Shell Game (Day 4)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5375 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 5368, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5361, Hermit Crab wrote: Also I totally missed 5149 but want to call it town.
That was so 2 pages ago man
that was so 8 pages ago

:blossom:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5376 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I guess being a traitor instead of group scum could explain the difference in his ability to get going.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5377 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5375, Sunflower wrote:
In post 5368, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5361, Hermit Crab wrote: Also I totally missed 5149 but want to call it town.
That was so 2 pages ago man
that was so 8 pages ago

damn, you right
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #5378 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by Firebagel »

Heck with you guys, there's nothing wrong with my reasoning on Gypyx. Lacking the vital bit of information about her just having been in a game with best friends (or rather more precisely, town informed neighbors) does not make my logic dumb or bad and I don't appreciate the smear attempts.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5379 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by Sunflower »

they're not smear attempts we're saying it's a towny thought to have

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #5380 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 5378, Firebagel wrote: Heck with you guys, there's nothing wrong with my reasoning on Gypyx. Lacking the vital bit of information about her just having been in a game with best friends (or rather more precisely, town informed neighbors) does not make my logic dumb or bad and I don't appreciate the smear attempts.
Uh, did anyone say that? Point it out, maybe I missed it?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5381 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5238, Gypyx wrote: csf, while i haven't realized it yet, claimed miller,
Wasn't this something that happened on the first few pages of the game
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #5382 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I mean I forgot about it for a while too, it's sorta something that just slides into the background under the 216 pages.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5383 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Most of us (me, hermit, and fireisredsir) just said that it made you more likely to be town.

But I think that Dunn
might have called it dumb
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5384 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Firebagel »

and are totally smears, just 'cause there's a townread in there doesn't also make it a smear to go "wow that's so dumb it might be towny" :evil:
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5385 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:23 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 5374, morph the cat wrote: I'm fine moving on given than experience has peaced out once things got to be about them.

Once we get our colored shiny list in order, naturally, but the AD data is relevant to a LOT of the other slots swirling around.

We're all agreed that if EXP flips town we're killing the everloving shit out of sunflower, and then if that don't end it, the wolfy twink, aye?
I'm likely to be very upset if things go south but whatever no use getting worked up over it before it has happened
super secret alt
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #5386 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 pm

Post by morph the cat »

It's more a hedge than anything, Peta. Take it as your paranoia badge of honor.

I think in 99.99% of worlds it's one of the two.

I am in "will buy a drink when visits" level of sure on Marcitown. (Editor's note: This is not an actual deal or promise Mr. Mod)

And I'm taking the word for it mostly on STD.

That leaves you to figure it out if we hit wrong twice, and course-correct onto either my tiki bar wallet loss, or my smug dead thread told you so to ffery from page ten or so instead of you.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5387 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5384, Firebagel wrote: and are totally smears, just 'cause there's a townread in there doesn't also make it a smear to go "wow that's so dumb it might be towny" :evil:
I do think that 5052 relies on a misreading of 5038.

But I never said that the Best Friends post in Mafia Discussions was dumb. Just that it makes you town for making it.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5388 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 5386, morph the cat wrote: It's more a hedge than anything, Peta. Take it as your paranoia badge of honor.

I am in "will buy a drink when visits" level of sure on Marcitown. (Editor's note: This is not an actual deal or promise Mr. Mod)

That leaves you to figure it out if we hit wrong twice, and course-correct onto either my tiki bar wallet loss, or my smug dead thread told you so to ffery from page ten or so instead of you.
yeah fair enough

I would also be blown away if marci is scum but then be mad at myself for not catching it anyway. I just have a dislike of scenarios where I get slotted as POE in an order people are expectd to sleepwalk through. Been down that path a few too many times.
super secret alt
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #5389 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 5388, wolfbae wrote:
In post 5386, morph the cat wrote: It's more a hedge than anything, Peta. Take it as your paranoia badge of honor.

yeah fair enough

I would also be blown away if marci is scum but then be mad at myself for not catching it anyway. I just have a dislike of scenarios where I get slotted as POE in an order people are expectd to sleepwalk through. Been down that path a few too many times.
Same, sowing sucks. Varsoon scum took me from mech autowin to 3P due to an oversight. Glad I'm reaping this time!
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5390 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:54 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 5387, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5384, Firebagel wrote: and are totally smears, just 'cause there's a townread in there doesn't also make it a smear to go "wow that's so dumb it might be towny" :evil:
I do think that 5052 relies on a misreading of 5038.

