Author Topic: Your Torchwalk  (Read 608 times)

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Your Torchwalk
« on: December 10, 2021, 07:24:43 pm »
Twenty-four players began this game. It is time to pay tribute to your fellow competitors; the Ashen Wolves, the Jury, and those who still yet stand.
Please write something about each competitor in this forum. The following images are provided to help. This must be completed before the end of the Final Four House Tribunal.
Ferdinand
Ingrid

Balthus

Hanneman

Cyril

Annette

Flayn

Lysithea

Alois

Hubert

Mercedes

Yuri

Claude

Hapi

Felix

Dimitri

Lorenz

Caspar

Raphael

Petra

Shamir

Edelgard

Dorothea

Ashe

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
Re: Your Torchwalk
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 09:41:14 pm »

Ingrid
Quote from: Ingrid
Are you sure? It's quite nice of you- are you okay giving up a cross-tribal support?
I only had a very brief time with you this game; I wish I had had more availability during that first tea party. You had been a bit overconfident in your position then, and unfortunately that was really the only impression I got of you. It sounded like your tribemates could've used more messages from you.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 02:17:59 pm by Ashe »

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 09:46:38 pm »
Ferdinand
Quote from: Ferdinand
Also I'm a little impressed that you managed to stay in it for so long! it looked so much like a strategy!
It was; I wanted the advantage. Recurring message but definitely could've benefited if you sent more messages to people; to me it looked like you were online for hours but I wasn't really sure what you were doing. You had left the best initial impression on me of the tribe, if only that was something that lasted.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 09:58:52 pm »

Marianne
Quote from: Marianne
Same here, I'm hoping this will be a fun experience.
Mods didn't leave a colored picture for you but you're getting included anyway. I'm glad you decided to try forum survivor out, and even if it isn't, or perhaps just this particular game wasn't, suited for you that's fine. You were pleasant to talk to for the bit you were in the game though!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 02:19:02 pm by Ashe »

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 10:08:57 pm »
Balthus

Quote from: Balthus
Dorothea seems to want to pry information out of me about who I'm voting for and whether I know who anyone else is voting for and this raised some red flags.
I appreciate you trying to make something happen before going out! But unfortunately you were in a no win situation once when Alois mutinied away. I think you also underestimated the amount people say to each other, as much of what you were targeting Dorothea for was normal conversation stuff in this game.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 10:18:49 pm »
Hanneman

Quote from: Hanneman
So I guess the more interesting question is: who do we enjoy talking to... less?
You've got a good strategic mind for the game but lack socially; In your messages you were very to the point and stopped responding to stuff that wasn't strictly game-related. Regardless, I was rather surprised to see you had been voted out as I had thought you got yourself into a good enough position in that first round of the game.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 08:30:00 am »
Cyril

Quote from: Cyril
And in that case, you would have the power to save me, which I would of course appreciate greatly.
You were definitely booted early for your skill level but the Eagles tribe was just pretty stacked. Apparently you had an alliance with Yuri/Raphael/Dorothea so it's unfortunate for you that Raphael didn't pull through for you then. I never really got a reason to side with you, I just felt better about Edelgard/Raphael than your side. I think it would've been quite a different game with you making swap and likely merge instead of Edelgard.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 09:16:40 am »
Annette

Quote from: Annette
Hiding in abandoned storage houses electrifies!
You were joyous to be around and really good socially for being new to survivor. Once when you get a bit more experience I expect you to place really well in games. All the deer I talked to after your elimination were surprised that you had been voted out. I also liked your code and appreciated your enthusiasm.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 09:24:00 am »
Flayn

Quote from: Flayn
I just realised that I could switch between pages of text 😭
You were the only player this game I never got to meet whether from a tribe or Tea Party. From my understanding you spent a bit too much time posting in public forums and not enough time messaging your tribemates. Don't really have anything else to say but am sad I was just one player short of meeting everyone.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2021, 08:51:00 am »
Lysithea

Quote from: Lysithea
The table flipping is the best part of board games though!
I've discussed it with other members of final five and you getting idoled out was just very unfortunate. I'm glad you were able to step it up after I left the Lions and I was hoping I'd get to see it when I came to Leicester. I know Shamir in particular was looking to make a deep run with you, and although I don't think it would've happened that simply you would've made merge without the idol play.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 09:02:23 am »
Alois

