Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Really? Funny, that, since all number twos are, AFAIK, part of Cavil's faction. Who want to destroy what remains of humanity, and boxed (resulting in the destruction of) every Number Three except D'Anna Biers, who now leads the Cylon group I'm a part of - the ones allied to humans.
Vote: Farkshinsoup
until you can give me a damn good reason not to.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:12 am

Post by camn »

I really don't get it.

KoC... I am glad we are starting to get some idea of the flavor.... and I totally caught your breadcrumb.

But I don't get all this claiming.

So the scum, let's assume they are all cylons aligned with Cavil (which I am totally just guessing about)... they want to kill us all.
So far, we have a Claimed Gunsmith, AND a Claimed Cop (cylon only) who is demanding more information about people's roles. Both of them are obviously aligned AGAINST Cavil, so they are good candidates for night kill. .
Now.. lets assume Cavil wants the Five. Wants to kill them.. maybe recruit them (speculation).. who knows. Lets say they buckle to this order
"
ALL CYLONS, CLAIM MAKE AND MODEL NOW
."
Then Cavil gets a free shot at them. I don't see how it helps us.. unless one of the scum accidentally CLAIMS SCUM... which I doubt will happen.

At this point I am glad that the scum can only kill one of us each night...
And I would like to reiterate. . I am against this claiming business TODAY.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:16 am

Okay, fine - no more Cylon claims, I'll just go out tonight and find out myself. Shame it's one shot.
I think, at this point, lynching Fark seems like a damn good idea - if only to test my theory that we have Humans and D'Anna's Cylons against Cavil's Cylons.
I will state this again - not all Cylons are scum. Heck, I am one, minus the inhibitor which blocked free will. Number 2's are almost certainly scum - I don't think there was a single Number Two in D'Anna's faction, even at the very start of the Cylon Civil War.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:18 am

Post by iamausername »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Really? Funny, that, since all number twos are, AFAIK, part of Cavil's faction. Who want to destroy what remains of humanity, and boxed (resulting in the destruction of) every Number Three except D'Anna Biers, who now leads the Cylon group I'm a part of - the ones allied to humans.
Vote: Farkshinsoup
until you can give me a damn good reason not to.
No they're not. Fours and Fives are part of the Ones's faction. Twos are aligned with the Sixes and Eights (sans Boomer) in the "Can't we all just get along?" rebel faction.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:19 am

*facepalm* this is what I get for not reading properly.
unvote
and apologies.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Camn wrote:And I would like to reiterate. . I am against this claiming business TODAY.
I get why you are against this. But think of it this way - in a regular game, your role would say something like "you are a vanilla townie, you win when all the scum are dead." So you know what team you're on, you know you're not a part of an informed minority (that's scum), and you also know that scum are going to try to pretend to be town in order to win.

In this game, though, (based on what I can glean from my role pm), all I really know is that I am not part of an informed minority, one of the conditions for being "scum". I don't know what team I'm on, and I don't know what team scum are on, so to speak.

So this limited claiming is necessary, because I assume that scum, (which could be humans, cylons, or some combination of the 2) know who they all are. Basically, it's like we are claiming "townie" without any knowledge about what side that puts us on. We all need that information so we can direct our lynches in the right direction. So far, we're not asking people to reveal everything about their roles, but names and identifiers are going to help town, I think. We are giving scum some information, (although they would already know who they need to kill to win) but we're getting much more info in return.

I'll tell you, when I first started the game, I wasn't actually certain that I was "town", but since I had so little information, I decided to just proceed as if I was, and now that we've gotten this stuff out in the open, I'm on much surer footing.

And remember, both Forbidden and Tar basically roleclaimed because they were lynch candidates. That happens in every mafia game once someone is about to go down.
iam wrote:Twos are aligned with the Sixes and Eights (sans Boomer) in the "Can't we all just get along?" rebel faction.
That's how I remember it. KoC, nothing I can really say to defend myself here, since it's all based on flavour interpretation.

I'd like to hear the other cylons give their model numbers, and names.

Also, I've completely lost track of who is and isn't a cylon, I'll have to go back and make notes about that.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

simulpost - I see you unvoted me KoC.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'd like to hear the other cylons give their model numbers, and names.
I take it I've done this already?

