Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Caboose »

K wrote:Either way, I believe the best play is to lynch Caboose. I don't believe his 1-shot Vig ability in the slightest, and I think he's the most likely person alive to be scum.
Good, because it's not true. I'm a
Socially Dependent Vigilante
. I get a kill every night unless I end up targetting a dead player or I end up targetting myself. I'm self-aligned. I win when the town wins, but I need at least one town aligned person to be alive when that happens, that's where the "socially dependent" part comes in. I'm not the SK, look at my play in this game. I lied because I needed to get my kill on Sens in because I knew that no one in this game would grow a backbone and lynch Sens.

Reason why I waited for Tamuz claim: If Tamuz claimed vig, I knew that he would be the SK, but that didn't happen.

I'm trying to figure out these NKs, myself. I killed SG, charter, and Sens, but I don't know how the scum kills worked.

I know I'm not the SK. I'm just not. If you lynch me, you'll lose because there's most likely 2 mafia A out there and I'm not one of them.

That leaves Empking and Seraphim. If Electra and K are telling the truth, which I think they are, that leaves them as Mafia A.

Vote: Seraphim
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Electra »

Caboose wrote: I get a kill every night unless I end up targetting a dead player or I end up targetting myself.
How would you target yourself?
I lied because I needed to get my kill on Sens in because I knew that no one in this game would grow a backbone and lynch Sens.
Why did lying make it more likely for your kill on Sens to go through?
I'm trying to figure out these NKs, myself. I killed SG, charter, and Sens, but I don't know how the scum kills worked.
Why did you kill Shadowgirl? What made you so willing to use your vig kill every night?
I know I'm not the SK. I'm just not. If you lynch me, you'll lose because there's most likely 2 mafia A out there and I'm not one of them.
How can you suggest the possibility of a Mafia A when you know that you're responsible for half the night kills? Where did all the other kills go?

-------------

Possibilities:

Seraphim and Empking are Mafia A.
Caboose is a Serial Killer, Kinetic is Mafia B.
Caboose is a Serial Killer.
Kinetic is Mafia B.

I am reluctant to believe that Seraphim is Mafia due to his dithering before voting yesterday, so if the town consensus is that Seraphim and Empking are likely to be a Mafia A, I would prefer an Empking lynch.

Kinetic's role seems too weird to be a fake, but it could easily be a Mafia gambit due to the ??? of Yaw. Yaw and RandomGem didn't really interact, but RandomGem did random vote Yaw. I would have expected them to "talk" more about who they would target though.

Caboose is very sketchy and weird, and I want some answers from him.

For now, my preference is to vote Caboose. Yes, we lose if Seraphim and Emp are Mafia A, but there's been zero indication of another Mafia group since Caboose has claimed all the nightkills in question.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:35 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Four: Vote Count #1

1 Seraphim (Caboose)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is December 8, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 4 – Electra, Empking, Kinetic, Seraphim
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Caboose »

Electra wrote:How would you target yourself?
Beats me, that's just what my role PM said.
Electra wrote:Why did lying make it more likely for your kill on Sens to go through?
Because I could have gotten roleblocked, or my NK screwed around with by a scum power role.
Electra wrote:Why did you kill Shadowgirl? What made you so willing to use your vig kill every night?
A) she didn't vote on D1, which is a pretty reliable scumtell and B) it kind of looked like she was coasting through D1. I play the vig role aggressively, I use my kill every night.
Electra wrote:How can you suggest the possibility of a Mafia A when you know that you're responsible for half the night kills? Where did all the other kills go?
Alternating NK's? I don't know.
Does it really make sense for there to be a Mafia B without a Mafia A?
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Electra »

Are you forced to make night kills, Caboose, or can you choose to not kill one night and kill the next night?

I don't know about A or B, there appear to be many arbitrary things in the game. For example, your whole targeting yourself thing doesn't seem like it would ever happen.

Does it mean that you can't kill yourself?

Potential lynches for me are Empking, Caboose, Kinetic.

