farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

Vi wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Vi, why that PR?
I was being silly, as mentioned before.
Actually, I used the fake PR I tried first in my second game (offsite) and it worked well IMO.

That's neither here nor there though.
Why try a fake PR for this game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Vi »

farside22 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Actually, I used the fake PR I tried first in my second game (offsite) and it worked well IMO.

Relative chaos and the fact that this was the first game where I remembered to do it by the time I put out the first post.

For fun, shortly put.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vi wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Vi wrote:

Relative chaos and the fact that this was the first game where I remembered to do it by the time I put out the first post.

For fun, shortly put.
You risked being modkilled for fun?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Vi wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Vi wrote:

For fun, shortly put.
You risked being modkilled for fun?
*BOOM*

Absolutley
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

morph:whats with the booms, and ticks, and more booms?
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Vi »

SSK 102 wrote:You risked being modkilled for fun?
Sure!

Why would I get modkilled? I faked a PR, not a PM.

----

As for what I think of what's gone on so far, the most bothering thing I can see is Korts's vote on tubby that started this tirade. Korts basically posted HAY THIS MEANS SOMETHING OMGWIFOM and then turned around to backhand tubby over the Internet for trying to guess at
what
it means. And from there, frankly I think people have been kicking tubby around like a VI.

I agree with Crazy. OMG not taking the popular side, OMG quasi-defending someone; vote me if it makes you feel better.

That said, tubby's last post and vote on Crazy are positively awful, doing a wonderful job of proving farside's accusation correct. So tubby, three things I want you to answer.
1) Do you think you will be the D1 lynch?
2) Do you want to be lynched D1?
3) Is it scummy for people to decide against making you the D1 lynch?

Vote stays on Scattered to remind me that he needs to post.

Also @animorpherz: PRs usually don't work unless you have them in Every. Post. I don't believe yours for that reason :P
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

It was Fake. Felt like it.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Crazy »

Look, I couldn't care less about defending tubby. I haven't seen anything from him that stamps me as
either
town or scum. I just want to make a note that the wagon on him is complete crap, and in my opinion, scummy.
Korts wrote:Dicouraging use of a common scum tactic by pressuring or even lynching is, in my opinion, entirely valid. And the particular setup speculation on tubby's part served scum motives, since it could easily have outed power roles by them either confirming or denying the theory's validity.
Okay, first, it's posts like this that really irk me... when people sacrifice finding scum in order to do what's "fair." Now I'm not going to go around lynching people that I don't see as particularly scummy just to help the meta of mafia so people stop using Appeals to Emotion. Seriously, I'm playing this game to win, not to be fair and lynch people because they did something that should be discouraged in a mafia game.

Okay, now, do you really think
tubby
was trying to out some power roles? He has 110 game posts; he's pretty much a newbie. Now I know, when I was first scum, I didn't do anything except try to look pro-town. Do you really think tubby is capable of doing some elaborate scum scheme like that? Even if he was scum, I doubt that he had malicious motives there. Do you think he did have some, or are you just the Supreme Judge of mafia; kill everyone that doesn't act the way they're supposed to in order to send a message?
farside22 wrote:Why are you defending him? I already called him out for following you and now you are defending him? I don't care about newbie or not newbie. He didn't say anything till you made the point for him. Then he uses what he said as his own idea. That is scummy.
I don't see it as particularly "fair" that he did that... but I don't see why scum are more likely to do that than town. Explain, please.
Korts wrote: tubby turning on Crazy seems like distancing, to be honest. It was too quick and without consideration, although he does throw in the idea of Crazy-scum leading a witchhunt against SpyreX/me in the event of tubby-town being lynched. Thing is, newbie scum don't always know measure, in my limited experience with them. They might start bussing too hard, too early, or buddying up too obviously. For now, I believe tubby's distancing, because he believes himself to be dangerously close to lynching as opposed to slightly closer than others.
Thanks, I'm often the Day 1 lynchee's "scum-partner."

Surely you can remember Open 87 (Oman), and Open 94 (Megatheory), farside. :)
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Vi wrote:.1) Do you think you will be the D1 lynch?
at the time of this post it looks that way,,,

[quote="Vi']2) Do you want to be lynched D1?[/quote]

honestly no i do not want to be lynched i wanna play the game and get these scum
Vi wrote:3) Is it scummy for people to decide against making you the D1 lynch?
no i was tryin to make a case were i had no ground to stay on and its the only thing i could come up with... and i really diddn't see why crazy was defending me when all the veterans of the site seem so comfortable with lynching me,, i thought could they all be scum??? or did i screw this up that badd?? or is crazy setting me up and exploiting my noobness and setting up korts and spyrex??

i am really lost and sinkin fast in this game, i felt i could handle a game i am an experienced player on my home site but thats like playin fri nite poker with your friends then you come here and its like sittin down at the 1,000$ buy in table in vegas and goin wtf did i just do.

my last post and vote for crazy was simply trying to save my own skin everyone here has been pretty closed lip and if i tried to make to big of a case agianst korts its omgus.

