Song Contest 212 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

I should have submitted this yesterday for it to be totally appropriately timed

Well, at least I'm not making you listen to the 12-minute version
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

Spoiler: first!!
New Zealand

Axis of Awesome - How to Write a Love Song
Grinning the whole way though. This is how you write a song!

Antarctica

PinocchioP ft. Hatsune Miku - God-ish
Goofy fun, keeping it interesting and bouncy with the different segments.

Estonia

Orange Goblin - Red Tide Rising
The instrumental opening is really good, so the muddy vocals are a bit of a disappointment. I wasn't expecting incredible vocals with this but this isn't quite what I was expecting even so. It's not screamy in a painful way so that was a relief, but somehow the vocals almost seem too distant.

Mount Celeste

Detektivbyrån - Nattöppet
How can a tune of basically just bells be so pleasant? Do I just automatically like whatever Mount Celeste sends in because they're always solid?

Chile

Serú Girán - Canción de Alicia en el País
Nice classic rock vibe to it.

Benin

Eliminate ft. I Set My Friends on Fire - Poison Oak
Interesting start, but I turned the volume down a bit because some of the sound effects were just not hitting right, and this is otherwise the kind of song I would normally consider turning up.

Old Zealand

The Backseat Lovers - Maple Syrup
Mostly kept my interest, thanks to the little hook fairly early on. Didn't seem to end up doing as much with it as I would've expected though, so my attention was fading towards the end.

Singapore

John Legend ft. Chance the Rapper - Penthouse Floor
More mellow than I expected from someone with 'rapper' in their name. Kinda liked the vibe, felt like something out of Leisure Suit Larry. Was that a little twist at the end, the line about "tearing down" the doors? Am I just weird for thinking a song about some rich playboy suddenly turned on its head there into a violent rebuke of such? Probably.

Colombia

Rei Harakami - First Period
Clickbait title??? Was not expecting elevator music! I guess that's probably part of the point somehow?

Mali

CMAT ft. John Grant - Where Are Your Kids Tonight?
Are they singing with their mouths stuffed with cotton balls? Not really getting much out of this.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance

Return to “General Discussion”