Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

unvote, vote: Farkshinsoup
for a highly unhelpful page 1. I don't know when deliberately not trying to help the random vote stage kickstart the game became
in vogue
, but it has to stop.

KingEnigma is confusing me, but I'm not sure why Tar expects the random stage to be more or less wishy-washy than any other stage of the game.
#greenshirtthursdays
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
unvote, vote: Farkshinsoup
for a highly unhelpful page 1. I don't know when deliberately not trying to help the random vote stage kickstart the game became
in vogue
, but it has to stop.
You shot who in the what now? What did I do ( or not do) on page 1 that you have a gripe with?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:30 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Vote: Channeldelibird

unvote
Fark, what was this all about?
I won't answer at this time. Try again later, maybe.
That, basically, reads to me like "woo I'm so mysterious no info for you! Let's undermine the random voting stage by refusing to discuss things but intimating that they are important!"
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Vote: Channeldelibird

unvote
Fark, what was this all about?
I won't answer at this time. Try again later, maybe.
That, basically, reads to me like "woo I'm so mysterious no info for you! Let's undermine the random voting stage by refusing to discuss things but intimating that they are important!"
I would draw a distinction between "refusing to discuss things" and "temporarily withholding information".

In every game I've played on MS, my first, random vote always goes to the first name on the list of players in post 1. I also usually explain this along with my vote. But I wanted to try something different this time (I stole this idea from Natirasha, who always self votes first, but doesn't explain it) and since iam's avatar is a cylon centurion, I also really wanted him to be my first vote, because it seemed too perfect. Hence my first post.

I wanted to see if that post would ping anyone's radar, and if anyone would check out my other games and figure out why I did it. Iam asked about it, Grimmy speculated (incorrectly) about it, and now my answer to iam's question has gotten you twisted up enough to put your vote on me. I now also know that the 3 of you have not checked out any of my previous games, so that tells me a little something about how you guys play.

I'd argue that that has generated more discussion than if I had just answered, "Oh, I always vote the first person on the list."

I find it interesting that you reacted so strongly to my non-answer. To characterize it as a "highly unhelpful page 1" is an overstatement. It seems like your vote on me is there to discourage a certain kind of play. Or possibly, it's a reaction to the fact that you don't know why I was acting the way I did, and that made you nervous for some reason. I'd like to hear more from you.
Elmo wrote:As far as I know, his meta is that he asks questions (etc) instead; I count not doing (or delaying) that as a small scumtell. Do you follow my train of thought, here?
Yes. This I can get behind. When I have a little more time, I'll try to read more KE games and see if this is the case.

unvote
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 am

Post by KingEnigma »

as far as I know we have graduated from the random stage.

voting for someone because they are voting for me is barely more than random.

I do not want to random vote, this does not mean I do not want to vote for some one, I will. I will when there is more discussion (outside of everyone trying to figure me out) and I get a better feel for you all. I'm not one to go back and reread games so all of my basis will be from this game, maybe you do not play that way, but it is the way I play.

Also, I'm going to have fun, and that means attempting to be funny, whether you guys think it is funny is subject, but I find it funny and that means I'm having fun.

I feel the need to post this, because quite frankly, I have a feeling it will be getting a lot worse before it gets any better.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:18 am

Post by iamausername »

andersonw wrote:Also, were you deliberately exaggerating in the first part of this post?
Yeah, totally.
andersonw wrote:I would say that I am still voting for you because it still seems that we are in random voting.
Really? I can assure you that my current vote is definitely not random.
andersonw wrote:Also, I generally don't unvote unless if I think someone else is scummy enough for them to deserve a vote (or if s/he is close to being lynched and I want more discussion).
This is good practice.
Elmo wrote:Why are you speaking up for him, pray tell?
Oh, I always side with the underdog. OK, mostly, I thought the question in #41 was a good one to ask, and it seemed like it was being ignored. I mean, if we've progressed beyond the random stage (and clearly, we have), then we shouldn't been letting people get by with reasonless votes, no?
Elmo wrote:(Also.. preferred shortening of your name? :) )
I like to leave this open, because it amuses me that no one can agree on the best one. :P
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

KingEnigma wrote:as far as I know we have graduated from the random stage.
I disagree strongly - as far as I am concerned, we will be in random stage until people start building cases on other players (no matter how weak). Speaking of that...
voting for someone because they are voting for me is barely more than random.
Let me get this straight.

As far as I can tell, you are implying that OMGUS is a valid reason to vote someone, albeit a very weak one. This, in turn, implies that voting for you is a weak scumtell.

1) Is this logic flawed, and if so why?

2) If OMGUS is a valid reason to vote someone and you haven't found any more valid reasons for voting, why aren't you voting with OMGUS as your justification.
I do not want to random vote, this does not mean I do not want to vote for some one, I will. I will when there is more discussion (outside of everyone trying to figure me out) and I get a better feel for you all. I'm not one to go back and reread games so all of my basis will be from this game, maybe you do not play that way, but it is the way I play.
If there's one thing I find scummy, it's an unwillingness to take a stand on other players.

