Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count

MiteyMouse 3 - (Corvuus, Evilgorrilaz, MacavityLock)
Atlas 1 - (SmintyLost23)
Apothecary 1 - (MiteyMouse)
Zeppo007 1 - (Atlas)
StrangerCoug 1 - (Primate)

Not voting 4 - (Apothecary, Cephrir, StrangerCoug, Zeppo007)

With eleven players alive, it takes six votes to lynch.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

UNVOTE
Since it seems we are past random voting. Off to read![/b]
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

I was once told that in the game of mafia, the second vote is really not what one should be looking at...the third however is bandwagonning and the third voter for Town is usually Scum. Because of this:
VOTE MacavityLock

I will admit that it did make me look a little harder at you seeing as that vote was on me!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MiteyMouse wrote:I was once told that in the game of mafia, the second vote is really not what one should be looking at...the third however is bandwagonning and the third voter for Town is usually Scum. Because of this:
VOTE MacavityLock

I will admit that it did make me look a little harder at you seeing as that vote was on me!
I was once told that someone who doesn't actually answer someone's suspicions (even if they are only page 2 suspicions), calls himself Town, and then OMGUS-votes based on rather wide meta-style generalizations is pretty scummy himself.

Actually, I wasn't told that. I figured it out for myself.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Be careful, MiteyMouse—as well as that works, there are no universal rules to scumhunting.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

MacavityLock wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:I was once told that in the game of mafia, the second vote is really not what one should be looking at...the third however is bandwagonning and the third voter for Town is usually Scum. Because of this:
VOTE MacavityLock

I was once told that someone who doesn't actually answer someone's suspicions (even if they are only page 2 suspicions), calls himself Town, and then OMGUS-votes based on rather wide meta-style generalizations is pretty scummy himself.

Actually, I wasn't told that. I figured it out for myself.
Touche my friend! I wasn't trying to follow someone else's coattails here...I was looking for reasoning for votes early on in the game. I always want reasoning on votes that are past the random vote stage...that's just the way that I play. SC and I were just here around the same time and thinking along the same lines.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MiteyMouse wrote:Touche my friend! I wasn't trying to follow someone else's coattails here...I was looking for reasoning for votes early on in the game. I always want reasoning on votes that are past the random vote stage...that's just the way that I play. SC and I were just here around the same time and thinking along the same lines.
Well, here's what I don't get:
MiteyMouse wrote:I'm following you on it thus far on Cephir and EG.
I get the case on Ceph. I don't agree with it, but I get it. I don't understand at all any case on Gorillaz. Why did you find him scummy? Did SC even make a case for him, or did he just call him scummy? Did I just abuse some pronouns?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

StrangerCoug wrote:Be careful, MiteyMouse—as well as that works, there are no universal rules to scumhunting.
I know...but at this stage, this reasoning is alright I think. This vote may not stay after all.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

MacavityLock wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:Touche my friend! I wasn't trying to follow someone else's coattails here...I was looking for reasoning for votes early on in the game. I always want reasoning on votes that are past the random vote stage...that's just the way that I play. SC and I were just here around the same time and thinking along the same lines.
Well, here's what I don't get:
MiteyMouse wrote:I'm following you on it thus far on Cephir and EG.
I get the case on Ceph. I don't agree with it, but I get it. I don't understand at all any case on Gorillaz. Why did you find him scummy? Did SC even make a case for him, or did he just call him scummy? Did I just abuse some pronouns?
I'm not really suspicious of EG now...but before we learned of the PR, he was a bit frustrating.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MiteyMouse wrote:I'm not really suspicious of EG now...but before we learned of the PR, he was a bit frustrating.
Yeah, their names are similar, but EG and Primate are different people.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

MacavityLock wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:I'm not really suspicious of EG now...but before we learned of the PR, he was a bit frustrating.
Yeah, their names are similar, but EG and Primate are different people.
Crap on a stick....let me go back and look....sorry for confusing you EG and Primate!
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Ok...EG flat out refused to provide rational for the vote. I need reasoning.
SmintyLost23
SmintyLost23
Goon
SmintyLost23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by SmintyLost23 »

Yikes, this got interesting.
Unvote Atlas
obviously lolvotes are over.

