Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Kinetic »

If you don't know why Emp cannot be Mafia B, its because of your own claim. He cannot be Mafia B because of your own case. Sens is not the same as Sera who is the same as Emp, thus Emp cannot be the same as Sens, who is Mafia B.

You've virtually cleared Empking, how can you then vote him? If you're confirmed then Empking is cleared.

Additionally, if you still believe this:
Electra wrote:Wouldn't Seraphim have the same alignment as Sens if he were Mafia, though? (mafia-aligned)
Then Emp cannot be Mafia A either. This is on top of the evidence I already provided.

I personally don't believe it, that mafia A and mafia B would show up as the same to your supposed ability, but you're the one who should know it best, including your special notes. This is just yet another contradiction in both your logic and your play.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Empking »

The arguments against Caboose are good.

I'm not going to vote Sera for obvious reasons. Kinetic's role claim makes sense and he's acting townie so I won't vote him.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Kinetic »

Empking wrote:The arguments against Caboose are good.

I'm not going to vote Sera for obvious reasons. Kinetic's role claim makes sense and he's acting townie so I won't vote him.
Another reason Emp cannot be Mafia A. If he was Mafia A with Sera, he would have hammered immediately and won the game.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Electra »

Fine.

I still think you're being too... something... about this gambit thing. Maybe once I've played more games on this site, people will know that I never make gambits as Mafia because it's just a bad play.

But if Empking and Seraphim are Mafia A, then I can't think of any reason for him not to lynch Caboose.

So
unvote
vote: Caboose
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Caboose »

You just lost, Electra.

Nice job guys.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:42 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Four Vote Count #3: End of Day Four

3 Caboose (Seraphim, Kinetic, Electra)
1 Empking (Caboose)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Not Voting – 1 – Empking

~

Caboose, Socially Dependent Vigilante, Self-Aligned
has been lynched!
Caboose, Socially Dependent Vigilante wrote:
Socially Dependent Vigilante

Each night, you may target a player. That player will then die, unless something prevents them from dying. There are at least two methods in which your role may be responsible for that player not dying.

(1) The player will not die if you end up targeting yourself.
(2) The player will not die if you end up targeting a dead player.

You are self-aligned, but you win when the town wins. The town win condition can be found in the sample role PM given at the beginning of the game.

Good luck, and have fun! Be sure to read the rules of the game. Confirm your role by PM.
It is now
Night Four
. Deadline for night is December 6, 9:59 pm CDT.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Empking, Townie, Town, has been shot!

Empking, Townie wrote:
Townie

You are a vanilla townie. You have no special abilities, although you do have an extraordinary ability for giving a good, bloodcurdling scream upon death. How you are aware of this before you have actually died is for you to ponder.

You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and somebody with the exact same win condition as you is alive.

Good luck, and have fun! Be sure to read the rules of the game. Confirm your role by PM.
It is now
Day Five
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and it will take
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is December 21, 9:59 pm CDT.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I'm really tired.

But I'm not surprised that I'm still alive. If what I said yesterday still stands then the only people who could be scum are myself and Electra. And if Electra is scum, killing me off would be like shooting herself in the proverbial foot.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you guys don't vote until we discuss, we're in LyLo, etc etc.

I'm going to look over things, but I'm almost positive that Electra is the last scum. That being said, something is nagging me a little bit, and just to make sure I didn't miss anything I'm going to re-read the thread once more. There is bound to be something there if Electra is scum and I intend to find it.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Seraphim »

Wow. So the entire Mafia A thing was bullshit after all. Well, I'm also almost positive that Electra is the last scum; however, I want to hear what Electra has to say about the entire thing first.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Electra »

Sigh.

I checked Kinetic last night, and he was not the same, so obviously,
vote:Kinetic

Unfortunately, I do not have the energy or the desire to convince Seraphim otherwise. So I will answer your questions, but I will make no arguments of my own.

If you are town, Seraphim, then you win if you lynch Kinetic. If you lynch me, you lose. It's really that simple; I don't say these things when I'm mafia. So your fate is in your hands. Have fun with it. (If you're scum somehow, you win automatically of course :p ).
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Well I've spent the better part of the day instead of making an appeal to emotion looking to find the links. And they're there.

