Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:35 am

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Rishi (1)
- ChannelDelibird
andersonw (1)
- iamausername
iamausername (3)
- Farkshinsoup, andersonw, Awesome Pants
KingEnigma (1)
- MacavityLock
ChannelDelibird (1)
- Rishi
Tarhalindur (1)
- Elmo
Grimmy (1)
- Grimmy

Not voting (3) - KingEnigma, Tarhalindur, Timeater

Seven
votes to lynch.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Grimmy »

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.
QF-GOD GIVEN- T

im adding this to my sig.

truer words were never posted.

except that one time about someone warning me that the blind date I set up pver the internet would be a 350 lbman and not the college hot chick he pretended to be.

We are quite happy three years later btw.

grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:47 am

Post by iamausername »

andersonw wrote:
Elmo wrote:I don't think I'm being impatient; in the 'model game' for not random voting, Newbie 465, people ask questions in their first post, even if it's as basic as "are you scum?" - and I can't see any reason to delay doing that. Definitely, if I were not-random-voting, I'd have asked a question or two by now, so I'm curious.
Are you scum?
A++, awesome post, would read again.

Unvote
, because you made me laugh.
Vote: Timeater
, because
you
didn't make me laugh. You said "OUT OF RANDOM STAGE UNVOTE" without adding anything remotely useful, and that makes me sad.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:47 am

Post by iamausername »

Awesome Pants wrote:You seem to think that we've moved out of the 'stage', can you indicate the exact post where you think this is hapened?
Do you think it's necessarily possible for a transition from non-serious to serious to be narrowed down to any one post in particular?
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Grimmy »

It usualyl happens when someone puts forth a solid vote with a solid reason for that person, which gets people talking about whether or not it is good or bad

Grimmy
fights this post for all he is worth (yeah, not so much actually)
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Elmo »

andersonw: No - but then I wouldn't tell you if I was, would I? Oh, the tangled webs we weave..

I don't get why people would just vote someone, wait a bit, unvote, and then stare at each other, saying "the random stage is over". That's like some kind of mystical good luck ritual - you have to take it a little further than that for things to happen, yeah? That said, KingEnigma doesn't random vote, fine, but he also doesn't appear motivated to do anything to get the game going, so
unvote
:
Tarhalindur
vote
:
KingEnigma
. Might go to Timeater.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Okay, so if I random voted I would have been completely ignored by you? But because I didnt random vote and just chose to "wait it out" I'm scum? Yeah that makes perfect sense.

I'm seriously confused here, but I'm going to be taking the zen approach in this game, so yeah....
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Unvote: Vote Elmo

It seems like you are voting King solely because you have a gripe with his play style. Not good.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Elmo »

If you believed random voting was a good way to start the game, and you random voted, you would be trying to move the game forward. You don't, which is fine; you said in 27 that you ask people questions, poke at people, etc instead. But you're not doing that. The implication is that you're not interested in moving the game forward.
MacavityLock wrote:I also think we're seeing some rather interesting reactions.
Might you possibly elaborate on that? Whose is the most interesting?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Elmo wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I also think we're seeing some rather interesting reactions.
Might you possibly elaborate on that? Whose is the most interesting?
KingEnigma's, actually. Specifically:
KingEnigma wrote:Everyone who is voting for someone, why are you still voting for them? Apparently we have moved on, and now you all look scummy! (? I mean you guys need to pick one, you cant keep on me for not voting if your voting for someone that you actually dont think is scum)
I thought that was kind of interesting. Not necessarily scummy. Just... pushy might be the right word.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

iamausername wrote:Do you think it's necessarily possible for a transition from non-serious to serious to be narrowed down to any one post in particular?
No, as often some people will still be taking the game lightly while others are taking it more seriously. Having said that, it could be possible to name a post where every post after that post is a serious contribution, or at least an attempt at a serious contribution. :P
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote, because you made me laugh. Vote: Timeater, because you didn't make me laugh. You said "OUT OF RANDOM STAGE UNVOTE" without adding anything remotely useful, and that makes me sad.
Well, it does seem we are out of the random stage. Whats wrong with me unvoting? I just had nothing to contribute at that point.

Just some thoughts about the play so far:

Elmo - I like his play so far. Solid questions, balanced probing (mmmm probes)
iamausername - He had every right to call me out on the no comments thing (same goes for Rishi I guess), but it was a little overzealous. Too zealous?
Tarhalindur - I dont like how he's been hoping around his vote so much.
King Enigma - admitted activer lurker with his refusal to random vote? I think Elmo is reading too much into that.

I dont really have opinions on the rest of ye, not enough posts yet.
watch for the eggshells
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Rishi »

Awesome Pants wrote: Do you find this behaviour scummy?
I find it only a tiny bit scummy - it was probably one of the most notable things I saw on Page 2.
Farkshinsoup wrote: Unvote: Vote Elmo

It seems like you are voting King solely because you have a gripe with his play style. Not good.
I don't like this. I think that Elmo has a legitimate gripe with what KE is doing. It's not just play style.
Timeater wrote:Well, it does seem we are out of the random stage. Whats wrong with me unvoting? I just had nothing to contribute at that point.
There's nothing wrong with unvoting at that point. But, if we're out of the random stage, you should have something to say. Your post seemed like you were trying to not make any waves and were trying to look as inconspicuous and uncontroversial as possible.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Rishi wrote:I think that Elmo has a legitimate gripe with what KE is doing. It's not just play style.
I also think that Elmo has a legitimate gripe with KE. But that's not the issue. The question here should be: is KE's behaviour thus far a scumtell, or a null tell? I say it's a null tell because that's his meta. Of course, it doesn't mean that he's not scum, but I'd like Elmo (or anyone else) to make more of a case for it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:37 am

