Shell Game (Night 2)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

yoink
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 388, Dannflor wrote: can someone add me to the hoods
same, but only the one with warmpup. i don't want to be in the other one.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 am

Post by PenguinPower »

19 seconds...dammit
<(") | (")>
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I regret to inform everyone (especially firebringer) that I believe firebringer to be town
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 am

luke my boy who do you think is mafia rn im too lazy to look at the vote count
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Spoiler:
In post 316, morph the cat wrote:
In post 264, Dannflor wrote: which probably makes sunflower town because is the type of post to make it look like you're sorting someone and get town read by the person you are pushing it isn't the type of post you make to push a scum buddy
In post 149, Spiffeh wrote: Ok the site is too laggy for me to keep refreshing the thread so I will instead devote my time to casing someone on page 6!
In post 102, Sunflower wrote:
In post 96, morph the cat wrote:
In post 94, morph the cat wrote: I have similar concerns about fireisredsir.
*WE* have concerns, simultaneously and independently!

Fire seems to have taken the "Jupiter in a scum slot fluffyness" and made it a part of himself right now. And I don't like it one little itty bitty bit.

Grrrrrrr.
i was fluffier entering kemusan which you both saw so this is an interesting take

:blossom:
In post 116, Sunflower wrote:
In post 112, morph the cat wrote: What has snagged your attention so far?
actiondan is interesting to me. feel safe leaning town for now i think although scum is possible

pooky a little towny

dunn a little towny although his willingness to elaborate so much on reads already was quite surprising to me. i don't think it's scummy though, just surprising

y'all i think feel eager to dig into things which is probably a good enough sign for now that id rather let you do that, although i think the point on me is one that feels misapplied

if i were to put a bet on a scum rn i think id guess STD. that's based on almost nothing however id still take the pookybucks

firebagel feels likely to be readable given time so not worried there rn

I don't like either of the above from Sunflower

The first deflects morph's (imo valid) point about their fluffiness by mentioning one game where they were fluffy early on as town. By mentioning this, it demonstrates that they are aware of their town meta and therefore should have no problem replicating it, so I'm not sure the purpose of even saying this other than to try to get morph off their back.

The second post feels like scum artificially inflating the word count to look like they have substantial thoughts, idk how to really articulate it but it feels insecure to me. The ActionDan read is basically "I think town but he could be scum" which is very non-committal, so what's the point of including it in the first place? The comments about morph and STD follow this same pattern, though less explicitly. It feels like they felt the need to pad their response to morph to make it look like they were thinking about the game critically and it resulted into a bunch of "reads" that don't actually tell me anything.

These, along with their not so stellar (but not quite irredeemable!) early posts makes me happy with my vote on them.

@Sunflower:
1. What makes morph and Dunn's takes about your fluffiness "interesting" and how does this inform your read on them?
2. Can you go into more detail on the ActionDan read?

Compare to recently ended scum-spiff scumcase on town early D1:
In post 1520, Eternity Larva wrote: my self-involved reason for scum reading Koishi has to do with their treatment of me ever since 2.0 replaced in and that feeling hasn’t ever been absolved.

i also never townread their predecessor.

buddying town reads can very much be a play style thing but the bulk of their ISO, as many others have pointed out, is less progressing the game forward and more positioning and endearing themselves to people, more performative than gamesolvey.

i don’t have their ISO open but I remember noticing there’s been a couple times where they’ve praised myself (and others?) for certain posts because they were able to get a lot out of it or something, which is a safe way look like you’re analyzing the game without revealing your thoughts or making a stance. to be fair, my recent questioning into this did generate a decent response about their thoughts on Yuuka and admittedly gave me town feels.

before sharing their thoughts on Yuuka yesterday i could not tell you one scum read that Koishi held. and even prior to this Yuuka was just middle of the road for them. while my poor reading comprehension could be a contributing factor, struggling to identify the scum reads of the player with the highest post count is concerning and again points more toward scum putting on a show of genuineness and effort

this is why i’m looking forward to their wall posts on some of their not-town reads

these are my thoughts off the top of my head so they are a bit scattered but result in a scum read. i will admit i felt some glimmers of towniness from my interactions with Koishi yesterday which is why i swapped back to Kagerou, but i’m done allowing minor town pings distract me from a body of work that is scummy overall.