First:
I'm pretty sure this is my favorite type of game.

vote: Sensfan
for not posting yet
Okay, I promise to post more from now on, if I can remember this forum.

But anyway, I don't find ooba suspicious right now, as he started the game by saying that he didn't want to random vote, which I don't think scum would have done. It's too unnecessary when scum can just vote and blend in.

I also find it interesting that the charter bandwagon lost steam very quickly - while I'd like MafiaSSK to be more specific, I think there's some value to whatever meta he's seen. I also think that charter's posts, especially the one of being sure that SensFan is town, is scummy.

So
unvote, vote: charter
Electra's first two votes are for Sens/Charter. Odd. Looks like distancing...

Additionally Electra doesn't go on to vote either again until:

You continue to make short posts that address nothing and have no backing and are just plain rude.

You say you're busy but apparently this doesn't keep you from being on Mafiascum, it just keeps you from posting any content.

unvote, vote:SensFan

Welcome to L-1.
Welcome to the Bus. This is after Electra makes her Cop gambit, Sens looks like he's going to be lynched, and Electra makes sure she is on the lynch. Makes her "Virtually Confirmed".

Sens stayed at L-1 for a while. If his scum partner is not on this lynch yet, the smart play is to hammer him as scum. It just is. Hammering a scum is a great thing to have on your record in a game.

Electra also isn't the first person to back off the lynch, forbiddenlight is. Then Seraphim backs off before FL brings Sens back to -2 (and to the point where he will be lynched at deadline).

What happens next? With less than a day to deadline, Electra unvotes Sens, and begins a Wagon on wolf. Sens immediately jumps on wolf to help save his life, but neither has reached 3 votes yet...

Eventually Emp seals the deal, bringing wolf to the top, and even though a counter wagon re-begins on Sens (one I would have voted for had I replaced Tamuz then and not the next day), Caboose, FL and Sera, all who I believe are pretty much town, are unable to overcome the scum driven counter wagon.

Honestly, it would have been a perfect play for the scum if Caboose didn't kill Sens.

I keep returning to the arguments between Sens and Electra Day 2. The more I read it, the more I see scum distancing and even some clever play from Sens. If the two discussed this claim before hand, I'm thinking Sens purposely told Electra to have some holes in her claim that he could point out and if she died he would come out looking almost psychic.

I think if you're having trouble seeing Electra as scum, go re-read that with the possibility that Sens and Electra are on the same team. It fits, too well.

vote:Electra
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Five Vote Count: #1

1 Electra (Kinetic)
1 Kinetic (Electra)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and it will take
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is December 21, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting - 1 - Seraphim
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

Alright then. My decision has been made.

Vote: Electra
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:48 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Five Vote Count #2: End of Day Five

2 Electra (Kinetic, Seraphim)
1 Kinetic (Electra)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Not Voting – 0 – Nobody

~

Electra, Which-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop, Town, has been lynched!

Seraphim, Townie, Town, has been endgamed.

Kinetic, Mafia B, wins along with SensFan and charter!

ShadowGirl, Gambler, Self-Aligned, wins!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:01 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

TOWN

Which-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop, Electra wrote:
Which-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop

As a child, you spent way too much time watching Sesame Street. You have a Snuffleupagus plushie to keep you company at night, and a rubber duckie for the bathtub. You also have become particularly adept at telling when two things are not the same.

Each night, you may investigate one player. You may not investigate yourself. Your result from this investigation will invariably be either “Exact Same” or “Not the Exact Same”. Your first investigation will get a “Not the Exact Same”.

You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and somebody with this exact same win condition as you is still alive.

Special Note(s): If a player you investigate has the
exact same alignment
as the player you investigated the
previous
night, you will receive a result of “Exact Same”. Otherwise, you will receive a result of “Not the Exact Same”. If you are role-blocked (or otherwise stopped from receiving a result), you will receive a “Not the Exact Same” result. If something were to cause this to happen a second time
in a row
, you will receive an “Exact Same” alignment. Necessarily, if you are blocked one night and not the next, you will automatically get a “Not the Exact Same” result, as you will be comparing something to
nothing

PJ
Double-Dipper Doctor, ooba wrote:
Double-Dipper Doctor

Ice cream – as you know – is delicious. Why have one serving when you can have two?!

