Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Timeater »

Hang on, I think we've both gotten a little mixed up. I was talking about Tuber in the part of my post you're attacking, not you.
So you dont even know what you're talking about at this point? Or maybe you do and I caught you blatantly babbling and being confusing and you have no justifiable response.

And not to be glib, but "you started it". Not once, but twice have you insulted my intelligence sir. This is unbecoming and frankly just unnacceptable for these forums. If I wanted shouting matches and name calling, I would go to a thanksgiving dinner.
watch for the eggshells
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Timeater wrote:So you dont even know what you're talking about at this point?
Unh. I know exactly what I was talking about - the only part of the equation I got mixed up was who I was speaking to. A mistake you made first, I note.
Timeater wrote:And not to be glib, but "you started it". Not once, but twice have you insulted my intelligence sir. This is unbecoming and frankly just unnacceptable for these forums. If I wanted shouting matches and name calling, I would go to a thanksgiving dinner.
You're damn right I'm insulting your intelligence. You think I'm going to sit back and let you parade around making those horrendous logical errors in that sarcastic tone unchallenged? Drop the tone and I'll drop the insults. Everybody wins.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Timeater »

You're damn right I'm insulting your intelligence. You think I'm going to sit back and let you parade around making those horrendous logical errors in that sarcastic tone unchallenged? Drop the tone and I'll drop the insults. Everybody wins.
I'm making horrendous logical errors now am I? Drop the tone? Lol what? You have a serious attitude problem and I hope Claus curbs it or finds someone with some decency to play the game how its meant to be played, e.g not reverting to monkey-mode when someone calls you out on a statement that could clearly be taken as confusing. And I'm sure alot of people would agree with me that your statement was confusing. You dont have a case there, and you never will.
watch for the eggshells
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

I see you're clearly not interested in ending the personal attacks and getting back to arguing actual points. Very well, I'll do it for you. I'll stop insulting you, but until you put a sock in that holier-than-thou attitude don't expect me to pay any attention to you.

Before you yak on about me trying to conveniently worm out of having to be accountable for my actions, remember that all you need to do is start practice what you're preaching.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

I'm merely defending myself from you, someone who called me an idiot without provocation, someone who clearly makes zero logical sense, someone who fends off questions with more attacks, someone who tells a player to "drop the tone" (like the mere thought of me confronting him on anything is an afront to his gentle sensibilities, please - "Drop the tone" is the biggest scumtell I have ever seen folks.)
conveniently worm out of having to be accountable for my actions
~ Thanks for saving me the trouble in saying that.
You can try to play it off like I'm the bad guy but you will not succeed. If you address or mention me in a post, be prepared for a response. I am not the type to let a scummer off easy.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by Pesco47 »

Really. W.T.F.?!?

Lynch the both of you for being goblins (behaviour-wise) and all the dwarves are better off.

Actually looking at the arguments presented beyond the emo, Timeater is coming out scummier. I'm not giving Cyber a free pass either, because a cool-headed scum can just be playing it easy while you tangle yourself up some more.

Vote Timeater
FoS Cyber
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

andersonw wrote:Tuberkulos: Just wondering, do you still go by what you said in post 42? Because in that post, you said "let's just hope for a lucky hit", but then in post 78 you said "I want a discussion".
At the time, yes and no. Right now, no.

Let me elaborate. At the time, I was quite eager to get a lynch, since a
huge
discussion generally gets going after the first lynch (no matter the outcome). But as I've said; I prefer a lynch with reasons behind it. Since iLord, for some reason, found my vote extremely scummy, a discussion (and disagreement) envoke. Therefore, no need for lynching roffman without any proof/clues of him being scummy (even though his eagerness
might
be interpreted as scummy). Right now, I consider roffman as neutral.
iLord wrote:Plus, you didn't neccessarily want a fast lynch - rather you wanted a random townie lynch.
I believe that those two things, go hand in hand...
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Pesco47 wrote:Lynch the both of you for being goblins (behaviour-wise) and all the dwarves are better off.
I can assure you that there will be no more outbursts like that from me. I've done my part to try and cool the waters.
Timeater wrote:I'm not giving Cyber a free pass either, because a cool-headed scum can just be playing it easy while you tangle yourself up some more.
I don't quite get this. Am I the possible cool-headed scum, or am I the one tangling myself up?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:30 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Cyberbob- I think what he was trying to say is if you [were a coolheaded scum] you could just play it off like you just did while a townie tangled himself up and got himself lynched, or thats how I took it.

