Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by Timeater »

Of course.

Hoohoo Obama 08 :D
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

Woohoo* >_>
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by Timeater »

I keep thinking to myself what a good distraction tool humor has the potential to be when reading WallE's posts. I continually have to monitor myself as I do not automatically grant him townie status just because he's funny.

Because Nati said this game was based off mtg, I did some research into some of the different flavor concepts of the game, including my role. I'm not a big mtg head but I used to play a little bit when I was younger. Not really that important but some might find this stuff interesting. Also, more information the better.

ImageImage

Quoted from the mtg wiki:Mycosynth was a strange metallic, fungal organism created due to corruption of Mirrodin with Phyrexian oil. Mycosynth was released in spores throughout the plane, changing metal to flesh, and consequently caused metallic growths in the skin of organic beings while simultaneously converting artifact creatures into living organisms. Large towers of the substance built up in Mirrodin's Core in elaborate lattices, while golems composed of the substance also came into being (whether spontaneously or by Memnarch's will is unknown).

ImageImage

Quoted from mtg wiki:Blinkmoth serum is created by killing and harvesting blinkmoths. It grants the user extreme intelligence, self-awareness, and understanding. It is extremely addictive, and long-term use leads to physiological changes.

ImageImage

Another wiki quote - A triskelion or triskele (both from the Greek τρισκέλιον or τρισκελής, for "three-legged") is a symbol consisting of three interlocked spirals, or three bent human legs, or any similar symbol with three protrusions and a threefold rotational symmetry. MTG info: "Triskelion — was last seen in 4th Edition. A classic, powerful artifact creature and a great fit with the +1/+1 counter theme of the block." "Triskellion is also a card found in the game of "Magic: the Gathering." It depicts a creature that has three arms (later legs) that can be fired off for a single damage each, accurately capturing the meaning of the word."I cant help but feel the "older" Triskelion looks alot nicer :/
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Election dance is over. Stupid state.

Back to business at hand.
- Why? There simply is no better candidate at the moment. The facts presented at the game's outset are that a metalloid cannot be killed in anyway; the problem with giving someone else the serum is that they will be killed night 1. It is simply illogical for a scummer to try to get the serum today because later tonight they will need to make a nightkill. There would be no way they could save themselves from a lynch the next day when they turn up alive (because the scum would logically kill the person with the power, the biggest threat, nothing can stop them). It just makes no sense for a scummer to go after the serum at this point in the game. They would have too much explaining without alot of excuses tomorrow (everyone except the metalloids are vanilla!).
1.) What makes you a good candidate? Just the fact you are metal?
2.) The assumption that the player will die is one only based on PR's and assuming that the scum aren't smart enough to dash in enough WIFOM to make it worth it.
3.) Wouldn't a metal scum want the serum more than any other player?
4.) What is the natural progression of this thought process? Killing who we give the serum to the next day if they, in fact, aren't killed?

I've made one decision so far that I am 100% sticking to now. I will not give you the serum today. I'm pretty confident you're getting the synth.

The vote, the important bit, I'm still not sold on but as things sit I am very happy where it is sitting.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

I say we give no one the Serum, ever. Problem solved.

Oh, and:
Mod wrote: Images: I am the only one who may post images outside of smilies. This is modkillable.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Timeater »

1. I'm a good player, I'm metal + I get all the ladies. :D
2. I didnt want to say this, but if the scum did get the serum and did not die during the night, all they will have to do is claim they are metal.
3. Yes. Thats why I'm going for it. I cannot let that happen.
4. If they do not claim metal they have no reason to be alive. Sure scum know this, but do you think they would rather play a little game of what-if n1 or kill a cop?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

That'd be boring.

But I have to admit, thats a really good idea lol.

@About the images - Blah. Please forgive me? :( I thought posting images would be OK - I mean he lets us quote PMs. I missed the rule!
watch for the eggshells
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I approve this message. In fact, I approve it enough to KILL PORKENS FOR IT MUHAHAHA

Serum: Porkens

1. I'm a good player, I'm metal + I get all the ladies. Very Happy
2. I didnt want to say this, but if the scum did get the serum and did not die during the night, all they will have to do is claim they are metal.
3. Yes. Thats why I'm going for it. I cannot let that happen.
4. If they do not claim metal they have no reason to be alive. Sure scum know this, but do you think they would rather play a little game of what-if n1 or kill a cop?
2.) Why wouldn't you want to say it? Again, this is obvious.
3.) On some level you amaze me. Yes, it can not happen. Half of your claim (the being metal) is enough to warrant not giving it to you for just that risk.
4.) We'll just have to see how it plays out.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

Olawd.

Eh not really. I mean now they basically have their out. Thats why? Its kinda helpful to the scum?

I cant tell if you're joking or being serious. Not only are you contradicting what Porkens said, you're trying to kill him while off-setting his idea. Thats kinda scummy.
watch for the eggshells
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You're making the mistake of thinking that the scum are apparently functionally retarded. Of COURSE someone is going to go "OMG WE SERUMED WHI NO DEAD KKEKEKE" and the only reply in this game is "Metal, biznitches."

Its no super secret. In fact, when its that easy to figure out it is BETTER to bring it to discussion in case someone missed it.

