Author Topic: Episode 18 Discussion  (Read 531 times)

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
Episode 18 Discussion
« on: December 08, 2021, 01:16:11 am »
That was anti-climatic. I know it made no sense to go to rocks when you had an idol but still. I kinda get it though if I was in Raphael's situation. Having to wait a full 24 hours at this point is kinda killer but still.

So either Dorothea or Petra is done this round which BREAKS MY HEART. Props to Shamir/Edelgard tho for making it to the very last round to use their idol. And hey I guess we have one lock in for a Shamir win with Raphael!

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 18 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 01:26:33 am »
Although tbh I don't know if Raphael would actually vote for Shamir, he just seemed pissed at Ashe/Edel at the moment.

Ashe looking more and more like the one to beat unless he completely falls apart in the FTC.

Is there anyone Shamir can realistic beat at this moment? It seems even if she played a better game, she and Edelgard have been working together so long that I don't really see why anyone would feel she is the 'better' option between the two.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 07:58:09 am »
I'm counting that exit as rocks anyway.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 08:12:43 am »
So people are going to probably be disappointed when idols are still valid at F5, except that one idol wasn't

But advantageggon is something that needs avoided. And knowing how idols were in fact planned, I believe it's totally fine how they ended up going.

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 11:21:55 am »
We've seen in confs that Raph, Doro, Petra all consider Shamir to have the best shot at getting their vote at the end (at least, when Doro-Petra thought that neither of them would make it). Obviously Edel probably would vote Shamir too.

It's interesting! I think it's because Shamir played to be in the best position of the pair pre-FTC, keeping as many players who liked her in the game as possible.

Shamir has a decent shot at the win as long as the FTC is Shamir-Edel-Ashe I think. But it'll take some apologising to all the people she burned earlier.

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 11:25:46 am »
...also she may lose Raph's jury vote when she plays the idol she stole from him R1, and then didn't play on him despite knowing her alliance had another one and knowing that Ashe was forcing the tie. The whole 'I won't flip' jury management kinda loses its meaning after that.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 01:47:58 pm »
Oh my gosh it would have been so sick if doro pulled that and forced rocks. Potential game winning move for her, too. :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:48:29 pm by Rhea »

Gatekeeper

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 10:30:13 pm »
@mods - am i allowed to attempt the challenge? crytpograms is my shit
Greetings Reader! o7
Nothing to report!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 10:38:09 pm »
Sure

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 03:41:38 am »
Oh my gosh it would have been so sick if doro pulled that and forced rocks. Potential game winning move for her, too. :(
Yeah pity Raph just assumed one person flipping meant the other side wouldn't risk the rocks.
I'm fairly sure Doro was only voting Ralph because she and Petra had been unable to convince Ashe to vote Edel.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 04:31:01 am »
Dorothea is playing chess while the rest are playing tic-tac-toe. pore girl keeps teasing us with blindsided only to have the others turn their nose up at it.

I hope you all right about Shamir, she'd be my pick to win of the three most likely to get there. But either her or Edie would make decent winners.

Still sending Dorothea all my love for a last minute immunity run. Although Petra could sneak in too I suppose

Tbh i guess the only contestant I'm not feeling is Ashe. I'm hoping the jury appreciates the game of Edie/shamir more than their dislike for their strategy.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 04:07:09 pm »
if dorothea is smart, she will pretend she totally fucked up the challenge rather than admit she nearly won.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 04:14:53 pm »
somewhat excited for next round, where we will see edelgard vs. edelgard as she argues with herself about whether to cut shamir

i think she probably shouldn't, but i'm far from certain. it's a tough call for sure, if she gets to make it.

but, i think the challenge is likely to favor shamir, which would be boring.

Gatekeeper

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2021, 01:48:08 pm »
Tragic round this round with 3/5 people being immune
Greetings Reader! o7
Nothing to report!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 02:11:53 pm »
Yeah maybe whoever said I hate f5 idols (not really true) has a point

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2021, 06:30:15 pm »
This whole idol debate would have been solved if you'd told Lorenz when Mercedes idol expired. Obviously he was playing it that round, but details like that seem to have been forgotten.

So now the basis of it is expiring at merge because of when Mercedes had to give it out.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2021, 06:49:52 pm »
Wait Edie is leaking the idol before the ceremony? Nooo.