Mini 711: Thursday Next: LiaGB Mafia - ABANDONED!

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 711: Thursday Next: LiaGB Mafia - ABANDONED!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Welcome to Thursday Next: Lost in a Good Book Mafia!

Players:
(
Bolded
means confirmed)

Alive:

Firestarter

Pug89

Knight of Cydonia
Niv

ortolan
Diomedes

Badguy
johhan

Kublai Khan

Porkens

Soveliss
(in need of replacement)
Pesco47
ZazieR
(in need of replacement)

Currently Disabled and Unable to Post

Badguy

Banished to the Real World:

Aoshi:
Spike Stoker, Night Kill Vigilante
Lynched D1
imaginality
Mycroft Next, Townie
Killed N1
TAX
Thursday's Father, Townie
Killed N1
Last edited by Dean Harper on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 22 times in total.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

RULES:
(blatantly stolen from Hypatia)

GENERAL:

1. Do not quote any PMs I send you. You may paraphrase.
2. No private communication outside the thread unless your role allows it. Players with roles allowing private communication may use them at night, but not during the day.
3. Blue is my color, please do not use it for ANYTHING.

4. Please make any official "in-thread mod communication" by prefacing it with
@Mod:
(
"@Mod: can we have a votecount please?"
)
5. If you believe you see a mistake in the votecount or something I have done, please point it out to me.
6. Posting using invisible text, white/grey text, or blackened out text is not allowed. Do not edit your posts. I will probably edit my posts. That's because I'm the mod and will leave stuff out.
7. If I see any conduct that I deem unnecessarily rude or inappropriate, I reserve the right to either modkill or replace that player.
8. Moderator decisions are final.
9. Moderator reserves the right to edit any of these rules.

NIGHT AND DAY:

1. This game is a Day Start.
2. A moderator deadline may be imposed if discussion lags. If there are not enough votes for a lynch at deadline, No Lynch will occur.
3. Nights will last 72 hours. All night actions must be received by that time or they will be void. If you are going to forgo a night action, let me know.

VOTING AND LYNCHING:

1. All votes must be in bold and look like
Vote: Scummy McScummerson
. Please
Unvote
as well.
2. You may not self-vote, or vote the moderator.
3. A lynch is achieved when a simple majority votes to lynch a player. Unvotes will not change a lynch once it is achieved.
4. Once a lynch has been achieved (or appears to be achieved), it is twilight. The lynched player should not post.
5. A simple majority of players voting No Lynch ("
Vote: No Lynch
") will cause the game day to end with no lynch.
6. If a deadline is incurred, you will (most of the time) have 1-2 weeks to reach a majority vote and a lynch.
7. If a majority vote is not reached by deadline, a no lynch will be incurred and the game will proceed to the next night phase.
6. Dead players may post a "bah!" post, as long as it does not contain any game information.

PLAYING:

1. Please let us all know in the thread if you will be unable to post for a period of 3 days or more.
2. If you have a problem with this game, please PM me privately; do not discuss it in the open thread.
3. Posting within the game's spirit of paranoia is great; abusive, harassing, or obscene posts are not.
4. Have fun. Not having fun will get you taken out into the street and shot.

Game Specific Rules:

1) Every day, a "coincidence" will occur in the form of a catastrophe or accident of some sort. One random player will be unable to post during that day, and cannot be lynched (but can be NK'd during the night). They can also be protected, investigated and so forth, but they themselves will receive an one-night night action for use during the upcoming night.

2) Each night, grammasites will attack the thread, causing a few random posts to be jumbled via random generator, so as to be unreadable.

3) All players will be sent a question each night that, if answered correctly, will grant them an extra vote during the upcoming day. The questions can be about absolutely anything.
Last edited by Dean Harper on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Flavor Time!

All was not well in the town of Swindon. Particularly on the Skyrail car number 6174, on which resided one perplexed Thursday Next, seven Irma Cohens, and one very desperate Neanderthal.

The Skyrail car was being hijacked by it's driver (the neanderthal). Disgruntled over the limited rights of his species, the gentle creature decided to take matters into his own hands... Even if that meant violence.

The Irma Cohens were all bewildered to be on the same car with one another. Some found they were related, while others had no relation at all. One of the Irmas was doing a crossword puzzle. Each word she fit she said out loud. "Meddlesome," said the Irma. For a while she was silent, deep in thought, but she eventually shouted "Thursday!" Though she was not speaking to the Spec-Ops agent. Finally, she muttered, "Goodbye."

"This is not good," thought Thursday, "Coincidences don't happen this often..." Suddenly, and very coincidentally, the Neanderthal was shot through the windshield of the vehicle, and Thursday fell unconscious on the floor...

Thursday awoke to a crashed Skyrail car, one dead neanderthal, and seven very shaken Irma Cohens. Unfortunately, one of you was on that Skyrail car too.
Firestarter
has been seriously injured due to the crash. He will be unable to post during Day 1.

Only one person could be behind this plot to kill Thursday... The one person who can control coincidences. Aornis Hades... Very real little sister to Thursday's now dead arch nemesis, Acheron Hades, she must be seeking revenge. Well as Thursday's family and friends, fictional or not, you won't let that happen now will you!?!?!?

The scum are lurking around every corner... And around some curves, but that isn't important right now... What is important is that you find them before they find you.

Day 1 starts now!!!
Last edited by Dean Harper on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Niv »

OMGIS

first post
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:55 am

Post by imaginality »

Hello all!