If we lynch Empking, and he is Mafia A, then we win because we know Seraphim is Mafia A and Caboose can kill him.
If we lynch him and he is town, then there is either one scum left, or two scum of differing alignments and nightkills. If there is one scum left, we could tell who it is by the nightkill - Caboose will obviously kill Kinetic if he is protown. Kinetic could kill anyone, but town would win. If Caboose is the remaining scum, he would be screwed because there would be no second kill that night, and so regardless of who was killed, the town would know to lynch him and would win.
If Caboose and Kinetic are both scum, then they will not know this. Caboose's only play is to kill Kinetic, because if he is the only remaining scum and does not kill Kinetic, then the town will know that he is scum. Kinetic can expect to die at night if Emp turns up scum, and if he and Caboose are scum, then he essentially chooses who wins- SK or town.
The only tricky thing is if Mafia has a roleblock - Kinetic can block Caboose, kill someone random (me for example) and then frame Caboose for the kill and try to lynch him.

If we lynch Caboose, and there is a Mafia A, we lose. If he is the SK, then we win. If he is town, but there is no Mafia A, then we also win because we know to lynch Kinetic next time.

If we lynch Kinetic, and he is town, and there is a Mafia A, then we lose as well. If he is Mafia B, then we win since if the game is still going on, we know to lynch Caboose.

So lynching Caboose and Kinetic have the same exact result - if Mafia A, we lose, if no, we win. Lynching Empking will make us have a 50% chance of losing if there are Mafia B and SK left, but we have a good chance of winning ignoring roleblock complications.

So I think the Empking lynch makes sense, and I do find him most suspicious of those remaining.

For the record, my list:
scummiest
Empking
Tamuz
Seraphim
Caboose
least scummy
in terms of actions, and ignoring roles.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Electra »

vote: Empking
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I want to bring your attention to something I just noticed in the townie role PM. Notably, the win condition:
You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and
somebody with the exact same win condition as you is alive.
Doesn't that sound familiar? It sounds almost exactly like Caboose's win condition. Also, if you win with the town, why are you self-alligned? It doesn't make any sense that you and the townie role PM have the exact same win condition.

Caboose is the best play. Why? If Tamuz is telling the truth, Caboose is telling the truth, I'm telling the truth, Empking is telling the truth, and Electra is telling the truth...isn't it clear that someone is lying?

Caboose, I believe, is the liar. He lied on D3 and he's lying to us now.

Vote: Caboose
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Electra »

Seraphim, why is Caboose the best play?

That point you bring up is kind of weird. Then again, there have been some super weird roles in this game.

The claiming a separate alignment thing is sketchy because it means that I can't get any results from him, but if he were scum, he could just kill me and not worry about that.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Caboose »

Electra wrote:Are you forced to make night kills, Caboose, or can you choose to not kill one night and kill the next night?
No, I'm not compulsive. I chose to make a kill N1.
Electra wrote:I don't know about A or B, there appear to be many arbitrary things in the game. For example, your whole targeting yourself thing doesn't seem like it would ever happen.
There's probably a scum bus driver type role if I had to guess.
Sera wrote:Doesn't that sound familiar? It sounds almost exactly like Caboose's win condition. Also, if you win with the town, why are you self-alligned? It doesn't make any sense that you and the townie role PM have the exact same win condition.
I don't know why I'm self aligned, that's just the way that PJ set it up. And why doesn't it make sense. I have a really powerful role already, getting me to preserve at least one townie makes my role a bit more difficult.
Sera wrote:Caboose is the best play. Why? If Tamuz is telling the truth, Caboose is telling the truth, I'm telling the truth, Empking is telling the truth, and Electra is telling the truth...isn't it clear that someone is lying?

Caboose, I believe, is the liar. He lied on D3 and he's lying to us now.
Now, you're reaching. I lied yesterday in the hopes of advancing the town's win condition and that's exactly what I did by getting rid of Sens. I didn't to advance the imaginary SK win con that you painted on me.

How about you Seraphim? Could you possibly imagine a Mafia B without a Mafia A? Explain that one while trying to explain why I am the best play.

Kinetic, hear me out on this.
Even if I'm the SK as you accuse me to be (which I'm empatically not), lynching me is not the correct play. If you do that, then we'll all be endgamed by Mafia A. Look at my play throughout the game, and you'll see that I only have the town win condition in mind. I'm sorry I had to lie yesterday, but's it what had to be done.

