Author Topic: Your confessional!  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
Re: Your confessional!
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2020, 05:45:47 pm »
Merge might happen at some point in the game. Or maybe it won't, the don's don't tell me nothin'. I just do what I'm told.

But if and when merge does happen, what's your plan be to navigate it?

Offline Bill "The Butcher" Cutting

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
    • I have got my eye on you
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2020, 05:19:35 am »
Merge might happen at some point in the game. Or maybe it won't, the don's don't tell me nothin'. I just do what I'm told.

But if and when merge does happen, what's your plan be to navigate it?
See my previous post.  If everyone cooperates its going to be Bonnango Paglongo time.  I know Pagongs are boring, but they are effective and when you are in the pole position within the alliance they are the proper play so, sorry not sorry.  Of course I will be keeping my ear to the ground and I am nothing if not light on my feet so I will make adjustments to my plans on the fly whenever necessary.
Ears and noses will be the trophies of the day.

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2020, 07:44:25 am »
Let's see.  Genovese has been making it seem like Meyer is on the outs, but Meyer is the most likely person to have the idol.  It is also quite possible they are putting on a show to bait us into voting into that idol.  So I would like to let Genovese believe we are voting Meyer and then shoot our shot at one of the other three.

However, if Meyer really IS on the outs then I want him to come running back to me and Paulie as his two surviving pals from Al Capone's Cool People alliance.  So while we signal to the other three Genovese that we will vote Meyer, Paulie and I could tell Meyer a different Genovese name.  Then we Bonnanos vote for another Genovese altogether, neither Meyer nor the name we have told Meyer.  That way, if Meyer does tip off Genovese to the alternate plan we have told him and THAT person plays the idol, we dodge that too.  But if he votes as he is told he earns trust not just with myself and Paulie but with all the Bonnanos.

Now the last piece of the puzzle is to put this plan into play in a way where I am not the one putting this whole plan into play, because I do not want to see my threat level getting any higher than it already is right now.  Once again I think I am going to feed this to others and let them introduce it to the group.  The 'Signal Meyer, Vote Not-Meyer' plan could go through Shady Shin.  The 'Meyer Trust Vote' plan could go through Paulie.

My ideal scenario is: Tell Genovese we are voting Meyer, tell Meyer we are voting Bobfather, we actually vote out Viola as a way to offer reassurance to Crystal and Shin by evening the numbers again between Gambino and Lucchese.

Offline Don Corneo

• Godfathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2020, 05:54:28 pm »
Don Corneo has some questions for youse:

1. Congratulations on making the merge! That's a huge deal in the world of survivor. It means youse have a high probability of making it all the way to the final tribal council where youse will plead your case to win this game, which is one of the many objectives as a survivor player. Do youse have a plan going forward about how youse will accomplish this yet? If so, what is it? If not, do youse have thoughts about things youse can do to have a case to win over the other members of the merge?

2. Youse are finally meeting everyone in game, some for the second time. Have youse made assessments of your fellow Family Members? Are there some youse trust? Are there some youse distrust? Why or why not? Feel free to give an organization on who youse trust to who youse least trust for Friends of the Family looking to get some insight to your thoughts.

3. The challenges have been a variety of various flash games thus far. Are there any flash games youse are dreading to see in the future? Are there any flash games youse are hoping to see in the future? Which challenge has been your favorite thus far? How about your least? What are the reasons for your responses?

4. Now that youse are merged the construction idol is guaranteed to be somewhere on your new Family. Given that the Construction Idol could potentially be switching hands every twenty four hours, does this give youse any guesses on who may or may not have it at this time? Do you plan to make efforts in obtaining this power yourself or do youse see it as a bit of a crapshoot? Why is that?

5. If youse had your pick of who goes next, who would it be and why? If it's not the person you trust the least, is it a strategic decision as to why youd want someone else out?

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2020, 06:27:30 pm »
I look forward to Bobfather's immunity run of the entire merge

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2020, 08:28:24 pm »
Shin sticking his foot so far into his mouth it is coming out the other end.  Man, if I can just keep him alive here he is becoming an even better endgame opponent.

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2020, 10:33:22 am »
By spreading the privileged information Shin shared with them, the Bobfather probably sunk the person who was most dedicated to trying to work with them.

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2020, 11:02:55 am »
How have things shifted since your first big merge report?  Since that time, Meyer has joined "the program" and I see some references you made to Shin getting himself in trouble.  Care to break down where you plan to go from here?

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2020, 11:24:13 am »
Trying to walk a tightrope and keep Shin in the game despite his boneheadedness

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2020, 12:25:03 pm »
Nobody in this whole entire game is good at being a reassuring communicator

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2020, 11:44:45 pm »
How I feel about Shin

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2020, 04:37:10 pm »
So idk it is weird to be all the way to final seven and still feel like nobody knows what they want at the end, I think it has something to do with all the medevac/replacing/flaking scattered across the mid game.

I wonder if I can beat Paulie in an F2?

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2020, 07:50:23 pm »
Aim for the butcher you best not miss

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2020, 08:18:32 pm »
In my gut I knew this was the round Robster had to go before Shin even disappeared.  Now he has given me just cause and I will not look like a snake for doing it.  Bada bing, bada boom.

• A True American
  • Witness Protection
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2020, 08:39:46 pm »
Robster created a group chat of Rob/Vi/Paulie/Carmine/Bob

Bob told Crystal she and I had been left out of said groupchat, Crystal told me, then Bob told me.

I shook the tree.  Sent semi confrontational messages about it to Paulie (in our trio chat with Crystal), to Robster and Viola.

Bobfather notes that Robster and Viola are seeming rattled.  Paulie claims he was about to tell me but was traveling home from board game night, likely true.  Regardless, it is now very convenient for me to lump all three of them together in The Narrative.

I dig up PMs from my first day in the game to send to Bobfather.  Viola reveals an alliance existed, created by Paulie, between herself, Paulie, Robster and my predecessor the Don.  Al corroborates, says the Don told him about it and Paulie confirmed when confronted but said it was not a real thing.  Al Capone was naive enough to say OK Paulie, and leave it at that.

But even though Paulie threw his lot firmly in with Al, Meyer and me after that, and I am Paulie's number one as the last Cool Guys standing, it is very helpful right now for me to gin up fear of Paulie/Vi/Robster as a trio in the minds of Bobfather and Carmine.  Paulie is immune anyway so this cannot blow back on him right now.

If those three are a trio as I am telling Bob, then Bob and Carmine are walking into a trap at final five by aligning with them.  Ergo, it would be better to get away from them now and use myself and Crystal to split them up while we have the chance.  I may wind up getting Paulie to vote against Robster too, but the numbers would be there without him, assuming I can land this plane I am all the sudden flying towards the runway at 500mph in a dark thunderstorm with no landing gear.

Robster is finally showing up in all of our groupchats saying we need to take our shot at Bob now (too little, too late) and Viola is telling me she just got dragged into this group chat and it is not making any plans anyway, but come on Vi, you do not need an explicit plan to read between the lines of Five People In and Two People Out.  Whatsamattayou?!?

I need Robster out right now because it preserves my two primary alliances with Crystal and Paulie, it isolates Viola and it builds trust with Carmine and Bobfather which will give me the maximum latitude to do whatever is necessary next round.  Also, I need Robster out so that I do not get strung up instead.

Capiche?