Each night, you must target two players, and neither of those players may include yourself. If those two players are of the exact same alignment, they will both be protected from 1 nightkill each for that night only. If they are not the exact same alignment, neither player will receive that protection.

Oh, and one more thing. You can never submit the pairing (two players) for protection more than once. For example, if you protect Players G and H on Night Three, you may not protect both Players G and H on the same night ever again. Knowing that, you might want to plan ahead.

You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and somebody with the exact same win condition as you is alive.

Special Note(s):
There is at least one way for the mafia to be able to kill a player you successfully protect on that same night. There are also roles (not including your own role) which cannot be protected by your role to begin with. This does not mean you are the only protective role in the game. Essentially, if a player you protect dies, you may not want to jump to conclusions about the alignment of the other player you protected…

PJ
Pretty Much Useless, SocioPath wrote:
Pretty Much Useless

During one -- and only one -- night of the game, you may investigate one player. You will then be told one
exact
role-name that that player
does not have
. That role-name may not necessarily even be in the game.

Special Note(s):
Even if you receive a result of “Mafia A Goon” (i.e. the player you investigated does not have the exact role-name of “Mafia A Goon”), this does not preclude that player from being a part of "Mafia A". In the event you are role-blocked (either directly or indirectly, such as by a role which “cannot be targeted”), you will receive the result of “Townie” regardless of your investigation target.

The role-name for this was crafted specifically so you can claim “My role is pretty much useless”, and be one-hundred percent correct even if it turns out your role is much more useful than you might imagine it to be. This is not a guarantee, however, that your role is in any way actually useful.

PJ
Mod Note: All investigations on other players will have the result “Pretty Much Useless.” If PMU investigates itself, PMU will instead receive the result “Much More Useful than You Might Imagine.”

Townie Minus, Yaw wrote:
Townie Minus

You are a vanilla townie – plus something bad!

Special Note(s):
Neither your role nor your role PM will be revealed upon death. Joyous day! Your alignment, however, will be revealed.

PJ
Townie, forbiddanlight, MafiaSSK, Natirasha/Empking, Seraphim wrote:
Townie

You are a vanilla townie. You have no special abilities, although you do have an extraordinary ability for giving a good, bloodcurdling scream upon death. How you are aware of this before you have actually died is for you to ponder.

Special Note(s):
There is a special note here simply so you can be assured that every role in the game has at least one special note.

PJ
SELF-ALIGNED

Gambler, Shadowgirl wrote:
Gambler

Time to press your luck. On Night One of the game (but not pre-game) you must submit to me a list of exactly
4 live players
in the game, not including yourself. If you fail to send me such a list, you will be modkilled if you are alive, and lose the game immediately. There is at least one other method (besides not sending in a list) for your role to be modkilled – please refer to your special notes section. Your flavor for being modkilled will always be “shot”.

You win if at the end of the game 3 of those 4 players on your list are dead
prior to “endgame” killings

Special Note(s):
An endgame killing occurs when the mod “calls” the game (thus ending the game). For example, if Day Six opened with two mafia (from the same mafia) alive and one townsperson alive, that townsperson would be endgamed and that townsperson’s death
would not
count as a death for the purposes of your win condition.

If you are lynched Day One,
you can still send me a list of four players during Night One
(and not any other night). Just be sure to remember that the longer you live, the more control you will have over who dies.

Other methods for you to be modkilled are included in the rules posts of the game.

PJ
Fatalistic Survivor, wolframnhart wrote:
Fatalistic Survivor

Sigh.

You’re pretty sure you’re going to die at some point. In fact, you spend most of your time trying to predict how you will die. It’s not a great life. But who knows, maybe you’ll have a great death.

Every night, you must send me the name of one player in the game you think is probably thinking about killing you.

You win if you achieve one of the following: (a) you correctly choose a person who is a member of a group that kills you; or (b) you are still alive when the game ends.