As for Porkens? The serum is like politics: I'll trust the people who don't want anything to do with it a lot more than ones that salivate over the chance of power.

The fact that, due to the fear thought process, if he wins I sign his death warrant isn't going to be due to my machinations.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Timeater »

Its not that I think that they are retarded, its that I would rather have them come up with the answer the question on their own without spoonfeeding it to them d1.

I think we should seriously consider not using the serum at all though. And by going "hurfdurf he was noble enough to say we dont need it so he should get it" is just completely ignoring what he was going for. Sure, statistically, we have a higher chance at giving the serum to a townie (even though someone has claimed and gone through great lengths to see that the serum be given to the right person COUGH COUGH) but, stating the obvious here, there is always the chance a scummer could recieve the serum. And in a game where there is at least one metal scum (maybe?) and one NK scumside, its too risky to give them more powers. By avoiding the whole serum issue the game basically becomes a basic setup holding a few unkillables with conditions. Another downside to avoiding the serum all together is potentially losing out on scum-sniffing abilities.

What path is the best thing for the town? I'm willing to give that serious thought and discussion.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Suspicious that Porkens said that to get the serum. I've got a list of players with the word Serum Candidates written above it. So far five players have been crossed off it.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by Timeater »

edwop:answer to the question*

1. Assuming we choose someone to give the serum to every day until the game ends.

The Upsides

- Statistically speaking, the chances are good a townie will get the serum multiple times.
- Supplements the town with abilities where they have none. Not counting the metalloids.
- Makes the game more interesting.
- The game is played how the mod intended.

The Downsides

- There is a chance that we might give the scum an ability, strengthening them when we dont need to. Also the game potentially gets alot more complicated, allowing for some room for trickery about roles, powers, abilities, and whatever.
- Having to worry about the whole serum process, and who gets it.

2. Assuming we avoid the entire process of selecting someone to benefit from the serum.

The Upsides

- We dont have to worry about the scum ever getting a supplementary power.
- The game becomes much more simple, allowing for more by-the-book play. The only powers that will be known are the scum NK and the existence of metalloids.

The Downsides

- The town loses out on the chance to gain supplementary powers, and is only left with their wits, lynch vote, and mycosynth vote to combat the scum.
- The game becomes a little boring.
- The game is not being played as the mod intended.

(If I left anything out, feel free to edit me and post your own version.)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by Wall-E »

3. Assuming we choose someone to give the serum to every day via random die roll until the game ends.

The Upsides

- Statistically speaking, the chances are good a townie will get the serum multiple times.
- Supplements the town with abilities where they have none. Not counting the metalloids.
- Makes the game more interesting.
- The game is played how the mod intended.
- There is no chance of the scumfactor (the fact that there is a minority of players who can influence the town subtly) causing the serum to fall into the wrong hands by design.

The Downsides

- There is a chance that we might give the scum an ability, strengthening them when we dont need to. Also the game potentially gets alot more complicated, allowing for some room for trickery about roles, powers, abilities, and whatever.

And I think I listed three others, but I don't remember any of them being spectacular.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

I propose we actually go ahead and vote on one of these initiatives.

1, 2, or 3.

How would the die-roll be done Wall-E?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Timeater »

Well, initiatives really isnt the word. More like 'how to handle the serum' -_-
watch for the eggshells
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

Wall wrote: Suspicious that Porkens said that to get the serum.
Are you seriously putting this forward as a scumtell?

---

This whole business of """""""random""""""" (notice all the quotes) serum assignment is like communism (only works in theory).

I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.

What we need to do is start chucking people in the pit and then lynching them.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Timeater »

Adding a downside to 1 and 3:

- If a metalloid does not receive the serum, it is very possible the scum can/will just kill the serum beneficiary the night a townie recieves it.

I really wish I knew how many metalloids there were in the game. (Not fishing. Really.)
watch for the eggshells
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

P.S.
spyrex wrote: The fact that, due to the fear thought process, if he wins I sign his death warrant isn't going to be due to my machinations.
Sorry, but...
what
?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Original Roll String: 1d12
1 12-Sided Dice: (11) = 11

Code: Select all

[dice]1d12[/dice]
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Porkens wrote:This whole business of """""""random""""""" (notice all the quotes) serum assignment is like communism (only works in theory).

You know this how?
Porkens wrote:I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.
That's fine and dandy, but if everyone else disagrees with your sentiment, do you plan to maintain that stance and refuse to help us?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Timeater »

Hey, that dice thing is petty nifty.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

Wall-E what do you think about post #117?

Doesn't that just break the whole random thing?
watch for the eggshells
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:This whole business of """""""random""""""" (notice all the quotes) serum assignment is like communism (only works in theory).

You know
this
how?
Which part?

Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.
That's fine and dandy, but if everyone else disagrees with your sentiment, do you plan to maintain that stance and refuse to help us?
Yes.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Are you seriously putting this forward as a scumtell?
I'm putting it forward as intentional. I thought of doing the same thing in the hopes that I'd get the reaction Spyrex gave from someone, but decided not to thinking it would be a little transparent. Apparently I was wrong if I'm the only one who thinks this.

Then again, I am a cripplingly paranoid genius so it stands to reason I do things the opposite way of everyone
sane
else.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”