Orca? This! is! Dance of the Title Fairy!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Miztef »

Woot, my first post (that I can remember) in the title fairy thread.

So, I think lightning rod (CDK) and Informant (peers) both have problems.

lightning rod, to my knowledge, refers to a role in which all night actions are directed to that player. Understandably, the humor is that this is what happened to CDK in a game, without having that role. I'd argue though, that this is not a very rare thing in the first place. Since this is only an isolated incident as well, I think it's overall too weak, and not very humorous in the first place.

Informant again makes sense, but it doesn't strike me as very humorous or even personal. Many players can (and probably have) acted in informing type roles. This title could even be mistaken as him being a great cop or such. Overall I think it too misleading and not personal or humorous enough.

Sorry to shoot down these, but I think quality of titles is important, and these just aren't up to par.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Miztef »

lol, cute, but I am gay, so I'd have to take some offense to that.

I think "crosskiller" is a decent start to a title, but again, there is a problem with the simplicity of it. It only counts for the 1 game, and even that instance wasn't too crazy. Something like "rouge agent" or "doublecrosser" seems more suitable in my opinion.

Negative Nancy is humorous I suppose, but is only from this very small and non memorable moment. If I did/do continue to do so, I would say it has some promise (and I do plan to, as titles are one of my favorite little tidbits on this site, but I hope more of comments can be critical but positive as well). I think the "Nancy" part is a double-edged sword, unfortunately used as a derogatory word for gay men, but works given this context. I personally wouldn't mind it, but I think it could be interpreted too badly.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Miztef »

Oman wrote:
Miztef wrote: I think the "Nancy" part is a double-edged sword, unfortunately used as a derogatory word for gay men, but works given this context. I personally wouldn't mind it, but I think it could be interpreted too badly.
This is perhaps a horribly annoying overreaction.
overreaction? I don't understand... because I took it seriously maybe, and it was an intended joke? I'm horribly bad at catching jokes in the first place, so if that's true, oh well I guess, no harm done.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Miztef »

I meant rogue... woops. I thought of the term from the Goldeneye: Rouge Agent game, where you play a a double crossing agent.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Miztef »

Nominate Awesome Pants instead for
Friends Forever!
in relation to the picture. possibly with a <3 beside it. Kumbaya seems a little off this issue there.

Return to “Player Titles”