Special Note(s):
(1) A group that does not have a killing power cannot trigger your win condition. For example: Scum A is a mason with Townie X. If you predict "Townie X" will kill you and Scum A kills you, this
would not
satisfy your win condition because Townie X is not a party of a killing group, even though he may have been in a "group" which killed you (i.e. Scum A). Hope that's not terribly confusing. (2) If you are lynched,
you lose
unless something prevents you from dying.

PJ
Socially Dependent Vigilante, Caboose wrote:
Socially Dependent Vigilante

Each night, you may target a player. That player will then die, unless something prevents them from dying. There are at least two methods in which your role may be responsible for that player not dying.

(1) The player will not die if you end up targeting yourself.
(2) The player will not die if you end up targeting a dead player.

You are self-aligned, but you win when the town wins. The town win condition can be found in the sample role PM given at the beginning of the game.

Special Note(s):
The town can only win if at least one townsperson is alive at the end of the game; this means that if you survive but no townspeople survive,
you will not win the game
. That said, you may wish to be extra careful with your kills...

PJ
MAFIA

Mafia B, charter, SensFan, RandomGem/Tamuz/Kinetic wrote:
Mafia B Goon

You are a Mafia B Goon, and your partners are
XXX
(Mafia B Goon), and
XXX
(Mafia B Goon). Each night, you may talk amongst yourselves. You may only talk with each other at night, and during pregame. Each night, you may also collectively decide upon one person to kill. Prior to the deadline, any member of the mafia may send me (a) who you are killing, and (b) who will be performing the kill. If you do not specify who performs the kill, the player who submitted the kill will be treated as performing the kill. The choice that gets to me closest to deadline (and prior to the deadline) will be the official choice.

You win when your mafia
outnumbers
all other live players in the game.

Special Note(s):
In the event you have a traitor, they are guaranteed to
not
have your exact same win condition, which means they
will not
count as an aide for you to “outnumber” other players.

Additionally, role-names in this game may not all happen to be strictly “normal”. For example: if a Psychiatrist of some variety existed in the game, they might have the role-name “Manic-Depressive Psychiatrist”, or “Pie in the Sky Psychiatrist”, and so forth. You may want to keep that in mind should you fake-claim. At least one exception to this is the standard Townie role, which can be found in the sample role PM at the beginning of the game.

All members of Mafia B have the exact same special notes.

PJ
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:16 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Choices

Day One
  • Lynch SocioPath, Pretty Much Useless, Town
Night One
  • Electra, Which-one-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop, investigates SensFan, receives “Not the Same”
  • ooba, Double-Dipper Doctor, protects ShadowGirl and Seraphim, fails
  • Caboose, Socially Dependent Vigilante, kills ShadowGirl, successful
  • ShadowGirl, Gambler, guesses that MafiaSSK, Empking, Electra, and charter will die
  • wolframnhart, Fatalistic Survivor, guesses that [Yaw]’s group will kill him
  • RandomGem, Mafia B, kills ooba, successful
Day Two
  • Lynch MafiaSSK, Townie, Town
Night Two
  • Electra, Which-one-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop, investigates Seraphim, receives “Not the Same”
  • Caboose, Socially Dependent Vigilante, kills charter, successful
  • wolframnhart, Fatalistic Survivor, guesses that [Seraphim]’s group will kill him
  • charter, Mafia B, kills Yaw, successful
Day Three
  • Lynch wolframnhart, Fatalistic Survivor, Self-Aligned
Night Three
  • Electra, Which-one-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop, investigates Empking, receives “Same”
  • Caboose, Socially Dependent Vigilante, kills SensFan, successful
  • SensFan, Mafia B, kills forbiddanlight
Day Four
  • Lynch Caboose, Socially Dependent Vigilante, Self-Aligned
Night Four
  • Electra, Which-one-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop, investigates Kinetic, receives “Not the Same”
  • Kinetic, Mafia B, kills Empking, successful
Day Five
  • Lynch Electra, Which-one-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop, Town
  • Kinetic, Mafia B endgames Seraphim
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:21 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

MOD COMMENTARY

1.)
This game was developed with a few particular concepts in mind: the Cop role, multiple alignments, getting players to think strategically to maximize the usefulness of their roles, and setting the stage for creative fake-claims.