I’m fine with either being eliminated

So are they town or mafia here?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 404, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: luke my boy who do you think is mafia rn im too lazy to look at the vote count
I'm currently on Actiondan.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:04 am

Post by morph the cat »

"they" being Spiffy?

I'm not very moved past 55-45 or so. I'll note that I was koishi in the above example, and spiff has great results pushing me while staying in the town block as groupscum in that game. The lean is that I'm not sure he does that then immediately goes goading me again In this one, about my read of him.

But like he said, he's not a shitty player and he's not outside any ranges at the moment.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I am in agreement with thinking 1 or 0 mafia in the other neighborhood. Last night my gut was to say Marci and Actiondan were town. I do think it was overall positive that the hood was revealed. Klick's response seemed fine. Dannflor did make a point about ActionDan pushing Marci that I am considering.

Marci the answer to why would the mod tell you if there were no mafia would be mod wifom. Also somebody mentioned unclaimed mechanics still?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 am

In post 406, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 404, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: luke my boy who do you think is mafia rn im too lazy to look at the vote count
I'm currently on Actiondan.

VOTE: actiondan

i haven't read a thing this guy has posted but I'm here for you homie
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 407, morph the cat wrote: "they" being Spiffy?
Yes thanks I didn't know what you were trying to say. I think Spiffeh looks a little sus in our hood and I think Herr mitt crab looks towny
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Spoiler: Morph quotes
In post 316, morph the cat wrote:
In post 264, Dannflor wrote: which probably makes sunflower town because is the type of post to make it look like you're sorting someone and get town read by the person you are pushing it isn't the type of post you make to push a scum buddy
In post 149, Spiffeh wrote: Ok the site is too laggy for me to keep refreshing the thread so I will instead devote my time to casing someone on page 6!
In post 102, Sunflower wrote:
In post 96, morph the cat wrote:
In post 94, morph the cat wrote: I have similar concerns about fireisredsir.
*WE* have concerns, simultaneously and independently!

Fire seems to have taken the "Jupiter in a scum slot fluffyness" and made it a part of himself right now. And I don't like it one little itty bitty bit.

Grrrrrrr.
i was fluffier entering kemusan which you both saw so this is an interesting take

In post 116, Sunflower wrote:
In post 112, morph the cat wrote: What has snagged your attention so far?
actiondan is interesting to me. feel safe leaning town for now i think although scum is possible

pooky a little towny

dunn a little towny although his willingness to elaborate so much on reads already was quite surprising to me. i don't think it's scummy though, just surprising

y'all i think feel eager to dig into things which is probably a good enough sign for now that id rather let you do that, although i think the point on me is one that feels misapplied

if i were to put a bet on a scum rn i think id guess STD. that's based on almost nothing however id still take the pookybucks

firebagel feels likely to be readable given time so not worried there rn

I don't like either of the above from Sunflower

The first deflects morph's (imo valid) point about their fluffiness by mentioning one game where they were fluffy early on as town. By mentioning this, it demonstrates that they are aware of their town meta and therefore should have no problem replicating it, so I'm not sure the purpose of even saying this other than to try to get morph off their back.

The second post feels like scum artificially inflating the word count to look like they have substantial thoughts, idk how to really articulate it but it feels insecure to me. The ActionDan read is basically "I think town but he could be scum" which is very non-committal, so what's the point of including it in the first place? The comments about morph and STD follow this same pattern, though less explicitly. It feels like they felt the need to pad their response to morph to make it look like they were thinking about the game critically and it resulted into a bunch of "reads" that don't actually tell me anything.

These, along with their not so stellar (but not quite irredeemable!) early posts makes me happy with my vote on them.

@Sunflower:
1. What makes morph and Dunn's takes about your fluffiness "interesting" and how does this inform your read on them?
2. Can you go into more detail on the ActionDan read?