[quote="]The only tricky thing is if Mafia has a roleblock - Kinetic can block Caboose, kill someone random (me for example) and then frame Caboose for the kill and try to lynch him. [/quote]
True, but if Empking turns up scum (which I'm pretty sure he will), we know who to lynch tomorrow.

Unvote
Vote: Empking
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I never said there wasn't a Mafia A. It's illogical for there to be a Mafia B, but it's just as illogical for there to be a Vig still alive, claiming half of the kills, and the game isn't over yet.

There's either

A. One last Mafia B member
B. A Serial Killer
C. Another Mafia group

Tamuz's roleclaim rings true to me. It also explains Yaw's lack of role.

Electra, from my perspective, also has made a true roleclaim, because Sens has a different alignment as compared to mine.

So, that leaves Caboose and Empking. One of them is lying, clearly. I personally believe that there is a Mafia A, and it has been making cross-kills to eliminate the other Mafia. This is a scum set-up; kill scum and have Caboose claim vig in order to win the game in LYOL. All the Mafia A has to do is lynch one townie in order to gain a majority today.

Caboose is the best play because...well, he lied. He's also claiming some very odd mechanics for the Mafia. He's putting out an A without explaining how this mysterious Mafia A is killing people while he has answered for SG's, SensFan's, and charter's NK. If there is a Mafia A, Caboose, you are it.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Electra »

If there is a Mafia A that's not you and Empking, who else besides Caboose is in it?
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Electra »

I'm going to
unvote
, by the way, so no one cuts discussion short.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I'm... not sure...

But Caboose makes a very good point... Empking or Sera would be the better play in this situation IF Electra is telling the truth.

Because if Electra is not lying then Sera/Emp HAVE to be Mafia A and there is No SK.

But if Electra is lying, then Caboose/Electra could be Mafia A, or either could be SK or Electra and anyone could be Mafia A.

IF there is a Mafia A then I'm almost positive we can rule out there being a Serial Killer. There are only two killing roles in this game UNLESS some crazy occurance that we've had a double kill every night: The odds of which are (2/13 N1, 1/5 N2, 2/7 N3, which comes out to less than a 1% chance of happening (1/113.75 exactly)).

However, Caboose could still be part of Mafia A in that situation, and the only person who can be his partner is Electra.

If Caboose is a SK though, then the only possibility that the game doesn't end, is frankly, either Electra or myself is scum. In that situation either Electra is not scum and has true results on Sera/Emp and I'm the scum (obviously impossible from my point of view) or Electra is scum and faking results preparing for end game.

However, I CANNOT imagine a three NK game, the odds of it are so far out... The only way it could be possible is if one of the scum factions has not been making their kill...

And the fact that Caboose is claiming credit for three Night Kills proves there is either A) One enemy faction (meaning the last person MUST be Mafia B) -OR- B) That Caboose is part of a Night Killing faction, being either SK or Mafia A.

I'm still leaning heavily to Caboose, but I want to hear from Empking. He's been very... flighty... If there is just a SK left, then Caboose is the best play. If there is a SK/Mafia B, he is the best choice, if there is a Mafia A, then he is the best choice...

The ONLY way I can see that Caboose is NOT the best play is if there is a SK/Mafia B left and then the best choice is either him or Electra, as they're equally the best two choices...

Yea, the more I think about it the more sure that Caboose is the best play...

This role block thing is... odd. I don't know where it is coming from because the only way a role block I could think as possible is if there is two of the same mafia faction left. Every mafia roleblocker role I've ever read the roleblocker HAD to give up their kill... So a RB with not kill is a pretty good thing. The ONLY possibility of a RB and Kill taking place this night is if we don't kill one of Mafia A and in THAT case they've already won.................

I don't like that argument from Electra. It sounds like a red herring.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Vote:Caboose

Re-read my own stuff, and I trust my gut and logic on this one. Caboose is the right play.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Caboose »

Electra wrote:If there is a Mafia A that's not you and Empking, who else besides Caboose is in it?
This. Are you going to sit and tell me that there is a one man Mafia A now Sera?
Sera wrote:It's illogical for there to be a Mafia B, but it's just as illogical for there to be a Vig still alive, claiming half of the kills, and the game isn't over yet.