2.)
I really think 14 players is the best number of players for this particular game. I felt that I could not squeeze this game into being a 12-player mini game; getting in four (technically five) different alignments with still only one mafia was not easy, and I felt that 12 would be much too favorable to the mafia.

If the game had been 16 players I feel that would have necessitated a fourth mafia member, which would then make the mafia too powerful and require the game being bumped up to 18 players. This seemed like overkill, so I vowed to stay at 14 players and worked from there.

3.)
I am very keen on the Cop role implemented in this game – I think it is nice twist on what is “Traditional.” Unlike a normal Cop, it will not have any useful information whatsoever even on Day Two of the game. By Day Three there is a fair chance the role may be dead, or – as was the case here – when it claims a town still will not quite know how to handle the results, even if they
believe
the claim.

The role was further diluted (and made much more fitting) due to the public knowledge that there were at least four alignments in the game, so that even if the Cop determines that two players do not share the same alignment, one of them turning up “Mafia B” would not preclude the second player from being some type of scum.

Finally, the information that being role-blocked results in a “Not the Exact Same” result was one last method to weaken the effectiveness of this role.

4.)
The Vigilante was clearly the most powerful role in the set-up. Unfortunately it almost carried the town to a win in this game all by itself, and this is one of the reasons I dislike unlimited Vigilantes in games – they can effectively be the sole role responsible for the game outcome. In the past I have limited this aspect by only allowing “1-Shot Vigs” and the like, but in this game I wanted to try to limit the effectiveness of the Vigilante in a more novel way.

-->
a.
The Vigilante will not investigate as “The Exact Same” to the Cop directly after the Cop investigates a townsperson, and the Vigilante knows they will not investigate as “innocent” if there is a regular Cop. This was done for the purpose of making the Vigilante look like a Serial Killer, or at least an anti-town role, while making sure the Vigilante has this in their head. To avoid being painted as a Serial Killer, a Vigilante may decide to only Vig as in certain situations.

-->
b.
The Vigilante could not be protected by the Doctor, because it did not share an alignment with any other players.

-->
c.
I tried to give the Vigilante an incentive
not
to kill by making it explicit that the Vigilante could not win if all the
actual
townspeople were alive, but this was apparently not incentive enough to get the Vigilante to not kill every night. To make it clear that this was not an ordinary “filled” town, I made sure to include in the rules that there were at least
four
different alignments in the game.

My biggest regret in this game is by far the fact that the Vigilante killed every night. I feel this unbalanced the game in favor of the town. I have already thought of other ways to try to limit Vigilante kills besides “You have X-Shots,” but I will not divulge them here as I plan to use some of them in other future games.

5.)
In almost all of my past games, rather than including a Doctor role I have instead included a Bodyguard role. To avoid having this meta applied to my games across the board, I decided to include a Doctor this game. To make the role one which requires more skill than usual to play, I added the twist that the Doctor needs to protect two people of the
same alignment
to be effective, and that combinations cannot be duplicated. This makes the Doctor less and less powerful as the game goes on, requiring more and more skill to protect effectively and forces (to a limited extent) the Doctor to
plan
protections ahead of time so as to avoid duplicating a combination.

6.)
I have always thought regular Survivor roles are much too difficult to play – in a way they are like a Serial Killer who cannot even kill the people trying to lynch them. So I decided to give the Survivor role in this game a back-up win condition: guessing who will kill them at night. This role was ultimately meant to help the mafia, as this role will want to avoid being lynched at all costs.

In this particular game, I definitely think the correct play by D3 of the game was to counter-claim the Caboose saying “I killed ShadowGirl N1” and go for the “let’s kill each other tonight” plan. [Yes, I know Caboose claimed to be 1-Shot, but… pfft!]. Essentially, even if this role were to
really
think they found a mafia member, they would arguably be better off keeping that mafiate alive and then saying that person’s group would kill them overnight.

7.)
The Gambler role has been something that I’ve been considering implementing for well over a year. Naturally it died before I could ever see how the role would influence a game. The role was generally there to aide the mafia, in that a player with such a role would likely pick out the players who were
most likely to be lynched
and then
try to lynch those players
. As there would be more “natural” resistance to lynching players who were mafia, this role should theoretically end up pushing on townspeople. Alternatively, this role had a
great
incentive to fake-claim for any number of reasons, which helps the mafia in that (a) such a claim may result in lynching a townsperson, and (b) after a townsperson is lynched after from a fake-claim claim, the Gambler role
itself
is likely to be lynched or Vigged.