Also, I don't think this will lead us to scum for flavor reasons (good games rarely give flavor hints, or if they do they are balanced by scum fakeclaims)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:53 am

Post by iamausername »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Also, I've completely lost track of who is and isn't a cylon, I'll have to go back and make notes about that.
Cylons

forbiddanlight
Flask of Pestilence
Farkshinsoup
MacavityLock
Knight of Cydonia

Humans

Tarhalindur
Elmo
iamausername
Rishi
andersonw
camn

Still hasn't told us

Grimmy

I AM TRYING JUST AS HARD AS I CAN TO GET TAR TO ACCUSE ME OF IIOA!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:02 am

Post by MacavityLock »

While it puts Fark at a disadvantage for having already model-claimed, I agree with camn on this one. We don't know the agenda of scum, and model-claiming might play into their hands. You could say the same about cylon-claiming, but Elmo was right in that it was a necessary evil.

I'd prefer not to model-claim, but through another simul-post in preview, I see that a majority of cylons (or at least plurality depending on Grimmy) have in fact model-claimed. I'm still pretty well against it, but if the rest of the town would like us to, I will.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:10 am

Post by iamausername »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:
iamausername, in 436, wrote:I'm really sort of stuck for where to go now; I've got an unusually long list of people I
don't
want to lynch for D1, but no one at all that I have any particular desire to see dead.
Have you read over MacavityLock or the case against him? What do you think of it?
Yes. It annoys me because I don't think it's a particularly strong case, but it might still be the best we have.

Going back to #313, which covers all the main points against Macavity, if I'm not mistaken, I think the only really solid point is his fence-sitting during the Fark/Tim debate.

He's explained the question about Timeater's knowledge of the theme, and I don't see a reason to doubt that explanation. I'm not really seeing how the argument about what constitutes OMGUS says anything about Macavity's alignment. And I'm not sure that "Information Instead of Analysis" is a stronger scumtell than "No Information or Analysis, or much of anything, really", which Grimmy, andersonw and Awesome Pants (pre-replacement) have all been pretty guilty of.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Elmo »

I find it hard to think of a definitely 'safe' way to assess the model claim. I'm.. pretty neutral on it. I remain firmly on the fence regarding Macavity, too, mostly because I still haven't reread yet - I was terribly busy doing sweet fuck all. :effort:

Tar is lurking. Answer my perfectly reasonable question already.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by destructor »

Tarhalindur, Rishi and Grimmy have been prodded. These are Tarhalindur and Grimmy's thrid and final prods today.

The is less than 5 days away.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Rishi »

Elmo wrote:Rishi: I said that I didn't understand how it could be gauging reactions, which is what you said originally. I still don't, or see how "kill plz" could be scummy... you've just sort of said "you can't do that!". Well, I did - why am I more likely to be scum because of it?
Okay, I’m not sure if this discussion is useful, but here’s what it seems like you did:

1. Said something without any justification.
2. Waited until someone accused you of being scummy for providing opinions without justification.
3. Jumped on them for asking you for justification because what you did wasn’t scummy.

So I’m not sure why you think providing opinions without justification isn’t scummy. It seems your argument is either: a) It can’t be scummy because if you were scum, you wouldn’t be so obvious. b) If you were sccm, then you wouldn’t be so apathetic.

Now, I think the phrase is overused, but I think both of those are WIFOM situations. I may not have explained why I think what you did is just a tiny bit scummy, but what I don’t understand is why you’re saying it’s not. All you’re saying is, “I don’t see why it’s scummy.” You’re playing dumb, and you’re a smarter player than that. That’s weird to me.
Flask of Pestilence wrote:
We just weren't sure initially how we should come forward with our information. I still have my thoughts about what the set-up could look like, and I know that I had one particular theory about the set-up that made me think coming forward might have done more harm than good, but we eventually decided to just come forward in some way anyway expressing our thoughts about forbiddanlight's role claim and its relationship to us.
You guys are allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread and you still came down on the side of being mysterious and evasive (at least at first)? Lovely. By the way, in response to FoP’s later question, the original post was evasive. FoP did come forward on their own, but it still looked like they were waiting to see how things would shake out before coming forward.
Farkshinsoup wrote:Hmmm, Grimmy's posting elsewhere on the board. He seems to be in a lot of games, and he may be prioritizing where he posts, he complained about RL issues in another thread. Worth an FoS.
Just an FoS? Isn’t that the definition of lurking? Ignoring one game while posting actively in others?

