Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:00 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1392, Shello and Goodbye wrote: are people confident that dragons is town
I am
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:02 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1596, Firebagel wrote:
In post 1563, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1517, Firebagel wrote: Yeah, I don't know Firebringer well enough to actually keep it up, but that was definitely the idea.

But what is my 'usual' playstyle? Does Oblivion seem accurate in describing it from what it's seen here?
By "usual" playstyle, I meant that you're not trying to deliberate obfuscate your posting. For the most part you're posting things you would normally post on your main

And hmm, it's right that you're lighthearteded at times and you'll generally say what's on your mind, but I don't think you're "off the cuff." I think Oblivion's thought process was typed up quickly and checks out enough that I think it's real though
You realize this doesn't really give me enough to be able to assess your thoughts here. :?
Thoughts on what?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:04 pm

In post 1412, Hermit Crab wrote: I have decided that I do not believe what I do not see, regardless of what the other people in the hood says.

VOTE: STD

-Herr Mitt
Why me over someone like sircakez or bingle? Because you want to solve the hood or?
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 1601, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1596, Firebagel wrote:
In post 1563, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1517, Firebagel wrote: Yeah, I don't know Firebringer well enough to actually keep it up, but that was definitely the idea.

But what is my 'usual' playstyle? Does Oblivion seem accurate in describing it from what it's seen here?
By "usual" playstyle, I meant that you're not trying to deliberate obfuscate your posting. For the most part you're posting things you would normally post on your main

And hmm, it's right that you're lighthearteded at times and you'll generally say what's on your mind, but I don't think you're "off the cuff." I think Oblivion's thought process was typed up quickly and checks out enough that I think it's real though
You realize this doesn't really give me enough to be able to assess your thoughts here. :?
Thoughts on what?
Why do you think I'm asking you about your thoughts on me?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:09 pm

I don't know quite frankly. Maybe you're surprised by how quickly I was able to figure out who you were? I'm not sure why you would be though.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:12 pm

In post 1554, Firebringer wrote: Okay since morph doesn't want my vote i leave it open to the game.
Guess what cheese im thinking of u become a double voter for 48 hours
Edam
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:12 pm

In post 1565, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1564, Firebagel wrote:
In post 1554, Firebringer wrote: Okay since morph doesn't want my vote i leave it open to the game.
Guess what cheese im thinking of u become a double voter for 48 hours
Gouda
YOU WIN
Damn
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:18 pm

Caught up.

VOTE: firebagel

I personally don't want to kill in my hood today, but d2 on should probably within until we get the scum. If we kill now we don't get the night result.

It's also dangerous if scum kill the recipients of our inventions
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:20 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 1602, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1412, Hermit Crab wrote: I have decided that I do not believe what I do not see, regardless of what the other people in the hood says.

-Herr Mitt
Why me over someone like sircakez or bingle? Because you want to solve the hood or?
Not doing anything at all vs doing something super towny in the hood but not doing so here

-Herr Mitt
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

In post 1607, Save The Dragons wrote: Caught up.

VOTE: firebagel

I personally don't want to kill in my hood today, but d2 on should probably within until we get the scum. If we kill now we don't get the night result.

It's also dangerous if scum kill the recipients of our inventions
Why are you voting firebagel
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 1591, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1587, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1571, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1569, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1568, marcistar wrote: guys i have bad news
the new valorant battlepass is out
so i can no longer play properly
Please uninstall Valorant because clearly this game takes priority.

-Herr Mitt
:/
To be fair, I was going to say this regardless of what game was mentioned there.

-Herr Mitt
I'm giving you a pensive gaze because you didn't reply to my question when you came back to the thread.
What question?
If it’s about the confidence, I believe that’s towards the other crab.

-Herr Mitt
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Keep it in your quiver, I was putting out fires at home.

We both think you’re town, but I have been burned too many times to be fully open at the moment. It’s not my fault your bar is so high!
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Where’s Brian, I wanna talk to him.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1513, Lukewarm wrote: I was scum reading action dan at the time (this read has mellowed with time), and it still did not resonate with me.

Luke, can you talk about your current reads?
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 1542, Brian Skies wrote: Dan, Oblivion, maybe Dann, maybe Penguin, maybe STD

I'm probably not the best person to sheep as I don't feel particularly strongly about any of the above.
Brian sell me with what you have on this please?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1602, Save The Dragons wrote:

-Herr Mitt
Do you think we should be going after Sircakez/Bingle?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1611, Hermit Crab wrote: Keep it in your quiver, I was putting out fires at home.

