Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Suck it
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I think Klick is probably Town but don’t hate the rest of your list

Leaning towards Firebringer from our hood and am also wary about Cakez and Bingle just because they are nonentities

Dannflor is someone I’d also want in the mix I think
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Cat dad took a double dose of NyQuil with honey and is going the fuck to sleep.

Cat mom should sit on her hands and let the normies who have lives and can't post all day catch up.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1624, marcistar wrote:
In post 1593, Oblivion wrote: It thinks you're the one not reading, to be honest. Rather, if it had to ask a question, why are you asking a player who already agrees with you if you have a bias instead of engaging with the slots who town read it to try and FIND the scum you think are protecting it or at least understand their arguments?

To it, it feels like you have decided that you don't like it's posting style and called it a robot and then sort of just ran with that to be scum. It hasn't seen a single justification for why you think it is scum, just that again, you don't like the way it speaks.

It is pretty certain you are town here, so dealing with you in this game is going to be incredibly demoralizing, so for the sake of its sanity it is asking you to at least try to have an open mind and discuss with people who think it is town about why they think it is town. From your PoV, it can't hurt right? Either you get to find the supposed scum who are protecting me or try to convince townies who are wrong about me in your eyes that you are right. And perhaps you end up not having a wrong read and changing your mind and not spending an entire game death tunneling it until one of us dies.
how am i not reading when you literally were stuck behind by 4734w98478 pages and then has to
ask
about the "dephy hood"?

why am i asking a player who agrees with me? because of the fact that i feel like we have pretty similar reads so they can hopefully help tell me if im putting more weight than i should into this read.
should i not try to engage with brain skies? i can stop if you think so but i really want at least someone to bounce ideas off of right now.

im pretty sure ive already asked at least 1 person why they townread you, and felt like it was underwhelming so i stopped asking them, bet you didnt read enough to see that did you?

i am in pretty good faith trying to understand arguments both about you and the widescope of the game.

i did not decide "i dont like your posting style" and i did not use that for the basis of you being scum. i mentioned "sounds like a bot" off hand yes, but if you notice my main reason for you being scum is how you treated pooky in your spat. Not your style.

i don't try to tunnel people. but i just dont like how you treated pooky. the concept of "having an open mind" is what you asked about earlier???? why am i asking brian skies??? so that i can get another opinion on if im going too hard on you???!

i thought you were done with reading my posts, and you should be if you really are so "demoralized" so what gives? why keep responding? im clearly just trying to improve my game view.

This post of yours honestly either does nothing for me, or makes me think youre reaching a bunch of conclusions too fast. Can you guess which? :giggle:
In post 1599, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1374, Sunflower wrote: sort of :neutral_face: at the part where i asked her in hood why she said she had a powerful role and her answer was like, oh i thought cop was powerful?

:blossom:
This also concerned me
are you high because in what world is cop not powerful? even if you don't know its sanity.
It does not view you in good faith when you write posts like these so it is going to go back to ignoring you now.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by marcistar »

yeah sure
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1629, marcistar wrote: yeah sure
Demonstrate an open mind even once with it and it will engage with you again.

Continue to write in posts like the above which show zero attempt to engage with it in good faith or even attempt to consider its alignment, it will ignore you. Your post was aggressive, condescending and needlessly cruel/mean. Why would it bother?

It's pretty simple math, frankly. Why would it waste its time or breath on a slot that has zero desire to see it as anything but scum... or frankly treat it as an equal? Like, from minute one you've had a problem with it, and it doesn't know what that problem is but it would really like it if you'd take the chip you carry on your shoulder and put it away.

This is its literal last plea to you, it's not going to re-engage again if you're not going to at least meet it half way.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1626, Spiffeh wrote: I think Klick is probably Town but don’t hate the rest of your list

Leaning towards Firebringer from our hood and am also wary about Cakez and Bingle just because they are nonentities

Dannflor is someone I’d also want in the mix I think
Explain why Klick is town, please. You came out strong with a reaction to a large Klick post but it doesn't know why you think that post is town. If it missed you describing this, please just quote that but it would very much like to see your mentality about the matter over just your reads.
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:23 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Both of you need to knock it off.

I want both of you to come back with a list of top three townreads and top three scumreads and justify, and actually have a conversation and try to understand each other. I think you’re both town, and this is a distraction from rooting out the actual scum. So let’s find some common ground and go from there.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1632, Hermit Crab wrote: Both of you need to knock it off.

