Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:12 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

@Luke, I haven’t seen Cabd post in the morning EST at all this game in pretty sure, so I don’t think it’s AI he didn’t respond
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:18 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2372, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2297, morph the cat wrote: (a townie actually scum reading me is shouting that shit from the rooftops and urging the thread to stop following me blindly damn the personal consequences.)
From prior experience, yes
In post 2372, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2297, morph the cat wrote: (a townie actually scum reading me is shouting that shit from the rooftops and urging the thread to stop following me blindly damn the personal consequences.)
From prior experience, yes
heh!

Reading through the Pooky/Bingle stuff has reminded me of how I reacted to Bingle's play early day one of Yggdrasil. Everything he posted was scummy to me, and as it came out he was intentionally being scummy as an inno child. I don't intend to get into bitch-eating-crackers mode with him this game.

I think I've been expressing my observations and reactions in widely generalized terms. It's kind of where my head is at so far. Anyway the part of Bingle's posts that I think hold some truths or half-truths aren't about the 3rd party claim. I believe there probably is a 3rd party, maybe more than one, but I expect most players are at least entertaining the possibility just due to the size of the player list. I'm totally agnostic about Bingle being 3rd party, and don't really care for now.

The comments (including Sunflower's) about the possibility of a hood membership shuffling role or roles resonate, and in fact Bingle's posts about it being contingent on not voting (in some way, not necessarily the blanket way he presented over a few posts) resonates.

My quoting both Bingle and Sunflower in my vote-post may look like I think they share alignment. I don't explicitly think that.

I do think that scum either would have a hood membership manipulation ability or at the very least have hard knowledge that a mechanic of that sorts exists, not just speculation.
In post 2496, Lukewarm wrote: I was kinda hoping to come back to a cabd response, but alas
It was a little early for Cabd to be making an appearance based on when he's been showing up so far this game.
In post 2498, Lukewarm wrote: So heres the thing, I had some cracking worries on morph, but still thought town, and it all kinda ramped up quickly last night.

I hated cabd's peanut gallery -> Typing out all of the things that had worried me actually strengthened them I wrote them -> And then I did not like ffery's response.

In particular her comments about the "engaging with me on my read" which felt like her general mindset of engaging with me is not what her general mindset I associate with town!ffery.
This may surprise you but my reads are fluctuating a lot this game, so I'm more interested in absorbing what others think than in pushing my reads. I took pooky's comments about wine society to heart, though, and decided to use my vote with less conviction than I generally do.

As a final note, sleeping (rather restlessly) over my engagement with Dannflor has smashed some of the things that concerned me in the first place. I haven't meta'd anything recent, and I'm kinda hesitant to do so because cold meta is really poor substitute for experiential meta. I'm very likely to scan a few games anyway.

And, speaking of bitch-eating-crackers mode. I think that's where I'm at with Sunflower and I need to chill for a while and reset.

unvote:

If I were going to put another vote right back down, I'd put it on cakez. I await the catchup and reengagement.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 am

Post by morph the cat »

huh. I misplaced part of the quotes I wanted to reply to.

Skitter, yes, it was me who made the post with the votecount quote.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2524, marcistar wrote: wait what even are the points on morph as scum? :skull:
Spoiler:
In post 2342, Lukewarm wrote:
1Lack of methodological approach.

This is again what drew my attention to you super early in the game, where you appeared to miss the context of pooky's readlist.

It resurfaced with your Sunflower vote in , where:

(1) you used sunflower's comment on hoods being swapped around against him, despite several other people having voiced the same theory, and him not being the the first one to say it. Even in the post you quoted, fire said that he "still" thinks that hood swapping makes sense, indicating that there was a prior discussion about the topic, but you did not follow up on that.

(2) you missed an entire page of people stating that Bingle's claim looked like a joke, and you simply took it at face value. Like, in order for you to make the claim in 2099, it would necessitate you having missed every single one of these posts?

Spoiler:
In post 1724, Bingle wrote:
In post 1721, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1720, Bingle wrote: Warm pup might also be scum, btw.
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
In post 1727, Bingle wrote: VOTE: Marcistar
In post 1728, Firebringer wrote: U just said u can't vote!
In post 1729, Bingle wrote:
In post 1728, Firebringer wrote: U just said u can't vote!
No I didn’t.
In post 1730, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1724, Bingle wrote: I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote
In post 1731, Bingle wrote: That doesn’t say I can’t vote.
In post 1738, Brian Skies wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
Wait, hold on, this is actually a thing?
In post 1746, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
Bingle, you're the main character
In post 1749, Dunnstral wrote: I thought Bingle was joking.
In post 1750, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
Wait how do you know there are hoods plural?

p-edit: oh, maybe
In post 1751, Sunflower wrote: i thought bingle was very definitely joking

:blossom:
In post 1752, Firebringer wrote: I think bingle has never told a joke in mafia game ever.
In post 1753, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1750, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

p-edit: oh, maybe
I was not sure what to think about the claim, but yeah him voting 2 posts later made me assume that the claim was a joke.
]

2Your interaction with me over my reads
In post 1844, morph the cat wrote: I don't agree on a couple of your reads, which should be obvious. Those are the ones I'm mulling. Do you need me to prioritize getting back to you on it? I was going to wait until we have a chance to sync on new data first.
You feeling like you need to talk to cabd, before you could talk to me about my reads seems very out of character for how I think of town!ffery.