WTF? What are you talking about? Maybe one mafia has NKs and one doesn't? Maybe they alternate kills? I don't know what part about the NKs you're hung up over. But it's you trying to reach for a BS arguement, whatever it is.
Sera wrote:Caboose is the best play because...well, he lied.
This is it? I lied to try to get Sens and get rid of Mafia B, and I'm scum for
that
? Seriously, Lynch-All-Liars is not a great philosophy to mafia. Get some scummy behavior from earlier in the game.
Sera wrote:He's also claiming some very odd mechanics for the Mafia. He's putting out an A without explaining how this mysterious Mafia A is killing people while he has answered for SG's, SensFan's, and charter's NK.
Does this look like a normal game of mafia to you? I don't know what the mechanics are, I just know my end of them.
Sera wrote:If there is a Mafia A, Caboose, you are it.
One man mafia? That would be an SK.
I hope everyone's seeing that Sera's accusations don't add up.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Electra »

Kinetic, I'm obviously not lying, since my role has been verified. Why would Mafia have such a convoluted role, and why would Mafia claim when I did, anyway?

Why do you think Mafia A would be more likely to be me and Caboose, than Seraphim and Empking?

Honestly, if there _is_ a Mafia A, then I would lean towards it sharing a kill with Mafia B (alternating night kills) rather than each having their own kill simply because of how they're named.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Caboose »

Kinetic wrote:

Re-read my own stuff, and I trust my gut and logic on this one. Caboose is the right play.
*sigh*
Waiting for a quick hammer from Empking.

You know what guys, I'm not going to take this. This was my first game as vig, and I did my part and I think I used my night action well. I killed 3 anti-town for three nights in a row, and look what I get for it. I just couldn't pick up the slack for the town who was SOMEHOW struggling to grow a pair and lynch Sens. I don't deserve this loss, I made logical arguements, I pointed out Mafia A, I killed off Mafia B, and look at what I get... lynched. I even sat and took notes on all you guys. Yeah, that's right. I sat and I thought out my kills instead of just killing off the lurkers and it turns out that I had a good shot. But NO. I get lynched because of the "Lynch all Liars!!!!111" stupid arguement. And you can all sit and say "this is an appeal to emotion." Guess what, it is.

I need some sleep...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Electra wrote:Kinetic, I'm obviously not lying, since my role has been verified.
Please point me to where the mod verified your role, because I didn't see it.

Maybe your role is true. If that's so then the game is over with Caboose's death. If it isn't, then either

A) You made one hell of a gambit (assuming that Caboose turns up Mafia A and you are scum with him.)
Or B) You are mafia B (assuming Caboose shows up SK), and you KNEW Sensfan would show up as something different then anyone but your other scum buddy charter.

Why would Mafia have such a convoluted role, and why would Mafia claim when I did, anyway?
If you're mafia, then you're either Mafia A and made a gambit or Mafia B, and thus knew Sens was not the same as another, and in fact you made a strong play, but one where you would know the outcome. Either you look good or Sens looks good, but Mafia B makes a great play and gets someone in to win the game. If Sens survived to today, you could prob win the game without lynching him.
Why do you think Mafia A would be more likely to be me and Caboose, than Seraphim and Empking?
Killing. IF Mafia A has a killing role, then Caboose MUST be part of it. The only person who Caboose can be mafia with is either myself or you. I'm not it, so it has to be you.

Why do you ask. Because ASSUMING you are not mafia A, then you clear Sera/Emp to be part of the same group. Thus they are either Mafia A without a Night Kill or both townies. Thus, the scum MUST be myself and Caboose in this situation. I know I am a townie, THUS either Caboose is a SK or if there is a Mafia A, you are the ONLY person who can be part of Mafia A with him.
Honestly, if there _is_ a Mafia A, then I would lean towards it sharing a kill with Mafia B (alternating night kills) rather than each having their own kill simply because of how they're named.
Makes no sense. I'm not sold on the fact there is a Mafia A either, but that just makes no sense.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Caboose wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

*sigh*

You know what guys, I'm not going to take this. This was my first game as vig, and I did my part and I think I used my night action well. I killed 3 anti-town for three nights in a row, and look what I get for it. I just couldn't pick up the slack for the town who was SOMEHOW struggling to grow a pair and lynch Sens. I don't deserve this loss, I made logical arguements, I pointed out Mafia A, I killed off Mafia B, and look at what I get... lynched. I even sat and took notes on all you guys. Yeah, that's right. I sat and I thought out my kills instead of just killing off the lurkers and it turns out that I had a good shot. But NO. I get lynched because of the "Lynch all Liars!!!!111" stupid arguement. And you can all sit and say "this is an appeal to emotion." Guess what, it is.

