Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by Bingle »

Dunnstral crab oblivion town
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

okay new tactic:

please no one vote me. I am so innocent and stuff.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by Bingle »

VOTE: Marcistar
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

U just said u can't vote!
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1728, Firebringer wrote: U just said u can't vote!
No I didn’t.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1724, Bingle wrote: I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote
Show

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

That doesn’t say I can’t vote.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1703, marcistar wrote:
In post 1702, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1624, marcistar wrote:
In post 1599, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1374, Sunflower wrote: sort of :neutral_face: at the part where i asked her in hood why she said she had a powerful role and her answer was like, oh i thought cop was powerful?

:blossom:
This also concerned me
are you high because in what world is cop not powerful? even if you don't know its sanity.
I wish I were high

Giving out 1 shot cop shots of varying unkown reliability is not powerful
can you not like use it to test who you give it to? im confused is that not like basically a cop itself?
Were you thinking this when you said you got a good role?

Anyway it is hard because we have no way of knowing if the recipient is telling about their result
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1614, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1542, Brian Skies wrote: Dan, Oblivion, maybe Dann, maybe Penguin, maybe STD

I'm probably not the best person to sheep as I don't feel particularly strongly about any of the above.
Brian sell me with what you have on this please?
I remember not liking Dan's early vote on Firebagel in . It's one of those posts where the short reads list feels completely unnecessary. Like he felt he needed to include something there and just includes an extra townread. His activity here compared to his activity in his neighborhood was also a slight concern. And of the inventors, he just seems the least towny to me.

Oblivion is mostly from the Pooky vs Oblivion debate. And before Pooky spoke up, Oblivion was calling Pooky a snake. I know Pooky and Oblivion worked it out and what not, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.

I just got out of a game with Dannflor where he replaced in, and I was kind of expecting more from his catchup here as a result. Granted, he replaced into a slot that was on the verge of elimination, so that may be a factor. I also wonder if his talk about players swapping hoods is just filler talk.

I just grabbed Penguin's name out of the list as someone who I expected more of a presence from. He's pretty up in the air.

STD is similar to Dan in that he hasn't had a huge main thread presence. As far as the main thread goes, I find him less towny than Marci, Klick, and Sunflower.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:34 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1692, Firebringer wrote: Guys i have to come clean, I am mafia. I can't hide it anymore.
We know. But we have to take out the underlings before we can take out the boss.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Has Oblivion's recent posting done anything to shift that read? What do you think of Oblivion's interactions with myself and morph?

Why do you find Klick towny? I don't think I have seen you comment much on Klick, aside from questioning Spiffeh calling one of Klick's post townie?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1712, Bingle wrote:
In post 1698, Dunnstral wrote: Bingle how much of the game have you read?

The part I found unbelievable is that you don't know who is in the neighborhood
Page 1-5, page when I first posted to here, my role pm. I will admit that I opened the neighborhood and saw fire and crab, but I don’t know much more than that, nor do I particularly care atm.
This feels town.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1613, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1513, Lukewarm wrote: I was scum reading action dan at the time (this read has mellowed with time), and it still did not resonate with me.

Luke, can you talk about your current reads?
This prompted me to do start doing isos, but I am not getting through them today. So far I got Actiondan -> Gypyx -> Gypyx -> Spiff, but that is probably all Im getting to tonight.

Spoiler: Actiondan
Reading actiondan's iso actually left me leaning town, which is not exactly what I expected going in.

I think that his suspicion on Marci actually makes a little more sense now, knowing what we know about the hood, and because I saw that he did answer my question and has never played with her. I also feel like this
In post 1295, ActionDan wrote: This kind of player is anathema to me. She projects an aura of incompetentance when I dont think she really is and injects her posts with being LOUD
recontexualizes this abit more
In post 205, ActionDan wrote: At first glance this worry from Maristar looks planned and manufactured. And with the goodfellas award I am discarding this as an oversensitive townie
And with that recontextualization. I buy it more, and its a nice consistency point.

