Let's Study Games - Final Tribal Council

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:57 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 13, Awoo wrote:"F3's are fun because more people reach the end"

This is wrong because in practice it actually means "one guy got dragged to the end knows he has 0 chance of winning since F5 or even earlier because there simply isnt enough votes left to get rid of everyone who he loses to in an FTC"
I don't think this is mutually exclusive with a final 2. I am hesitate to say anyone actually has 0 chance of winning, at least based on the game they played, but pretty sure anyone who is in such a position at final 3 but ISN'T at final 2, the reason they are in that position is probably the third person in that F3, and i'm having trouble seeing a case where it just doesn't matter who that person is, just...bring the other person at F4 to the end instead. And obviously the case where that person has no chance at F3 and also does at F2 doesn't really change anything (and also works against it since hypothetical person likely doesn't get cut and someone who could have had a time at FTC doesn't get to be there).

That being said I do agree that the thought of going through FTC feeling you have no shot is a horror story I'd never wish upon anyone.

That being said, I do like the idea of final 2s more, just feels more like an actual clash at the end, and while final 3s can definitely be very competitive for all involved, there is more likely to be some assymetry in "game strength" just from the fact that there are three people there. Also like if you have 1 top ally, an F2 is something to shoot for, an F3 becomes "well should I cut them cause vote split?".
George Bailey

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”