I need some sleep...
Empking/Sera cannot be Mafia A. That stopped being possible as soon as you claimed for all the kills.

They could be a cult I suppose, but Mafia A is impossible unless they some how don't have a kill. Cult is the only scum group I can think of that doesn't have a kill, would show up as the same alignment, and let your little fantasy survive. We know PJ's feelings on cults, so they'd have to have some other type of ability and not a recruit ability or something...

Would be a very odd role, I admit, and not something I can completely rule out in this game, but its much more likely that there is a SK or another mafia and that you are it/you are in it.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Caboose »

Kinetic wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

*sigh*

I need some sleep...
Empking/Sera cannot be Mafia A. That stopped being possible as soon as you claimed for all the kills.

They could be a cult I suppose, but Mafia A is impossible unless they some how don't have a kill. Cult is the only scum group I can think of that doesn't have a kill, would show up as the same alignment, and let your little fantasy survive. We know PJ's feelings on cults, so they'd have to have some other type of ability and not a recruit ability or something...

Would be a very odd role, I admit, and not something I can completely rule out in this game, but its much more likely that there is a SK or another mafia and that you are it/you are in it.
Really?

Keep your words in your notes, because you'll be eating them post game.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Caboose wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

*sigh*

I need some sleep...

Really?

Less than 1%. That is the odds of there being a third killing role in this game. Against the odds of you being a scum (which is around 65% in my opinion)

The ONLY case I can see of you really being a vig is that there is no other mafia, and there is only Mafia B as scum, that means there MUST be a third mafia person, and the only person THAT can be is Electra.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Caboose »

Kinetic wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

*sigh*

I need some sleep...

Really?

Less than 1%. That is the odds of there being a third killing role in this game. Against the odds of you being a scum (which is around 65% in my opinion)

The ONLY case I can see of you really being a vig is that there is no other mafia, and there is only Mafia B as scum, that means there MUST be a third mafia person, and the only person THAT can be is Electra.
How are you thinking about this Kinetic? This is just pure and utter garbage.

Look at the gameplay, you'll see that I have played pro-town for 3 days straight while Seraphim has been scummy since day-frickin-two.

I'm seriously considering quoting my role PM.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Four: Vote Count #2

2 Caboose (Seraphim, Kinetic)
1 Empking (Caboose)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is December 8, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 2 – Electra, Empking
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by Electra »

Well, I will
vote: Empking

I don't think Caboose is scum after this exchange, but even if he is, voting Empking is definitely the most logical choice for the town to win.

Kinetic, your suspicions of me are complete BS, either you are scum or you are just ignoring everything that happened this game. Please explain to me how I would know what I knew if I were scum, and why I would claim when I did if I were scum. I'm pretty much the most confirmed role here, and you are failing to see this. Also, there have been plenty of Mafia games where there are two Mafia that alternate night kills, it's not the standard, but neither is anything else in this game. Are you even reading my posts? What about them is scummy? It's possible Caboose is the an SK but it's impossible for him to be Mafia A.

The other thing is that lynching Empking is obviously the better play in terms of probabilities, if you're just going to ignore everything that happened in this game.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Electra wrote:Kinetic, your suspicions of me are complete BS, either you are scum or you are just ignoring everything that happened this game.
You're not looking at this logically. You're also not looking at it from my point of view.

Look at it as if you were me: This is what I know. I know my own role. I know that there is at least one scum left. I also know that IF there is another scum team with a Kill, it is virtually impossible that Caboose is NOT on this team. The likelihood is SO remote that it isn't even worth more than a cursory consideration.