8.)
To give the mafia just a bit more leverage, I included the “Pretty Much Useless” role and the “Townie Minus” role. The former was in place as a role that was likely to have difficulties in the event of a mass-claim, and the latter was included as a possible source of confusion (which is invaluable in a game with short and strict deadlines). Naturally, both of these roles would make even the most “off-the-wall” fake-claim much more believable.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:49 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Why'd you kill me, Caboose?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Kinetic »

WOOT

I so thought I was coming into an unwinnable game. I mean I only had to get a VIGILANTE lynched then a virtually confirmed COP lynched back to back to win...

Who the hell is going to be able to do that!?
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Narsis »

you?

anyway...i started watching this game towards the end. i must say you played extremely well Kinetic. your logical skills are very strong. i'd love to be on your team if i ever played with you.

i must say that i think the the game favoured scum a bit, however, Caboose and his awesome vigging gave the town a huge advantage. when it came down to the end...it really could have gone either way.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Caboose »

ShadowGirl wrote:Why'd you kill me, Caboose?
You acted extremely anti-town near the end of D1. You didn't vote, which is a HUGE scumtell. You also looked like you were trying to just coast through D1.

Here are my notes on you guys:
Day 1 Notes wrote:ShadowGirl
Getting major scum vibes from her. Kind of sat and coasted through D1. Didn't say anything to raise any eyebrows, but didn't actually help the town win. Didn't vote. Seemed a bit anxious to get to the night, but that could indicate a pro-town power role.

charter
Don't like the Sensfan comment, but I don't know if he deserves to be vigged because of that. Defensive at non-attacks. Asked for a SG wagon for no apparent reason. Prevents a Sensfan wagon. Asked questions with no follow up. Used crap logic to try to call me scummy. Tries to deflect attention to ooba once that wagon starts. Adopts the "everyone's out to get me" attitude. Tries to prevent SP lynch, pushed for an SSK one instead.

Electra
Was the object of an attempted last minute bandwagon, but I don't like the fact that Yaw chainsaw defended her and her OMGUS vote on SP.

forbiddanlight
Her level of activity is uncharacteristically low. Hasn't said anything scummy, though.

MafiaSSK
Very anti-town, but not necessarily scum. I'm buying his roleclaim. He might be my target N2 depending on how he acts D2.

Empking
Nat bugged the crap out of me. Anti-town play, but not necessarily scum. Weak reason to vote Electra. I don't really have a read on him yet.

Ooba
His first few posts pinged on my scumdar because of the lack of reasoning. Yaw's chainsaw defense of ooba also doesn't really sit well with me, I'm surprised that I didn't see that at the time. Voted SSK on the last few pages with little reason, send up a red flag with me. Would be informative to learn his alignment because it provides insight into Yaw's, Seraphim's, and possibly Empking's. Probable kill for tonight.

RandomGem
Don't really have a read on him.

Sensfan
I'm seriously considering vigging him so that I don't have to see his avatar again. Nothing really stuck out as scummy to me today.

Seraphim
Possibly scum from his starting a bandwagon on Electra at the last second possibly to save SSK. Possible scumpartner is Yaw.

wolf
No read yet. Pretty opportunistic jump onto SSK wagon, though.

Yaw
Really not liking his play. He starts a wagon on SP, pretty much chainsaw defending Electra and steered wagon away from SSK.

Alright, so I'm going to make my final decision based on what I just observed and my gut.

Kill: ShadowGirl
Day 2 Notes wrote:What the F*&k?! Why did SSK sit and lie to us?
I'm OK with my kill last night. While SG wasn't scum, she was anti-town.

Now, for tonight...

charter
Something about him that I'm just not liking. There's the SP issue (where he "thought" that SP was town and setting himself up for "told you so"), he's defending Seraphim (who I think is scummy, but we can lynch him tomorrow), and he didn't explain his vote on SSK. Also, uncharacteristically low activity. Trying to hurry up the SSK lynch. Most likely scum in my eyes if SSK doesn't flip scum.

