Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Unvote, vote Tuber

Third vote, FTW!!!!!
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Timeater »

I haven't really bothered reading much of anything in this thread so far (hehe). Extropolating scum tells from stuff like 2nd person "bandwagoning" (lol what?) is beneath someone of my mighty stature. Has anyone bothered trying to play dwarf fortress yet? I think I might give it a try. Seems like Claus is the only person who has played it.
watch for the eggshells
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by reborn537 »

I have played many ascii games similar to it.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

If I wanted a fast lynch, I would let my vote stand on roffman since he was closer of being lynched than iLord...

I want a discussion, and apparently my vote on both roffman and iLord started a discussion which I belive is a good thing.

iLord wrote:
We wait until scum screws up and then jump on him
What I mean is that Roffman and Ramus were just eager to start the day.
The day will start naturally - no need to force it. But when a player crosses the line from overeagerness to oppertunism, that's the time to jump.
So tell me why you voted roffman? Another joke?

@Mariyta; votes like that is always a little supicious to me. Care to explain?
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:25 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I want some thoughts behind Maritya's vote too.

My vote on Tuber is still from random voting. Need some more discussion before I confirm or move.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:32 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Timeater- Why havent you been reading the thread, and why are you only extrapolating who you think is scum?

Maritya- Random vote much?

Tuber- From experience you should get discussion going by your words, not by throwing around your vote.... it just leads to bad things happening.

And no, i have not played dwarf fortress, I have a crappy ass computer :(
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:35 am

Post by roffman »

Timeater wrote:I haven't really bothered reading much of anything in this thread so far (hehe). Extropolating scum tells from stuff like 2nd person "bandwagoning" (lol what?) is beneath someone of my mighty stature.
Wait, what? How can you help town if your not paying attention and reading the thread. There is also the fact that any extrapolation of scum tells might point out something that someone missed. Stop being lazy and get to work.

unvote vote:Timeater
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

CoheedCambria09 wrote: Tuber- From experience you should get discussion going by your words, not by throwing around your vote.... it just leads to bad things happening.
My thoughts on voting the first day;

At the very beginning of a game, there isn't much else to do but to vote and watch how others vote and react. People will vote eachother for none, random, legitimate and/or stupid resons etc.

These votes serve as a basis for analysises and questions. "Why did you vote him? Why so eager to vote as him?" etc. When some people have thrown out their first votes, people will start to discuss and analyze these actions. How people respond and so on. When the discussion is going on, people will start to change their votes since there will more to go on, hopefully.

Sometimes a lynch is reached just by random votes. This is
not
a good thing, but
sometimes
necessary. If no lynch is reached, we are still on sqaure one, with one town dead by day two. If a lynched is reached however, we are one or two men short, but atleast we are on sqaure two, with much more to analyze and discuss.

I would much rather see a lynch with legitimate reasons behind our votes, that's why I withdrew my first vote and also my current one.

Unvote
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Unvote, FoS Timeater

This far in the game and lack of a serious post is looking rather anti-town to me.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Ramus »

andersonw wrote:Ramus: What is your stance on early bandwagons? You said before that they end the day early, but to me, that's not true since a bandwagon is not equal to a lynch.
Hmm, I guess I was unclear there. I don't like early bandwagons since they borderline killing and keeping the bandwagoned person alive. If done properly, they stack up very fast and can hang at L-1. And I'm very willing to believe there is someone here dumb enough to hop onto the wagon and lynch the person off of a false gut feeling, ending the day early without much information.

In short, my policy is to keep the days long and circulate as much talk as possible, and that the talk should be relevant to the game while you're at it. Timeater's "I haven't read much yet" comment is killing me.
reborn537 wrote:I have played many ascii games similar to it.
Except nothing like it.
Also, Timeater, do something serious. We want your thoughts on the situation too. And Mariyta also, why did you vote to be third person?