Well. Not much to go on yet. But there's one thing we can all be certain about:

Vote: TAX
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Vote: Porkens
for lurking.
johhan
johhan
Goon
johhan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by johhan »

vote kublai khan
, because I know what Valhalla is!
"Generic Mafia Quote" - Some player you've never heard of.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by Niv »

Kublai Khan wrote:
for lurking.
lurker hunting allreddy, my dear....
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

Kublai Khan wrote:
for lurking.
Sorry if I haven't been as active as some of the rest of you, I live in the UK and have been having some RL issues recently and I'm in far too many games for my own good and I had basically given up on this game anyway because of how things have been going and unlike some of you I can't post on the weekends and I'll be V/LA for the next month or so because of Thanksgiving, but in the next couple of days I'll sit down and do a good, full-on reread and let you know what I think so far. Untill then
vote: Zazier
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Porkens wrote:Sorry if I haven't been as active as some of the rest of you, I live in the UK and have been having some RL issues recently and I'm in far too many games for my own good and I had basically given up on this game anyway because of how things have been going and unlike some of you I can't post on the weekends and I'll be V/LA for the next month or so because of Thanksgiving, but in the next couple of days I'll sit down and do a good, full-on reread and let you know what I think so far. Untill then
Good show.
unvote

vote: Niv
for calling me "my dear". Not a single woman in my harem doesn't call me "my dear".
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by imaginality »

Yep, Porkens wins.

Talking of winning, I've found two scum already.

Consider this:
johhan wrote:vote kublai khan, because I know what Valhalla is!
He chooses not to capitalise Kublai Khan's name. Okay, some people prefer to type in lower-case, but the 'Valhalla' is capitalised, so we have to look for another explanation.

And, let's face facts here, there can only really be one possible explanation: johhan was trying to distance himself from his mafia buddy with that vote. If johhan didn't have any connection to Kublai Khan, he'd have typed his name correctly, but in this case, he - likely subconsciously - felt that typing his buddy's name in lowercase would heighten the impression of separation between them. It's almost literally as if he felt Kublai Khan's name would look further away if he typed it in lowercase.

So, johhan and Kublai Khan. There's two of the scum team, right there.

Unvote

Vote: johhan
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
TAX
TAX
Goon
TAX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by TAX »

vote:porken
pork is m least favorite type of meat.
^ I believe Socrates once said that.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Niv »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Porkens wrote:Sorry if I haven't been as active as some of the rest of you, I live in the UK and have been having some RL issues recently and I'm in far too many games for my own good and I had basically given up on this game anyway because of how things have been going and unlike some of you I can't post on the weekends and I'll be V/LA for the next month or so because of Thanksgiving, but in the next couple of days I'll sit down and do a good, full-on reread and let you know what I think so far. Untill then
Good show.
unvote

vote: Niv
for calling me "my dear". Not a single woman in my harem doesn't call me "my dear".
my dear is synomous in my mind with oh dear.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Niv wrote:my dear is synomous in my mind with oh dear.
Really? Weird.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Official Vote Count:

Kublai Khan - (1) johhan
zazier - (1) Porkens
Niv - (1) Kublai Khan
johhan - (1) imaginality
Porkens - (1) Tax

With 11 posting, it takes 6 votes to lynch a player.

If Firestarter and Diomedes don't pick up their roles by tomorrow morning, they will be replaced.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

Dean wrote:Unfortunately, one of you was on that Skyrail car too. Firestarter has been seriously injured due to the crash.
Car crash :shock:?!
Wait. Car?
*Looks at avatars*
Car!

Niv, you didn't warn him to buy a squirrell!
Vote Niv

This is unacceptable.
Ignore the ''R''
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:15 am

Post by Puta Puta »

imaginality wrote:Yep, Porkens wins.

Consider this:
He chooses not to capitalise Kublai Khan's name. Okay, some people prefer to type in lower-case, but the 'Valhalla' is capitalised, so we have to look for another explanation.

And, let's face facts here, there can only really be one possible explanation: johhan was trying to distance himself from his mafia buddy with that vote. If johhan didn't have any connection to Kublai Khan, he'd have typed his name correctly, but in this case, he - likely subconsciously - felt that typing his buddy's name in lowercase would heighten the impression of separation between them. It's almost literally as if he felt Kublai Khan's name would look further away if he typed it in lowercase.

Unvote

you're kidding right? :shock: :roll:

oh
vote: TAX
cause who wants to keep tax??
johhan
johhan
Goon
johhan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:18 am

Post by johhan »

Consider this:

Unvote

Goddamn you're good.
unvote, vote: imaginality
Come on Kubl-I mean, kublai kahn! save your scummate kthx pls
"Generic Mafia Quote" - Some player you've never heard of.
TAX
TAX
Goon
TAX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:18 am

Post by TAX »

vote: ZazieR
what kind of name is that. XP
^ I believe Socrates once said that.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

johhan wrote:

Consider this:

Unvote

Goddamn you're good.
unvote, vote: imaginality
Come on Kubl-I mean, kublai kahn! save your scummate kthx pls
unvote

vote: johhan

Bussing is the only sensible strategy at this point. Abandon ship! Every scum for himsself!

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Puta Puta »

oh SHIT, ZazieR is in this game too... O_O
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:23 am

Post by ZazieR »

TAX wrote:vote: ZazieR what kind of name is that. XP
:x :evil:
PP wrote:oh SHIT, ZazieR is in this game too... O_O
:cry:
Ignore the ''R''
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Niv »

ZazieR wrote:
Dean wrote:Unfortunately, one of you was on that Skyrail car too. Firestarter has been seriously injured due to the crash.
Car crash :shock:?!
Wait. Car?
*Looks at avatars*
Car!

Niv, you didn't warn him to buy a squirrell!
Vote Niv

This is unacceptable.
Read my sig, Everyone is warned.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Diomedes and Firestarter still have not picked up their role PMs. They will be replaced

Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Pug89 »

I'm here, not much to say at this point though, especially since I don't random vote, I've had issues with it in the past.

Has everyone else read the books? I've read the first three.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”