Given what you currently know, do you think iamausername is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think that Timeater is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think that I, Tarhalindur, am scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Timeater wrote:
Unvote, because you made me laugh. Vote: Timeater, because you didn't make me laugh. You said "OUT OF RANDOM STAGE UNVOTE" without adding anything remotely useful, and that makes me sad.
Well, it does seem we are out of the random stage. Whats wrong with me unvoting? I just had nothing to contribute at that point.

Just some thoughts about the play so far:

Elmo - I like his play so far. Solid questions, balanced probing (mmmm probes)
iamausername - He had every right to call me out on the no comments thing (same goes for Rishi I guess), but it was a little overzealous. Too zealous?
Tarhalindur - I dont like how he's been hoping around his vote so much.
King Enigma - admitted activer lurker with his refusal to random vote? I think Elmo is reading too much into that.

I dont really have opinions on the rest of ye, not enough posts yet.
Wait a minute... you're summarizing game events and not actually saying who you think is scum? Information Instead of Analysis, anyone?
FoS: Timeater

Timeater, time for you to answer some questions:

Given what you currently know, do you think Elmo is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think iamausername is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think that I, Tarhalindur, am scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

Given what you currently know, do you think King Enigma is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Timeater »

Why are you demanding I answer your questions in such an oppressive manner? Thats odd. Why not just say, hey, Timeater, yo, whats up - what do you think about X and X? And why are you
just
now addressing my post, two days after the fact? What makes you think you can just demand answers out of everyone in this fashion under the guise of good scumhunting? Thats a little ballsy. I dont like it.

I haven't come to a proper conclusion about who I think might be scum. There just isnt a whole lot to go on so far. No one has made an obvious scum blunder and pretty much everyone has been reasonable and rational. I dont like your playstyle so far (you, Tarhalindur) its been very meta-ish and erratic. First, with the multiple unvotes and votes, and then with this, a formatted questionaire you think people have to answer in tandem or else you can accuse them of being scum for not being helpful. That kind of aggressive playstyle has stood out more than King Enigma's or anyone else, imo.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I approve of Tarhalindur vs. Timeater (BTW, how do I pronounce your name? Are someone who eats Time, or who eats Tim? Cause those are 2 very different kinds of eating. :wink:)
Tarhalindur wrote:Information Instead of Analysis, anyone?
Since you're asking anyone, I think you're reaching a bit. Seemed like he was just summarizing his impressions of people up to that point.
Timeater wrote:What makes you think you can just demand answers out of everyone in this fashion under the guise of good scumhunting?
He has every right to ask you (or anyone else) these questions, and he really isn't being all that aggressive (I'm trying to imagine how thestatusquo would have done it). I would call it "direct and to the point".

I'd like to hear your answers. You seem evasive.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Timeater »

I'm really not being evasive, or trying to, I'm just sort of taken aback at this pre-formatted questionaire style of doing things. And since when is there a Timeater vs Tarhlindur debate, Farkshinsoup? Seems like you're trying to make a distraction and a "matchup" when there really isnt one. Are you trying to brew up trouble?
Given what you currently know, do you think Elmo is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

No. He's been asking all the right questions and doing all the right things for a strong alpha townie to do. I would even go so far as to say I'm an Elmo fanboy.

Not sure. I didnt like how he pounced on me for not posting anything when I genuinely had no opinions on the game so far. But post #64 is pretty good. I would lean towards saying he's town because of that one.

I am seriously considering voting for you, yes. I would like to hear what you have to say though. I dont like the erratic behaviour and I dont like how you've been "gaming the game" so to speak. The unvotes and votes in particular, what was up with that? And now you've started up with these irritating formatted questionaires, a situation which any scummer could use heavily to his advantage. For instance, by giving yes or no answers on certain people, you can use that information later in the game to build phoney cases, and exploit players more easily by building divides between players (e.g saying you are sure "yes" x and x is scum d1) on the flipside - it can build possible bonds between scummers and townies via a simple yes. I just dont like that.

Given what you currently know, do you think King Enigma is scum? Please answer yes or no, and give reasoning.