And lastly, CoheedCambria (which I will for now on shorten to Co Cam), ever thought that your experience may be radically different from others? I recommend widening your view a bit.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:47 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Yes it probly was, but I did the same thing (throwing my vote around to get discussion going) and it did not end well for me, even though I said the exact same thing, that it was just to get discussion.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdfasf
Mari wrote:Unvote, vote Tuber

Third vote, FTW!!!!!
Read the thread, stop joking around, and comment on the cases.
Tim wrote:I haven't really bothered reading much of anything in this thread so far (hehe). Extropolating scum tells from stuff like 2nd person "bandwagoning" (lol what?) is beneath someone of my mighty stature. Has anyone bothered trying to play dwarf fortress yet? I think I might give it a try. Seems like Claus is the only person who has played it.
It's never too early to fiind scum tells.
Tuber wrote:If I wanted a fast lynch, I would let my vote stand on roffman since he was closer of being lynched than iLord...
That's WIFOM to it's finest.

Plus, you didn't neccessarily want a fast lynch - rather you wanted a random townie lynch.
Tuber wrote:So tell me why you voted roffman? Another joke?
Yes, it was.

Tyypically, we start the game off by random voting.

@Pesco: Wait, are you on Sally as well?
Tuber wrote:My thoughts on voting the first day;

At the very beginning of a game, there isn't much else to do but to vote and watch how others vote and react. People will vote eachother for none, random, legitimate and/or stupid resons etc.

These votes serve as a basis for analysises and questions. "Why did you vote him? Why so eager to vote as him?" etc. When some people have thrown out their first votes, people will start to discuss and analyze these actions. How people respond and so on. When the discussion is going on, people will start to change their votes since there will more to go on, hopefully.

Sometimes a lynch is reached just by random votes. This is not a good thing, but sometimes necessary. If no lynch is reached, we are still on sqaure one, with one town dead by day two. If a lynched is reached however, we are one or two men short, but atleast we are on sqaure two, with much more to analyze and discuss.

I would much rather see a lynch with legitimate reasons behind our votes, that's why I withdrew my first vote and also my current one.

Unvote
Good thoughts, but a few corrections.

First, we random vote.

Eventually, something does something scummy, and people jump on him.

This starts up the game.

We should almost never random lynch Day 1 on site with decent players like MafiaScum - there's always scummy actions if you look close enough. In other words, the random phase will always inevitably end without any player actively trying to end it.

Using ending the random phase as an excuse to vote is extremely scummy - I've seen many a scum do that.

Theory discussion has little place here, though.

We need to be discussing scumminess of players. Like Tuber.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Mariyta »

iLord wrote:asdfasdfasf
Mari wrote:Unvote, vote Tuber

Third vote, FTW!!!!!
Read the thread, stop joking around, and comment on the cases.
I have, what's the point of living without having fun, and I don't see the cases as very strong at this point. Hence my vote. Looking for a reaction, but Tuber seems to have a cool head. Not looking that scummy so far.
Unvote
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by iLord »

You expect him to have reacted to an obvious random vote?

If you don't think the cases are strong, explain why.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Timeater »

Wait, what? How can you help town if your not paying attention and reading the thread. There is also the fact that any extrapolation of scum tells might point out something that someone missed. Stop being lazy and get to work.

unvote vote:Timeater
@Roffman

Ha, I was *waiting* for someone to say that. Surprised and interested it was you. Did I ever say I haven't read the thread? What I said was I haven't bothered reading /much/ of it. I actually have been actively reading and thinking about the thread alot.

Strike 1 on Roffman for trying to misrepresent me.

Other than that, not much has been going on to rouse my interest. iLord's posting style is a little agitating, but I guess I'll get used to it. Maryita with the quick unvote, but she's a wildcard in my book, being pretty hard to read. How exactly has Tuber been scummy? He seems to have made some pretty valid points so far parrying any jabs iLord tried to get in.
watch for the eggshells
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by andersonw »

Timeater, I (and the majority of the people in this game) would have probably said the same thing in roffman's case, since you were
very
strongly implying that you have barely read the thread (you even added a "hehe" to the end of that sentence). The tone of your last post seems like you tried to set a trap, but a trap that both scum and town would fall into is pretty much useless. That deserves a
Slight FoS:Timeater

iLord: First, I want to say that in post 47, you said that roffman's "bandwagoning" wasn't a bandwagon, he was just eager to start the day. Then, in post 74, you said that it was a bandwagon. Please explain.