I also think people need to seriously calm down (looks at two in particular), its only a game, were supposed to have fun, so keep the god damn personal attacks to the minimum

I also agree with pesco on this one that Timeater is the scummier looking of the two in that last babble
unvote

vote Timeater
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Yes, I did mean that Cyber may be scum playing the voice of reason in my statement there.

There's still some unfinished business with Tuber it seems, so let's not pile on the votes too hurriedly.

@iLord: I signed up on Sally years ago, but only became active when I saw there's mafia there from your sig. I have some reserved opinions about the crowd there.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Timeater »

Yo,

@Pesco

Its is easy to vote for me isnt it? I had two votes (two of which are basically random) already, and had a little scruffle with Bob - out of the two of us you would rather vote who already has the votes, enabling an easy bandwagon. Nice.
Coheed wrote:I also agree with pesco on this one that Timeater is the scummier looking of the two in that last babble
How were any of my posts against Bob scummy? Would a scummer really stick out his neck like that, not back down, not let someone get away with blatant unprovoked personal attacks, not let a confusing post go unchecked?
FoS Coheed
for shameless bandwagoning.
watch for the eggshells
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Timeater wrote:Yo,

@Pesco

Its is easy to vote for me isnt it? I had two votes (two of which are basically random) already, and had a little scruffle with Bob - out of the two of us you would rather vote who already has the votes, enabling an easy bandwagon. Nice.
Coheed wrote:I also agree with pesco on this one that Timeater is the scummier looking of the two in that last babble
How were any of my posts against Bob scummy? Would a scummer really stick out his neck like that, not back down, not let someone get away with blatant unprovoked personal attacks, not let a confusing post go unchecked?
FoS Coheed
for shameless bandwagoning.
Roffman voted you because you weren't being helpful to town. That's not a random vote.

All your posts before the fiasco with Cyber has nothing in terms of useful information, just fluffy cotton candy. Getting all worked up at Cyber's FoS indicated to me that you were being extremely jumpy for something that small. Instead of making him remove his FoS by actually giving good content, you made a huge distraction. These reactions make you scummy, failing that, a liability to town if you are innocent.

Lastly, I'm calling your WIFOM here. I'll take the wine in front of me.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Timeater »

What do my posts before the incident have anything to with this conversation? They were fluff because I had yet to commit myself to this game and nothing really peaked my interest. I am post vigorously now, and thats enough.

I was getting worked up over the scumminess of Bob's original post and subsequent follow-up attack posts. The whole "liability to the town" comment is not only scummy on your part its just bad town philosophy. Its an excuse made by weak town players and often recited by scum. I realize I'm L-3 so I'll save the town time and trouble by claiming now, giving us a chance to focus on Bob and other likely candidates.

I'm Minkot Custinthrith, a cook. I'm a good guy who recently came to "Osvalanthez". I'm town and I'm not apart of the danger :P
watch for the eggshells
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
AW wrote:iLord: First, I want to say that in post 47, you said that roffman's "bandwagoning" wasn't a bandwagon, he was just eager to start the day. Then, in post 74, you said that it was a bandwagon. Please explain.
Eager to start the day doesn't mean it's not a bandwagon.
AW wrote:Also, the entire point of your argument seems to be that Tuberkulos was opportunistic to lynch a random townie, but to me, it seemed like any other random vote. He has also already explained that it was a random vote, but you're still pushing the case. Could you explain why (in detail) Tuberkulos's vote wasn't random?
AW wrote:I didn't vote him for any particular reason. He did however indeed want an early wagon. But as he said himself, the first day is often just a "bandwagon-day". Let's just hope for a lucky hit.
Lucky Hit =/= random vote.

Lucky Hit = Random Wagon = Bad for town.

Since you're so good at math :D!
Tim wrote:Cyberbob, being the experienced player you are, shouldn't you have realized this? I think Tuber is a somewhat easy target and you're blatant aggression towards him is a scumtell. Roffman&Cyberbob could be a likely scumteam, considering in post 91 he manages to absolve Roffman, attack me, agree with Roffman, and attack Tuber, attack Mariyta. That just doesn't sit right with me.

Vote: Cyberbob
That's weak - there's perfectly legitimate arguments against Tuber.

And drawing scumteam conclusions before we have dead bodies is a recipe for disaster.

Oh, I just noticed Tim's trap.

It's meh.

