Author Topic: 6th place & 6th Juror: Raphael  (Read 1612 times)

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
Re: 6th place & 6th Juror: Raphael
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2021, 03:12:09 pm »
And to be honest, I did try for Edelgard first.  But I got more traction on you, so I went for it.  I had 4 votes lined up, and all Ashe had to say was yes, and Dimitri was safe.  Ironically, at the end Dimitri asked me who to vote, but it was too late to get everyone back on board, with Dimitri in place of Ashe.  If I'd asked Dimitri just 2 hours earlier, it could have worked.  The others didnt want to predict what Dimi would do, so maybe it wouldn't have worked.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 03:13:09 pm by Lorenz »

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2021, 03:58:18 pm »
Yeah for whatever reason Ashe was super committed to me and Petra. We were closely aligned from the beginning. But I don’t think he realizes how much it hurt his game to try to flip flop

Felix

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2021, 05:02:43 pm »
I am curious to see Ashe's read on the game though I'm not sure what he can actually do to sway me. Also it's nice to read up on things from the people who actually had good info on the game state. I'm curious what happens in the world where Lorenz tells Hapi she's being idoled and Shamir actually goes.

Oh also where were the idols actually hidden?

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2021, 05:11:13 pm »
There was a hidden link in Anna Shop, the launchdate puzzle in the rules (check the mispelled words) as well as seteths puzzle. And there was a hidden link in the rules too. If this actually was anything we dont yet know

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2021, 05:11:53 pm »
Im assuming for now the idol nullifier was in annas shop

Mercedes got an idol on exile island
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 05:12:18 pm by Lorenz »

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2021, 05:32:29 pm »
I noticed the missing letters in the rules but couldn’t never figure out what to do with it.

I feel like the game might have been differently if I knew I was getting idol.

Were people actually scared of me?

Raphael

• Jury
  • Big Kurtis Blow Fan Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2021, 05:36:21 pm »
I wasn't scared of you per se, but I could tell that out of the you/me/Petra/Dorothea/Lorenz group of five that you/Petra/Dorothea were clearly on the top, and Shamir had actually been my closest ally before the tribe swap so I wasn't crazy about you targeting her.

Felix

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2021, 05:40:31 pm »
I know Edel kept pitching you as the big scary serial killer that was going to murder all her friends and then her, which I didn't buy at all (and quite possibly ensured I'd never have Edel's support in the future but we don't have to get in to my obvious game mistakes), but like, from what I can tell it was a genuine feeling. To be honest I always figured you'd end up sacrificed on the Big Moves altar sooner or later so I wasn't scared at all.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 06:04:23 pm »
The missing letters in the rules anagram to LAUNCHDATE, which if you look in the calendar has an entry on the launchdate for the nintendo game, that says a name, look up that name in the member list and the profile has a link to an image, and that image has a URL.  It has three puzzles to solve, solve all three first and you get the prize. Claude solved puzzles 1 and 2 while i worked on puzzle 3.  It was confirmed someone beat us to the answer already when we posted the three answers in our confessionals.  I never understood puzzle number 2.  The answer was
Spoiler
Exnine.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 06:09:57 pm by Lorenz »

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2021, 06:16:01 pm »
lol I skipped the LAUNCHDATE thing and just saw the profile link first.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2021, 06:24:02 pm »
I spent a long time thinking it was 2 separate puzzles because i also found the profile first, but also the page had a link to the Rick Astley Rickroll video.  So i was guessing the launchdate of that video, the original song in my confessional. 

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2021, 06:25:10 pm »
Quite frankly, id rather spend my day solving the puzzles and treasure hunting than actually playing survivor lol

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2021, 06:58:31 pm »
I wasn't scared of you per se, but I could tell that out of the you/me/Petra/Dorothea/Lorenz group of five that you/Petra/Dorothea were clearly on the top, and Shamir had actually been my closest ally before the tribe swap so I wasn't crazy about you targeting her.

