Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Porochaz »

pacman281292 wrote:
Porochaz wrote:pacman your post made no sense...
That's called a joke, as you said from your own post.
FoS: Porochaz
@wolf: I don't understand what's happening... this looks like either the biggest metagaming i've ever seen or the most complex breadcrumb ever existed. Or the biggest joke i've ever seen. I'm with the last, but it looks like it might be the first.
Sorry for the weird post, I'm tired...
I didnt understand thats all, I just wondered what you meant, I cant see how that deserves a FoS...

And claim as mafia, you know I wouldnt do that and you also know what I meant. If I was going to claim outing you as SK you know I would just claim Day rolecop, dont be stupid. I am an antitown role according to you a confirmed antitown role, which as far as I can tell, (pretty logically I might add) is not a good basis. You are nowhere near a vig. You are a SK, ones protown, the other is anti. One trying to kill scum, the other trying to kill everyone. Dont try and play this as the good guy, people will not buy it.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Porochaz »

pacman281292 wrote:
@wolf: I don't understand what's happening... this looks like either the biggest metagaming i've ever seen or the most complex breadcrumb ever existed. Or the biggest joke i've ever seen. I'm with the last, but it looks like it might be the first.
I didnt understand thats all, I just wondered what you meant, I cant see how that deserves a FoS...

And claim as mafia, you know I wouldnt do that and you also know what I meant. If I was going to claim outing you as SK you know I would just claim Day rolecop, dont be stupid. I am an antitown role according to you a confirmed antitown role, which as far as I can tell, (pretty logically I might add) is not a good basis. You are nowhere near a vig. You are a SK, ones protown, the other is anti. One trying to kill scum, the other trying to kill everyone. Dont try and play this as the good guy, people will not buy it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

No, you were clearly crumbing it for your buddies should anything happen like you getting lynched, with the intention of me taking it and calling it a joke.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

And you wouldn't claim Day Rolecop as it's a scum role.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yes, I am the good guy.

I cannot win as I am outed but i'd like to continue and play for town. It's also in towns interest to keep me around and try to catch mafia, atleast while there are mislynched anyway.

I cannot win, so keeping me around does absolutely no harm, and has many advantages.

Hopefully people i've played with before like Llama/Kloud will know this.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Are you reading what your posting before you press submit? really.

btw viewtopic.php?t=8110&postdays=0&postord ... start=1350 this page. Although you will have to go back a few more pages to get the whole thing, post 1353 (or 1535) is the one of relevance, the one where he thinks Im SK.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

Porochaz wrote:
pacman281292 wrote:
You are being hypocrite. My first game post is a joke; Your first posts are either jokes or something really weird, as I've stated later...
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Hopefully players like Llama and kloud will think SK = anti town = "hes trying to feed us bullshit" = lynch.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Xtoxm wrote:What the hell are you on about?

I just looked through Alvinz posts, he barely talks about EG, only some very light attacking at the start.

I can very easily see Alvinz as scum with EG.

vote Poro
What? Yeh, this just backs up what I said, so why you link to it I don't know.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Porochaz wrote:Hopefully players like Llama and kloud will think SK = anti town = "hes trying to feed us bullshit" = lynch.
No, that's just complete bullshit.

My win condition is anti-town, but I have already lost. I am not playing for my win condition anymore, I am playing for town, thus I am protown.

Any townie should be able to see that. Only scum want me dead.

As far as the scum are concerned, I am a mislynch on a vig. Want to follow the game I linked to so rigorously? Ended in scum win...
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Zorblag »

OK, things have gone crazy and I need to figure out what's happening. For now I will

Unvote

Normally I'd now cast a vote for LlamaFluff next (based on names and posts thus far) but clearly we're past a pseudo-random voting stage.

At this point we have Xtoxm claiming to be a SK. Is there any reason other than being a jester or some pro-town role that hurts the town for a town aligned player to claim that day one? I'm new to these boards and am seriously welcoming input from anyone including Xtoxm.

Further, Xtoxm is saying that Porochaz needs to be a scum daycop trying to breadcrumb the claim. Is there a great reason that a town daycop role wouldn't consider outing a threat to the town day one even if it was a SK rather than mafia? I don't know enough of how these two play to have a read on how they've chosen to interact thus far.

I don't like a SK saying that they'll act pro-town for the rest of the game if we let them live. They have no vested interest in helping the town win and I find it entirely believable that an outed SK would work to hurt the town rather than help. If they can't win there's no fundamental reason for them to play in a pro-town manner. I respect the move to stay alive using whatever means necessary but I don't buy the motive given.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Porochaz »

sorry you quoted 1364, I dont know if you read this right but I said 1353, which is this post
xtoxm wrote:The main thing that makes me doubt AJ is I really can't see him killing the doc, rather than making maf do it.