I can see where he's coming from, but I personally don't see Roffman's comment as scummy, especially if he's a relatively new player. A lot of newish players tend to want to avoid conflicts as much as scum, and pointing our lurkers and people who aren't scum hunting is a easy way to post without fear of conflict.

But in this case, I believe Roffman has been commenting about the cases, so the point against him is void.

Do explain if I have misinterpretted your trap.
CB wrote:I know you are but what am I?
:lol:

-------------------

CB vs. Tim personal attacks have gone out of hand. Just stop - CB don't respond to Tim's last post. It's not helping anyone.
Pesco wrote:Really. W.T.F.?!?

Lynch the both of you for being goblins (behaviour-wise) and all the dwarves are better off.

Actually looking at the arguments presented beyond the emo, Timeater is coming out scummier. I'm not giving Cyber a free pass either, because a cool-headed scum can just be playing it easy while you tangle yourself up some more.

Vote Timeater
FoS Cyber
Getting mad is not a scumtell.
Tuber wrote:Let me elaborate. At the time, I was quite eager to get a lynch, since a huge discussion generally gets going after the first lynch (no matter the outcome). But as I've said; I prefer a lynch with reasons behind it. Since iLord, for some reason, found my vote extremely scummy, a discussion (and disagreement) envoke. Therefore, no need for lynching roffman without any proof/clues of him being scummy (even though his eagerness might be interpreted as scummy). Right now, I consider roffman as neutral.
Tuber, how much experience have you had?

You should know that games start up on their own - there's no need for a random lynch to start discussion.

A weak wagon maybe, but not striving for a "lucky hit."
Tuber wrote:I believe that those two things, go hand in hand...
Usually, if there's need for a random lynch due to set-up, it tends to be for speed, but in a undisclosed and discovered set-up such as this, random lynches only happen slowly, after discussion has failed.

Which it never has in my experience and the games I've read. It's not actually that many (Only about 30 games), but it's a decent enough sample to allow me to make that assumption.
CB wrote:I can assure you that there will be no more outbursts like that from me. I've done my part to try and cool the waters.
Good job - not many people (e.g. me) can stop arguing once they get fired up.
CoC wrote:I also agree with pesco on this one that Timeater is the scummier looking of the two in that last babble
unvote
vote Timeater
No way I'm going to let this slide.

Not only do you not list reasons, you barn a post that listed a faulty reason.

And, you're being oppertunisitc.

Unvote, Vote CoheedCambria09.

Pesco wrote:@iLord: I signed up on Sally years ago, but only became active when I saw there's mafia there from your sig. I have some reserved opinions about the crowd there.
I personally like the Sally playerbase better than the base here - they seem to be more serious players, and more of them are logical and good scum hunters.

Not that players here aren't good - they are, but it's just that there's so many players that aren't.
Pesco wrote:Roffman voted you because you weren't being helpful to town. That's not a random vote.

All your posts before the fiasco with Cyber has nothing in terms of useful information, just fluffy cotton candy. Getting all worked up at Cyber's FoS indicated to me that you were being extremely jumpy for something that small. Instead of making him remove his FoS by actually giving good content, you made a huge distraction. These reactions make you scummy, failing that, a liability to town if you are innocent.

Lastly, I'm calling your WIFOM here. I'll take the wine in front of me.
Semi-Valid reasons! Yay!

Still none from Coheed.
Tim wrote:What do my posts before the incident have anything to with this conversation? They were fluff because I had yet to commit myself to this game and nothing really peaked my interest. I am post vigorously now, and thats enough.

I was getting worked up over the scumminess of Bob's original post and subsequent follow-up attack posts. The whole "liability to the town" comment is not only scummy on your part its just bad town philosophy. Its an excuse made by weak town players and often recited by scum. I realize I'm L-3 so I'll save the town time and trouble by claiming now, giving us a chance to focus on Bob and other likely candidates.

I'm Minkot Custinthrith, a cook. I'm a good guy who recently came to "Osvalanthez". I'm town and I'm not apart of the danger
Ah - early claims are bad. DON'T CONTINUE TO ANSWER CLAIM QUESTIONS.

Tim does not need to claim yet - he's done nothing scummy.

I'm thinking Coheed's scum, now.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Timeater wrote:I'm Minkot Custinthrith, a cook. I'm a good guy who recently came to "Osvalanthez". I'm town and I'm not apart of the danger :P
Claiming this early in the game is always a bit supicious to me, and not a good move in my opinion. At L-2 I would've fully understood your claim, but this early I would rather have seen you wait, until one more vote, with that claim.