Also, the entire point of your argument seems to be that Tuberkulos was opportunistic to lynch a random townie, but to me, it seemed like any other random vote. He has also already explained that it was a random vote, but you're still pushing the case. Could you explain why (in detail) Tuberkulos's vote wasn't random?
[non-gamerelated]why do you put asdfasdf at the beginning of all your posts?[/non-gamerelated]

Tuberkulos: Just wondering, do you still go by what you said in post 42? Because in that post, you said "let's just hope for a lucky hit", but then in post 78 you said "I want a discussion".
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Alrighty then. My take on events thus far:

- Roffman's early vote on Timeater doesn't actually strike me as particularly scummy; the vote that
does
is Timeater's wagoneering-cum-OMGUS vote two posts later.
FOS: Timeater

- Timeater's post 28 is not in the spirit of the game. At all.
- Roffman's post 24 sums up my feelings regarding his vote on Timeater fairly well.
- Not too sure about Tuberkulos immediately laying another vote on roffman, and I'm
definitely
not too keen on his "random voting is the easiest way to get discussion going". In my experience it has been precisely the other way round, and I do note in fact that by that time the game was already pretty much finished with random voting (just a couple of people who obviously hadn't read the thread before posting).
- Ooh, Tuberkulos' post 42 is scumscumscumscumscumscumscum.
Vote: Tuberkulos

- Nicely rounded off with a dose of OMGUS in post 44. Good show.
- I don't like the way reborn is immediately giving Tuberkulos a free pass for basically everything just because he's a relative newbie in post 52. It lessens the effect of
some
things he's done to be sure, but rendering each and every one of them null and void? I don't think so.
- The rest of page 3 is taken up with some discussion of Tuber's behaviour and a few other minor points, wherein I pretty much agree with everything iLord said.
- Unh. Timeater saying he hasn't read much of anything doesn't instil a great sense of confidence in me. Unhelpful town or scum - either way he isn't doing any good for the town.
- More WIFOM from Tuber in post 78.
- Furg. Tuber's explanation of his approach to Day 1 is... I don't really know how to describe it. Twingy is the best word I can think of. Oh, and I like how he caves into pressure. Again. :roll:

In summary, some reads (not everyone, just those that stand out):

Tuberkulos
- about as solidly scum in my eyes as you can get at this early stage of the game. Which isn't huge, mind, but it's definitely there.
iLord
- Seems fairly town.
Mariyta
- Didn't like the way she handled her vote on Tuber one bit. They've been at each other's throats quite a bit; distancing, maybe?
reborn537
- I wish he'd post more often; he's coming off a little active-lurkish at the moment.
roffman
- Seeming pretty townish at the moment. I agreed with his early moves, and so far his logic has been pretty sound. I do wish he'd post more, though.
Timeater
- Ewwwwwww. "lol guise i didant actually red teh thred lolol AH HA YOU FELL INTO MY CUNNING TRAP" does not sit well with me. At all.

/fin
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Claus »

The Dwarven fortress of Oslanvathez.

The large farming crops were what kept the population of over 150 dwarves well fed and strong. However, the open air crops also provided a great dropping point for the goblin troops.

Vote Count!

Timeater 2 - Andersonw, roffman
Tuberkulos 2 - iLord, Cyberbob
Roffman 1 - Timeater
CoheedCambria 1 - Verbal
Verbal 1 - CoheedCambria

Not Voting

Ramus, Reborn, Tuberkulos, Pesco47, Mariyta

With 12 creatures alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Timeater »

Fact of the matter is I was baiting, believe it or not.
Timeater's post 28 is not in the spirit of the game. At all.
Gee golly wiz sorry I haven't met with your approval? T_T
Roffman's post 24 sums up my feelings regarding his vote on Timeater fairly well.
And yet you don bother voting with him? Surely if you were so convinced by his post you would pounce on me, such an obvious scummer, and not Tuber?
- Not too sure about Tuberkulos immediately laying another vote on roffman, and I'm definitely not too keen on his "random voting is the easiest way to get discussion going"
(Because it is?)
. In my experience it has been precisely the other way round, and I do note in fact that by that time the game was already pretty much finished with random voting (just a couple of people who obviously hadn't read the thread before posting)
So basically you're saying you're a lurker? Let the other people random vote (but thats ok if I'm understanding you correctly) And then its ok for to jump in at any time, because your way is the only way to start a game? Right.
And I think Reborn is right about Tuber, personally.
Especially the OMGUS, that's classic newb town.
- QFT

Cyberbob, being the experienced player you are, shouldn't you have realized this? I think Tuber is a somewhat easy target and you're blatant aggression towards him is a scumtell. Roffman&Cyberbob could be a likely scumteam, considering in post 91 he manages to absolve Roffman, attack me, agree with Roffman, and attack Tuber, attack Mariyta. That just doesn't sit right with me.

