graham. If I can pull them all together we can have a solid protective alliance for this beginning phase. I'm worried about playing a bit too hard too fast, but I'd rather that than get burned for playing too slow!

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 06:59:27 pm »
I wouldn't say anything. We would have a secret handshake for that kinda thing, but it would be very close in method to another secret handshake which means "go pick me up lunch from the Chipotle". Plausible deniability, yakno.

It's all fun and games until you screw up the handshake and instead of getting Chipotle, your crony delivers somebody's head on a plate.

Offline Snowman

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 12:59:32 pm »

Interrogation Time with Snowman

Greetings [insert player name here], I'm sure you are so very busy with your plotting and scheming, but if you have just a second, I have some burning questions for you and we need your answers.

1) Do you have a personal goal or hope for this game? What are you here for: fun, winning, redemption, self-discovery? What should we watch your confessional space for?

2) Of the characters in the game, including your own, which are your top five favourites and why?

3) If you had to leave for an extended weekend and needed someone to watch your cat, which of your tribemates would you trust to at least think about checking in? Are you someone your tribemates could trust to watch their cats? Do you like cats?

4) Who do you most want to work with in this tribe? Who do you want to drop in the nearest firepit? Is there anybody you want to try to get closer to? Is there anybody you want to distance from?

5) What question should we ask you to get a better sense of you as a player? Ask yourself here and answer it.

Thank you for your time, I know you have challenges and PMs to attend to and your time is precious. I hope you appreciate these individualized questions that were not copy-pasted to everyone.

~Snowman
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 01:26:17 pm by Snowman »

Offline Shady Shin

• Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2020, 05:37:23 pm »
1) Do you have a personal goal or hope for this game? What are you here for: fun, winning, redemption, self-discovery? What should we watch your confessional space for?
Well it's my first game, so I guess I'm just trying to get a feel for the whole process and see if I can figure out how the heck to do this.

2) Of the characters in the game, including your own, which are your top five favourites and why?
Ahh.. Shady Shin, Don Pianta (who was also on my list; TTYD is a classic), O-Ren Ishii (I considered her, but went with Bill), The Bobfather (I giggle every time), and Vincent Vega.

3) If you had to leave for an extended weekend and needed someone to watch your cat, which of your tribemates would you trust to at least think about checking in? Are you someone your tribemates could trust to watch their cats? Do you like cats?
Cats are great. But from experience I'm not the most... responsible animal owner. Things slip my mind a lot, so I prefer not to take on that responsibility. As for tribemembers I'd trust to take care of my cat... Crystal seems like the resposible type.

4) Who do you most want to work with in this tribe? Who do you want to drop in the nearest firepit? Is there anybody you want to try to get closer to? Is there anybody you want to distance from?
Graham has been someone I wanna work with, he seems alright and I think we've made good impressions on each other. Crystal also feels like she might know what she's doing (inb4 also a first timer) so maybe someone to keep close. Ventriloquist is still on my hit list right now, moreso because of their lackluster challene performance.

5) What question should we ask you to get a better sense of you as a player? Ask yourself here and answer it.
Aahhhh, hard one. I'll think about it and get back to you. I think most of what you need to know about me as a player though is that I'm seriously winging it here. I read a nice little guide on what to do, but for the most part I plan to just play it by ear and see how far my intuition takes me.

Offline Shady Shin

• Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2020, 05:38:01 pm »
So I've asked Bob and Graham about a possible alliance. I was away for the afternoon so hopefully nothing started to form up in the pre-challenge result reveal without me. Crossing my fingers!!!