Song Contest 206 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:02 am

Post by toolenduso »

I entered something kinda lazy
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:58 am

Post by toolenduso »

Spoiler: I lost my head / to a girl
eSwatini - Ginny Di - Monster Manual Mash: Fun, I guess. DECENT.

Peru - Homeboy Sandman - Satellite: I like the flow and the old school track. But it's very repetitive and I'm not digging the chorus. Yeah I just like listening to this guy rap. DECENT.

Mount Celeste - Stinkbug & Coda - Bomb-Sniffing Pomeranian: Groovy video game-y track. Fun. Kinda one big synth solo. DECENT.

Scythia - Andrew Thompson - Dancing Mad: Oh gawd it's 12 minutes. And I'll be honest I'm not usually into this choral chanting shit. So I don't know if I'm actually gonna sit through this whole thing. The music itself is aight. Kinda simple for something so orchestral, but this might be Final Fantasy music? OK this section around the 7 minute mark is awesome though. Love the drums and bass here. Prog rock feel. I think I have to place this one highest of the tracks I've heard so far simply because of what it is, but without that proggy section it would've been pretty low. DECENT.

Portland - Margo Cilker - Keep It on a Burner: The first split second of this made me happy, the way those horns come in and how they sound. Good singer. Very good. Easily the best song in the contest so far. GOOD.

Chile - Carpenters - I Need to Be in Love: Pretty! I like it. DECENT.

Slovenia - Trivium - Drowning in the Sound: It's metal. DECENT.

Mali - Watsky - Paper Nihilist: Oh hai Watsky. I am liking this. I like the weird vocal stylings/production. Simple but good. DECENT.

Old Zealand - The Vaccines - I Always Knew: It's indie-pop. DECENT.

Antarctica - Sega Sound Team - A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill): Lots of video game music in this contest. Oh, but this one's hip hop? Wow, that was unexpected. This is enjoyable. DECENT.

Japan - Jiluka - Venom: VENPHM. Ngl tho, it's going pretty hard. I'm liking these discordant guitars around the 1:00 mark. Wow, and it takes a hard swerve into dubstep. That was unexpected. I'm actually enjoying this a fair bit, mainly for how heavy and crazy it is. Based on the aesthetics I would not have expected to like this at all. DECENT.

Sweden - Orphaned Land ft. Hansi Kürch - Like Orpheus: Simply not my style. DON'T CARE.

United States of Erica - Dick Kent - Five Feet Nine-and-a-Half Inches Tall: OK. DON'T CARE.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:59 am

Post by toolenduso »

damn, second, not bad!

Return to “General Discussion”