Quote from: Alois
But god damn I just cannot catch a break. Why would you [Annette] even tell someone that??
You really couldn't catch a break. I'm still unsure what happened to get you into that game-ruining feud with Hapi. Lorenz hating you was not your fault from what I can tell. You got shafted out of support connections once or twice, still not sure which. The Eagles were an awful place to start the game with a busy weekend. And in all your time the only true ally you managed to pick up was Lysithea. I would've loved to work with you even if only for a few rounds, but you unfortunately never got to a position where your game wasn't completely on fire.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 09:09:14 am »
Hubert

Quote from: Hubert
I voted Dorothea... clearly you voted Annette
Without a doubt you were the player I was least fair towards this game and I am sorry for that. I had decided I wasn't working with you for reasons completely out of your control prior to your second message to me. I'd like to think things would've played out better between us if we started on the same tribe and thus I didn't already have a strong connection with the most of our tribemates.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 09:19:25 am »
Mercedes

Quote from: Mercedes
like yeah, i ain't really happy with voting Hapi, but you gotta write a name in that confessional at some point
I had been waiting for you to do something to save yourself and it felt like you were waiting for someone to extend a hand to you. It was a bad tribeswap for you but I'm not sure you had a good tribeswap there. I, and most people, remain mystified as to why you gave Lorenz the idol but I'm sure it'll make sense after the game is over.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 10:59:53 am »
Yuri

Quote from: Yuri
Correct. I was honestly like "holy shit, am I about to be blindsided? :0" for a whole minute. It was a little exciting, but I'm glad that didn't happen in the end.
I've tried to picture your reaction but have struggled; I hope you wrote it down either in confessional or spec forum. Your elimination was just an odd round. For me you were too close to Raphael who looked like he was gonna have too much power over the merge; I cast an idol vote on you for the same reason the previous round. You were extremely good at leaving a solid first impression on people, but were unable to really follow that up with many people, as a direct result of you opting to not talk much about game beyond the vote at hand.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2021, 11:11:47 am »
Claude

Quote from: Claude
I guess if I only look for allies with "qualities I consider important in allies", then the whole thing becomes very boring! Sometimes I bore myself most of all! I definitely am guilty of falling into the trap of going through the Survivor motions.
I think there likely will come a day that I admire your willingness, your desire, to stray the norm, going for what looks most enjoyable instead of necessarily what looks optimal. You, Lorenz, and Dimitri was just a very fun trio and probably what I'd have been rooting for as a spec. You would benefit from opening up to people quicker, I think that's a big part of why everyone who met you late in the game was willing to vote for you.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2021, 02:16:45 pm »
Hapi

Quote from: Hapi
Welcome back Ashe. Sorry to drag you back like this
You have had the loudest voice this game. And for the most part, that has been to your benefit, namely in the Alois and Claude votes. However it was also your end, as round after round you were the easiest person for the minority vote to get on, and eventually someone would have an idol. I tried to go as far as I could with you, as you were someone I was confident in trusting and always would feel comfortable expressing my opinion to. It was also remarkable to me how often we agreed on who to vote. Time after time I had left you and was brought back, but I cannot express how nervous I am for this last time.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2021, 02:29:58 pm »
Felix

Quote from: Felix
I was undecided when I went to sleep last night and I'm undecided now.
I wish you had been more expressive with what you wanted instead of me having to hear it through Caspar. We have many similar interests as well as considering the card game that part of me had been thinking we may be able to become merge friends but it didn't quite work out like that. I kinda wish I would have tried to form a support connection with you at Tea Party 6 though realistically it wouldn't have made me trust you much more.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2021, 02:46:39 pm »
Dimitri

Quote from: Dimitri
Yeah, Claude and I are playing chess, so it would be dishonorable to checkmate mid game," he says unsheathing his shield and pointing it to the sky.
I loved the physical descriptions you always gave with what you said. Unfortunately you had pretty much already lost by the time I met you, having an absurd number of people that wanted you out, but I was very happy to help extend your stay in the game a few more rounds. You also seemed very distracted, so to speak, during the game, acting moment to moment rather than trying to plan ahead. Nonetheless, you were still quite enjoyable to play with and talk to.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2021, 07:41:32 pm »
Lorenz