I dont think he is, no. He's being confusing, but at least he is sticking to his guns about his philosophy. I liked what Delibird said about it "KingEnigma is confusing me, but I'm not sure why Tar expects the random stage to be more or less wishy-washy than any other stage of the game."
Woo.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Timeater wrote:And since when is there a Timeater vs Tarhlindur debate, Farkshinsoup?
I really just used "Timeater vs. Tarhalindur" as a shorthand to denote the interactions between you two.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Rishi »

Farkshinsoup wrote: In every game I've played on MS, my first, random vote always goes to the first name on the list of players in post 1. I also usually explain this along with my vote. But I wanted to try something different this time (I stole this idea from Natirasha, who always self votes first, but doesn't explain it) and since iam's avatar is a cylon centurion, I also really wanted him to be my first vote, because it seemed too perfect. Hence my first post.
I'll post more later, but I felt that this needs to be said:

Natirasha is not a player you should model your play after.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

The "first vote" thing is really all I know about the guy. I've never played with him. My play style is still evolving, and i keep ripping stuff off from other players as I see fit.

So who else can we talk trash about? :)
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

I edit my earlier statements Tar-Man, I ME KINGENIGMA have graduated from the random stage, if you have not caught up yet, then I will wait for you.

waiting....
waiting...
waiting....welcome to the next stage.

the you suck vote is fine for some people, but it is a freaking nonrandom random vote, its not random in the sense that you are voting for a specific person for a specific reason but that. is. it. There is no basis for the vote other than hurt feelings and "haha, you suck".

I am town. Therefore anyone voting for me, because I am town, is of course suspect, but then you don't know that i'm telling the truth, which makes you less scummy, but then if you are scum, you know I AM town and that makes you more scummy, so I guess i'm trying to say is: Voting for me is no more or less scummy than the person behind it.

anyone defending anyone is kind of suspect. (I heart you though iamausername)
anyone saying "whatever everyone else thinks, i'll do that" is also suspect.
bullying people and not answering questions you yourself pose is suspect.

and yes, i believe you all to be scum, till I find/believe otherwise.

Oh and I got a little blip on my scumdar from Farkshinsoup...cant figure out why or how, but its there.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (2)
- andersonw, Awesome Pants
KingEnigma (3)
- MacavityLock, Elmo, Tarhalindur
ChannelDelibird (1)
- Rishi
Grimmy (1)
- Grimmy
Timeater (1)
- iamausername
Farkshinsoup (1)
- ChannelDelibird

Not voting (3) - KingEnigma, Timeater, Farkshinsoup

Seven
votes to lynch.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

KingEnigma wrote:anyone defending anyone is kind of suspect. (I heart you though iamausername)
So what do you make of his defence of you?
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

anyone defending anyone is kind of suspect.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

KingEnigma wrote:anyone defending anyone is kind of suspect.
Can you elaborate on why you think that is so though?
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

How do you interpret it? I think the answer is fairly obvious, but maybe i'm a minority here. BUT I'm going to assume your a fairly intelligent person and know why its suspect, so that brings into question why ask me why? You know the answer.

I got an idea, I'm not going to post anything for a while, cause apparently those who don't post are invisible and because I'm here contributing I'm getting asked redundant questions.

Did I just say "Hey, stop looking at me, nothing to see here, look over there!!"?

Maybe. This is a burden all vote leaders must bear.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

I want to hear your reasoning of it in relation to this particular case. Since you seem to be adamant to not give it however, I do have an idea of what your reasoning might be. I've heard people say that they find it suspicious as it can often be scum buddies defending each other, in which case, if that was your reasoning for 'anyone defending anyone' being suspicious, then I'd probably find you suspicious and think that you might've made a slip.

You bring up a good point about lurking too I think. I'm kinda guilty of lurking to a degree both as town and as scum, but I think it might be interesting to have a bit of a 'policy lynch' in regard to lurking. I guess we don't really need a set of rules or anything that we can use to make emotionless lynches, but rather a rough plan of sorts to weed out people that are excessively lurking, or at least encourage them to post more. I hardly ever see lurkers get lynched, though I haven't really played in many games. Thoughts?
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by Timeater »

Who's lurking? MacavityLock? Delibird? I think people are posting within moderation.
watch for the eggshells
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

I wasn't trying to suggest that people are lurking excessively now, nor do I think that it'd be good to lynch someone purely for lurking right now. I just think it could be something to consider discussing to encourage activity.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Rishi »

KingEnigma wrote:How do you interpret it? I think the answer is fairly obvious, but maybe i'm a minority here. BUT I'm going to assume your a fairly intelligent person and know why its suspect, so that brings into question why ask me why? You know the answer.

I got an idea, I'm not going to post anything for a while, cause apparently those who don't post are invisible and because I'm here contributing I'm getting asked redundant questions.

Did I just say "Hey, stop looking at me, nothing to see here, look over there!!"?

Maybe. This is a burden all vote leaders must bear.
I don't know about this. I really doubt that anyone would be dumb enough to defend their scumbuddy so early in the game.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:49 am

Post by MacavityLock »

KingEnigma wrote:anyone defending anyone is kind of suspect.
I also wonder about what kind of "defense" we're talking about here. Seems to me that if often happens that someone makes an argument, some people interpret it as scummy, yet others find it pro-town. Is that defense, or difference of opinion?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”