Author Topic: The Leaders' Chat  (Read 5899 times)

Seteth

• Nabatea
    • View Profile
The Leaders' Chat
« on: November 02, 2021, 08:37:26 pm »
Welcome to your secret new power. A 3-Way Support Link that will last indefinitely. You may communicate here with each other. Please note that you may not PM each other while on separate houses as normal.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:44:29 am by Rhea »

Raphael

• Jury
  • Big Kurtis Blow Fan Here
    • View Profile
Re: The Leader's Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 08:40:15 pm »
Hello, everyone!

First order of business: Are we going to keep this Support Link a secret or not?  It's more interesting if we do, but if word is going to spread no matter what then maybe we get in front of it.

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 08:44:33 pm »
I’m down to keep it a secret. Though I know the strongest links have their secret link too.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 08:46:45 pm »
Yeah I told everybody about that because they knew I got a prize and there was no way it wasn't going to come out later. Here there are already public prizes they know about so maybe it's different?

I don't know, it's not a huge deal but it's worth discussing.

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 09:08:51 pm »
Yeah I think it’s worth keeping it a secret since it’s public knowledge who was elected leaders.

How’s Ashe handling things?

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 09:09:03 pm »
I'm down for it being secret personally.

Hi I am Lorenz!   My you look strong there Raphael :) 

You guys did so well at the quiz!  Some of my team were shattered after that!

*Edit: Their vs There.  Ugh.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:09:30 pm by Lorenz »

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 09:14:22 pm »
I'm into trivia, but only a minor way.  I like sketching and drawing, and I enjoy weird things like cricket.  I'm from the southern hemisphere, and heading toward summer, though today is unseasonably cold. 

My biggest claim to fame was I knew a person who interned for CBS, and I suggested to them an idea for the survivor TV show.  He put it forward and they adopted it.  I'm not supposed to share that, but it was years ago now.  He told me in advance which episode to watch out for, and I was stunned when it happened.

How about you all?  Anything interesting you would like to share.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 09:21:12 pm »
Ashe is doing well!  He hasn't had a ton of time to talk to everybody but people are liking what they see so far.  How is Alois? We were a little surprised he left but nobody really blames him; he was gone for pretty much the entire first day and nobody is going to fault him for taking a mulligan.

Thank you, Lorenz. We were actually worried because we had a player completely disappear in the middle of the round when their internet connection failed and it cost us a huge bank.  Petra and Hubert implied that your TCs were pretty easy, so I'm glad things haven't been too stressful for you two.

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 10:33:53 pm »
My tribe with the weakest link... Was rough. The final battle came down to me and Petra. Though it would have been cool to win that. Alonis is doing great over here. He told me that he was worried about being the first one to be voted out on your tribe or something because of his inactivity during halloween? I was very surprised that Ashe flipped tbh. I did consider him one of my closest people on this tribe.

Yeah, our first TC was kind of uneventful. We had three inactives to start out the game, so that was a time. That may have been why Ashe jumped ship? I couldn't be completely sure though. Ferdinand, Marianne, and Lysithea were all inactive in that first phase. I tried to help Ferdinand push in the right direction for him to survive but he didn't take the advice.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 10:44:27 pm »
Actually I've been wondering what the winners of that won. I've been reluctant to ask, as I got to the final 2, but got tipped out in the finale with two insane questions:  One about a 1930s children's character who married his cousin, and one about the first black female author to win a nobel prize.   I guessed Gruffalo for the former, and stupidly guessed Michelle Obama for the latter, before realising the word 'Author' kinda killed that. 
(Edit: If I remember the order correctly - i might not be)

Our first tribal council was quite hard.  We didn't have an obvious first candidate, everyone was friendly and chipping in.  In the end we went with the least responsive person overall.

So what's the story with the mutinies?  I'd be surprised right now, perhaps naively, if anyone mutinied in our tribe.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:45:15 pm by Lorenz »

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 10:47:23 pm »
We only had 1 overtly inactive, but she picked up a lot once she realised her name was being bandied around.  She made amends multiple times over and we all changed our minds.  The person who did go was simply the least responsive, and that was... somewhat unfair.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 10:52:03 pm »
The prize for the Strongest Link was another Support Chat between the three of us, so Me/Petra/Hubert have talked a little bit. Granted, it wasn't much because obviously both of them were preoccupied.

The mutinies are interesting because I would have figured that the real prize from the tea party was the possible support chat and that flipping to a new tribe would basically be volunteering to get voted out.  However, it sounds like Alois is doing fine and nobody wants to vote out Ashe as far as I can tell so it looks like I was mistaken.

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 10:58:43 pm »
I had also bid 99 points last round, so losing the ability to go to Tea Parties isn't hurting me too much.

In the F2 we got all the way to the tie breaker question. Though now that Felix and Alonis has join the tribe hasn't felt too inactive so that has been really nice.

Are there any inactives on your side right now Raphael?

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 11:07:33 pm »
Nobody is inactive in the sense that we are all here but in terms of content let's just say Ashe isn't in any danger of going home tonight.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 11:10:19 pm »
I have 100 points left, unused :D  I didn't want to go to the tea party as I thought doing so would paint a target on my own back.  Now I wish I had used 99 off the bat.  Did anyone from our tribe even attend?  I haven't even thought to ask about it.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2021, 12:21:33 am »
Ingrid did, and supposedly her and Alois tried to get the support.  There's a possibility that Ashe and Alois have it, though.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
Re: The Leaders' Chat
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2021, 01:24:39 am »
Wait, Ingrid who we voted out, was at the tea party when she was eliminated?  Yikes!  We voted her out to inactivity...  her activity was elsewhere?!?  Yikes. That casts a different light on things

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2021, 01:28:17 am »
I noticed that she had the highest postcount of all the players at the time of her elimination. My impression based on that and what Hubert was implying was that she was a player who overvalued public interactions to the exclusion of private ones.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2021, 01:49:12 pm »
Barring any idol surprises this should be a unanimous vote on Balthus.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2021, 02:28:05 pm »
I'm very thankful you told me what you told me about Ingrid, Raphael.  I've realised I'm the opposite.  I've been largely ignoring the Mess Hall and talking to the people in my tribe pretty much exclusively.  My gameplay was equally as bad as Ingrid's but in the other direction. Could lead to problems for me personally later, so thank you for making me realise that!

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 02:47:28 pm »
Yeah, you have to find an equal balance of both. Which can be hard at times, because you don't want to be seen as an invisible person for your lack of public posting to the others. You want to be seen as someone that people can trust and have fun interacting with.

Raphael

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 02:54:25 pm »
I don't need everybody to want to be my bestie because of the Mess Hall but there's no downside into reminding everybody that I exist, especially in a game where the main twists seem to involve cross-tribal communication.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 04:29:49 pm »
Well you both must have achieved the trustworthiness pretty well, because all 3 tribes chose a leader in less than 3 minutes. 

Hapi

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 06:26:19 pm »
I mean, I literally volunteered as soon as I saw the challenge. We really didn't want to go to tribal especially since we had two new people that we needed to connect with.

Lorenz

• Jury
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2021, 06:48:00 pm »
Interesting. I was named before i even finished reading the rules for the challenge heh