Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by Kinetic »

And one thing I did miscalculate on:

I figured that Tar wouldn't have added extra killing roles like Vig or SKs because they would have severely empowered the races that got them. My inability to read that survivors were their own race made it so I couldn't figure out that part of the set-up and truly messed up (maybe costing AoL the win?).

Additionally, I figured there was no doc saving role so I had to play the 'you can't touch me' gambit. Originally I wanted Emp to make all of the announcements I made and basically have me pulling his strings since he was unkillable, but he was too flaky and I got impatient.

Umm, I also figured the symmetry plan would work because too many scum in one race would have made it so the scum would be able to try and achieve race wins instead of faction.

Think thats all I got.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:42 am

Post by VisMaior »

I disagree with the setup beeing overly good. I think it sucked for the following reasons:

It was near-impossible to get to non-racial win by virtue of survivors.

Let me explain: I tought, and still think, that the first of my WCs was near impossible.
Therefore I went with the survivor WC. Which meant I had to use my kills to bring ANY race WC closer. Im sure the other survivors tought the same. With 2 killing survivors it was a race to not let any WC close enough to 2 surviving memnbers. Not really feasible.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Jha'Dur - This role was deceptive: the SK condition was unfulfillable by design. This was actually designed as the one true neutral survivor, with the SK condition simply intended as an incentive for the player with this role to kill people (preferably in a disruptive manner). I'm not sure whether forbiddanlight ever realized that the SK condition was unfulfillable, but she played the role very, very well (I was a bit disappointed that she played vig at first, but I do see the logic behind it).

Franklin (the obvious Doc rolename) was given to this character as a safeclaim both because I felt it was the strongest safeclaim available and because I wanted this role to have a hint that there was no Doc.
I knew SK was unfulfillable the whole time, to be honest. It was obvious no matter how you played it someone was going to win racially or factionally.

Actually, there was a possibility. If three unrelated races were dead, there was one AoL, one Volron, one Shadow Operative, and myself, and the Shadow op killed volron, volron killed AoL, and I killed Shadow. But getting in such a position would be practically impossible. I think I could pull off the same with one more AoL alive of one more race. So, SK wasn't so much unfulfillable so much as trying to fulfill Green Liquid's Innocent Scumbag altrenate wincon (Get lynched...but he was a confirmed innocent :P)

Ivanova - One of the first roles added to the setup, she remained untouched during design. If I had been playing this role, I would probably have globalblocked D2 (especially since that could protect malthusis/Mana_Ku) then daykilled ASAP D3), but veerus's decision made some sense.
I actually was wondering why there wasn't a globalblock D3 (after seeing the roles), which would have completely ruined my plans, since I'm not sure how long I could get away with claiming AoL vig, and claiming SK/Survivor would automatically make me the best lynch given the situation.

Narn Bat Squad Leader - Yes, this was a role in the game. Yes, it was vanilla. My name is Tarhalindur, you know...
Lynch bait!
- Forbiddanlight played an excellent game (to such an extent that I would call her the player who did the most to ensure her own win) - making up for Mind Screw II, I see?
I didn't make any 2 AM decisions :P. Or give my ability list to anyone. Or for that matter trust an SK :P. Oh wait, I did do that last. I trusted myself ^-^.

- Town won because Kinetic had enough information to figure out most of the setup and none of the killing roles ever took a potshot at him (FL's choice makes sense given how she played her role, but Mafia should have noticed that he pulled the same bluff in freaktown and not made the same mistake, and VisMaior of all people could have figured out he was bluffing).
I was vaguely considering killing you, but you really weren't hurting me, and you seemed relatively town. I seriously just played as if I was a vig with benefits, and used those benefits D3 for the win :P. Would you have believed my vig claim (though I would have had to find a different character, lol)?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I always get the overpowered roles in Tar games, don't I?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by veerus »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Ivanova - One of the first roles added to the setup, she remained untouched during design. If I had been playing this role, I would probably have globalblocked D2 (especially since that could protect malthusis/Mana_Ku) then daykilled ASAP D3), but veerus's decision made some sense.
I actually was wondering why there wasn't a globalblock D3 (after seeing the roles), which would have completely ruined my plans, since I'm not sure how long I could get away with claiming AoL vig, and claiming SK/Survivor would automatically make me the best lynch given the situation.
There would've been if I hadn't died in N2. I planned on blocking in N3 and blowing someone up in D4. I thought I had enough random suspicion on me (thinking B5 would have the most people and claiming as such) that I wouldn't get NK'd. And the extra day would've given me more information on who to blow up in D4.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by veerus »

Tarhalindur wrote:Now, time to get preparations together for Mind Screw 3... things like finishing balance, writing flavor text, and checking to see who wants to pre-in...
After playing this, I want more crazy Tar games!

/pre-in for MS3
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

There would've been if I hadn't died in N2. I planned on blocking in N3 and blowing someone up in D4. I thought I had enough random suspicion on me (thinking B5 would have the most people and claiming as such) that I wouldn't get NK'd. And the extra day would've given me more information on who to blow up in D4.
Oh yeah, I forgot you died, lol. Solly :P.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by malthusis »

@Tar: You did remember I pre-inned all the way back at MSII right? (The way this is going, the game could be a quarter full before anyone even signs up).
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm sure you remember I pre inned. Though I didn't do a few things and I'm sorry about that.
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 am

Post by armlx »

- The Mafia were already in a bad position to start with and compounded this with horrible play, especially with regards to kills (I don't get the dybeck I, dybeck II, and Darox kills in particular).
A doc protect on Kinetic was assumed and feared. I knew about the bluff in Freaktown, and just assumed the odds of him being protected were high enough to make killing him a poor option.

Darox was more or less my choice. I looked at the player list, saw who I felt was most likely to be a threat to us play skill in the abstract, and said target him. In retrospect I should have realized there was no way in hell the game was ending via our faction WC and tried to lean the kill towards someone who would help fulfill my race WC, probably RG as the confirmed townie.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”