If your claim really is true and sincere, at this moment it provides us nothing but a higher risk of losing a town-power role the first night.
Timeater wrote: I realize I'm L-3 so I'll save the town time and trouble by claiming now, giving us a chance to focus on Bob and
other likely candidates
Who are these
other likely candidates
?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:26 am

Post by iLord »

I don't see early claims as suspicious per say, but they are most definitely anti-town.

Unless it's extremely obvious that a person was going to be wagoned, of course.

Which shouldn't happen short of a cop investigation or something of the sort.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

iLord wrote:Tuber, how much experience have you had?
Less than 30 games :P
iLord wrote:You should know that games start up on their own - there's no need for a random lynch to start discussion.

A weak wagon maybe, but not striving for a "lucky hit."
I guess most of the games I've played have just been really slow and poor on analysises the first day. In this game however, this has not been the case.

People really hung up on my "lucky hit"-phrase. Fully understandable though, I could've chosen some better words for it.
iLord wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote: I believe that those two things, go hand in hand...

Usually, if there's need for a random lynch due to set-up, it tends to be for speed, but in a undisclosed and discovered set-up such as this, random lynches only happen slowly, after discussion has failed.
Fair enough. I see, and understand, your point.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 am

Post by iLord »

Tuber wrote:I guess most of the games I've played have just been really slow and poor on analysises the first day. In this game however, this has not been the case.
Hmm...

I can actually understand that - on certain sites (even one's I've played in), Mafia is a lot weaker.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Ramus »

Oh boy! Drama! And a lot of catching up for me to do. :(

Anyway, regarding the current Bob VS Tim.

I'm currently more capable of seeing Bob as a smart (if not very rash) townie who just managed to get tangled up in a mess with Tim. I'm currently siding with him.

Tim, however, with that unnecessary claim so early, because claiming doesn't confirm you town. I'm not sure if you're just a really bad townie or a panicking scum.
Strike 1 on Roffman for trying to misrepresent me.
I also don't like it when you say this and later go and twist cyberbob's posts
(namely the worming comment).

Any thoughts on Tim?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Timeater »

Unless it's extremely obvious that a person was going to be wagoned, of course.
Had I known iLord and Tuber were going to be reasonable I probably wouldn't have claimed. I just thought it'd be better if I got it out of the way. The "other likely targets" I was refrencing were mostly Coheed & Pesco. I agree with you about Coheed, iLord. Debating whether I should switch my rage-vote from Bob to him to get some pressure going.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Timeater »

I'm not sure if you're just a really bad townie or a panicking scum.
Posts like this irritate me. The age old "dumb or scum" line. I'm probably double the player you'll ever be. You dont know how I play and you dont know my playstyle. Go ahead, side with Bob because he uses ad hominem attacks and pompous words like "anaphoric". That totally makes him smart and a good not-rash player.
watch for the eggshells
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 am

Post by iLord »

Tim wrote:Posts like this irritate me. The age old "dumb or scum" line. I'm probably double the player you'll ever be. You dont know how I play and you dont know my playstyle. Go ahead, side with Bob because he uses ad hominem attacks and pompous words like "anaphoric". That totally makes him smart and a good not-rash player.
Ramus, and CyberBob, ignore this post, please.

Timeater, just let it drop. If it irritates you, don't say anything about it - just say that the reasoning isn't valid.

I'm sure that Ramus wasn't trying to insult your playing ability.

We don't want more flamewars going on.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Ramus »

Timeater wrote:Posts like this irritate me. The age old "dumb or scum" line. I'm probably double the player you'll ever be. You dont know how I play and you dont know my playstyle. Go ahead, side with Bob because he uses ad hominem attacks and pompous words like "anaphoric". That totally makes him smart and a good not-rash player.
I'm not trying to be a jerk. Sorry if I am coming off that way, because I'm really trying not to, heck, I haven't even voted for you yet, see anything from that? It's just a game. Go ahead and call me whatever you want, but I'd just like to play Mafia.

Also, quit with the appeal to emotion. Now, I'll ask:

What makes you not scummy?

And...

What makes cyberbob scummy?

Once again, sorry if I'm being a bit offensive, but please, let's keep the game enjoyable.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by iLord »

Ramus wrote:Also, quit with the appeal to emotion. Now, I'll ask:
Why did you feel the need to make this statement?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”