Like, our game experience, once you decided that I was town, we have literally started our own in thread neighborhood to work through our thoughts, and that came across as you being hesitant to just chat with me on my throughts despite having me as one of your strongest town reads.

And once you did respond to them with , is felt like there was a lack of bite? Like, it did not feel like you were actually trying to challenge me on the things that you did not agree with me on, to work through the differences. You just kinda *pointed* at places where we differed.

3Our conversation about time stamps

I feel like my posts about your history of timestamps resulted in you posting on the back foot. Like you did not know where it was going, and that worried you.

It actually gave me the opposite vibes of our interaction where I original town read you, because it felt almost like you were worried that it was leading to a read shift from me. It seemed like you wanted to enagage with me to keep a tabs on it, but didn't know the right steps to take because it was an unexpected conversation. And you basically came out and said that it was distracting to you
In post 2142, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2138, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2134, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2127, Dunnstral wrote: I find the arguments against SirCakez persuasive. The time gap between posts and also how they entered the thread looking like they were ready to solve but then vanished around the time they would have slipped. Also the idea that they would be spending time looking for how they knew that info.

inorite?

Luke do you think there's something to this?
To the cakez stuff? Or to Dunn repeating it back?

Because I am currently voting Cakez
I didn't internalize this because of wondering about your focus on
my
occasional timing focus.
4 Minor ping
In post 2140, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2137, Lukewarm wrote: inevitable 1v1.
Note that they JUST saw this exact scenario as scum in Midscummer's, from Dunn/Gif scum hydra against Alisae/Maria town hydra.
This post felt off.

It did not feel like it was engaging in a way to substantiate a new point, but just to egg on my thoughts. Strengthen my read. But still let the point be originating from me.

5Cabd's recent interjections

Spoiler: relevant cabd posts
In post 2293, morph the cat wrote: Null is always where scum puts morph when we are approaching UTR status.

Calling us scum puts a bunch of heat on from the rest of the folks town reading us and makes them effort a case.

Calling us town means admitting that we have legitimate concerns and having to more directly address and tango.

But calling our well over there hundred posts "null" means having to do neither of those things until forced from a different impetus and allows status quo riding along.
In post 2296, morph the cat wrote: Sunflower won't case me but if they are town and genuinely scum reading me they think it's perfectly fine to let scum me have thread control for two whole game days. Lol nope.
In post 2302, morph the cat wrote: I mean if you're town and I'm scum it's called playing to your win condition.
In post 2303, morph the cat wrote: You're once again more worried about the consequences and fallout of pushing me than you are actually wanting to protect the town from a scary deepwolf.
In post 2306, morph the cat wrote: And I don't think you're a coward as town. So I'm left with the alternative. That you ARE playing to win con it's just not the one I have.

I know that cabd knows that you should not step in the way of a line of questioning, but he did it anyways. And the way that he did it does feel kinda bad faith as dann said. Or as I said
In post 2313, Lukewarm wrote: this would look a lot like you were trying to get ahead of anything sunflower might have to say, both to demoralize him and to discredit anything he did decide to put out.
That series of posts does set cabd up to either:

If Fireisredsir does not make a case, say "see, I told you he wouldn't do it," or
If fireisredsir does make a case say "He had to put it out there because of my posts saying that its a scum claim not to"
In post 2352, Lukewarm wrote: VOTE: morph

I reserve the right to feel differently in the morning.
In post 2498, Lukewarm wrote: So heres the thing, I had some cracking worries on morph, but still thought town, and it all kinda ramped up quickly last night.

I hated cabd's peanut gallery -> Typing out all of the things that had worried me actually strengthened them I wrote them -> And then I did not like ffery's response.

In particular her comments about the "engaging with me on my read" which felt like her general mindset of engaging with me is not what her general mindset I associate with town!ffery.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2525, Hermit Crab wrote: @Luke, I haven’t seen Cabd post in the morning EST at all this game in pretty sure, so I don’t think it’s AI he didn’t respond
I didn't think that it was.

It was disappointment, not shade.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2526, morph the cat wrote: This may surprise you but my reads are fluctuating a lot this game, so I'm more interested in absorbing what others think than in pushing my reads. I took pooky's comments about wine society to heart, though, and decided to use my vote with less conviction than I generally do.
I still dont think that you identified what my problem with your engagement with my reads was.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:37 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2530, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2526, morph the cat wrote: This may surprise you but my reads are fluctuating a lot this game, so I'm more interested in absorbing what others think than in pushing my reads. I took pooky's comments about wine society to heart, though, and decided to use my vote with less conviction than I generally do.
I still dont think that you identified what my problem with your engagement with my reads was.
Probably not. I know my engagement IS different, though. It's just not outside my wheelhouse, especially when not firing on all cylinders.