I also think that his insistence that a miller absolutely does not make any sense in the setup is the thing that really said town to me. It rings as a True Thought to me.

Spoiler: gypyx
Gypyx - Looking back, seeing them mess up the hood-scum reward in feels like a townslip.

I don't see how scum legitimately see a statement that scum get a reward for being in the hood, and mixes that up with town getting a reward for killing scum in the hood.

I did not actually have a lot of other alignment thoughts about them across their whole iso, but I really liked that thought.

Spoiler: firebagel
Firebagel - Looking back, I actually hate 106.

feels like the kind of easy thing scum look for to poke at, and does not even come with a alignment comment on Spiff. Just poking at word choice.

Something about feels fake to me.

I also feel like her interactions with the dethy reveal , , felt like posts of an outside observer, rather then someone whose wincon necessitates needing in figuring things out.

(On the townie side, I did like their town read on Oblivion in 282).

Spoiler: Spiff
Spiff - I like his page 6sunflower case. I also found it townie that he quoted it to bring it to page top. Like a lot.

I also kinda liked the instead hood claim after Marci's hood claim.

There is something about that I find townie.

I also like that when Spiff looked back at his high posting, there is both a backtrack on his claim against me and a double down on his take about actiondan. Like he established he was not posting at 100%, and was looking back, but chose to double down on the one that was actually making people suspect him. It further helps that when I was looking back at actiondan's iso,I thought the same thing.

And I liked his willingness to instant read drop on klick with 1404.

So that is a town lean for Actiondan, Gypyx, and Spiff -- and a scum read for firebagel.

VOTE: firebagel

I started to list out my full town reads, and realized I might have too many. >.<

Before starting these isos, I was at:

Marci, Crab
morph, oblivion
CSF, Pooky, Ydra,

All as town of varying strengths, so adding Actiondan, Gypyx, and Spiff feels like too many. But that is not a problem that I will be able to address tonight.

My pre-iso concerns were
actiondan
, klick, sunflower, but very little confidence in any of them. I do feel like I need to look back at Klick and Sunflower's exchange from earlier, it struck me as an exchange I should be able to discern alignment from, but did not give up its secrets on the first pass.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1724, Bingle wrote:
In post 1721, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1720, Bingle wrote: Warm pup might also be scum, btw.
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
Wait, hold on, this is actually a thing?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1737, Lukewarm wrote: doing isos
Do me! Do me!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1737, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1613, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1513, Lukewarm wrote: I was scum reading action dan at the time (this read has mellowed with time), and it still did not resonate with me.

Luke, can you talk about your current reads?
This prompted me to do start doing isos, but I am not getting through them today. So far I got Actiondan -> Gypyx -> Gypyx -> Spiff, but that is probably all Im getting to tonight.

Spoiler: Actiondan
Reading actiondan's iso actually left me leaning town, which is not exactly what I expected going in.

I think that his suspicion on Marci actually makes a little more sense now, knowing what we know about the hood, and because I saw that he did answer my question and has never played with her. I also feel like this
In post 1295, ActionDan wrote: This kind of player is anathema to me. She projects an aura of incompetentance when I dont think she really is and injects her posts with being LOUD
recontexualizes this abit more
In post 205, ActionDan wrote: At first glance this worry from Maristar looks planned and manufactured. And with the goodfellas award I am discarding this as an oversensitive townie
And with that recontextualization. I buy it more, and its a nice consistency point.

I also think that his insistence that a miller absolutely does not make any sense in the setup is the thing that really said town to me. It rings as a True Thought to me.

Spoiler: gypyx
Gypyx - Looking back, seeing them mess up the hood-scum reward in feels like a townslip.

I don't see how scum legitimately see a statement that scum get a reward for being in the hood, and mixes that up with town getting a reward for killing scum in the hood.

I did not actually have a lot of other alignment thoughts about them across their whole iso, but I really liked that thought.

Spoiler: firebagel
Firebagel - Looking back, I actually hate 106.

feels like the kind of easy thing scum look for to poke at, and does not even come with a alignment comment on Spiff. Just poking at word choice.

