Election! [FULL]

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Election! [FULL]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

ELECTION MAFIA

Please note due to the size and complexity of my games I require players to have played one non-newbie game on site to completion before joining. This disclaimer was not put here this time originally because I forgot. My apologies. (If you have the requisite experience and want to play on an alt simply in with your alt and PM me from your main account.)

The Basics
  1. Campaign Phase: 2 days, Election Phase: 2 days, Elimination Phase: 8 days, Night Phase 2 days
  2. 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement.
  3. I have some unusual rules, please pay special attention to rules 4 5 and 13 in the general rules section.
  4. I have a "Don't play if you're not having fun" rule. Please avail yourself of it. There's no shame in requesting replacement if you're not enjoying yourself.
  5. Respect everyone's basic humanity. Do not be an asshole to people. Don't be a racist or sexist or really any other -ist. Respect other players displayed pronouns.

General Rules
  1. Have fun. This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
  2. The mod is always right. Always. Yes, even then. However, if you think there’s some confusion, and it absolutely can’t wait until the end of the game, send me a PM; do not break my game because you died when you didn’t think you should’ve.
  3. Days will continue until one of two things happen: a player is killed or a deadline passes.
  4. Please do not communicate with the mod in thread. Mod communication should not take place in the game thread. If I feel your question has an answer that the rest of the town needs to know about, I will make a game announcement. If you attempt to claim this is due to a question you asked I will count that as quoting mod communication.
  5. Do not be toxic in my game. Being toxic is subjective and I am the final say on what that means. If you have a problem with that, don't play my games. I will forcibly remove players from the game if I feel like they are playing in a way that is insulting or rude to the other players in the game. You don't get to be an asshole just because you're playing a game on the internet.
  6. Do NOT quote your role PMs, OR any other form of communication from me unless it is something I have already posted on this thread. This is a modkillable offense. Depending on severity of the infraction you might get a warning instead of a modkill. Don't test this. You probably won't. Two warnings is an automatic modkill.
  7. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to, in which case you may only do it during the specified times and in the specified threads. This is a modkillable offense.
  8. You’re required to post regularly. I prod after 36 hours of inactivity and replace after 24 hours of no response to the prod. This can be flexible if you PM me in advance.
  9. Once you’re dead, you’re no longer subject to the previous rule. As a matter of fact, once you’re dead, stop posting. I will permit one simple “bah” post and nothing more.
  10. In the event of a modkill, it will end the day.
  11. If a deadline passes without a player receiving the majority of the votes the day will end with no kill.
  12. If you don't get your choices in, your default action is NO ACTION.
  13. I will be especially harsh on players who are prod dodging. I will count posts with little or no game contact, or a pattern of posts with little or no game content as a prod dodge and will replace you out of my game. I expect activity and I expect everyone to be playing. See rule 1 about replacing out if you are not having fun or do not have the time to play.

Setup Information

This game is semi-open, by which I mean there are no roles in this game outside of those that are posted in the opening post.

There are confirmed to be 4 scum players in this game.

The gameplay consists of 4 phases: the campaign phase, the election phase, the elimination phase and the night phase. The last two function just like they do in a normal game of mafia. During the first two you will determine which players in the game get which power roles. Here are the rules for each specific phase.

Campaign Phase
  • 2 days, players can declare themselves a candidate for a position by posting in thread
    DECLARE: ROLE

• There is a maximum number of 3 candidates per role
  • Players can be a candidate for no more than 1 role
  • At the end of the campaign phase any role without a candidate is removed from the game permanently

Election Phase
  • 2 days, players must submit a ballot for the roles
  • Players do not submit votes for roles they are running for
  • Balloting is secret
  • After the election phase elected players are given a PT for that day and night cycle

Elimination Phase
  • 8 days
  • Players vote for elimination like normal

Night Phase
  • 2 days
  • By the end of the elimination phase the treasurer must set the budget for the night, this involves allocating the towns budget to the specific power roles.
  • Funding required for each role is known only to the players who have that role.
  • Each power role has an ability which can be funded in full or in part. Partial funding results in an equivalent % chance of the role working. So if an ability costs $100 to use, allocating that player $40 would yield a 40% chance of their role succeeding.
  • The scum team has additional abilities that they can use to effect the game

Player List
  1. Furtiveglance
  2. pookythemagicalbear
  3. Datisi
  4. Bingle
  5. SleepyKrew
  6. ActionDan
  7. Enchant
  8. Ausuka
  9. Ranger
  10. GuiltyLion
  11. Meowth
  12. Lady Lambdadelta
  13. Herta
  14. Unowen
  15. SirCakez
Last edited by Thestatusquo on Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 25 times in total.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sad day
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 7, Jingle wrote: I would like the preferential treatment offered to T-Bone. Also, I'll be playing with the account of Bingle.
You got it, sorry furtive.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Tgp has not confirmed pre-in and has been removed from the list. Can always in as normal again while the game still has slots.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

That's the hammer folks, I'll have the thread up and role PMs out shortly.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also bloodb0t what theme are you going to force fb to do?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Strongly recommend "firebringer sucks" as a theme.

Return to “Completed Signups”