Mafia Invictus Redux [FULL/20]

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Mafia Invictus Redux [FULL/20]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Modded by Prism, backup modded by fferyllt.
Designed by Prism and reviewed by fferyllt and Isis. Original concept by Vi.

Selah, the last bastion of the now-obscure Lamborghini Mafia, is set on a collision course with modernity after Tesla announces it as the location of a brand-new Gigafactory. These once secluded streets will soon be overrun with the Model S, hordes of Cybertrucks, and the booming business of new residents. While others might balk at the rapid change of pace, the citizens of Selah have grown impatient with a life stuck a hundred years in the past. Tired of settling for ceiling fans and running water, they now yearn for electric cars, the iPhone, Ethereum, and TikTok.

But the Lamborghini Mafia is not so eager. Nothing is more dangerous than a cornered and wounded animal, and the Lamborghini Mafia is a dying breed. In one last bid to survive, it's time for the corporation to get anti-corporate.

Playerlist1. Bell
2. Fey
3. fireisredsir
4. Lady Lambdadelta
5. takotsubo syndrome
6. Lukewarm
7. Dunnstral
8. Rhyme and Reason (Menalque + Something_Smart)
9. Meuh
10. Val89
11. marcistar
12. Dwlee99
13. Gammagooey
14. Kovu
15. VP Baltar
16. Datisi
17. LavarManos
18. Enchant
19. SirCakez
20. gorilla

WOTM/WOTC will be enforced. Please PM me with any concerns about a player signing up after you. I require some assurance that you have played at least one game outside of the Newbie queue if I cannot tell from your site history.

Hydras are acceptable, but will share the postcap described below.

Setup InformationMafia Invictus Redux is a 20p Large Theme, a revamp of 2011's Mafia Invictus designed and run by Vi.

The core mechanic of this game is the Invictus, a vengeshot for players killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot (ie. No extended domino effect), or modkill. It can be expected that most or all of the players have access to this ability. Unlike the original game, parity checks for win condition are made
after
Invictus shots are resolved.

Deadlines will be 7 days for the day phase and 2 days for the night phase. This game does not meet Normal guidelines, but is non-bastard and it can be expected that roles are either relatively common/standard or are simple variations to interact with the Invictus. For example, a Mafia Godfather or a Town Invictus Bulletproof would be fair game while an Iambic Pentameter Post-Restricted Townie or a Mafia Global Role Randomizer would not be.
Exactly one role may have abilities that exceed this scope and violate the above guidelines.
However, there is a moderator guarantee of no alignment changes.

Finally, this game will have an individual posting cap of 125 that resets at the start of every gameday, with a safety buffer of 10 held in reserve for the entire game. I will provide daystart postcount numbers in order to assist you in keeping track. Players that exceed their reserve will be immediately force-replaced, with an allocation of 25 posts minimum provided for any replacements. Players will be allowed to change vote after exceeding the cap provided it is accompanied by no other text and is not an attempt to telegraph a more extended message as judged by the moderator.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sun May 22, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Prism »

Quick note, while all current /ins have satisfied this one way or another: I will require at least some private assurance you have at least one finished game outside the Newbie queue. If I suspect you are an alternate account, I might send you a request for your main or reject your /in to ensure no blacklist conflicts, but I will not do so by default.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Mon May 23, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Prism »

In post 17, Something_Smart wrote:Out of curiosity, what happens if someone has reached their post limit and falls into prod range?
I didn't want to make the explanation too lengthy, but you are allowed to merely reaffirm your vote to reset the prod timer. My original wording for the vote loophole has "change vote" because I don't want people repeatedly revoting for emphasis and to badger others around, but as long as you're not doing that it's fine. If I think you're abusing the privilege I will count it against your reserves.

I would discourage you from speedrunning it to 125 posts and leaving yourself with 0 for a week's worth of dayphase, but it will be an option this game!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Prism »

I've tried to make the post cap such that it is unambiguous and relies as little on moderator/player judgment as possible, but the "cap exceeded" vote posts are the one remainder.

Stick to the spirit of the restriction+accommodation, if you're swapping votes as wagons come and go I'm unlikely to balk even if it happens quickly. If you make 3 votes in the span of a minute expressing a
de facto
PoE, as a direct response to player questions, or repeatedly place the same vote to express vehement opposition, expect me to crack down and count them against the reserves.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Mon May 23, 2022 4:12 pm

Post by Prism »

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Wed May 25, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Prism »

With that I think we're full; I'll try to have the thread up+role PMs sent out before midnight EST.

Feel free to PM me to line up as a replacement!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Wed May 25, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Prism »

Alright, I'm probably going to be a little bit late but it will be up+role PMs sent out before I go to bed!

Return to “Completed Signups”