Post by iamausername »

Actually, I think people are being a little hard on KingEnigma. It's like, because KE doesn't random vote, there's suddenly all this pressure on him to make an amazing post that suddenly makes the game super-serious and gives us all an untold wealth of beautiful, delicious information. And the rest of us can just sit back and wait for him to get on with it, because hey,
we've
random voted. What have
you
done to help the town, KingEnigma?
Elmo wrote:If you believed random voting was a good way to start the game, and you random voted, you would be trying to move the game forward. You don't, which is fine; you said in 27 that you ask people questions, poke at people, etc instead. But you're not doing that.
Like this. What do you think the last paragraph of #41 was, if not asking questions and poking at people?

In fact, I think he had a very good question there, and I'd like to hear some answers. Why is everyone voting the person they are voting for? Elmo and Fark are the only ones with any particular reasoning behind their votes that I can see.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Rishi »

iamausername wrote: In fact, I think he had a very good question there, and I'd like to hear some answers. Why is everyone voting the person they are voting for? Elmo and Fark are the only ones with any particular reasoning behind their votes that I can see.
My vote's on CDB. Started as random, but I don't see the need to remove it until he starts participating.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 am

Post by KingEnigma »

I have a meta? Dude, do I need to get a prescription for that? Would I need to let my wife know, or am I okay in keeping her in the dark?

and iamausername, shhh don't let people on to reading what I wrote, they may get the wrong impression that I'm trying to participate.

I want to vote for Elmo, but thats mostly because Elmo hurt my feelings....but I may get over it, but it'll take time.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 am

Post by andersonw »

[offtopic]Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a large theme whenever they look at this thread? Or is it just me? (it's probably because of the fancy OPs)[/offtopic]
Grimmy wrote:It usualyl happens when someone puts forth a solid vote with a solid reason for that person, which gets people talking about whether or not it is good or bad
Why did you answer a question directed at Awesome Pants?
iamausername wrote:In fact, I think he had a very good question there, and I'd like to hear some answers.
I would say that I am still voting for you because it still seems that we are in random voting. Also, I generally don't unvote unless if I think someone else is scummy enough for them to deserve a vote (or if s/he is close to being lynched and I want more discussion).
Also, were you deliberately exaggerating in the first part of this post? It seems like a bit of an overrepresentation or what's going on with KE now, although I agree with the general idea of it.
Timeater wrote: King Enigma - admitted activer lurker with his refusal to random vote?
I don't see how taking a "zen approach" correlates to being an "active lurker".
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

KingEnigma wrote:I want to vote for Elmo, but thats mostly because Elmo hurt my feelings....but I may get over it, but it'll take time.
Translation: I want to OMGUS, but I'm afraid someone might notice. I'm quite happy with my random vote for the moment.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

uhh, ohmygodyousuck votes are glorified random votes, do we really need to get back into this discussion?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

KingEnigma wrote:uhh, ohmygodyousuck votes are glorified random votes, do we really need to get back into this discussion?
That is completely and utterly false once the vote you'd be OMGUS-ing isn't random. Elmo's vote on you is not random.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

no, but if my vote for him is for nothing other than the fact that he voted for me? Where is the basis of the vote? Is that scummy or am I jumping my emotions? If I put thought into it (which, i will admit I have not at this point) then maybe it wouldnt be so much, "you suck!", but more along the lines of "Well, it may appear this way, but in fact....."

But in this particular case, Elmo is being a bit bullying towards me, but i'm not seeing this as overtly scummy, so therefore my vote wouldnt be placed on who i think is scum, it would be there to say "oh my god you suck" and that is very much a glorified random vote...
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

OH!

and i dont know who is scum yet, before you guys go "Well, who do you think IS scum?"
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Elmo »

Iam: I don't think there's
undue
pressure on him to make information happen. I don't support the view that all one needs to do is random vote, but I don't see that opinion as scummy. 41 looks like criticism of the random stage, the last part asking people about it; but I think he said it's pointless, so why ask about it? Why are you speaking up for him, pray tell? (Also.. preferred shortening of your name? :))

Fark: Not random voting is null. As far as I know, his meta is that he asks questions (etc) instead; I count not doing (or delaying) that as a small scumtell. Do you follow my train of thought, here?
KingEnigma wrote:I want to vote for Elmo, but thats mostly because Elmo hurt my feelings....but I may get over it, but it'll take time.

I'm curious to know what a "zen approach" is, though.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

KingEnigma wrote:no, but if my vote for him is for nothing other than the fact that he voted for me? Where is the basis of the vote?
... Do you think that Elmo's vote for you is scummy? Do you think that, given what you currently know, Elmo is the most likely player to be scum? If you do, you should be voting for him.
But in this particular case, Elmo is being a bit bullying towards me, but i'm not seeing this as overtly scummy, so therefore my vote wouldnt be placed on who i think is scum, it would be there to say "oh my god you suck" and that is very much a glorified random vote...
That sounds amazingly wishy-washy for the random stage.

Vote: KingEnigma
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”