Author Topic: 21st Place: Hanneman  (Read 374 times)

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
21st Place: Hanneman
« on: November 05, 2021, 07:05:22 pm »
Aw geez, yeah I didn't think this would happen going into this tribal and I'm bummed to see it! I was excited to see what more you were bringing to this game because I was enjoying it thoroughly so far!

Sorry to see you here, Hanneman. I'm sorry to say there is no returnee twist or anything. Please let us know if you would like spectator access, we are happy to provide!

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
Re: 21st Place: Hanneman
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 07:15:11 pm »
I'm so sad about this. I think you actually played really well for a first time and got screwed over by your tribemates making a mistake. Might have helped to be more explicit to people that you wanted to align with them, but still, this is just the wrong choice for them imo. I hope you'll come back ;~;
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:16:20 pm by Rhea »

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 07:44:04 pm »
Same :( You gave a better overview of the game in your confessional than most of the old guard players and I really liked reading your perspective. I had you ranked as the new player most likely to do the best, actually right up until it suddenly turned on you here. I still don't entirely get why that happened.

I think you had a different way of communicating with people than the players here are used to (I ran into the same issue when I started playing Survivor games here, so I think it might just be a Diplomacy thing) and that meant you didn't make strong enough connections with the players who made the alliance that was running the tribe. It sounds like Hapi really didn't want Lysithea gone, Petra/Caspar really didn't want Alois gone, and you were the compromise that wouldn't annoy anyone. Felix wanted to keep you but it sounds like it was going too hard the other way and he didn't want to risk his own position.

I really hope you play again!

Sothis

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 07:45:04 pm »
Blue Lions keeping the two players who tried to mutiny this phase over you will almost certainly backfire on them, I think. But then I guess they don't know that those two players tried to mutiny.

Hanneman

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 12:26:36 am »
I think I called it in my confession, I must have started playing too hard. I probably should have just been more content with the easy vote that was Alois instead of trying to shake things up. During this entire tribal, everyone was like "I don't want to cross Hapi, I don't want to cross Hapi" so I suppose I should have treaded lighter than I did. I'm really surprised just how aligned everyone is though to Hapi though. I thought caspar was my main man but I guess that feeling was not mutual.

I reckon I will play again! 21st is a shameful finish ;)

I would love spectator access.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:28:01 am by Hanneman »

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 12:44:51 am »
I'm trying something a little funky with your permissions, so let me know if this doesn't actually work to give you spectator access.

Rhea

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 01:19:48 pm »
By the way, please don't post in confessionals even though you can! We should have mentioned that!

Hanneman

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 09:07:16 pm »
By the way, please don't post in confessionals even though you can! We should have mentioned that!

Oh sorry, I thought I was allowed to since I am now a spectator.

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 01:51:51 pm »
Our apologies, we should have made it clear that players who become spectators must refrain from posting in confessionals.

If you do have questions for the players, I am happy to relay them as long as they are not revealing of anything they should not know, of course.

Hanneman

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 11:10:26 pm »
Got it.

Lysithea

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 11:33:42 am »
Sorry for my part in your elimination. While I didn't actually feel connected to any of Blue Lions because of my activity levels, I was easily the last connected to you, so I was eager to do so when Caspar brought up the idea that you were less than connected.

Had he not actually mentioned you, I'd probably have been attempting to take a back seat again at that tribal.

I don't like voting out new players, but when I've made myself highly attractive first boot and it doesn't happen, I had to find time to actually start playing.

Hanneman

• Ashen Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 11:21:08 pm »
Sorry for my part in your elimination. While I didn't actually feel connected to any of Blue Lions because of my activity levels, I was easily the last connected to you, so I was eager to do so when Caspar brought up the idea that you were less than connected.

Had he not actually mentioned you, I'd probably have been attempting to take a back seat again at that tribal.

I don't like voting out new players, but when I've made myself highly attractive first boot and it doesn't happen, I had to find time to actually start playing.

No worries! It was definitely me or you that tribal. I think I have mostly myself to blame for starting to work against the highly esteemed Hapi (as I tried to shift the vote away from Alois who Hapi really wanted out initially). Caspar's stab was brutal though, I really wanted to work with him long-term.

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 12:23:50 pm »