Author Topic: Final Tribal Council Discussion  (Read 996 times)

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Final Tribal Council Discussion
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:11:26 pm »
Woooo.

I think Dorothea is the favorite here, but we'll see.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
Re: Final Tribal Council Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 10:20:17 pm »
I'm rooting for Dorothea, although the game bot in me thinks that Shamir is really the only worthy winner after Edelgard's blunder of eliminating Ashe. Dorothea is the peoples champion for sure. But once the speeches and questions start rolling in, will her game be able to stand up to that of Shamir and Edelgard? Head vs Heart maybe. I've seen players with lots of Jury good-will still lose it in the end because they had nothing to show for it. That said, Dorothea is not a goat who only has the good will of the jury on her side, she does have stuff to talk about. There is a difference between not trying to make moves and trying to make moves and failing. Doro falls into the latter category.

This is going to be really fun. NGL I've felt the merge has actually been pretty predictable with lots of pointless ties and arguments over whether a character should go this week or next, so Dorothea landing in the FTC is like the first real exciting unexpected development I've seen so far. I can not wait to watch it!

EDIT: Predictable is the better word, not boring. I don't think any game that has Lorenz could be boring lol.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 10:37:28 pm by Randolph »

Ladislava

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 12:13:59 am »
I think Doro will win, but I'm happy with any of them. Although...

To that end, I'm not going to be messaging Dorothea or Edelgard anymore. From a game theoretic perspective, there's no incentive to.

Shamir proving here why she's such a villain. You've been talking with these people for months! And also they could break the tie so you're wrong. I hate when finalists stop talking to me during FTC, we can still have fun together.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 02:05:40 am »
Talk to me any other time. I'll respond at the same speed I was responding to people here.

Ladislava

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 12:27:09 pm »
I really like Dorothea, but this game has felt like the story of Edelgard and Shamir, so if they are second and third, that's a bit disappointing.

I am excited to see what happens though!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 02:06:05 pm »
Edelgard's speech is too long, but I actually read it and I think the meat of it is mostly pretty good. She needs more paragraph breaks, it's exhausting reading these big blocks of text. I'm not sure she should have admitted that her game was not aggressive. The last spoiler I thought was particularly effective and possibly should have been the whole speech.

Dorothea's is kinda just a placeholder I think. It probably won't annoy anyone at least. Maybe Petra/Hapi will dislike being characterized as shields.

Gatekeeper

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 03:12:34 pm »
EDIT: Predictable is the better word, not boring. I don't think any game that has Lorenz could be boring lol.

If there's ever an All Stars cast that gets made, Lorenz has to be in it tbh. This game was so funny because of it, and like, I think that's something that should get you in on an all stars.
Greetings Reader! o7
Nothing to report!

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 09:32:01 pm »
I like all their opening statements, although I'd rank them:

1) Edelgard
2) Shamir
3) Dorothea

I miss the days of single paragraph opening statements.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 11:35:16 pm »
I really kind of wish I was around for the Shamir vs Hapi drama, it seems spicy.

While I'm still rooting for Dorothea, I do really like some of Edelgard's answers. I'd think shes doing a good job with her answers. If Shamir is really seen as this heartless emotionally monster and Dorothea is seen as a loving, yet ineffectivly butterfly, maybe Edelgard really does have a shot at winning. It's just such a shame that the Ashe vote is now hanging over her head. The benefits of it certainly didn't outweigh the negatives.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 12:41:58 am »
Tell me your best joke!

Lmao, this feels so in character for Caspar I heard it in his game VA.

Atleast its not 'give every jury member a song.' I hate that one.

Ladislava

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 01:42:49 am »
I'm really rooting for Edelgard. Her speech is the best. I think it'd mean the most to her. Come on Jurors, pull through...

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 12:57:34 pm »
I really like Dorotheas answer to Felix's blank slate question. Shows just how strong and smart she was, but was held back by others. It's not that she didn't try which I think is important for the jurors to keep in mind.

So far the only finalist whose FTC I'm not enjoying is Shamir. You came so far dominating the game. This is like the worst time to drop the ball.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2021, 04:17:43 pm »
Dorothea and Edelgard are both slaying out there. This is great to watch :)

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 10:17:12 pm »
Shamir's speech was to Gamebot.
Dorothea's speed was not Gamebot enough.
Edelgard therefore takes it best speech award by managing to convey emotions while actually explaining how her game happened.

Time to read the juror speeches, but I'm not convinced my mind will change as to who is most likely to win after reading the openings.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 11:27:36 pm »
Love that all three are rightfully having anxious attacks in their confessionals.

This is the correct F3 for the game.
But it also probably shows why we should attempt doing a live FTC sometime, this really isn't good for finalists mental health. Although I'm not sure a live FTC would be either.
Survivor in general often isn't really

Lonato

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021, 12:57:49 am »
I just showed up and so my first impression of the finalists was their FTC speeches. Dorothea repeatedly describing herself as a gamebot after the speech is kinda, "I don't think that word means what you think it means." I liked Shamir's but she doesn't seem like she's going to win. Dimitri seems like a real character.