Infact, i've been thinking it's Poro who's SK
cos EG is the only one I can see doing that.

AJ, why did you kill MM?
Now please, put your glasses on, those post numbers are difficult to read...

At Pacman
meh, whatever, I missed the joke. I wasnt frustrated or annoyed at the confirmation stage, just asking the mod to clarify which she clearly did.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Further, Xtoxm is saying that Porochaz needs to be a scum daycop trying to breadcrumb the claim. Is there a great reason that a town daycop role wouldn't consider outing a threat to the town day one even if it was a SK rather than mafia? I don't know enough of how these two play to have a read on how they've chosen to interact thus far.
Rolecop is a scum role, only scum get it so he can't claim it and claim town. Town cops only get alignment.
If they can't win there's no fundamental reason for them to play in a pro-town manner. I respect the move to stay alive using whatever means necessary but I don't buy the motive given.
Not on the surface, no. But I like the line up of players here and i'd like to be able to play as town in this game, and so I would like to stay around and do that despite have "lost". Although I don't consider it lost as such, me being lynched today is what i'd consider lost, but that's irrelevent in terms of win conditions.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Porochaz wrote:sorry you quoted 1364, I dont know if you read this right but I said 1353, which is this post
xtoxm wrote:The main thing that makes me doubt AJ is I really can't see him killing the doc, rather than making maf do it.

Infact, i've been thinking it's Poro who's SK
cos EG is the only one I can see doing that.

AJ, why did you kill MM?
Now please, put your glasses on, those post numbers are difficult to read...

At Pacman
meh, whatever, I missed the joke. I wasnt frustrated or annoyed at the confirmation stage, just asking the mod to clarify which she clearly did.
I don't even remember saying it, but now you post it I do:

That is a horrible misrepresentation of the game. I held that as an opinion for an incredibly short period of time, and the endgame was mainly focused around the SK claim from AJ, and I was quite clear in that I thought you were mafia, for a quite long time.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Porochaz »

If hes playing as a Jester hes putting in one hell of a performance, I highly doubt it though for two reasons, 1, his whole reaction towards me and the claim of SK, 2, knowing farside, our mod, I can see her being outlandish in her roles but a Jester is one of these contraversial ones that not many people like, as it goes against the ethos of the game farside I believe being one of those people. However thats an opinion not a fact.

There are reasons why a town rolecop would keep quiet but then there are similar reasons for a scum rolecop to stay quiet as well. It really depends on the player.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Town doesn't get Rolecop's.

Nice try though.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Xtoxm wrote:
Rolecop is a scum role, only scum get it so he can't claim it and claim town. Town cops only get alignment.
Bullshit if mafia can get rolecops then town can as well, why wouldnt they?
If they can't win there's no fundamental reason for them to play in a pro-town manner. I respect the move to stay alive using whatever means necessary but I don't buy the motive given.
Not on the surface, no. But I like the line up of players here and i'd like to be able to play as town in this game, and so I would like to stay around and do that despite have "lost". Although I don't consider it lost as such, me being lynched today is what i'd consider lost, but that's irrelevent in terms of win conditions.
Again also bullshit.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

@Xtoxm: Check MafiaWiki.
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Xtoxm wrote:Rolecop is a scum role, only scum get it so he can't claim it and claim town. Town cops only get alignment.
Xtoxm wrote:Town doesn't get Rolecop's.
Is that a fast rule for MafiaScum? I know that I'm used to playing in a setting where town cops get role but not alignment. Is there a compelling reason that we should know that a town cop just gets town/anti-town here?

At this point I'm looking to establish the ground rules. Knowing that it's now things are normally done is not enough to convince me that it's not how it's being done in this case.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, I guess it's possible, in a theme. It wouldn't be in a Normal, I don't think.

I highly doubt it though.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well on our way to having another 40 page D1 in a three week deadline game it seems. Hell I confirm and come back from classes to see it on page 3.
Xtoxm wrote:Yes, I am an SK, however I will play as a vig, and I believe Porochaz is some kind of Mafia investigative role.
Is this actually serious? It comes off as a joke in context of the post but seems to be being actively followed up on. I dont understand how it makes poro scum too, since it seemed to be a joke that he called you an SK. If you are an SK though I really think that you shouldnt be around too long, or at least be kept under wraps for your NKs. Anti-town is anti-town. We cant really trust an SK to not deviate from a town plan if it serves in their best intrest (ie creation of prisoners dillema).

I think that wolf jumping as he has with setting up poro for a lynch if xtoxm is a SK is the most scummy thing we have.
Xtoxm wrote:Hopefully people i've played with before like Llama/Kloud will know this.
Well considering the only games I have played with you, you 1) self-hammered as an IC and 2) tried to get me lynched for being voteless town.