But I never said that the Best Friends post in Mafia Discussions was dumb. Just that it makes you town for making it.
Well is me prodding at her for information still, trying to get her to be more specific without tipping her off yet that it's about the Mafia Discussion post that I'd seen. So if you're thinking I'm misreading her in thinking that she was saying she forgot or something, that's not what the point was, that isn't what I was thinking. That was a suggestion and pressure to be clear that she claims not to have seen the claim when it was made, which was inconsistent with her seemingly randomly bringing the role up in the discussion thread, hence my dropping that info afterwards to ask why it was on her mind if not because of this game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5391 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5328, marcistar wrote: Help how do i open a jar
Put gloves on. It helps, trust
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5392 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5351, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5349, morph the cat wrote:
In post 5346, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5326, morph the cat wrote: Skitter, I recently saw scum-RH9 massively fuck up on a day one, up close and personal, and I led the D1 elim. That's where this comes from.

It was in ffery's theme. I played as "Lady Terminally Offline":

viewtopic.php?t=92207
If you strip out TL from that hydra's iso, do you think that rh's posts resemble rh's posts here?
What's the point of homework if I give out the answers before the due date?
I did the homework, but I have questions. I read it, and I actually feel like RH looked ~okay~ there, and that it was actually TL that did all the stumbling. So I am curious what you see that made you decide to share it
I had non-activity reasons to scumread the hydra in that game and kept pushing even when their activity dipped in the middle. In this game they were inactive for a long time and then had some weirdness around their claim.

I'm not sure about hydra heads or who exactly was making what post
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5393 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

So as someone in that game they looked worse there. I pointed out why exactly in my iso in that game
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5394 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 5373, wolfbae wrote:
In post 5370, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3013, Brian Skies wrote: brian wagon: [spiffeh, morph, marci, lukewarm, dunnstral, sunflower, pooky, cakez, penguin, csf]

I'd say the first six on my wagon are probably town.
if brian was town reading partners they were probably better positioned without a likelihood of flipping soon

imo like spiffeh or dunnstral

probably dunnstral, I don't really scum read spiffeh anymore
meh the more Dunn posts today the more I think he is likely just town and me holding the scumread was cope in the face of not wanting to be wrong

I think if there's scum in the night market it's likely Firebringer, and I think he looks bad in particular if the ActionDan slot flips scum - he was parked there for most of Day 1 but not really doing anything about it, and I think that's a slot that scum are likely to look at and go "how is this not getting scumread more"
I agree with the firebringer read but reviewing his posts actually makes me want to move to sunflower. He jumped on Dan kinda fast over the miller fos whereas I remember dunnstral and Dann had a more natural seeming approach
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5395 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Firebagel, I don't know that it helps you sort me or me sort you to have a back and forth on what I think you misunderstood in that post, especially because you have already dropped the line of questioning on your own.

I was just trying to make it clear that I was not calling you dumb.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5396 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Oh but I want to see a flip and we're getting so close ~_~
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5397 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5393, Dunnstral wrote: So as someone in that game they looked worse there. I pointed out why exactly in my iso in that game
I agree that they looked really bad in that game, I was spectating it, and from the spectator thread I was saying they were clearly mafia.

But my problem was that I was really sure the TL was mafia, and RH was just kinda along for the ride, and stripping TL from the iso reading it back, I was unsure why Cabd sent it.

I do think that RH looked worse in the hood tho. I need to go back and look at a joint cabd+RH iso, to see the inflection point there, but that might not happen tonight.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5398 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:28 pm

Post by marcistar »

i like danns analysis on brian... except he doesnt really go pushing dunnstral so it seems a bit noncommital in that way. would've loved to see more there but its just reading as a MEH post.

whatever this best friends shit regarding gypyx is bs because iirc the og reasonings here is something OUTSIDE game thread? do my gal gypyx more justice!!

im 100% down to vote experience if we're ready to end day right now, but i sort of want to see if oblivion can catch up a bit more before day ends.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5399 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2024 2:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5383, Lukewarm wrote: Most of us (me, hermit, and fireisredsir) just said that it made you more likely to be town.

But I think that Dunn
might have called it dumb
I didn't say it was scummy. I think the argument is bad but it's the kind of thing I would have pointed out a few years ago, probably.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”