Also @animorpherz: PRs usually don't work unless you have them in Every. Post. I don't believe yours for that reason :P[/quote]
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Crazy »

tubby wrote:no i was tryin to make a case were i had no ground to stay on and its the only thing i could come up with... and i really diddn't see why crazy was defending me when all the veterans of the site seem so comfortable with lynching me,, i thought could they all be scum??? or did i screw this up that badd?? or is crazy setting me up and exploiting my noobness and setting up korts and spyrex??
Even if you turned up town, that wouldn't set me as town and korts/spyre/farside as scum. Being town =/= being right, and vice versa. So really, that wouldn't prove anything... so no, I'm not doing that.
tubby wrote: my last post and vote for crazy was simply trying to save my own skin everyone here has been pretty closed lip and if i tried to make to big of a case agianst korts its omgus.
Appeal to people's logic, not emotion. Focus more on finding scum rather than saving your own skin. If all you focus on is the latter, then everyone will see you as scum because that's what
scum
care about.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Natirasha »

..?..
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

tubby216 -
(Korts, SpyreX, farside22, DoomCow)
ZazieR -
(Crazy, DrippingGoofball)
Crazy -
(animorpherv1, tubby216)
Korts -
(CoheedCambria09)
Vi -
(The Internet)
Natirasha -
(Scattered)
animorpherv1 -
(ZazieR)
Scattered -
(Vi)

Not voting: MafiaSSK, Natirasha

With 15 alive, it will take 8 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 will be Saturday, December 6.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Natirasha wrote:..?..
I guess your confused

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:57 am

Post by farside22 »

@Vi: What do you agree with Crazy about?

Crazy wrote:
I don't see it as particularly "fair" that he did that... but I don't see why scum are more likely to do that than town. Explain, please.
I see scum take a person's idea and run with it so they don't have to explain it. Also I feel more like tubby is using you and then pointing to you as a newb scum mistake I see in many a newbie game. It's the let me stick by someone who is town ploy. Then when called he votes you like you are the reason he looks scummy. It's bad. It should be ignored as a newb mistake in my book.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Vi »

farside22 wrote:@Vi: What do you agree with Crazy about?
Stuff
Crazy 107 wrote:Look, I couldn't care less about defending tubby. I haven't seen anything from him that stamps me as either town or scum. I just want to make a note that the wagon on him is complete crap, and in my opinion, scummy.
Although what I have seen from him stamps me as "newb", and a newb doing more sinking than swimming amidst experienced players at that. I for one am willing to take tubby 108 at face value.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Korts »

Raise your hands if you think tubby is the lynch today.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:30 am

Post by farside22 »

It should be ignored as a newb mistake in my book.
This should say:
It should not be ignored.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Vi »

Korts 115 wrote:Raise your hands if you think tubby is the lynch today.
For the record, could you (Korts) specify:
1) if you have a hand
2) whether it is raised
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Korts »

Wait for it.
scumchat never die
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

*raises hand*

Yea, I'll be that guy.

I'm not buying his play. The ? vote on Korts that switched immediately to Crazy on the grounds of "Crazy is trying to setup Korts/Spyrex" is..bad.

@Vi:
As for what I think of what's gone on so far, the most bothering thing I can see is Korts's vote on tubby that started this tirade. Korts basically posted HAY THIS MEANS SOMETHING OMGWIFOM and then turned around to backhand tubby over the Internet for trying to guess at what it means. And from there, frankly I think people have been kicking tubby around like a VI.
Korts wrote:Note to town: I have a vague idea that this initial votecount has more relevance than just a starting point. It may outline connections or other information. As of now, I'm copying its current state into my notes, because if it contains any relevant information, Xyl is bound to change it eventually.
Tubby wrote:i would think it has something to do with power roles that those that have them have the most votes to intice them to be more active but thats just pure speculation
The first quote says that there may be more relevance - not a why because, really, the why can't come out until later. The latter, by nature, if discussed by anyone with votes out limits the pool the scum are going to hit. This reeks to me of a scum slipup - because if it had worked, at all, even if he got devoured for it the information gained would have been very valuable. "newb" or not I think this isn't an innocent mistake.

@SSk - why would faking a PR get you modkilled?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:32 am

Post by The Internet »

So let me get this straight: Tubby made an attack on crazy out of the blue, based on the appeal to emotion fallacy, so people are favoring him for lynch? If this is the case, I do not think this is enough of a reason to commit.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

Dont forget mystic PR hunting.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I could go for a animopherv lynch on account of faking post restrictions is anti-town.

unvote, vote: animopherv
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I could go for a animopherv lynch on account of faking post restrictions is anti-town.

unvote, vote: animopherv
Why animo and not Vi?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

What, Vi is also faking a PR???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”