Author Topic: Episode 13 Discussion  (Read 657 times)

Gatekeeper

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
Episode 13 Discussion
« on: November 27, 2021, 08:11:54 pm »
ego
Greetings Reader! o7
Nothing to report!

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 13 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 08:23:23 pm »
cackling at at lorenz trying to fake having the idol from anna's shop to shamir

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 08:32:07 pm »
I do wonder how much of the stuff happening that round was because of people like Lorenz not celebrating Thanksgiving.
And given Shamir & Hapi were also pretty active over the period, in guessing they might not have been celebrating as well.

The Power probably now lies with Shamir/Edelgard and their idols. Just a matter of whether or not Lorenz is just taken out as the straightforward vote, or if other complications are now occurring from that 6-5 vote.

Tomas

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 09:56:45 am »

Tomas

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 09:59:11 am »
at this point I'm just rooting for the shadel ship they're the most adorable pair I've ever seen (+ their confessionals are pretty much the most consistently-updated sources around which is really nice)

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 10:17:02 am »
Everyone else is actually pretty good at updating their confessionals as well tbh.

The only one I feel like I have a problem with is Dimitri, and that's because I don't understand third person.

Tomas

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 11:38:55 am »
Everyone else is actually pretty good at updating their confessionals as well tbh.

The only one I feel like I have a problem with is Dimitri, and that's because I don't understand third person.
Easier shufflespeak than understanding is :nod

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 08:30:10 pm »
I think this challenge goes to one of the two that used a mirror (or at least that's what it seems like to me) for their submissions.

With runner ups being the hand drawn artwork.

Although I'm also pretty mystified by the lack of submission from some of them. But I can't seperate those people at all.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 09:55:47 pm »
I take it Petra submitted over discord then, as I don't even know what her picture looks like

But other than that I agree with the judges choices as per above.

I think really that chess piece made it all the better.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 02:40:39 am »
many players' plans may put caspar in a central position towards the end with a potential battle for his soul in the works, except actually he should be stabbing all of them to keep ashe/dimitri around instead.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 02:49:27 am »
but maybe he'll surprise me in the win equity department. he entered merge seen as felix's second vote and maybe the least relevant player in the game and has quickly become very relevant, so he's clearly doing something right.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 07:46:56 pm »
ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS

(i think this probably ends with ashe flipping -- fmpov, it seems like everyone else at least SHOULD be pretty locked in here -- but you never know what lorenz will do)

Gatekeeper

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 07:47:54 pm »
I thought the vote was going to Dimitri
Greetings Reader! o7
Nothing to report!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 07:54:11 pm »
despite everything that seemed to happen this round, the sides are actually exactly the same as last time.

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 08:45:51 pm »
Quote from: Dimitri
He laughs, "The mods sure love giving me a heart attack, though.

you are indeed correct, dimitri!

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 10:42:42 pm »
This was an interesting turn off events.

I'm pretty sure it ends up with Dimitri going.

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 10:44:00 pm »
Hi everybody. In typical Fire Emblem fashion, your late game recruit has finally arrived. I'm actually quiet mad at myself for not knowing this game was going on, I absolutely adore Three Houses. Glad to see my Emperor and Nephew are still kicking. Can anyone give me a quick run down on how things are going right now? I'm going to start delving into old confessionals tomorrow during work but seeing as the game is already half over if there is anything really fun I should look for please let me know.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 10:48:11 pm »
lol guess i have to resize that avatar

well, we're tied 5-5 right now, so that's exciting! shamir and edelgard are both the villains and the best narrators. lorenz is a train wreck who's correctly idoled twice <3

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 10:52:30 pm »
That sounds scarily in character for all three of them, can't wait to start reading.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 10:52:59 pm »
probably fair to call yuri the premerge shock value boot, even though it ended up unanimous they seemed well positioned so that was a surprise! i'm still broken up over annette tho honestly (this game had a lot of newbies and most of them are gone :( )

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2021, 12:30:35 am »
Bummer to hear about the loss of new players so early... hope they come back to try again!

I think I got caught up so here are some thoughts.

This episode being another deadlock tie is kind of hilarious since it seems for the vast majority of the cast they honestly don't care who goes between the two. I don't blame Lorenz for swapping. I'm wondering how much of that was Felix's pushing him as opposed to Lorenz trying to play chaotic.

If Dimitri leaves, I think Ralph may be in a pretty bad place. Edelgard and Shamir don't really seem to want to go long term with them, they seem more interested in the Purple Windows group, Ashe seems content to stick with Doro/Petra/Caspar. Basically it seems none of his allies really have his back? That's kinda sad.

What is putting Shamir and Edie on top are their idols, but it actually looks like Dorothea and Petra might be in the best postion overall if Ashe is really sticking with them over anyone else. Caspar is a huge wild card though, I want to prod him with questions to find out where his loyalties really lie cause atm he looks like he is in one of the best postions in the game, protected by the Purple Window and the Happy Group with only Lorenz, Felix and Ralph not really connected to him.. Shamir seems to think Caspar will warn her if votes come her way? Did I read that right about a favor... hm.

It also doesn't really seem like anyone that Lorenz is swapping too other than Felix really cares much for him sooo.. Maybe Lorenz will try and make a power play and have it blow up in his face next round? Hahaha. I'm like half expecting Ralph to try and go on a crusade against Lorenz but I think he should be smart enough to realize thats a terrible move.
Normally, I would think that the best move next round would be for the outcasts here (felix, lorenz, ralph, shamir, edie) try and focus in on Ashe, since he is the sketchiest and not connected to really either of the Purple Window or Ralph's group. I assume that Caspar and Ashe seem dead set on the the Happy Group or what.

My top contenders would have to be a combo of Shamir, Edie, Dorothea, and Caspar right now. But Shamir and Edie are only really in as good of a place because they have idols and don't seem to be willing to betray each other yet. NGL I really hope one of them gets blindsided or panic idols. Petra is also in a good place but it seems like she is a bit more ... kind flakey at the moment? I dunno. Ashe is in a good place because of his connection with Petra/Doro but it seems weird he would group of Edie/Shamir/Ralph/Lorenz considering Felix is a non-issue. He might be bringing a target on his back that he otherwise wouldnt have. Ralph seems like a good player but kind of in a bad position.

I'm excited to watch the full thing next round though should be more fun seeing it in real time and help get a better picture of it all.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:32:20 am by Randolph »

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2021, 12:35:11 am »
Oh as I post it seems Lorenz has switched his vote back to Felix.

ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2021, 12:37:00 am »
Actually you should make them draw Crest Stones instead. Crest of Flames wins ;D

Randolph

• Knights of Seiros
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2021, 01:32:20 am »
Since Lorenz swapped his vote back to Felix, I guess its on Ashe here if he shows his hand with Doro/Petra or commits to the team rocks. Considering Petra/Doro/Casper are all secretly with Shamir and Edie as well, I think its really a lose lose for him. If he switches to Felix, isn't there a chance that he might lose the protection of Petra/Doro/Caspar? But if he keeps it on Dimitri he basically caught in a lie with his team rocks.

Despite that the two players on the block are basically non-factors going forward it seems this round might be what shapes up the end game for a smooth ride or a turbulent power struggle. Maybe. I dunno. I should go re-watch past episodes now.

Love you all.

EDIT: He voted while I was posting why does this happen to me.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:33:17 am by Randolph »

Mercedes

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2021, 01:41:40 am »
ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS
Do not try to talk with me about anything even remotely linked to fire Emblem, i'll just go "haha yeah, permadeath something something... church?" and then ignore you forever

you have been warned