I want to talk more before we lynch anyone, but I dont think keeping a claimed SK around (for long at least) is a good move. The longer we go without a scum lynch the more of a liability you become as the ammount of mislynches decreases. It makes sense to get rid of you as fast as possible using that logic.

This whole claim really is something I have never seen before. The closest I have encountered is an SK claiming at L-1 on D2. Also you need to realize that using logic, you wont get NKed by mafia, not even roleblocked. With two kills happening a night, we could be at lylo as early as D2 if there are three scum.

There is too much along the lines of claiming in this game already, both character (which is a null tell at best) and powers (which again can be null, not as often though). Dont like that much activity in either of those two categories.

I dont like the claim and would be ok with a lynch of him today if I could get all the little nagging gremlins out of my head. Now regardless of what we do, quicklynch should not be occuring. It basically gives scum a free kill, and gets rid of a threat to them (town as well) in the process.

Anyways, this is a first in my about 15 games to see a SK claim page 2.

vote wolf

I dont like the setting up lynches with saying "poro must be scum rolecop". While some roles are inherantly town, I have never seen a role (apart from GF and traitor) that can be exclusively a scum role. I have seen town RBers, I can understand a town rolecop in this setup. That is something I would actually give town too as a mod since I dont like conventional investigative roles.

Lets not forget last farside game I was a random JOAT who had no vote initally, so odd roles are not out of the question in the leastbit. Also how would poro of gotten a result already? We havent had a night cycle yet.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

wolframnhart wrote:Honestly i don't like having an SK around, even if he does want to sick around and play as a vig. I thought Poro was just messing around calling you an SK, and you freaked about it. Could Poro be a day cop for mafia? maybe. But I would rather get rid of the known anti-town role.

unvote, vote Xtoxm
@llama
Where in hat post (or any of mine) did i say Poro should be our lynch tomorrow? I said
maybe
bu as of now I am no convinced. I do believe that Xtoxm is our best lynch because there is no guarantee that he will target scum, and if we did something like a town vote for who he should use his ability on, there is no guarantee it won't be scum driven. I would much rather lynch the known anti-town role as i have said to lessen the NK's. Unless there is a vig role out there or a cult or whatever role can kill off another person, by lynching Xtoxm we only have to deal with one NK and not two or more (depending on set up). By all means i do think we should discuss more so we don't speed lynch to Day 2 and have no other info to go on, but my vote stays on Xtoxm.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Porochaz »

He said day rolecop.

Ok I havent seen a farside modded game before, I just thought from her play and MD posts that she would stick to the more normal roles. Outguessing the mod is bad though so I shall not go further down that road. Your right about lynching too soon before we have more discussion however I still think no matter what Xtoxm is todays lynch for definite.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

wolframnhart wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:Honestly i don't like having an SK around, even if he does want to sick around and play as a vig. I thought Poro was just messing around calling you an SK, and you freaked about it. Could Poro be a day cop for mafia? maybe. But I would rather get rid of the known anti-town role.

unvote, vote Xtoxm
@llama
Where in hat post (or any of mine) did i say Poro should be our lynch tomorrow? I said
maybe
bu as of now I am no convinced. I do believe that Xtoxm is our best lynch because there is no guarantee that he will target scum, and if we did something like a town vote for who he should use his ability on, there is no guarantee it won't be scum driven. I would much rather lynch the known anti-town role as i have said to lessen the NK's. Unless there is a vig role out there or a cult or whatever role can kill off another person, by lynching Xtoxm we only have to deal with one NK and not two or more (depending on set up). By all means i do think we should discuss more so we don't speed lynch to Day 2 and have no other info to go on, but my vote stays on Xtoxm.
I am not saying that you explicitly said that, I dont think anyone is foolish enough to come out that blatantly with a comment like that. That post though heavily suggests that you think that poro has information that xtoxm is an SK. You go on to speculate that this information would likely make poro a mafia day-cop.

Let look at a few reasons why this is wrong. 1) What benifits come from mafia-poro claiming? Wouldnt mafia not want to claim they are a role cop? 2) Why do you assume its a scum role? In this setup I can see it being a town one.

I think poro either made a joke that outed an SK or is a town role.

@Poro - farside is an odd mod for sure. Last game town was - watcher, my JOAT, bodyguard, random inventor, lover(with scum). Given what has happened so far I dont doubt what either of you are claiming to know, and it will only get more confusing I am sure.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

llamafluff wrote:I dont like the setting up lynches with saying "poro must be scum rolecop".
Sounded to me like you were trying to say i explicitly said that, i must have read it wrong.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”