Something about feels fake to me.

I also feel like her interactions with the dethy reveal , , felt like posts of an outside observer, rather then someone whose wincon necessitates needing in figuring things out.

(On the townie side, I did like their town read on Oblivion in 282).

Spoiler: Spiff
Spiff - I like his page 6sunflower case. I also found it townie that he quoted it to bring it to page top. Like a lot.

I also kinda liked the instead hood claim after Marci's hood claim.

There is something about that I find townie.

I also like that when Spiff looked back at his high posting, there is both a backtrack on his claim against me and a double down on his take about actiondan. Like he established he was not posting at 100%, and was looking back, but chose to double down on the one that was actually making people suspect him. It further helps that when I was looking back at actiondan's iso,I thought the same thing.

And I liked his willingness to instant read drop on klick with 1404.

So that is a town lean for Actiondan, Gypyx, and Spiff -- and a scum read for firebagel.

VOTE: firebagel

I started to list out my full town reads, and realized I might have too many. >.<

Before starting these isos, I was at:

Marci, Crab
morph, oblivion
CSF, Pooky, Ydra,

All as town of varying strengths, so adding Actiondan, Gypyx, and Spiff feels like too many. But that is not a problem that I will be able to address tonight.

My pre-iso concerns were
actiondan
, klick, sunflower, but very little confidence in any of them. I do feel like I need to look back at Klick and Sunflower's exchange from earlier, it struck me as an exchange I should be able to discern alignment from, but did not give up its secrets on the first pass.
What about me?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1739, Bingle wrote:
In post 1737, Lukewarm wrote: doing isos
Do me! Do me!
You are the reason why after I started alphabetically with actiondan, I then promptly realized that doing the whole playlist alphabetically would not help me lol.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1740, Dunnstral wrote: What about me?
I do not have a read on you. I was actually surprised by morph having you in their strong town reads list earlier, because I understood why everyone else was there, and you were sitting right at true null where everyone starts the game. No post had pushed you in either direction

You probably deserve an iso read tbh.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1735, Hermit Crab wrote: Has Oblivion's recent posting done anything to shift that read? What do you think of Oblivion's interactions with myself and morph?

Why do you find Klick towny? I don't think I have seen you comment much on Klick, aside from questioning Spiffeh calling one of Klick's post townie?
I don't remember everything I read (or skim) so you may need to be more specific wrt Oblivion. I'm assuming you think they're town. So like, what specifically do you want me to look at?

Aside from his ambiguity, Klick has been fairly transparent with his standing with players and his votes throughout this game. And he provided his thoughts in when asked. Granted, there could be more substance to his reads, but for a while, it was a lot more than what was being given by other players in his hood.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:07 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

The interaction with me began around , with the morph interaction beginning around . I also like the read retraction on marci in the sequence of posts beginning in also felt town to me.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1619, Firebagel wrote:
In post 1604, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I don't know quite frankly. Maybe you're surprised by how quickly I was able to figure out who you were? I'm not sure why you would be though.
Well I'm not even sure that you have! You're being vague enough about it. I don't think it's unreasonable that you could guess who I am but I wasn't expecting anyone to do so here so your level of confidence in both that and your read is strange to me.

And I sorta feel like if you're guessing right, this conversation should give you some more doubt on your read. :P
I think your use of emojis at the end of sentences gives you away. Or do you remember when I read biancospino off of the Activity Overview?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:48 pm

In post 1724, Bingle wrote:
In post 1721, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1720, Bingle wrote: Warm pup might also be scum, btw.
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
Bingle, you're the main character
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 pm

Post by marcistar »

I have read your question dragons.

But rn im feeling super overwhelmed and like i cant think (for a rl reason) so im checking out of the thread for the night. I might read but i dont think im in a good enough state to actually respond. Not 100% sure how i'll feel tommorow either.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:51 pm

I actually think Bingle's role is pretty towny? Giving scum an advantage for being in a hood
and
giving them the power to move people around doesn't make sense to me. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like he can prove his role today
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I thought Bingle was joking.