Electra
Not sure about her (I hope I'm getting the pronoun right).

forbiddanlight
Rolefishing at the beginning of D2. Trying to prolong the day for no good reason.

Empking
Needs to participate

RandomGem
Hasn't participated

Sensfan
Seems town to me

Seraphim
Starts on soft crap attacks on both me and Yaw busting out of the gates on D2. Could be scum.

wolf
Also trying to delay an SSK lynch.

Yaw
Subtle rolefishing at the beginning of D2, but I think he's been exonerated by the fact that SP flipped town.

Hopefully this one is good.
Kill: charter
Day 3 Notes wrote:Alright, bagged a scum last night.
But there's no time to gloat, it's time to take care of charter's scumbuddies...

Electra
I believe her cop claim for now.

forbiddanlight
Not sure why she wanted Sens bandwagon D1, but it increases scuminess seeing that charter flipped scum. Tried a crap attack on me D1 and then backed off when she saw that it was going to blow up in her face. Scummy since that's exactly what charter did as well. Subtle rolefishing D2. Tried to drag out D2 more than needed. Flips out when Electra claims and tries to crap on her claim, then goes along with me. Probably SK.

Empking
Extremely scummy. Talks about 2 factions of scum at beginning of day. Buddies up with Sens. Depends on how Sens flips.

Tamuz
RandomGem jumps in and attacks the case on charter D1. Then, he jumps in again and attacks the case on SSK D1. Sits and tries to call all cases weak D1, which increases scuminess. Subtle rolefishing.

Sensfan
Crazy scummy from FL's and my conversation with him. Role sounds like scum role.

Seraphim
Yaw flipping town and charter flipping scum increases scuminess. Gives a claim when not even close to being lynched. Tried a crap attack on me D2 and backed off. If FL flips town, it increases his scuminess. Most likely confirmed town if Sens flips scum.

At this point I think that the rest of the scumteam is Tamuz and Sens. The SK is most likely FL.
Kill: SensFan
I had Tamuz pegged on Night 3. If we had lynched Sens Day 3, I would have vigged Tamuz.

I'm happy with my performance, though. :D
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Caboose »

Oh, and
@PJ: Did you think my notes were annoying or interesting?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Kinetic »

Caboose wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:Why'd you kill me, Caboose?
You acted extremely anti-town near the end of D1. You didn't vote, which is a HUGE scumtell. You also looked like you were trying to just coast through D1.

Here are my notes on you guys:
Day 1 Notes wrote:ShadowGirl
Getting major scum vibes from her. Kind of sat and coasted through D1. Didn't say anything to raise any eyebrows, but didn't actually help the town win. Didn't vote. Seemed a bit anxious to get to the night, but that could indicate a pro-town power role.

charter
Don't like the Sensfan comment, but I don't know if he deserves to be vigged because of that. Defensive at non-attacks. Asked for a SG wagon for no apparent reason. Prevents a Sensfan wagon. Asked questions with no follow up. Used crap logic to try to call me scummy. Tries to deflect attention to ooba once that wagon starts. Adopts the "everyone's out to get me" attitude. Tries to prevent SP lynch, pushed for an SSK one instead.

Electra
Was the object of an attempted last minute bandwagon, but I don't like the fact that Yaw chainsaw defended her and her OMGUS vote on SP.

forbiddanlight
Her level of activity is uncharacteristically low. Hasn't said anything scummy, though.

MafiaSSK
Very anti-town, but not necessarily scum. I'm buying his roleclaim. He might be my target N2 depending on how he acts D2.

Empking
Nat bugged the crap out of me. Anti-town play, but not necessarily scum. Weak reason to vote Electra. I don't really have a read on him yet.

Ooba
His first few posts pinged on my scumdar because of the lack of reasoning. Yaw's chainsaw defense of ooba also doesn't really sit well with me, I'm surprised that I didn't see that at the time. Voted SSK on the last few pages with little reason, send up a red flag with me. Would be informative to learn his alignment because it provides insight into Yaw's, Seraphim's, and possibly Empking's. Probable kill for tonight.