Thus:

Case A) There is a Mafia A.
Caboose MUST be in it as he is claiming credit for all the kills that could be attributed to Mafia A.
Empking and Sera cannot be in it. Based both on play (Caboose has shown willingness to vote them in effectively LyLo) and logic (Electra claims that they are of the same faction. The only way this can be is either 1) they are both mafia A, which is impossible if Caboose must be in mafia A, or 2) That they are both town, or 3) They are some other faction that is the same alignment.
THUS, the only possible scum partners for Caboose, who must be in Mafia A, are either myself or you. I know I'm not his scum partner, so it MUST be you in this case.

Either way, Caboose is the common link, and he is the best play.

Case B) There is a SK, no other mafia (either A or B)
Caboose must be the SK. Unless the SK has not killed all game, or the hugely remote chance that he double killed all game. I also cannot imagine three killing roles in a balanced mini, but that is neither here nor there.

Thus, Caboose is the best play in this case.

Case C) There is a SK and a Mafia B member left.
In this case, Caboose must be the SK. The Mafia B member must be either myself or Electra.
If Electra is telling the truth, I am Mafia B.
If Electra is lying, then she is Mafia B.

Thus, in this case, Caboose is the best play. He's the only pretty much confirmed scum.

Case C) There is only a Mafia B left, and there is no other scum roles
Personally, I think this is a very remote chance. But even so, this would be the only case where Caboose is not the best choice. In this case, the only people who could be that person is either myself or you.

It can be you because as part of Mafia B, you would know Sens's alignment and thus know he is not the same alignment as anyone in game except yourself and your other scum buddy. Thus you can safely say, no matter WHAT Sera's alignment is, that his alignment is different from Sens. You don't choose yourself because if you show you're different from Sera and Sera shows up town, you have some explaining to do.

Based on play, the whole back and forth between you and Sens really could be the two of you trying to sell that you're not the same faction. Thus no matter who dies of the two of you, the other makes out like a bandit. If you get lynched and turn up scum then Sens plays the "he was obv scum trying to get a free lynch of two townies", while if Sens dies you are 'virtually confirmed'.

Either way, in the end the if we lynch Caboose in this case, then the game doesn't end. And the only people who can be Mafia is either you or me.

THUS, in 3 out of the 4 possibilities, the best play is to lynch Caboose, and in the fourth possibility lynching Caboose doesn't lose us the game. In other cases not lynching Caboose; however, does have the chance of losing us the game.
Please explain to me how I would know what I knew if I were scum,
I did. Read Case C.
and why I would claim when I did if I were scum.
Your timing is... indeed a little odd. But then again, that is what a gambit is all about. If there isn't any risk involved then it isn't a gambit, is it? Plus, if you revealed your role at a different time it wouldn't have the impact it does now.

Overall, your own argument as to why you are the 'most confirmed role' here is the best argument for why you claimed when you did.
I'm pretty much the most confirmed role here, and you are failing to see this.
No, I see how this can be seen. I'm just being a skeptic. I'm trying to find all of the possibilities, and if you are telling the truth, then there is exactly one possibility, Caboose is the last scum and the game is over.

If I thought otherwise, I would be voting otherwise.
Also, there have been plenty of Mafia games where there are two Mafia that alternate night kills, it's not the standard, but neither is anything else in this game. Are you even reading my posts? What about them is scummy? It's possible Caboose is the an SK but it's impossible for him to be Mafia A.
True, it is certainly possible that there is some alternate killing method, but I don't buy it. It seems too imbalanced in the favor of town, heavily, and although this game is odd I certainly don't think it is imbalanced.

As for your view of Caboose, I completely disagree. My logic is flawless in this case. If you can't see it, the only thing I can assume is that you are scum trying to save the game for yourself.
The other thing is that lynching Empking is obviously the better play in terms of probabilities, if you're just going to ignore everything that happened in this game.
How? Please explain this to me, because none of the arguments that Caboose have made make sense.

The ONLY way that Empking is the better play is if he has a possibility of being Mafia A. According to your own "supposed role" he CANNOT be the Serial Killer. He also CANNOT be Mafia B. And I have proven he cannot be Mafia A using logic.

The ONLY way he is mafia A is in the very unlikely chance there is an alternating kill method and I. Do. Not. Buy. That.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”