The thing that bothers me about this claiming business is that you’re making half the players name claim and the other half are not expected to claim. If you think name claiming is actually a useful information, then shouldn’t everyone do it?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 am

I'm happy to lynch Grimmy for lurking if nothing else comes up. Would still rather lynch based on scumminess, but a Grimmy lynch would still be preferable to a no-lynch.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Elmo »

My argument isn't anything, at the moment. By default, an action isn't scummy. There needs to be some reason as to why it is; I can't think of one, and I don't believe you've put forth one. I don't see this as particularly useful, but I'll answer as long as you're asking.

The problem was also in the degree of the reaction. Tar's post was pure hyperbole. I would definitely look more favourably on "Elmo, that's scummy" rather than OMG MUST KILL. There is also the fact he latched onto what FL was saying, which is part of the reason I wanted to lynch him over her.

I am okay with a lurker lynch, but I should point out that, being a lurker, he might not be around to claim before deadline. I imagine he'll end up getting replaced.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:04 am

Actually... hang on. Five claimed Cylons. I'm a Centurion allied to Natalies/D'Anna (forbiddan)'s faction. Fark claims to be a Number Two, and forbiddan claims to be the last remaining Three... I'm seriously thinking Flask of Pestilence and MacavityLock for scum now. Assuming Fark and forbiddan are telling the truth - two scum seems a bit light, so I'd assume we have another scum who is lying about being human, or Grimmy is the 6th Cylon, and 3rd scum.
Vote: Flask of Pestilence
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Elmo »

Problem: Flask is obv town.

Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Rishi wrote:Just an FoS? Isn’t that the definition of lurking? Ignoring one game while posting actively in others?
Yes, but he already had some votes on him, I was more interested in putting my vote on anderson, who I consider to be actively lurking. (posting without saying much). It's a worse crime IMO.

With the deadline, we should start talking about who we would lynch. Remember it will just take a simple majority, so we should actually be able to figure it out pretty easily.

I'd lynch Macavity, Anderson, maybe rishi, although I'm less keen on that now.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Grimmy »

MacavityLock wrote:Grimmy and camn still owe cylon-claims.
sorry for the delay. Major RL issues kept me from surfing as much as I would like.

In Summary
Im a amnesiac cyclon who feels closer to the humans and is sure of him/herself to where I can make my own decisions and have no dormant programming.

Also, Im sure of one other person in this game, but that one shall remain unmentioned.

I have not watched the game so I am reading up on it as I go. So if I seem lost about bsg specific comments, its because I am.

Grimmy
will have to look back for lynch candidates
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I don't like grimmy's claim at all. It doesn't fit. Any name or model number, Grimmy?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Farkshinsoup wrote:I'd lynch Macavity, Anderson, maybe rishi, although I'm less keen on that now.
Up until this post, you haven't mentioned me once. What's your case on me?
Farkshinsoup wrote:Any name or model number, Grimmy?
I thought we weren't all doing that?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:12 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Actually... hang on. Five claimed Cylons. I'm a Centurion allied to Natalies/D'Anna (forbiddan)'s faction. Fark claims to be a Number Two, and forbiddan claims to be the last remaining Three... I'm seriously thinking Flask of Pestilence and MacavityLock for scum now. Assuming Fark and forbiddan are telling the truth - two scum seems a bit light, so I'd assume we have another scum who is lying about being human, or Grimmy is the 6th Cylon, and 3rd scum.
Vote: Flask of Pestilence
By the way, this post is full of a lot of bad assumptions. We only have your word that its Nat's faction vs Cavil's. We don't know that scum actually claimed cylon. We don't know that scum weren't given fakeclaims. Given the show, I wouldn't say we know that D'Anna is on Nat's side.

I'm also not particularly happy with the way you claimed, quickly (the same page as your breadcrumb) and I'd say unnecessarily.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Grimmy »

Farkshinsoup wrote:I don't like grimmy's claim at all. It doesn't fit. Any name or model number, Grimmy?
the amnesiac comment is more aligned with everyones memory loss. I was trying to paraphrase

I am sure you can figure out the rest of my claim with what I typed before. Keep in mind im trying to fit my role pm into a way that fits more of what I know of themafia game and roles rather than what little I know of the show.

And I also thought we were only partial claiming and not name and model #.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't like KoC's assumptions. You aren't playing mafia, you are playing "outguess the mod", I think. Not sure what to make of Grimmy's claim but I think I have an idea.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”