Honestly the main reason why I targeted her and subsequently Lorenz, was just the amount of drama and issues that had happened that round. I kind of was just fed up with it all.

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2021, 07:01:03 pm »
I know Edel kept pitching you as the big scary serial killer that was going to murder all her friends and then her, which I didn't buy at all (and quite possibly ensured I'd never have Edel's support in the future but we don't have to get in to my obvious game mistakes), but like, from what I can tell it was a genuine feeling. To be honest I always figured you'd end up sacrificed on the Big Moves altar sooner or later so I wasn't scared at all.

I was really trying to not for that to happen, but there is only so much you can do.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2021, 08:32:32 pm »
Man, thats two challenges in a row id have loved.  Site hunting and now a cryptology challenge

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2021, 09:01:14 am »
Man, thats two challenges in a row id have loved.  Site hunting and now a cryptology challenge

Feel free to try the challenge if you're bored!

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2021, 04:09:52 pm »
With Edie immune it would be nice to see Ashe here but it's probably going to be Petra.

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2021, 05:37:11 pm »
If Ashe goes here, they’re basically handing the game to Petra or Dorothea I think.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2021, 06:23:01 pm »
I have to come up with something decent to ask the surviving players, because right now, I'm probably still voting Edelgard for the win, but ... I can be swayed I think.  At the very least, by Raph's own admission she just took the harder path, and that is a good thing if she makes it to the final 3.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2021, 06:24:43 pm »
Incidentally my idol was only able to be played till Final 6, and it said something like "Unlike normal idols, which can be played to top 5".  If Hubert truly didnt take the Launchdate idol with him, we can expect to see it played shortly

Edit:  We now also know this idol to be called the Fetters of Dromi
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:26:00 pm by Lorenz »

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2021, 07:16:44 pm »
If Ashe goes here, they’re basically handing the game to Petra or Dorothea I think.

Not necessarily.

At any rate it would be hilarious if Ashe galaxy-brained himself from a guaranteed FTC appearance to fifth place.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2021, 07:59:15 pm »
Quote from: Edelgard
You know, for all the idol-related terrorism he put us through, it's Lorenz that picked keeping us together? Thanks Lorenz.

I want partial credit for drafting in a way where I knew either they would be together or I would get easy boot Hubert on my tribe.

Petra

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2021, 08:47:41 pm »
During the F7 round I felt like I was suddenly alone. Ashe/You/Petra/Dorothea was a very real possibility of just getting rid of me/Edelgard/Shamir.  And the offered group of me/You/Petra/Dorothea was very obviously a quartet that would have had me on the very bottom. So I concluded my only option was to convince Ashe that he would absolutely lose an FTC against any pair of Caspar/Dorothea/Petra because you all considered him a goat, but working together we could both make it to FTC and have cases to win.  Finally, there was a very real chance that you all were just trying to get me to move my vote off of you in case of an idol. So ultimately the Edelgard vote didn't make sense for me to do.

I can be of see where you make of this decisionry, but all of roundings Ashe make us of thinking he going to be of join us of vote for you, and then change of mind of Caspar. It be of that point I have to be of deciding to be of let of Caspar go or I have to make of potential of connectioning. Edel and Shamir lie to you multiple of roundings! We having of all female alliancings known of Brigade of Purpling Widows and it always plan to be of take out of men, however I knowing I be of shit position unless I do of something so I make of extension of olive branch to you and be of genuine of work with you and you literally not take of chance to vote of someone with idol of pocket! That our one of shot not to make of this exacting of situation and I much of honest with you about that and you literally throw of it back of my face!

It all of the fine now, but let it be of note I try to be of change of things.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2021, 09:18:19 pm »
Okay but it's not enough for you to tell me afterwards that Shamir and Edie are lying. If you wanted to get me on board you should have, you know, told me about some of these lies or mentioned the existence of this Purple Widow alliance.

As it was I had been informed by multiple people that you were planning of voting for me and you did absolutely nothing to dissuade me of that notion.