Quote from: Lorenz
Theres a whole heap of shit being spread right now that Ive flipped, that ive leaked plans i know nothing about, including a plan to vote Raph.  Its all lies.  Im voting Shamir tonight, and godwilling im voting the mastermind of the chaos: Edelgard tomorrow
If you aren't the main character of this game then I'm not sure who is. I'm still wrapping my head around how two different people gave you idols. And whether or not you would admit it, you were responsible for a lot of the chaoticness and dynamicness of this game. It's also interesting that all three times you were voted followed your 'biggest' stunts (claiming to make Leicester to target a specific tribe to both tribes, Thanksgiving Rumours, and Saying you'll turn on Raphael then backing out) which suggests you don't actually have to tone down your play all that much to have a reasonable shot of in the future winning or making a FTC.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2021, 07:59:46 pm »
Caspar

Quote from: Caspar
Absolutely ridiculous, isn’t it? Alliances? Strategy? I, for one, would never!!!!!
Looking back at it now, I forgot just how much I liked talking to you, just how much everyone liked talking to you, at the very start of the game. It felt like you had lost a good chunk of your personality by merge; maybe it was the amount of messages, maybe it was my fault and you were as before with everyone else, maybe it was something else. You managed to fly completely under the radar for much of the merge, I'm not really sure if you had much of a win path but you reaching FTC was looking very likely prior to the round you went out which is a big accomplishment on its own.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2021, 09:14:18 pm »
Raphael

Quote from: Raphael
Oh, so you voted for me then?

May I ask why?  I thought we serious had a good thing going.
I believe you were at the top of this game at final 14 and the bottom at final 7, with a gradual descent in between. From the start it was clear you were a very good player and an experienced one at that. I'm still amazed at the way you handled the F10 revote as well as all aspects of the leader role. It took way way more planning and rounds of play to get to a gamestate where you could be gotten rid of than it does for any other player.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2021, 09:45:12 pm »
Petra

Quote from: Petra
If you not want to say I okay with that but thinking I just want to make good of connection and make sure that someone you still feeling of the good about.
You were always very considerate of what others wanted; Too considerate imo but we've had that disagreement already. Though it is great to always know that I'll be heard by someone. I was disappointed to see you idoled out, as I had been planning to go to FTC with you since the formation of Happy Gang; I still don't know if that would've been a huge mistake for me or not. I enjoyed your language gimmick and appreciated getting to work with you.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2021, 08:00:19 am »
Dorothea

Quote from: Dorothea
I hope this all helps explain things a little and doesn't stress you out more.  Caspar is on your side and definitely wouldn't try anything while he is in danger.
You have had such a high energy for this game! A very strong social player and not lacking strategically either. It makes it so hard to do things that hurt you lol. Like F7 the Caspar vote I knew you would have big pushback to me voting out Caspar there which is something I just didn't know how to handle. Very much a joy to play with and I just hope you didn't get too emotionally involved in the outcome.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2021, 08:50:33 am »
Edelgard

Quote from: Edelgard
Was that more of a secret than I thought? If you look at the calendar there's a link on the release date of Fire Emblem Three Houses called Moving the Immovable. This hints to look at The Immovable's profile and see the image file in its personal text. It leads to a fairly extensive hunt and Cephrir being a very good kitty.
You always came across as very on top of the game's items and likely to win challenges. So much so that you were being described as a gamebot in the early days. It was nice to get to talk survivor with you. You also did a lot better at connecting with people than I typically gave you credit for; Which is the reason you were able to fly through most of the merge without being targeted.

Ashe

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2021, 05:35:11 pm »
Shamir

Quote from: Shamir
No, you're not dust, you're an Eagle now! See? The dust is the rest of them! Shake the dust your talons and take to the skies!
Since meeting you I've felt really good about my connection to you and you've always been among my favorite people to talk to. We navigated both the Eagles and Army together (along with three trio alliances), and you're a very impressive player. I wouldn't be sad in any way to lose to you here but am obviously gonna do my best to make that not the case.