Compare to recently ended scum-spiff scumcase on town early D1:
In post 1520, Eternity Larva wrote: my self-involved reason for scum reading Koishi has to do with their treatment of me ever since 2.0 replaced in and that feeling hasn’t ever been absolved.

i also never townread their predecessor.

buddying town reads can very much be a play style thing but the bulk of their ISO, as many others have pointed out, is less progressing the game forward and more positioning and endearing themselves to people, more performative than gamesolvey.

i don’t have their ISO open but I remember noticing there’s been a couple times where they’ve praised myself (and others?) for certain posts because they were able to get a lot out of it or something, which is a safe way look like you’re analyzing the game without revealing your thoughts or making a stance. to be fair, my recent questioning into this did generate a decent response about their thoughts on Yuuka and admittedly gave me town feels.

before sharing their thoughts on Yuuka yesterday i could not tell you one scum read that Koishi held. and even prior to this Yuuka was just middle of the road for them. while my poor reading comprehension could be a contributing factor, struggling to identify the scum reads of the player with the highest post count is concerning and again points more toward scum putting on a show of genuineness and effort

this is why i’m looking forward to their wall posts on some of their not-town reads

these are my thoughts off the top of my head so they are a bit scattered but result in a scum read. i will admit i felt some glimmers of towniness from my interactions with Koishi yesterday which is why i swapped back to Kagerou, but i’m done allowing minor town pings distract me from a body of work that is scummy overall.

I’m fine with either being eliminated

I don't think this was a good comparison. The Eternity Larva post is 1500 posts into Day 1 where I'm scum, feeling myself, and being widely townread by the masses. My ~case~ on Sunflower was post 149 before anything's really happened (also I'm Town here but that's beside the point!). In Touhou, someone specifically asked for reasons why Koishi was scum so I was happy to jump in and oblige to earn further town points. Here, I posted the Sunflower case with zero prompting.

I'm sure there was a more apt comparison that you could have made earlier on in Day 1 of Touhou that you didn't, and I'm left wondering why.

I interpreted your question to Dannflor as your explanation for why you were town reading me, so it feels like unearned buddying especially when the circumstances are VASTLY different.

Especially coming out of Touhou where Cabd especially was snowed by me super hard and I expect him to be incredibly wary of my every move this game.

Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood the point you were making.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 am

dunnstral if you murder spiffeh and he flips red I will give you his spot in the APD
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ffery is the one that grabbed the Eternity Larva post right?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:12 am

why does anyone expect spiffeh in an alt game to be a useful comparison to naked spiffeh who's absurdly self conscious
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Dunnstral I was just about to passionately explain why I was townreading you after reading up on what I skimmed over but now you've lost that privilege due to your shenanigans
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am

like i imagine if spiffeh rolled mafia in this player list he would be in agony after every post
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 368, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 365, Save The Dragons wrote: felt like getting off ActionDan based on something said in the hood

picked morph for funzies
What did he say?
Spoiler:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I think that the following players have achieved a day 1 pass from me so far:

morph the cat (fferyllt & Cabd)
Firebringer
marcistar
Oblivion
Save The Dragons
Ydrasse
Cat Scratch Fever

Sorted by playerlist order, not strength of read. Although, I think that Marci is the only one that has a greater then day 1 pass atm.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:16 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

OH I JUST GOT THAT SHELLO AND GOODBYE PICKED THAT NAME BECAUSE WE"RE PLAYING SHELL GAME
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 355, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I think shello is town

Firebagel feels awkward and stilted as scum in a way that I'm not sensing here and is probably town too
This is Firebagel's first game on this account. Are you privy to secret knowledge or is this some kind of reaction test?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 am

In post 418, Lukewarm wrote: morph the cat (fferyllt & Cabd)
Firebringer
marcistar
Oblivion
Save The Dragons
Ydrasse
Cat Scratch Fever
considering 5/7 of these are members of the APD my legal department will be sending you an official protest of read theft
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

imitation is the greatest form of flattery, or so ive heard, so youre welcome
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:24 am

wow look at this smooth criminal buttering me up next i know you're going to have some kind of cute cat avatar
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I actually had a drawing I made of my cat as my avatar a while back

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”