Vote: Cyberbob
watch for the eggshells
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Timeater wrote:Gee golly wiz sorry I haven't met with your approval? T_T
:roll:
Timeater wrote:And yet you don bother voting with him? Surely if you were so convinced by his post you would pounce on me, such an obvious scummer, and not Tuber?
I said I agreed with his points, not that I thought them enough to vote you for. There's quite a difference.
Timeater wrote:
(Because it is?)
What?
Timeater wrote:
So basically you're saying you're a lurker? Let the other people random vote (but thats ok if I'm understanding you correctly) And then its ok for to jump in at any time, because your way is the only way to start a game? Right.
WTF? Where did I ever say - or even imply - I'm a lurker? The point I'm making is that you were telling him that his method of ending random voting was faulty despite it more or less having been over for some time already.

I can't quite decide whether you're deliberately misrepresenting me so much or whether you really are that stupid.
Timeater wrote:QFT
It's also classic newb scum, and he has indicated that he isn't actually new to mafia - only this site.
Timeater wrote:Cyberbob, being the experienced player you are, shouldn't you have realized this?
See above.
Timeater wrote:I think Tuber is a somewhat easy target and you're blatant aggression towards him is a scumtell.
lolwut
Timeater wrote:Roffman&Cyberbob could be a likely scumteam, considering in post 91 he manages to absolve Roffman, attack me, agree with Roffman, and attack Tuber, attack Mariyta. That just doesn't sit right with me.
'K.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by Timeater »

WTF? Where did I ever say - or even imply - I'm a lurker?
The point I'm making is that you were telling him that his method of ending random voting was faulty despite it more or less having been over for some time already
-
I was telling who? Tuber? I've never addressed Tuber. Roffman? I told Roffman his method of ending random voting was faulty despite having been over for some time? What? I did? I'm sorry, I dont understand babbling.

I can't quite decide whether you're deliberately misrepresenting me so much or whether you really are that stupid.
When in doubt start with the personal attacks? Classy.

Ad hominem attacks, intentionally confusing, weak vote reasons, weak retorts, shotgun suspicion-spinner. I'm pretty happy with my vote atm.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Timeater wrote:I told Roffman his method of ending random voting was faulty despite having been over for some time?

Yes, you did.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Timeater wrote:intentionally confusing
Hey, it isn't my fault if you're confused so easily. I thought it was being pretty clear that I was referring to roffman, considering the post of yours I was talking about was in response to him. Apparently not.

I'll have to remember that you don't quite get anaphoric references in future. Sorry about that. :(
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

You took this:
I told Roffman his method of ending random voting was faulty despite having been over for some time?

Yes, you did.
From this:
Ha, I was *waiting* for someone to say that. Surprised and interested it was you. Did I ever say I haven't read the thread? What I said was I haven't bothered reading /much/ of it. I actually have been actively reading and thinking about the thread alot.

Strike 1 on Roffman for trying to misrepresent me.

Other than that, not much has been going on to rouse my interest. iLord's posting style is a little agitating, but I guess I'll get used to it. Maryita with the quick unvote, but she's a wildcard in my book, being pretty hard to read. How exactly has Tuber been scummy? He seems to have made some pretty valid points so far parrying any jabs iLord tried to get in.
Right...

Hey, it isn't my fault if you're confused so easily. I thought it was being pretty clear that I was referring to roffman, considering the post of yours I was talking about was in response to him. Apparently not.

I'll have to remember that you don't quite get anaphoric references in future. Sorry about that.
Cyberbob: Pontificate pontificate pontificate! Bla bla bla! Bla! Look at me! Bla! I'm an asshole! Bla! Bla bla! I'm scum! Bla!
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Timeater wrote:*snip*[/size]
Hang on, I think we've both gotten a little mixed up. I was talking about
Tuber
in the part of my post you're attacking, not you. :P
Timeater wrote:Cyberbob: Pontificate pontificate pontificate! Bla bla bla! Bla! Look at me! Bla! I'm an asshole! Bla! Bla bla! I'm scum! Bla!
I know you are but what am I?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”