We both think you’re town, but I have been burned too many times to be fully open at the moment. It’s not my fault your bar is so high!
I felt the slightest rift forming. Of course I took notice.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 1616, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1611, Hermit Crab wrote: Keep it in your quiver, I was putting out fires at home.

My other head is keeping me honest. I need to compare your list with ours at some point.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

(Also my issue was more Luke’s willingness to blind sheep (I understand this was retconned I’m saying the info I had at the time) when that’s my thing)
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 1604, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I don't know quite frankly. Maybe you're surprised by how quickly I was able to figure out who you were? I'm not sure why you would be though.
Well I'm not even sure that you have! You're being vague enough about it. I don't think it's unreasonable that you could guess who I am but I wasn't expecting anyone to do so here so your level of confidence in both that and your read is strange to me.

And I sorta feel like if you're guessing right, this conversation should give you some more doubt on your read. :P
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1617, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1616, morph the cat wrote:

My other head is keeping me honest. I need to compare your list with ours at some point.
I'm interested in the comparison. If this is going to be a POE game for me, I need to find way more solid townreads.

You mentioned our Spiffeh read not doing much for you. Where do you have him? What puts him there?
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:48 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I’m admittedly back and forth in him, I find myself tending towards the town side of the metronome though? But I understand I am not the end all be all read of the mouse, I just had a lot of concern with the primary push on him seeming to stem from preflip associatives with who I thought was a fairly widely held townread?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I love when you all talk about me!

Is everyone having a good evening so far?!
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:54 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I would say people in concerned with include (Klick/Sunflower), Gypyx, Brian, someone in our hood, Penguin? But this is somewhat off the cuff.

Pedit-
Hey dad, what are your thoughts on this collection of people
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1593, Oblivion wrote: It thinks you're the one not reading, to be honest. Rather, if it had to ask a question, why are you asking a player who already agrees with you if you have a bias instead of engaging with the slots who town read it to try and FIND the scum you think are protecting it or at least understand their arguments?

To it, it feels like you have decided that you don't like it's posting style and called it a robot and then sort of just ran with that to be scum. It hasn't seen a single justification for why you think it is scum, just that again, you don't like the way it speaks.

It is pretty certain you are town here, so dealing with you in this game is going to be incredibly demoralizing, so for the sake of its sanity it is asking you to at least try to have an open mind and discuss with people who think it is town about why they think it is town. From your PoV, it can't hurt right? Either you get to find the supposed scum who are protecting me or try to convince townies who are wrong about me in your eyes that you are right. And perhaps you end up not having a wrong read and changing your mind and not spending an entire game death tunneling it until one of us dies.
how am i not reading when you literally were stuck behind by 4734w98478 pages and then has to
ask
about the "dephy hood"?

why am i asking a player who agrees with me? because of the fact that i feel like we have pretty similar reads so they can hopefully help tell me if im putting more weight than i should into this read.
should i not try to engage with brain skies? i can stop if you think so but i really want at least someone to bounce ideas off of right now.

im pretty sure ive already asked at least 1 person why they townread you, and felt like it was underwhelming so i stopped asking them, bet you didnt read enough to see that did you?

i am in pretty good faith trying to understand arguments both about you and the widescope of the game.

i did not decide "i dont like your posting style" and i did not use that for the basis of you being scum. i mentioned "sounds like a bot" off hand yes, but if you notice my main reason for you being scum is how you treated pooky in your spat. Not your style.

i don't try to tunnel people. but i just dont like how you treated pooky. the concept of "having an open mind" is what you asked about earlier???? why am i asking brian skies??? so that i can get another opinion on if im going too hard on you???!

i thought you were done with reading my posts, and you should be if you really are so "demoralized" so what gives? why keep responding? im clearly just trying to improve my game view.

This post of yours honestly either does nothing for me, or makes me think youre reaching a bunch of conclusions too fast. Can you guess which? :giggle:
In post 1599, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1374, Sunflower wrote: sort of :neutral_face: at the part where i asked her in hood why she said she had a powerful role and her answer was like, oh i thought cop was powerful?

:blossom:
This also concerned me
are you high because in what world is cop not powerful? even if you don't know its sanity.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”