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2021, 07:00:22 pm »
We just got discord DMs from 2 different people who were leaning Edel saying that Raphael's posts were annoying them enough to put them off her a bit

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2021, 07:02:32 pm »
I still think this is going to be mighty close between Edel and Doro. It's really odd that Shamir very much felt like the frontrunner from confs but felt completely behind right from the start of FTC. Goes to show how much FTC matters!

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2021, 07:04:27 pm »
Dorothea played a great social game with most players and has a lot of friends on the jury.  I ask the jury to look at how much Dorothea actually *did* during the game compared to either Shamir or Edelgard.  When it comes to deciding who deserves to be crowned the Sole Survivor, I think it's apparent that Edelgard and Shamir are in a tier of their own.

See you all at the reveal.

I feel like trying to appeal to the jury like this as a juror basically never helps and often hurts (this is coming from someone who has done this more than once >.> ).

Lonato

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2021, 11:06:53 pm »
Gonna try that as reverse psychology someday

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2021, 12:57:26 am »
Dorothea played a great social game with most players and has a lot of friends on the jury.  I ask the jury to look at how much Dorothea actually *did* during the game compared to either Shamir or Edelgard.  When it comes to deciding who deserves to be crowned the Sole Survivor, I think it's apparent that Edelgard and Shamir are in a tier of their own.

See you all at the reveal.

I feel like trying to appeal to the jury like this as a juror basically never helps and often hurts (this is coming from someone who has done this more than once >.> ).

Hot take but you really don't need to make moves in this game to be a powerful player. The fact that Dorothea was even considered as an option by Edelgard to be taken to the end shows her prowess as a social threat and someone who should have been taken out earlier. But she was kept safe by her connections. And considering she actually tried, to place Dorothea below Shamir or Edelgard is a bit respectful. Yes, those two dominated, but more than one way to play the game.

But also yea, never lobby for your favorite on the jury. In fact, best way to handle being a jury member is to simply not post anything in the open discussion and let everyone wonder who you're gonna vote for...

then again i've only been on the jury like twice ever so maybe thats not the best advice  :-*

I think any of these three would be fantastic winners. Yes, I think if this was a narrative show Edelgard or Shamir would be the 'better' winner but Dorothea played a good game and was kept safe till the very end. Social connections can't be understated.

I can't wait for the finale. I'm wondering if the closing comments will sway but right now I'm slightly slightly very slightly rooting for Edelgard because I think overall she had better control and even with her lapse in judgement had a better FTC than Shamir. But I'm also still hoping for Dorothea... and would not be upset with Shamir sniping the win away either.

Aaah! Considering how predictable the merge has been this FTC has been pretty steamy.

Yuri

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2021, 01:47:21 am »
From my very biased perspectives of the game, and having read absolutely nothing since my elimination that wasn't pre-merge, and then FTC(look, going out in the way i did brought up a lot of emotions and I wasn't ready to read all about myself in my place into the game until i knew at least maybe torchwalks would have there be nice things to read), I have no idea how this is going to play out! And that's an exciting thing! I love that the finalists are all people I had decently close relationships with, sad that apparently 2 of them didn't realize they were my tops, but it sounds like the paths they all took to the end were fascinating. Maybe not the actual votes themselves but the inner workings seem interesting. I think I'm rooting most for Dorothea. She's giving off a lot of baby's first FTC vibes here, but I think her style of play during this game from what I've seen is absolutely worthy of a win. But if the jurors don't agree with that, I think Edelgard is the one of the clear duo that wins out for me. Shamir was my girl, but the way she's engaging with some parts of FTC feels very disingenuous and detached in a way that i just don't prefer as much from a winner. Edelgard has the whole package. I think a good example is just how she's still engaging with people AS people and the people they brought to the game as displayed in Dimitri and Felix's threads. There's something incredibly charming about that, she definitely is looking at the have fun rule as much as she is the play to win rule. I do think they would all be valid winners in their own rights, so I do not envy the jurors the decisions they have to be making here.

But also to answer the thoughts expressed by somebody in a thread about what would have happened if they had kept me around instead but these were still the finalists, Edelgard would have my vote I think. Especially if I say just basically changed spots with Hapi.

Ladislava

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2021, 01:57:20 am »
I still think this is going to be mighty close between Edel and Doro. It's really odd that Shamir very much felt like the frontrunner from confs but felt completely behind right from the start of FTC. Goes to show how much FTC matters!

It was clear from what the Jurors said pre-FTC that Shamir was behind imo. But her FTC hasn't helped. Or at least, Dorothea and Edelgard have done better than her at FTC from what I've seen.

Ladislava

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2021, 02:00:45 am »
I'm rooting for Edelgard. FTC has been fun and Dorothea seems like she played well, but without being in the game and not knowing her personally, I'm more invested in Edelgard's journey.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2021, 08:53:26 pm »
Reading the final speeches, I think Edelgard should pick up the votes that were on edge after Raphael's speech.

I am having trouble judging if Shamir's does enough to potentially pick up any votes because it mentions me.
Dorothea won't pick up any new votes based on her closing speech though.