Primate's posts are rather entertaining, I've got my eye on Gorillaz and Ceph, but I'm focusing a bit more on MiteyMouse, especially the recent jumpiness. Atlas, Corvuus and Zeppo seem to be going for the quieter blend-in, while Macavity is vocal but seems to send a similar town vibe. Apothecary really hasn't said much at all, but I guess I shouldn't be talking :P Not sure about Stranger. Pretty similar style to other games I've played with him in, I think slightly closer to when he was town, but my memory is not perfect. I don't think I'm ready to vote right now; see how things play out.
is that a piano??

...and that's terrible
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Corvuus »

What the!

Miteymouse! How did you get 3 votes on you?!

Unvote

Stop weighing my die and making me randomly vote you! it makes me look bad!

----

I don't think Primate has a Post restriction by mod but just one by player choice. Since it is by choice, I would not refer to it as a PR since it is voluntary.

-----

Anyways, I don't think I have any major suspicion right now....

how about I ask a question about something I have always wondered about.

Let's say we have a group of 4 players (whether by lurking, only replying when spoken to directly, etc.) who are able to survive and make it all the way to lylo without saying a *single* scummy thing at all.

You know 1 is mafia, but you really have no idea which? What do you do? It could be as simple as 'no lynch' to improve random odds of victory or it could be using the beginning random vote, or it could be that you would never let the game get to this point by hanging the people who couldn't be read... I don't know.

I guess I just want to see how you guys respond.

Corvuus
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

I have no idea how I got 3 votes on me...thanks for the unvote!
As to your question...hmmmm, if all 4 players didn't say a "single" Scummy thing then I'd assume there were 4 Scum. In my very limited experience, the people that usually let little slips are Town as Town is less careful. Scum tend to be very careful with their words and the slips don't often happen. Which is why you will rarely see a Scum get lynched in Day 1...usually for a little slip.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

EBWOP
MiteyMouse wrote:I have no idea how I got 3 votes on me...thanks for the unvote!
As to your question...hmmmm, if all 4 players didn't say a "single" Scummy thing then I'd assume there were 4 Scum. In my very limited experience, the people that usually let little slips are Town as Town is less careful. Scum tend to be very careful with their words and the slips don't often happen. Which is why you will rarely see a Scum get lynched in Day 1...it is usually a Town lynch and usually for a little slip.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

StrangerCoug wrote:Be careful, MiteyMouse—as well as that works, there are no universal rules to scumhunting.
Not true. It doesn't work at all because everyone knows about it, and this has been the case for at least as long as I've been here.
MiteyMouse wrote:In my very limited experience, the people that usually let little slips are Town as Town is less careful.
Dangerous assumption.

At any rate... evidently a lot of this town is pretty useless. Corvuus never does anything but sidetrack as of yet and we have lurkers. I've obviously succeeded in getting the game rolling but evidently only in the sense that I'm now on everyone's scumlist. I'd like to at least put some pressure somewhere, and from what I've seen so far, I think a
Vote: SrangerCoug
can only do good.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Corvuus »

:(

I don't mean to sidetrack, but it just seems like your strategy (paraphrased) of

1. Vote 'random' player
2. Say "I found scum!"
3. "i will give reason later, all aboard the quicklynch train"
4. "I didn't mean it... just getting reactions"

Doesn't work that great.

It got you on everyone's scum list (as you pointed out) and it only semi-started the game. There should be a better way to get response/reactions out of people without having to be anti-town-ish.

That being said,

Vote: Primate

Town needs to gain info (via reaction, etc.) and his posting doesn't give info while pressuring him (or even lynching him if he is totally useless) might.