I want both of you to come back with a list of top three townreads and top three scumreads and justify, and actually have a conversation and try to understand each other. I think you’re both town, and this is a distraction from rooting out the actual scum. So let’s find some common ground and go from there.
It already said it is willing to engage with the slot when the slot provides it with a modicum of respect. It's going to choose to ignore the slot and do its work in solving elsewhere until such a time comes.

If YOU wish to engage with it about the current state of its reads, it will HAPPILY oblige.
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:25 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Stop perpetuating it. This is actively antitown and furthers a scum wincon by facilitating rifts between the town.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

If you have to view it as talking with me, fine. I don’t mind mediating, but we need to be on the same page here.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by marcistar »

okay then why are you so sure that im town?

lets ask that first.

(also i apologize if i am actually coming off as rude, i am well aware that im rude sometimes without meaning it, i've actually had it become a problem in a couple games before)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

@Oblivion
In post 1474, Spiffeh wrote: @Brian the "I'm finding the push on myself overwhelming" bleeds town to me. I don't think that ever comes from scum.

There is also a sense of genuine self-awareness that Town is more likely to vocalize in the thread. If scum!Klick notices that his vagueness is bringing him a lot of heat, he probably just changes up his play style without directly addressing and bringing more attention to it like he does here.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1626, Spiffeh wrote: Leaning towards Firebringer
Okay ill go out with you spiffeh.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:31 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1636, marcistar wrote: okay then why are you so sure that im town?

lets ask that first.

(also i apologize if i am actually coming off as rude, i am well aware that im rude sometimes without meaning it, i've actually had it become a problem in a couple games before)
It wasn't until Morph told it to look back at the reveal of the Dethy thing to the thread that it had not seen. Your post came across as Confused, Inquiring and Seeking Aid to Understand.

It feels that you would have sought that aid from a scum PT if you had one, it also feels that you would have a hard time faking that level of confusion. It thinks that airing out public the manner you did indicates a lack of an ulterior motive and most of all it just thinks that scum would have benefitted from the status quo state of the Dethy not being public to be able to keep information on a lock down.

Now, if the dethy has a traitor as Morph theorized, the scum PT part goes out the window, but then there comes a whole other issue of "If you are a traitor existing in a neighbourhood that you don't understand why or how it exists but you likely know everyone else is town based on your role PM, do you hard out the way you did?" Its answer is emphatically No.

So while it doesn't have a great understanding of your mental model and has been having a hard time engaging with you to even get one, it feels like that single string of posts is sufficient to be able to mark you as town.
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:32 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I said look at the dethy thing! Damn cat always stealing my thunder
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by Oblivion »

This is ignoring the matter of tone and the WAY in which you approached it which it also thinks comes from town but is more fakable and since it doesn't have a mental model for you it can't reliably go "This fits the model in a way that makes it comfortable she is town".

But as an additional evidence point with an already stronger argument? It thinks it makes the townread that much stronger.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1640, Hermit Crab wrote: I said look at the dethy thing! Damn cat always stealing my thunder
Ah, was it you? It is typing from top of head and much of last night's brainspace is still taken up with emotional baggage from the Pooky conversation. Apologies.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:34 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1637, Spiffeh wrote: @Oblivion
In post 1474, Spiffeh wrote: @Brian the "I'm finding the push on myself overwhelming" bleeds town to me. I don't think that ever comes from scum.

There is also a sense of genuine self-awareness that Town is more likely to vocalize in the thread. If scum!Klick notices that his vagueness is bringing him a lot of heat, he probably just changes up his play style without directly addressing and bringing more attention to it like he does here.
Please explain why "I am finding the push on myself overwhelming" bleeds town?
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:35 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Question for both of you- let’s assume you’re both town and have been interacting like you have all game. What do you think scum would do around that?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

can i answer that, i think ignore it and let them keep going
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1644, Hermit Crab wrote: Question for both of you- let’s assume you’re both town and have been interacting like you have all game. What do you think scum would do around that?
It really depends on the mentality of the scum. A more aggressive player might, say, attempt to force a reconciliation to pocket both those players and look better themselves. That said, the trade off of having an isolated series of players at each others throats might not be worth it?

It suspects it would be better to ignore it all together. Just let it play out and let it be a distraction.
But not older.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1381, morph the cat wrote: Kinda. With Bingle showing up in the game thread, I wondered if he surfaced in the hood, too.
I have not.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Dude what part of PenguinPower said Bingle is town does this game not understand
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1648, Hermit Crab wrote: Dude what part of PenguinPower said Bingle is town does this game not understand
Can... can it raise its hand to ask? Is this just yet another magical interaction of players in which they claim to always be 100% like Pooky->Morph?
But not older.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”