RandomGem
Don't really have a read on him.

Sensfan
I'm seriously considering vigging him so that I don't have to see his avatar again. Nothing really stuck out as scummy to me today.

Seraphim
Possibly scum from his starting a bandwagon on Electra at the last second possibly to save SSK. Possible scumpartner is Yaw.

wolf
No read yet. Pretty opportunistic jump onto SSK wagon, though.

Yaw
Really not liking his play. He starts a wagon on SP, pretty much chainsaw defending Electra and steered wagon away from SSK.

Alright, so I'm going to make my final decision based on what I just observed and my gut.

Kill: ShadowGirl
Day 2 Notes wrote:What the F*&k?! Why did SSK sit and lie to us?
I'm OK with my kill last night. While SG wasn't scum, she was anti-town.

Now, for tonight...

charter
Something about him that I'm just not liking. There's the SP issue (where he "thought" that SP was town and setting himself up for "told you so"), he's defending Seraphim (who I think is scummy, but we can lynch him tomorrow), and he didn't explain his vote on SSK. Also, uncharacteristically low activity. Trying to hurry up the SSK lynch. Most likely scum in my eyes if SSK doesn't flip scum.

Electra
Not sure about her (I hope I'm getting the pronoun right).

forbiddanlight
Rolefishing at the beginning of D2. Trying to prolong the day for no good reason.

Empking
Needs to participate

RandomGem
Hasn't participated

Sensfan
Seems town to me

Seraphim
Starts on soft crap attacks on both me and Yaw busting out of the gates on D2. Could be scum.

wolf
Also trying to delay an SSK lynch.

Yaw
Subtle rolefishing at the beginning of D2, but I think he's been exonerated by the fact that SP flipped town.

Hopefully this one is good.
Kill: charter
Day 3 Notes wrote:Alright, bagged a scum last night.
But there's no time to gloat, it's time to take care of charter's scumbuddies...

Electra
I believe her cop claim for now.

forbiddanlight
Not sure why she wanted Sens bandwagon D1, but it increases scuminess seeing that charter flipped scum. Tried a crap attack on me D1 and then backed off when she saw that it was going to blow up in her face. Scummy since that's exactly what charter did as well. Subtle rolefishing D2. Tried to drag out D2 more than needed. Flips out when Electra claims and tries to crap on her claim, then goes along with me. Probably SK.

Empking
Extremely scummy. Talks about 2 factions of scum at beginning of day. Buddies up with Sens. Depends on how Sens flips.

Tamuz
RandomGem jumps in and attacks the case on charter D1. Then, he jumps in again and attacks the case on SSK D1. Sits and tries to call all cases weak D1, which increases scuminess. Subtle rolefishing.

Sensfan
Crazy scummy from FL's and my conversation with him. Role sounds like scum role.

Seraphim
Yaw flipping town and charter flipping scum increases scuminess. Gives a claim when not even close to being lynched. Tried a crap attack on me D2 and backed off. If FL flips town, it increases his scuminess. Most likely confirmed town if Sens flips scum.

At this point I think that the rest of the scumteam is Tamuz and Sens. The SK is most likely FL.
Kill: SensFan
I had Tamuz pegged on Night 3. If we had lynched Sens Day 3, I would have vigged Tamuz.

I'm happy with my performance, though. :D
If it makes you feel better, I absolutely knew I had to get you lynched or my chances of winning were virtually null. Even if you didn't kill me, you having a kill made things very bad for me in a lot of ways.

So when I entered the game I made you the priority of my attack. The entire day way to get you lynched and to look townie doing it.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Yaw »

Yeah, Caboose was owning this game. Good job.

I also really like the cop variant.

Really thought Kinetic had hung himself there by trying to tie his role to mine after Sens had just flipped scum while doing the same thing...
Success breeds suspicion
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Yaw wrote:Yeah, Caboose was owning this game. Good job.

I also really like the cop variant.

Really thought Kinetic had hung himself there by trying to tie his role to mine after Sens had just flipped scum while doing the same thing...
Ah, but mine was a better claim. Plus it also worked in that Sens's role technically would still work by the role I claimed, which would explain why the person in my role didn't counter-claim him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”