Corvuus
Zeppo007
Zeppo007
Townie
Zeppo007
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Zeppo007 »

I just did a reread to see if I could glean any useful information out of the posts so far. I didn't see much which is one of the reasons I haven't posted anything since my last post. I'm in agreement with Cephrir that we need to get some sort of useful dialog going.

As I read I get a somewhat scummy feel from both Mitey and Stranger. The feeling I get from Mitey as I read is that he's trying a little too hard to be one of the crowd. As for Stranger he seems very eager to jump onto any suspicious that is raised by another player.

At this point looking at both of them I get the most scummy feeling from Stranger so...

Vote: StrangerCoug
"Life is short and hard like a body building elf"
-Jimmy Pop Ali - Bloodhound Gang
SmintyLost23
SmintyLost23
Goon
SmintyLost23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by SmintyLost23 »

MiteyMouse wrote:I have no idea how I got 3 votes on me...thanks for the unvote!
As to your question...hmmmm, if all 4 players didn't say a "single" Scummy thing then I'd assume there were 4 Scum. In my very limited experience, the people that usually let little slips are Town as Town is less careful. Scum tend to be very careful with their words and the slips don't often happen. Which is why you will rarely see a Scum get lynched in Day 1...usually for a little slip.
No. Ceph is right. This is a dangerous assumption. The scum would try to balance out their posts and keep some variety between their styles. Maybe scum are a little more careful about slip ups, but I wouldn't generalize on scummy posting habits.

I agree with Corv about Primate. I'm convinced he's posting like that just for fun, and it isn't helpful. He can't contribute much in only images, so he's really not being much of an asset to the town. I don't think he's scum, because his posts make him stick out, but he's not being helpful.
Vote Primate
just for temporary pressure -- I want to see him post in words so that he can actually contribute.
is that a piano??

...and that's terrible
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: The wireless adapter on my computer is acting funny at the moment, so if I go too long without a post, that's why. I do have access to other computers, however, so I won't consider myself V/LA.

Noted.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Corvuus wrote:1. Vote 'random' player
2. Say "I found scum!"
3. "i will give reason later, all aboard the quicklynch train"
4. "I didn't mean it... just getting reactions"

Doesn't work that great.

It got you on everyone's scum list (as you pointed out) and it only semi-started the game. There should be a better way to get response/reactions out of people without having to be anti-town-ish.
Meh. It worked. I'm thinking we'd still be random voting.

@Primate voters: even if Primate is faking a PR, I don't think it's scummy. Antitown, perhaps, but not scummy. And I'm far from positive that he's making it up anyway.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cephrir wrote:@Primate voters: even if Primate is faking a PR, I don't think it's scummy. Antitown, perhaps, but not scummy. And I'm far from positive that he's making it up anyway.
I don't associate post restrictions with mini normals, nor do I think the pictures in and of themselves warrant a vote. If Primate is allowed to speak in words, I'd rather he do so, but his actions are not per se scummy.

Now, if he can't post words but he's allowed to post rebuses, then I can see him communicating.

MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Primate....can you post words?
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Corvuus »

I didn't say Primate's voluntary PR is scummy, I said it was anti-town.

i.e. it doesn't give us info or help the town overall.

I can't get a read on a 'picture' in order to determine what he is thinking/saying, etc. and how can he contribute to a real discussion with only pictures/smilies?

I mean, for all of you I could do a PBPA at some point but for him, if I click on his name now it is a bunch of pictures or a dancing smiling thing. He doesn't even have a random vote! The only word he has spoken is /confirm at the beginning!

So I think that at the very LEAST he can type "Vote: Insert name" to show that he can at least contribute that. But if he doesn't vote, then that is so glaring anti-town that we pretty much would have to get rid of him just to move on.

So yeah, I don't think he is scum; but until he types a word/vote I am voting for him (or if someone scummier appears).

Corvuus

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”