I do feel like I'm not being explainy enough, hence my deeper dive into my thoughts about Bingle and his claim this morning.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:39 am

Post by morph the cat »

Also, why do you think scum-me wouldn't be on high alert trying to figure out what I wasn't doing that set you off?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

VC 1.8
SirCakez 4 (Hermit, CSF, Firebagel, Firebringer)
Gypyx 2 (Dannflor, Penguin)
Sunflower 2 (Klick, Spiffeh)
Firebringer 1 (Brian Skies)
STD 1 (Pooky)
Dannflor 1 (STD)
marcistar 1 (Bingle)
Firebagel 1 (Dunnstral)
Pooky 1 (SirCakez)
Spiffeh 1 (Gypyx)
morph 1 (Lukewarm)
CSF 1 (Sunflower)

Not voting (Oblivion, marcistar, experience, Shello, morph)

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to burn at the stake.

Deadline: (expired on 2024-05-09 04:07:00)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

Gypyx has been prodded.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 1761, Klick wrote: I sat down and fell asleep in 5 minutes. I needed it

Tonight, then
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: sir cakez towny wagon
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Your two responses:
Spoiler:
In post 2351, morph the cat wrote: I was more interested in understanding your thoughts and seeing where we differed than I was in convincing you I was right.
In post 2526, morph the cat wrote: This may surprise you but my reads are fluctuating a lot this game, so I'm more interested in absorbing what others think than in pushing my reads.

At no point did I say that I expected you to be "pushing your reads" or "convincing me that you are right" This is what I actually said :
In post 2342, Lukewarm wrote: is felt like there was a lack of bite? Like, it did not feel like you were actually trying to challenge me on the things that you did not agree with me on, to work through the differences
You are professing me to be one of your strongest town reads, and that I am one of your stakes in the ground this game, that you are more interested in "understanding my thoughts" and "absorbing what others think,"

But when I gave you reads, and there were things that we disagreed with you basically just pointed at the things that we differed on, and moved on.

It was missing the probing questions. The attempts to allow yourself to "see what luke sees" and to help me see what you see. It lacked the bite. It lacked the attempt to get us to be on the same page (whether that end up being agreeing with your original position or mine).
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:45 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2485, Oblivion wrote: It has plans to return its focus here but it is feeling less than 100%. While it heals is there anything it should put its focus onto?
I feel like your perspective on pooky/me, morph/me, and fb in general are all worth sharing.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If I nailed you guys with this read, I will be insufferable in the post game.

If I am wrong, I will be claiming that I never believe it that much anyways :oops:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:48 am

Post by morph the cat »

Challenging you would be pushing my reads and concept of the gamestate. :/

And once again, I am NOT settled into a groove here. And if I were playing this game in a way to get more quickly settled our postcount would be considerably higher than it already is. 48 hours ago I felt like I was stifling the game by poking at EVERYTHING. We intentionally stepped back and started giving the game 8-12 hour breaks from both of us.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2539, Lukewarm wrote: If I nailed you guys with this read, I will be insufferable in the post game.

If I am wrong, I will be claiming that I never believe it that much anyways :oops:
I will go out of my way to see you don't soon live this down, actually!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't feel like you normally walk into that conversation trying to convince me. So maybe we are using "challenging me" differently.

But I am already prepared to back down for the day.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 am

Post by morph the cat »

I engaged your list of reads that kinda started this whole thing, and that post was purely my thoughts + both halves had synced on earlier.

Aside from apparently hating that post, was there anything you wanted me to go deeper on? Anything YOU wanted to challenge?

Maybe you've done this already. If so, point out your post?

(I've been low-key griping about server side cookies all game. It's usually not much of a pain, but it's adding to my cognitive load in this game)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2407, Bingle wrote: Std or pengy?
Wow
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't think that there is anything that I need to discuss right now.

I am still open to a cabd response, but I am currently most interested in seeing where you guys go from here.

So that is more wait and see.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:15 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2497, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2360, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Luke I still think my cat is town but it's too late in the evening for me to properly read your post and then go back over the context to make sure I understand it but I promise you I will do it at some point when I have time.
Pooky did this ever happen?
not yet :3

srry im a procrastinator by nature
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

The game is a lot if weird discussions that don't really mean much to the people not involved

It's hard to assert myself like I typically can.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 am

Post by Gypyx »

hello the mod asked me to post

i'll try to do that in a few mins
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:19 am

Post by morph the cat »

Luke, I've deleted my first two responses under the Thumper Rule.

Suffice to say I've been through this ringamarole from you in Bloodstained and I'm not subjecting myself to it again.

I have no desire to discuss this further for game health reasons.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”